WZ-113G FT, Is it worth it?

Tier X TD Tank Destroyer

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: WZ-113G FT Tank Destroyer (36 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Is the WZ-113G FT Worth it?

1. Yes. (13 votes [36.11%])

Percentage of vote: 36.11%

2. No. (23 votes [63.89%])

Percentage of vote: 63.89%

Is the WZ-113G FT line good?

1. It's good. (4 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. It's decent. (12 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. It's meh. (16 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

4. It's horrible. (4 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Hide poll

DeadLecter #21 Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29929 battles
I'm at tier 7 and I think the last time I played it was 2 month ago. T8 is kinda OK. T9 has good HE shells but T10 is really trash. It is slow and the armor gets penned with 340 HEAT. You can also easily pen the LFP with any gun. And the last piece of super concrete evidence that the TX is trash, is how often do you see it in randoms? Almost never. Maybe once in 3 weeks. That speaks to how good it is.

ELRagePsycho_ #22 Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3579 battles
  • [HUGS] HUGS

View PostIsharial, on 11 April 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

my only TX so how I can truly slag it off :hiding:

to be fair, its a big slow box.. generally it cant go any faster than a Maus but its no where near as "useful" in the general maps that we have.

get it hull down so they cant see the lower and upper front plates of the 113 hull (ie, below the added TD casemate) and you do have decent armour that can bounce a fair few shells, but that is limited to A) being hulldown and B) not getting rushed or artied to death, so, is it's armour actually *that* useable? not really...

the gun depression does help hulldown though, so that is something...

the gun however makes up for everything else by actually being able to aim on a target and hit it properly. the AP pen is good enough for pretty much everything and you always have the gold shell for nailing 907's (they deserve nothing less)

the HE is even quite nice for splashing under Maus, T95 etc.. etc.. you break their track, deal damage and make it easier for your team so its a good shout

its really the gun that makes this tank, the chassis is bad save for a few situations and its so slow that most of the time you are bringing up the rear and not where you want to be.

that said, it can snipe and the camouflage is not too bad for a tank of this size and nature

can I recommend it? sure, it works, but there are other TD's like the Obj, Jagd etc.. etc.. that are not only faster but have the same alpha as you or more... maybe that helps the wz though, as most will prioritise something far more "deadly" and leave you to slap them...

15:50 Added after 2 minutes

just don't...

really the T5-6 and T8-9 are far better.. ive always said the T7 is an AT8 with 390 alpha... its far too "slow" but without any actual armour either.. that alpha isn't unknown at T7 so its not even a tradeoff

and who really wants to play a slower SU-100, when you have the SU-100? 

So what playstyle would best suit the tank then? It sounds like just being the traditional sniper is the best way to go but yet people tend to play them like brawlers. 

The tank just seems a bit confused with what it wants to be. It seems like it wants to be a brawler but doesn't have the armour, but yet it wants to be a sniper but apparently it doesn't have the accuracy (or so I've heard).

But with what you have said, I'm convinced it is actually meant to be played of the sniping role rather than be a brawler so I think that's what I'll stick with unless there is something I'm missing lol

17:45 Added after 7 minutes

View PostDeadLecter, on 11 April 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

I'm at tier 7 and I think the last time I played it was 2 month ago. T8 is kinda OK. T9 has good HE shells but T10 is really trash. It is slow and the armor gets penned with 340 HEAT. You can also easily pen the LFP with any gun. And the last piece of super concrete evidence that the TX is trash, is how often do you see it in randoms? Almost never. Maybe once in 3 weeks. That speaks to how good it is.

My highest tier is 9 (being the Emil II) so I haven't had many experience in tier x battles.

However, even with the tier x games I've gotten into, you are right, you barely see the Tier X Chinese TD. The only tiers I can find that line in are 6, 8 and 9. 4, 5, 7 and 10 are no where to be seen... I don't think I've ever seen the tier 7 ever and I've only ever come across the Tier X once but then again, I've not had many games where Tier X has been more than 30% of the team (estimated percentage guess, I haven't got a clue lmao). 

I've heard not so great things about Tier 7 but I'm sure a little patience, some premium time and free xp will help with the grind lol

I'll have to give it a chance even though I'm partially dreading it. 

Tier 8 and 9 seems to be where they're the most effective which I guess I'm okay with as I'll be spending the longest amount of time on them during the grind up.

As for Tier X... I've got mixed feelings about it. I'm curious to see if I can make it work but yet I'm not looking forward to it at the same time.

