9k battles in Löwe

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

avr7002 #1 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34091 battles

9000 battles in Löwe. All skilled, perked crew.  WR still 46%. Not bad tank, but cursed for me. I just cant win with this tank, although driving it at MOE1 level. With 9000 battles had tried all different tactics and all possible positions, usually among 3 in my team by exp, but still lost. Wot is not p2w game. I had spent over years about 3300 euros, but my RNG is very bad. My biggest problem, I hardly pen, usually 9 shots, 7 hits, 2 pens, although shot only on weak spots. Added just 3 last replays, not cherry picked.

http://wotreplays.eu...c3b8f13bcae1bac

cro001 #2 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32329 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
With 46% win rate, you should revisit everything you know about the game. Something ain't right with how you play, Lowe is great tank.

Renesco #3 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 24974 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
All your replays show you landing at most 3 hits per battle. You have a 46% winrate because you're bad at the game, sorry to break it to you.

Jahpero #4 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:17 PM

• 11101 battles
  • [_CDC_] _CDC_

Hello everyone, 

Please remain constructive. 

avr7002 is asking for help by posting replays so feel free to provide him useful feedback or you can go to post in another thread. :)

Regards,
Jahpero

HEATzk0pf #5 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36090 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Just watched the steppes replay. What i can tell you in short:

1. Watch Minimap - your Team decided not to play on this flank, so its very likely you get overrunned. Normally this is  a good position - but not alone.

2. 2 times you peeked and do not shoot (in the beginning, the onliest point where you could gather some time for you or fear them a bit) - looked like you didnt know where to shoot

Then the Rapetrain came and you were dead. With just a little bit more attention in the beginning, this would have become a 2K Game and a good amount of spotting (which is not MEGA bit much better than you did).

After all - you dont play that bad, just take yourself more time to choose your optimal position and how you can support (or be supported by) your team.

Rati_Festa #6 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47976 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postavr7002, on 11 April 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

9000 battles in Löwe. All skilled, perked crew.  WR still 46%. Not bad tank, but cursed for me. I just cant win with this tank, although driving it at MOE1 level. With 9000 battles had tried all different tactics and all possible positions, usually among 3 in my team by exp, but still lost. Wot is not p2w game. I had spent over years about 3300 euros, but my RNG is very bad. My biggest problem, I hardly pen, usually 9 shots, 7 hits, 2 pens, although shot only on weak spots. Added just 3 last replays, not cherry picked.

Just looked at your stats you have played 33k but 30k of them are t8 and above. That's amazingly unbalanced.

Drop down to t5/t6 get some RU heavies and practice some hulldown and side scraping. It's not the Lowe or RNG its your lack of learning the basics.

Frostilicus #7 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23221 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

I watched the Steppes replay, within 15 seconds you could see that only you and the batchat were heading to the east side, and the bat chat hightailed it when he saw the clump of enemy tanks over there, you continued into that position despite the fact you were alone,

I'm surprised you didn't get flanked by the caernarvon and lorry 40t sooner, but they probably did the right thing, trying to flank might have allowed the defender and is3 a few shots on them. Once they realised you had no support on the corner they pretty much toasted you :)

In future, consider using the countdown to see what you are matched up again, then use the first 10 seconds of the battle to see how your team is deploying, especially in a slow heavy where relocating is more difficult once you've started to move out

Balc0ra #8 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70505 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Might be cursed for you. But with the recent buffs over the last 2-3 years. The Lowe is still the best all-round tier 8 prem HT for most situations. And with the 2nd highest normal HT pen iirc on tier 8. That's close to what most have asgold pen. It's not to bad.  Mine snaps and still pens at times. As the gun is amazing for just that.

But... it's not a great multitasker when alone. So read the map before you rush in. As pushing alone vs more guns will never work out well for that thing. It's a HT that's great for holding a corner. Not pushing it. And even then it needs a gun or two behind it.

