Private

• Player
  • 17742 battles
  • [DNCRO] DNCRO

Helleveryone!

I spent a few weeks thinking about this and I think I found a great solution

to make the game less frustrating

*and at the same time not to destroy the artillery class.*

What is ultimately the purpose of artillery?

The purpose of the artillery is to support the team, attacking stationary vehicles

because they are easier to hit and in some cases also moving vehicles.
But did not you think it is almost impossible to protect yourself from artillery fire?
Do not you feel frustrated when you are being hit while going with your light tank with 60+ km/h?
Artillery should be limited to stationary targets 
or

if someone wants to shoot in a moving vehicle should be a little more difficult

should require more skill to shoot in a moving light tank.
When I'm with a heavy tank, I feel I can not do anything to keep myself from artillery fire, I'm trying for nothing to move forward and backwards to avoid enemy sheels.

I really want to exist a solution for that.

I want to exist a solution to avoid to be continuously stuned by artillery

I have a solution!

How about artillery can only hit stationary targets and to hit targets in motion, the player needs to figure out where to take the enemy vehicle and shoot where it is not yet.

"But is not this already happening?"

Yes, but in order to reduce the cases where light tanks are hit while executing avoidance maneuvers, we could increase the dispersion during the cannon & tank movement,

so artillery players must predict where the enemy tanks will go.

"Will not it be too difficult for the artillery players?"

To compensate for this increase in dispersions, we could reduce the aim time, thus, artillery can shoot faster in stationary vehicles but when they move the cannon or the tank to shoot in moving targets,

the reticle will increase greatly, so it will be harder to hit the targets with high speeds and also

the campers will be punished faster.

What do you think World of Tanks creators?

I post here because I believe that nobody will see my post in SPG discussion Thread 

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/649198-the-big-spg-discussion-thread/page__st__9280__p__16810019#entry16810019

Edited by denisslovin, 12 April 2019 - 10:39 AM.

The_Naa #2 Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8256 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View Postdenisslovin, on 11 April 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

the player needs to figure out where to take the enemy vehicle and shoot where it is not yet.

this is in the game already.  you have to give lead so that the shell will hit the fast moving target and if the fast moving target stops and you gave the shot lead… tough luck.

View Postdenisslovin, on 11 April 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

How about artillery can only hit stationary targets 

and then arty would be useless. as the mightiest nerfing tool would be:

Spoiler

No thank you.

Sirebellus #3 Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23031 battles
Frustration comes from trying to read a post in mutil coloured different sized lettering.

If I am understanding correctly you want arty to have a big 'bloom' when moving or traversing the gun, and an aim time so that if the gun isn't moved the SPG can fire accurately faster.

I guess you don't play arty very often, this is precisely what already happens with Arty...

PayMore #4 Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27337 battles
Good idea, but you should tone-down the lbqt-theme of your poster! 

TheDrownedApe #5 Posted 11 April 2019 - 03:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49507 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
my eyes, OMG my eyes

Bordhaw #6 Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View Postdenisslovin, on 11 April 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

But did not you think it is almost impossible to protect yourself from artillery fire?
Do not you feel frustrated when you are being hit while going with your light tank with 60+ km/h?
Artillery should be limited to stationary targets 
or

I have a solution!

How about artillery can only hit stationary targets and to hit targets in motion, the player needs to figure out where to take the enemy vehicle and shoot where it is not yet.

Dorander #7 Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

Well kudos for the visual effort, but it didn't help me in reading it, in fact it made it more bothersome to read. I recommend a neat, black and white representation next time that doesn't look like you're advertising the latest product in skincare.

That said the message I got that this is just a complaint about artillery. Moving on.

Homer_J #8 Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32301 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The reason arty can hit light tanks despite a 3 second shell flight time is simple.  Light tank drivers are pretty bad at being unpredictable.  They will drive the same circuit six or seven times, often continuing even after they get splashed once by arty.

It doesn't matter how big you make the dispersion on moving the gun / tank because I don't need to, I aim at one spot and wait for you to come round again.

TheComfyChair #9 Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8891 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHomer_J, on 11 April 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

The reason arty can hit light tanks despite a 3 second shell flight time is simple.  Light tank drivers are pretty bad at being unpredictable.  They will drive the same circuit six or seven times, often continuing even after they get splashed once by arty.

It doesn't matter how big you make the dispersion on moving the gun / tank because I don't need to, I aim at one spot and wait for you to come round again.