I'm sure it'll be a painful but fun line tho 

Balc0ra #23 Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70170 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Tbh, the only solid keeper on that line was the tier 7. It's still great, and it's the only one I went back to. Tier 6 was fine as a support TD. But once spotted it died fast. Tier 8 worked as an aggressive TD even stock as a top tier with that DPM, and armor. But in +1 or 2 games it's like a Borsig, you need to sit as far back as possible or it will die instantly vs those guns. Tier 9 for me atm is a mixed bag. Its armor works rather often. But it's basically a taller T95. And almost as slow on most surfaces.

FatigueGalaxy #24 Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20808 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostGeno1isme, on 11 April 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

Yes, the alpha is pretty low, and it doesn't have insane DPM like the E-25. But with the 100mm you can actually hit stuff reliably and often get two or three shots out before the target manages to get into cover (or even keep them perma-tracked). Also you can much quicker react to events on the battlefield when you don't have to aim for an eternerty.

The 122mm pretty much has the same penetration as the 100mm, so that's not really a point. It's just about alpha vs. gun-handling in the end, and while generally alpha is king I think in this case it's not worth the tradeoffs.

I'd compare it more with a Scorpion (the US one), Challenger or Ikv90 than the russian variants or the french coffin.

Still, you have paper TD with mediocre mobility and 800 HP (a lot of enemies can 2-shot you). High alpha and DPM can save you in numerous situations. When it comes down to 1vs1, you can brute force your way through most encounters. While I enjoyed aiming time and accuracy of the 100 mm gun, I mounter 122 mm the moment I researched it because 100 mm is not enough for tier 7 TD. 122 mm leaves a mark on your target, especially when your next shot is ready under 8s and most players don't realize this until it's too late.

Difference in penetration is negligible but 122 mm can overmatch more tanks and has better premium ammo.

Challenger has way better gun, turret, better armour and mobility, and IKV90 is known for its lackluster firepower. Both of them and M56 have 20-30 mm more penetration, better shell velocity and often better accuracy compared to 100 mm on T-34-2G FT. Alpha and DPM is are two aspects where T-34-2G excels compared to all tier 7 TDs, while 100mm makes it below-average, generic, tier 7 TD.

nakkipeppu #25 Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32715 battles
  • [LGGF] LGGF

I'm not going to quote specifically the posts about the tier 7, so here are points.

It's not a slouch. It has similar p/w to SU-122-44 with worse terrain resistance values, so it comes with a lower mobility, but it's closer to the slower end of mediums on mobility than heavies. It can certainly travel around the map and be at relevant places at relevant times.

It's blessed with two valid gun options, stock gun is perfectly ok for grinding, the better 100mm can be researched fast. I just like the 122mm best, it has a bit better handling than (again) SU-122-44, and with good crew and equipment, you surprise somebody, slam 390 damage on him, and then another 390 in 7.5 seconds. Higher alpha has it's merits - you're chomping off quarter off out of the HP pool of higher tier heavies with each hit. It has solid 192 pen on AP shell. The DPM is very high - it pales only to 122-44, E-25 and SU-152 with 122mm mounted. It's very punishing when you get to a surprise tanks that are in off-position which brings me to .. 

.. camo. The tank actually has moving and stationary camo equal to E-25. I'm not joking. Look it up. Camo upon firing with 122mm is obviously much worse, but not terrible. Similar to firing light tanks, which kinda sounds ridiculous by itself.

Finally, it's not blind like russian TD:s, with binocs you're easily pushing 500m+ view ranges, meaning that you can easily double up as a spotter. I have a good crew in it, so I break the view range cap with just optics, but I like the binocs for the ability to just burn through everybody elses camo. You're getting that first shot every time.

Armor isn't great but it is there, you'll bounce some shots, especially when you're backing up at an incline and they hit your upper plate at an angle. It's solid enough to prevent getting those catastrophic HE pens.

Edit :

I have to point out that I by no means say that it's the best tank of tier7, or somehow absolutely amazing. It is somehow very wonky tank, and gameplay experience is kinda similar I encountered with the old obj 263 line, with sorta confused fixed gun well-camoed medium tanks with brutal dpm but average gun performance otherwise. I have hard time adjusting to chinese TD:s, and certainly perform worse in them than more traditional tanks. But I don't feel like the tank itself sucked, I always feel that there's something I could've known and done better, which actually makes me to want to play more of them.