Edited by Balc0ra, 11 April 2019 - 04:41 PM.

vp56 #9 Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3424 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostJahpero, on 11 April 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

Hello everyone, 

Please remain constructive. 

avr7002 is asking for help by posting replays so feel free to provide him useful feedback or you can go to post in another thread. :)

Regards,
Jahpero

Even though it may not seem "nice", the correct thing to tell the OP is precisely that he sucks. Why? Because it's the truth. It's wrong to hide it form him and let him live under the illusion that his tank is "cursed" because even with an absolutely massive sample size of 9k battles he still has 46% win rate and 900 damage per game with a perfectly fine tank.

It is outright immoral to not tell the truth to an obviously very bad player who is asking for advice. Anyone can learn the game and get much better at it, this includes the OP. If he is willing to put in the work I salute him. But the starting point is acknowledging that he is basically a bot and most things he "knows" about the game are dead-wrong. He needs to get rid of all these bad habits and if he really believes that his tank is "cursed" because his win rate after 9k battles is 46%, the guy is obviously in denial and a slap on the face is exactly what's needed.

The next step is learning the core game mechanics, ignoring advice from the other bad but nice players and instead learning from the "unfriendly" better players.

To the OP I recommend watching streams and openly trying to learn from the better players. It's also important that the OP doesn't fall into the "go to low tiers to learn" trap that lots of other bad players will suggest. He needs to play high tiers, make lots of mistakes and actively learn from them. When unsure he can post replays with tank X on map Y with the mindset "What I should have done?" and not get defensive when a good player calls him out on his bad decisions and tells him what he should've done instead.

And last but not least, every good player has invariably broken lots of sweat and bled a lot on their way to their current level. This is how you get better. It's not always "fun" which is why most players never become decent.

Edited by vp56, 11 April 2019 - 04:46 PM.

Laatikkomafia #10 Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:10 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I'm not sure where to start, thus I'll make some points in a random order. You need to see the bigger picture.

Your average damage is really low. On average, you pen three shots: Try to increase that to 5-6 shots. Thus I'm not buying when you say you shoot at weakspots. Either you don't know weakspots at all, you fire HE or you don't know how sloping and angling affects armor values.

You cap too much. You have twice the amount of cap points than you have defense points. And in the past 1k battles, over 7 times the amount. It tells that you lack situational awareness or you make bad calls.

First MoE is worth nothing, especially after 9000 battles. One might reach the 1st MoE just by sheer luck in 9000 battles. That doesn't mean the player plays at said level.

How I'd go on from here:

-Upload more than one replay. Upload matches where you deal your HP worth of damage (in a victory or defeat). Also upload replays where you are top-3 on XP and 0-damage replays.

Edited by Laatikkomafia, 11 April 2019 - 05:12 PM.

JocMeister #11 Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 26466 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I will give you what feedback I can based on the replays. I´m not a very good HT player though so take it for what it is!

Steppes:

Good choice of line. You don´t pay attention to your team though. You rush ahead alone despite their CAX. Cearn, 53tp and 110 clearly going up against you. Look at the map. You should have turned back. Lorrain is spotted above you but you still drive forward right into a bad position where the Lorraine and EBR can flank you. Their entire team except 5 tanks are on the 9-0 line. 

Your mistake in that game was clearly pushing ahead alone. Never do that. Even with 4 enemies HT spotted also going for 9-0 line you kept going dooming yourself. Look at the map and what is happening all the time. Especially important in the beginning. Who are with you? Are you alone? How many are we? How many worst case will they be? Can I retreat if they have a lot more tanks? Etc, etc,

Airfield.

No arty. Tier 9 MM. Fantastic MM for you. I wouldn´t have gone HT line but that is probably personal preference. T32 is spotted on the hill for a long time. But you still drive into his fire. The Tier 9 WZ also isn´t spotted nor is the JT. If they had been on the sniper shelf on D8 they would have deleted you straight to garage. You do the same peak again driving sideways into the AMX who hits you, you pull back and then do the same peak again?! You then do it a 3rd time?! You have just giving away 1k HP to the AMX. How nice of you. :) You then do the same peak again. KV122 misses you but the AMX didn´t.

