WZ-113G FT, Is it worth it?

Tier X TD Tank Destroyer

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: WZ-113G FT Tank Destroyer (39 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Is the WZ-113G FT Worth it?

1. Yes. (15 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

2. No. (24 votes [61.54%])

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

Is the WZ-113G FT line good?

1. It's good. (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. It's decent. (13 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. It's meh. (16 votes [41.03%])

Percentage of vote: 41.03%

4. It's horrible. (4 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

Vote Hide poll

ELRagePsycho_ #1 Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3841 battles
  • [HUGS] HUGS

So, I've been getting quite a few blueprints for the Chinese TD Line.

I've been debating whether or not to put the effort in to going up that line. Seeing teammates play those tanks, my first impressions have been 'oh they don't seem too bad' but then again, I've read and heard a few people say the line is horrible and isn't worth it towards the end. 

With the Xp discounts I've been getting off the blueprints, it's becoming more tempting but I don't want my efforts to be wasted if the entire line is just a let down.

Anything I should look out for when going down the line? And more importantly, is it worth it?

(I've included a poll just in case anyone passing by doesn't want to write out an answer and would rather just vote on the poll. Thanks in advance <3)

fwhaatpiraat #2 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58674 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Slow and turretless TDs do not appeal to me at all. I would prefer going down the T110E4 line, I think, although I'm not even that motivated to start grinding it.

Laatikkomafia #3 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:20 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Simple way to check if a tier 10 TD is worth the grind:

Is it the Bobject? Then yes.

If not, then no.

The_Naa #4 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8369 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

Im grinding my way up there ATM And i am interested to know more about it

Im going to get it even if its bad.

Its about the same as T110E3 when Comparing stats but gets to places faster at the cost of armor.

A classic trade off id say. 

Edited by The_Naa, 10 April 2019 - 09:32 PM.

ELRagePsycho_ #5 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3841 battles
  • [HUGS] HUGS

View PostThe_Naa, on 10 April 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

Its about the same as T110E3 when Comparing stats but gets to places faster at the cost of armor.

What tier you at atm? 

Yeah, after the checking stats it does seem similar to the E3. I think I prefer the WZ-113G FT over the E3 anyways since I like faster vehicles rather than armoured ones lol.

arthurwellsley #6 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 54060 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
I am at the tier IX. They have been OK. Nothing special. USSR clones. SU, ISU 704 etc if you have already played that line.

The_Naa #7 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8369 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostELRagePsycho_, on 10 April 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

What tier you at atm? 

Yeah, after the checking stats it does seem similar to the E3. I think I prefer the WZ-113G FT over the E3 anyways since I like faster vehicles rather than armoured ones lol.

Tier 7, the T-34 variant. im getting some free XP to get a better gun for it as the stock gun is bad for that tier IMO

WoT_RU_Doing #8 Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:12 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57849 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
I loved the tier 6, but found the rest rather underwhelming. As for the tier X, it's not my favourite TD, but it's responsible for my very best game so far, by damage caused (http://wotreplays.eu/site/4766738). The thing is, I found many of the vehicles rather inconsistent and unreliable, sometimes giving you a great result, and next battle they'll miss every shot. That being said, I might try the tier 7 again sometime - the line has the advantage that it has the WZ-120-1G FT as the premium crew trainer, and that is one of my all time favourites, so revisiting the tier 7 with 4 skills on each crew member might be fun..

ELRagePsycho_ #9 Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3841 battles
  • [HUGS] HUGS

View PostThe_Naa, on 10 April 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

Tier 7, the T-34 variant. im getting some free XP to get a better gun for it as the stock gun is bad for that tier IMO

Ahh I see. I heard the stock tier 7 is pretty poor. Might have to save myself some free xp just for that then

ELRagePsycho_ #10 Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3841 battles
  • [HUGS] HUGS

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 10 April 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

I loved the tier 6, but found the rest rather underwhelming. As for the tier X, it's not my favourite TD, but it's responsible for my very best game so far, by damage caused (http://wotreplays.eu/site/4766738). The thing is, I found many of the vehicles rather inconsistent and unreliable, sometimes giving you a great result, and next battle they'll miss every shot. That being said, I might try the tier 7 again sometime - the line has the advantage that it has the WZ-120-1G FT as the premium crew trainer, and that is one of my all time favourites, so revisiting the tier 7 with 4 skills on each crew member might be fun..

Inconsistent and unreliable have been the two most common things I've heard about his line. I can bare with inconsistencies so maybe I might make it a line I'll go up but it wont be one of my "main lines" I'll be doing. I need some more opinions of info on the line before I make that choice. 

You are right with the premium tank and having that advantage to train the crew which I guess is incredibly useful.

I've heard the tier 7 is the worst tank in that line? I'm not sure if that's an opinion agreed upon by the majority of those who have driven it, but I'm hopeful its not. I'm hoping it's just bad when stock like other tanks. 