Edited by nakkipeppu, 11 April 2019 - 07:28 PM.

leggasiini #26 Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16353 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
The line doesn't seem too bad outside from stock grinds, but the tier 10 from what I recall is just...bad. It's basically a marginally improved version of the tier 9 at tier 10. It's some kind of mix of Object 268 and T110E3 yet it fails to be worse than both. There's a reason why it's the least common tier 10 by a large margin.

SneiderMcCluck #27 Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7724 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

It was my first Tier 10 TD, it is like a ISU on steroids. I really enjoy playing it, the upper hull armor can bounce surprising amount of damage and even shrug off Tier 10 HEAT shells if it is angled.

Grinding the line can be a bit boring from 5-7 imo, the tier 9 grind was not boring at all and I had a good time in it.

ELRagePsycho_ #28 Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3579 battles
  • [HUGS] HUGS

View Postnakkipeppu, on 11 April 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

I'm not going to quote specifically the posts about the tier 7, so here are points.

It's not a slouch. It has similar p/w to SU-122-44 with worse terrain resistance values, so it comes with a lower mobility, but it's closer to the slower end of mediums on mobility than heavies. It can certainly travel around the map and be at relevant places at relevant times.

It's blessed with two valid gun options, stock gun is perfectly ok for grinding, the better 100mm can be researched fast. I just like the 122mm best, it has a bit better handling than (again) SU-122-44, and with good crew and equipment, you surprise somebody, slam 390 damage on him, and then another 390 in 7.5 seconds. Higher alpha has it's merits - you're chomping off quarter off out of the HP pool of higher tier heavies with each hit. It has solid 192 pen on AP shell. The DPM is very high - it pales only to 122-44, E-25 and SU-152 with 122mm mounted. It's very punishing when you get to a surprise tanks that are in off-position which brings me to .. 

.. camo. The tank actually has moving and stationary camo equal to E-25. I'm not joking. Look it up. Camo upon firing with 122mm is obviously much worse, but not terrible. Similar to firing light tanks, which kinda sounds ridiculous by itself.

Finally, it's not blind like russian TD:s, with binocs you're easily pushing 500m+ view ranges, meaning that you can easily double up as a spotter. I have a good crew in it, so I break the view range cap with just optics, but I like the binocs for the ability to just burn through everybody elses camo. You're getting that first shot every time.

Armor isn't great but it is there, you'll bounce some shots, especially when you're backing up at an incline and they hit your upper plate at an angle. It's solid enough to prevent getting those catastrophic HE pens.

Edit :

I have to point out that I by no means say that it's the best tank of tier7, or somehow absolutely amazing. It is somehow very wonky tank, and gameplay experience is kinda similar I encountered with the old obj 263 line, with sorta confused fixed gun well-camoed medium tanks with brutal dpm but average gun performance otherwise. I have hard time adjusting to chinese TD:s, and certainly perform worse in them than more traditional tanks. But I don't feel like the tank itself sucked, I always feel that there's something I could've known and done better, which actually makes me to want to play more of them.

Similar camo to the E-25 when stationary and moving!? Right, deciding factor, I'm going up that line lol

In all seriousness, your points have been very useful about the Tier 7 which actually changes how I feel about it. It doesn't sound too bad now.

Thank you for the points. I will keep them all in mind! 

23:15 Added after 6 minutes

View PostSneiderMcCluck, on 11 April 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

It was my first Tier 10 TD, it is like a ISU on steroids. I really enjoy playing it, the upper hull armor can bounce surprising amount of damage and even shrug off Tier 10 HEAT shells if it is angled.

Grinding the line can be a bit boring from 5-7 imo, the tier 9 grind was not boring at all and I had a good time in it.

5 and 6 I'm not too worried about, they're usually somewhat quick to get through usually imo but the 7 I've heard, as of now, very mixed things about.

I'm convinced I'll still have some fun with the tanks however bad or boring they may be.

If the Tier X is as good as you say it is then I guess I'm in for a treat then. However, a lot of people have been a bit "meh" about it so.... I cant get my hopes up just yet lol

Geno1isme #29 Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:37 AM

General

• Player
  • 46224 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostELRagePsycho_, on 12 April 2019 - 01:09 AM, said:

If the Tier X is as good as you say it is then I guess I'm in for a treat then. However, a lot of people have been a bit "meh" about it so.... I cant get my hopes up just yet lol

As said, the T10 is just the same as the T9 with some minor stat improvements, but significantly harsher matchmaking. That's why it's generally not considered to be worth the grind. If the difference between T9 and T10 would be more noticable it could change pretty quickly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users