Not really sure where to begin. You obviously need to work A LOT on you map awareness, Enlarge the map and look at it every 5th second. Always look at it. Understand and try to anticipate where the enemy might be. Doing that first peak could easily have sent you to the garage. You were just lucky that the WZ and JT wasn´t on the normal position where you could expect them. Your peaks are awful. You go out basically sideways showing them a flat surface to shoot you at. 100mm of armor. You won´t bounce anything with that.

You did your first awful peak getting penned by the AMX. You should have realized you can´t take on a M4 51 and win. Especially not considering the KV-122, T32 and possibly the JT could shoot you. You should have pulled back and went somewhere else. I would probably have pulled back and see if I could lure the AMX to follow. But instead you did the same peak 4 times. If it doesnt work the first time I won´t a second, or a third, or a 4th.

Steppes:

Again fantastic MM. No arty full tier 8 MM. Good map for you. I don´t agree to go 1 line though. They have a Defender, IS3 and VK100P. Not targets you want to trade with. Instead you should have gone 2 line and wrecked any MTs (there are a lot on the map). Löwe is a great tank for that position. With no arty you can play hulldown and just wreck anything. You peak several times, are spotted and fired at but never shoot back? You will miss 100% of the shots you never take. You already exposed yourself so you might as well fire. You never know when you get a luck hit. Enemy pull back and you have a good position where they have to peak against your already preaimed gun. Yet you never fire against the IS3 and suddenly pull back? Why? You can PEN the IS3 roof. Its a lucky shot but you never even try? Its now 3 mins into the game and you still havn´t fired a shot. Do something. You are too inactive. A bit of bad luck on the VK100P. At least the 1st one should have penned. 2nd one is just bad RNG. You reaction is really slow? Do you play with a very bad ping. Despite having a good shot well aimed into the VK cupola (and a green pen marker) it takes you 2-3 seconds before you fire? You notice the VTU moving up behind you but in turning you expose yourself to the FV, Pantera and VK behind you. You should have ignore the VTU and tried to farm the FV. Game is clearly lost and you are dead no matter what. Try to get as much damage done as possible. The VTU was the smallest threat in this case.

Playing a slow HT its critical you analyze the MM and team setups and pick the best line for your circumstances. In this game you would have had a better game going the 2 line. Of that I am certain.

Edited by JocMeister, 11 April 2019 - 05:55 PM.

avr7002 #12 Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34091 battles

I know what is my biggest problem in WOT. I am too aggressive. I hardly survive even winning battle. Usually I make early dmg, that is bad, because early dmg usually on bad players, good players are not even spotted this time. 0ften I die at 5: 1 and discover in horrors, that left teammates are often unable to carry battle on win.  But in Löwe it is important choose flank during count down and start immediate, hope that you are not alone (46% it works). As for all 33k battles in high tier, I think, it is already done. How can I become better in Löwe, driving tier 6 HT? There are different view ranges, different positions. My overall wr is also very bad, because I driving only and only my bad tanks, trying to achieve 50wr at any tank at any cost. Last year I had mostly played Löwe, Leopard 1, 121, 113, all good tanks, but not suitable for my aggressive style, solo random battles. I hope, that WOT will become more dynamic, currently it is too campy. Win or lost are anyway decided by TD and arty, unless you are very good player. Just watch after battle reports. I had watched lot of streamers, also I had watched my best team mates, after I had died. 33k battles watched, how good players play.

wsatnutter #13 Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:27 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26159 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postvp56, on 11 April 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

Even though it may not seem "nice", the correct thing to tell the OP is precisely that he sucks. Why? Because it's the truth. It's wrong to hide it form him and let him live under the illusion that his tank is "cursed" because even with an absolutely massive sample size of 9k battles he still has 46% win rate and 900 damage per game with a perfectly fine tank.

It is outright immoral to not tell the truth to an obviously very bad player who is asking for advice. Anyone can learn the game and get much better at it, this includes the OP. If he is willing to put in the work I salute him. But the starting point is acknowledging that he is basically a bot and most things he "knows" about the game are dead-wrong. He needs to get rid of all these bad habits and if he really believes that his tank is "cursed" because his win rate after 9k battles is 46%, the guy is obviously in denial and a slap on the face is exactly what's needed.