Your game result you had in that game was really good though. I'll have to download the replay and give it a watch just so that I have a somewhat vague idea on how to play those tanks lol

SuperOlsson #11 Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23919 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

The tier X is kinda meh from what i've seen. Frontal armor is big, rather flat and easy to hit, works very well against standard rounds but as soon as tier 9-10's load gold your big profiled armor turns into cheese.

gitgud_cannot #12 Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29447 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 10 April 2019 - 10:31 PM, said:

to be honest, e3 is probably even less worth playing than china td, i played e3 for some 20 battles, it just didn't work for me at all, lower plate gets rekt even by tier 8s with standard rounds, so you cant push a flank. all you can do in it - is to hold a flank in a hull down position, if there is no arta in the battle. even though china td doesnt have super armored superstructure, at least it has decent top speed and reverse speed(reverse speed in e3 is terrible) and overall decentish mobility. I find it funny that even JPZ has better mobility than E3 lol. 

On topic - i would stick with tier 9 china TD, its much better tier for tier. It has pretty much the same armor and the same gun, so why play tier 10 one? I did exactly the same with t110e3, sold it and rebough T95 - which is not only better tier for tier, T95 is actually better than E3, ok it doesnt get the same gun with 375mm apcr, but armor can be angled, unlike E3 and even tier 10s struggle to pen you. Funnily enough T95 nowadays has better overall mobility than t110e3 as well lol.

p.s. im really not a td guy, dont like to play them much and im not great in them when i do play them, all high tiered tds that i have played were for the missions only, pretty much. went for e3 line cause of bouncing missions - murican and british hts are no good for those misisons, cant do it reliably. 

Edited by unrealname, 11 April 2019 - 06:30 AM.

nakkipeppu #13 Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33355 battles
  • [LGGF] LGGF

I get that if tier X of the line is bad, people think that the whole line is worthless.

But I enjoyed tiers 4-7, and the line has probably one of the most fun premiums available - I've got the tier 7 and the 120-1 with the christmas reward crew lodged in the garage and and perfectly happy playing them as they are. Maybe I'll get the tier9 at some point, who knows.

Line has resonable mobility, brutal DPM, great camo and great view range in each of them with passable armor. So they're very flexible and are workable in quite a few gameplay situations, which, to me, makes them enjoyable to play.

Geno1isme #14 Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48124 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

The T10 of that line isn't worth it, however T6-9 are pretty decent:

T6: very mobile, good camo and a pretty good and reliable gun for T6. Basically a SU-100 with the small gun that trades armor for mobility.

T7: less mobile than the T6, but with some armor and very good camo value (almost the same as the UDES). The top-gun is a trap though, better to stick with the 100mm gun even if the alpha is rather low.

T8: rather sluggish, very low HP and unreliable armor, but a very powerful gun. Not as much alpha as the ISU, but a bit more reliable.

T9: very powerful gun, ok armor, but rather slow. Plays like a crossover between Obj704 and T95.

T10: basically same as the the T9, just with minor stat improvements.

DuncaN_101 #15 Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:06 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 56009 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View Postarthurwellsley, on 10 April 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

I am at the tier IX. They have been OK. Nothing special. USSR clones. SU, ISU 704 etc if you have already played that line.

In other words... Good/fun to play years ago. 

FatigueGalaxy #16 Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:22 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 21695 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostGeno1isme, on 11 April 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

T7: less mobile than the T6, but with some armor and very good camo value (almost the same as the UDES). The top-gun is a trap though, better to stick with the 100mm gun even if the alpha is rather low.

Top gun is not a trap. 100 mm is not enough for tier 7 TD, especially with that DPM, alpha and penetration. 800 HP TD with barely 2.2k DPM and 250 alpha? 100 mm makes this tank a worse AMX AC 46, 122 mm makes it a worse (balanced) SU-122-44.

btw. wtf with 1,53 medium terrain resistance on this TDs? Same as tier 8-10 - those tanks should get the same mobility as platforms they were built on. Tier 7 should move like a medium and tier 8-10 should get the same mobility as WZ-111 series heavies.

Geno1isme #17 Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48124 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 11 April 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

Top gun is not a trap. 100 mm is not enough for tier 7 TD, especially with that DPM, alpha and penetration. 800 HP TD with barely 2.2k DPM and 250 alpha? 100 mm makes this tank a worse AMX AC 46, 122 mm makes it a worse (balanced) SU-122-44.

Yes, the alpha is pretty low, and it doesn't have insane DPM like the E-25. But with the 100mm you can actually hit stuff reliably and often get two or three shots out before the target manages to get into cover (or even keep them perma-tracked). Also you can much quicker react to events on the battlefield when you don't have to aim for an eternerty.

The 122mm pretty much has the same penetration as the 100mm, so that's not really a point. It's just about alpha vs. gun-handling in the end, and while generally alpha is king I think in this case it's not worth the tradeoffs.

I'd compare it more with a Scorpion (the US one), Challenger or Ikv90 than the russian variants or the french coffin.