These are wise words :arta:

I_Gutmensch_Deluxe_I #10 Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18383 battles
  • [NASO] NASO
I Vote: Remove Arta.

Jigabachi #11 Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
What about no?

Slyspy #12 Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14699 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Unreadable post is unread. 

gunslingerXXX #13 Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:00 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12752 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Nice colours.

Its simple, make arty play PvE only. Arty players can click actual bots and do whatever they do in the meantime, while regular players can play the game without clickers. 

Oh and the few times arty are actually useful really don't outweigh the constant limitation they put on the gameplay right now.

wsatnutter #14 Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:23 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26442 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
No 

Toni112007 #15 Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11166 battles
During this marathon I wanted to break my laptop several times of how bad teams were...0:5 for enemy in 2 minutes...plus arta xvm focus (I can't imagine how its for super unicums lol) btw I am not reading that.

Edited by Toni112007, 12 April 2019 - 06:29 AM.

denisslovin #16 Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17742 battles
  • [DNCRO] DNCRO

View PostSirebellus, on 11 April 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

Frustration comes from trying to read a post in mutil coloured different sized lettering.

If I am understanding correctly you want arty to have a big 'bloom' when moving or traversing the gun, and an aim time so that if the gun isn't moved the SPG can fire accurately faster.

I guess you don't play arty very often, this is precisely what already happens with Arty...

It isn't enought, I can't do absolutely anything to avoid arty

SaintMaddenus #17 Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:42 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38012 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

one thread isn't enough for all those colours.

I thought it was one really large signature when I read it in the other thread.

denisslovin #18 Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17742 battles
  • [DNCRO] DNCRO

View PostSlyspy, on 12 April 2019 - 01:07 AM, said:

Unreadable post is unread. 

Now is better?

09:50 Added after 6 minutes

View PostSirebellus, on 11 April 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

I have thousands of games with arties, but I think that is too easy to shoot moving targets, is not fair to stay in the corner of the map and shoot like a sniper, let's think about heavy tanks players too, what can they do? What can I do if I play with a Heavy Tank? I get nuked in cities and covers, too much stun, to much splash damage, maybe in 1.5 version will be better.
09:57 Added after 13 minutes

View PostHomer_J, on 11 April 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

I want arty to focus campers, no the active players, me personally I will shoot a closer target anyway if it moves because I am more accurate and the shell flight is smaller. Why to shoot a camper situated far, where I am more inaccurate and the shell will take longer to reach the target

09:58 Added after 14 minutes

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 11 April 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

my eyes, OMG my eyes

I just wanted to be more interesting, sorry
10:03 Added after 19 minutes

View PostPayMore, on 11 April 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

Good idea, but you should tone-down the lbqt-theme of your poster! 

done

Anthony_1972 #19 Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10193 battles

I think this suggestion is worth to look at. 

After all, artillery is supposed to prevent camping...  meaning shooting at stationary targets in the back.

The opposite is true at the moment, artillery is preventing active gameplay, like flanking. 

Making a BIG increase in dispersion while moving the gun could influence this.    However, I think all artillery nerfs will hit the same problem...   WG does not want to remove arty... therefor it should stay a viable class to play.    Make it so that indeed it only hits campers, and artillery becomes so horrible that nobody wants to play it. It will probably also become useless for the team, because the kind of campers that arty should deal with hardly exist...   You simply camp in an arty safe position! 

But this kind of brainstorming is useful.  It's rather sad that everyone immediately reacts negatively to a well though-out idea.  

Personally, I think artillery should become useful against all those camouflaged TD's that can snipe without consequence.  I do it myself, but it is quite silly how WoT game mechanics allow for this.   It is very difficult to assault a bush line over open field when the enemy has a good spotter, and some TD's knowing how to double bush.   And lots of maps require assaulting such positions.   It would be nice if artillery could help with that.    Maybe by destroying camouflage bonusses...   or by firing smoke grenades.  

Smoke is available in Frontline, so this is definitely possible.   Maybe besides HE, artillery should have a SMOKE shell option.     That would really make a big difference to game play!    And make maps more variable.  From Frontline experience, I think there are even some XP calculations due to support from smoke implemented!   

FrantisekBascovansky #20 Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29452 battles

So, an arty whine thread disguised as a "frustration reduce proposal".

Also, format your post like a human.

Also tagged with SPG, arty, atillery, frustration, fun, solution

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users