The next step is learning the core game mechanics, ignoring advice from the other bad but nice players and instead learning from the "unfriendly" better players.

To the OP I recommend watching streams and openly trying to learn from the better players. It's also important that the OP doesn't fall into the "go to low tiers to learn" trap that lots of other bad players will suggest. He needs to play high tiers, make lots of mistakes and actively learn from them. When unsure he can post replays with tank X on map Y with the mindset "What I should have done?" and not get defensive when a good player calls him out on his bad decisions and tells him what he should've done instead.

And last but not least, every good player has invariably broken lots of sweat and bled a lot on their way to their current level. This is how you get better. It's not always "fun" which is why most players never become decent.

this is a very very good post best post I've read this week and totally valid

KarmaMint #14 Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1562 battles

View Postavr7002, on 11 April 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

I know what is my biggest problem in WOT. I am too aggressive.

That's what happens to me aswell. I have MOBA mindset where you need to be aggressive and push when flank opens. But in World of Tanks you often notice that you are pushing alone and most tanks stay behind the bushes and cover even when there is an opening. It does not feel team game imo, everyone is looking out for themselves instead of pushing as a team.

Edited by KarmaMint, 11 April 2019 - 05:46 PM.

Renesco #15 Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 24974 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

View PostKarmaMint, on 11 April 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

That's what happens to me aswell. I have MOBA mindset where you need to be aggressive and push when flank opens. But in World of Tanks you often notice that you are pushing alone and most tanks stay behind the bushes and cover even when there is an opening. It does not feel team game imo, everyone is looking out for themselves instead of pushing as a team.

Yes it's called being smart, you push forward with your buddies and get a slap of a concealed T30 for 750, or in my case a few times a FV4005 that completely alpha'd me from full health back to the garage. The smart players wait and use their dumb team-mates with no patience as spotters, mobile cover when they're alive or dead cover. It's better to play it safe and be at full health towards the end of the match when trading shots really counts.

avr7002 #16 Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:13 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34091 battles

It was bad idea hope on rng and shoot strv103B, but example, how even Löwe with Premium account can make you lost credit.

lnfernaI #17 Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31751 battles
  • [BBGEU] BBGEU

You need to check the minimap regularly. No offense,but all your bad decisions stem from you not checking the minimap. On another note,I would not be surprised if people actually reported you for botting... considering the amount of your total team contribution. :(

Edited by lnfernaI, 11 April 2019 - 06:23 PM.

Frostilicus #18 Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:22 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23221 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

View Postavr7002, on 11 April 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

It was bad idea hope on rng and shoot strv103B, but example, how even Löwe with Premium account can make you lost credit.

Edited*

You sat in an awful position, wasted tons of time trying to hit the e100, who clearly knew how to sidescrape, and your penetration indicator wasn't good for any of the shots at the strv!

Edited by darksum87, 12 April 2019 - 09:20 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

1ucky #19 Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 82579 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

Here some ideas:

* Defend your base.

* Play hull down vs stronger tanks.

* Pressure weaker tanks.

* If you have a good chance to pen, aim to pen.

* If you don't have a good chance to pen, aim to track, or shoot HE, or save the shot and pull back into cover.

* Aim long enough to hit, the gun has too bad soft stats for snap shots.

* Try some blind shots sometimes.

* Use optics, it would be a shame to waste the awesome base view range potential.

* Stay in spots where you have some cover or where you can drive into cover quickly.

* If it's not too dangerous, try to peek out of cover and spot as much as possible for your team.

* After battle, think about what happened and why. What did you and your team do well, and what was not so well? Then same for the other team. Were there some other options, and would those actions have been better or worse?

* The Löwe is a relatively slow tank, look at the timer from time to time and plan ahead.

* If in extremely close combat, remember you can ram most tanks without taking damage yourself, cause you got around 100 tons going for you. Learn which tanks are heavier than 100t and ram everything else if possible.

* Either give it your best shot (play as smart/motivated as possible), or else don't expect a victory.

Good luck!

=^.^=

Fedeita89 #20 Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9820 battles

you just need to spam gold ammo like every "pro" player here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users