Edited by Geno1isme, 11 April 2019 - 11:29 AM.

samuelx43a #18 Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26658 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I cannot play wot now as I'm in Spain for the holidays, but I'm currently at the T-34-2G FT. And so far, they are quite nice. I'm a stickler for alpha, as I have the 704(and the ISU line is just fantastic IMO)

I'm totally going to equip the 122 for this. I mean if it is anything like the russian line, then it will be ok. Prolly miss more shots because it does not have the soviet RNG, but it will still hit hard.

The one I am intersted is the fat ISU at tier IX, with that insane gun that has tier X levels of pen

ELRagePsycho_ #19 Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3841 battles
  • [HUGS] HUGS

View Postnakkipeppu, on 11 April 2019 - 06:37 AM, said:

I get that if tier X of the line is bad, people think that the whole line is worthless.

But I enjoyed tiers 4-7, and the line has probably one of the most fun premiums available - I've got the tier 7 and the 120-1 with the christmas reward crew lodged in the garage and and perfectly happy playing them as they are. Maybe I'll get the tier9 at some point, who knows.

Line has resonable mobility, brutal DPM, great camo and great view range in each of them with passable armor. So they're very flexible and are workable in quite a few gameplay situations, which, to me, makes them enjoyable to play.

That's why I'm so torn. I hear they're great at being flexible but then again, I hear they're just useless and bad even with their great flexibility. 

I suppose I'll just have to give it a whirl and see how I do. I'm really enjoying the tier 4 currently and I've seen people do great things in the tier 5 so currently I think my opinion is 70/30, in favour of they seem good.

View PostGeno1isme, on 11 April 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

The T10 of that line isn't worth it, however T6-9 are pretty decent:

T6: very mobile, good camo and a pretty good and reliable gun for T6. Basically a SU-100 with the small gun that trades armor for mobility.

T8: rather sluggish, very low HP and unreliable armor, but a very powerful gun. Not as much alpha as the ISU, but a bit more reliable.

T9: very powerful gun, ok armor, but rather slow. Plays like a crossover between Obj704 and T95.

T10: basically same as the the T9, just with minor stat improvements.

Hmmm, it seems like the line gets slower even though the armour cant seem to decide whether or not to be decent or crap lmao. 

The guns and the camo seem like the most defining features of the tank. Maybe I'll have to see about the speed for myself. The amount of times I've been shot up badly by a Chinese TD convinces me the guns must be good. 

I've heard poor things about the tier 7, maybe that trap-gun is why. Thank you for the heads up, I'll stick to the 100mm.

Just a bit sad the tier x doesn't sound worth it. Maybe I'll enjoy it... suppose I might as well just eyeball it and find out for myself.

Thank you for the advice on the tiers. Very useful!

View Postsamuelx43a, on 11 April 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

I cannot play wot now as I'm in Spain for the holidays, but I'm currently at the T-34-2G FT. And so far, they are quite nice. I'm a stickler for alpha, as I have the 704(and the ISU line is just fantastic IMO)

I'm totally going to equip the 122 for this. I mean if it is anything like the russian line, then it will be ok. Prolly miss more shots because it does not have the soviet RNG, but it will still hit hard.

The one I am intersted is the fat ISU at tier IX, with that insane gun that has tier X levels of pen

I'm already working my way up the 704 and I can agree that the line seems amazing. I cant wait to get those amazing alpha guns lmao

If they seem quite nice then maybe I will just eyeball it and see how I fair up with that line. 

The comments here seem to be in favour or show the pros/cons to the line but the poll's say otherwise. 

Still torn with it but I suppose I'll just have to see for myself lol

Isharial #20 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:48 PM

Major

• Player
  • 23332 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

my only TX so how I can truly slag it off :hiding:

to be fair, its a big slow box.. generally it cant go any faster than a Maus but its no where near as "useful" in the general maps that we have.

get it hull down so they cant see the lower and upper front plates of the 113 hull (ie, below the added TD casemate) and you do have decent armour that can bounce a fair few shells, but that is limited to A) being hulldown and B) not getting rushed or artied to death, so, is it's armour actually *that* useable? not really...

the gun depression does help hulldown though, so that is something...

the gun however makes up for everything else by actually being able to aim on a target and hit it properly. the AP pen is good enough for pretty much everything and you always have the gold shell for nailing 907's (they deserve nothing less)

the HE is even quite nice for splashing under Maus, T95 etc.. etc.. you break their track, deal damage and make it easier for your team so its a good shout

its really the gun that makes this tank, the chassis is bad save for a few situations and its so slow that most of the time you are bringing up the rear and not where you want to be.

that said, it can snipe and the camouflage is not too bad for a tank of this size and nature

can I recommend it? sure, it works, but there are other TD's like the Obj, Jagd etc.. etc.. that are not only faster but have the same alpha as you or more... maybe that helps the wz though, as most will prioritise something far more "deadly" and leave you to slap them...

15:50 Added after 2 minutes

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 10 April 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

just don't...

really the T5-6 and T8-9 are far better.. ive always said the T7 is an AT8 with 390 alpha... its far too "slow" but without any actual armour either.. that alpha isn't unknown at T7 so its not even a tradeoff

and who really wants to play a slower SU-100, when you have the SU-100? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users