• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

satakuua #41 Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12551 battles
  • [HKI] HKI

View PostToni112007, on 12 April 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

About 500-600 I guess xD. When I played E75 it was more dumb proof than its today and I could afford make some mistakes in it. And cause of that I improved. I don't think Löwe is a good tank to learn on.

Isn’t Löwe quite forgiving? Hide the lower plate and you are golden. If top tier you become god? The loaders are lazy, but at least the shells they slam in the breech tend to do what is expected. True, one should not crash the party alone, but that is rarely a good idea.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #42 Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostToni112007, on 12 April 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

He should get tier 9 heavy tank with strong armor (No type 4 because that won't make you better) cause there isn't +2 mm and is generally more forgiving cause of that.

I know that tier 9 got some advantage because of the +1/-2 MM but why not a good tier 6 medium? or a good tier 7 heavy?

Baby steps, taking a laid back, chill attitude towards the game goes a long way!

It's not a real war, if the Lowe is too tough a nut to crack. Don't bang your head against the wall and play 9k battles in the damn thing. Just switch to something simpler, maybe along the way you'll get to know a few things. Maybe that other tank will click and it'll be a treat to play. Hopefully not arty though! :)

OohSpicy #43 Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24618 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

You have gotten some good advises from good players so I would recommend that you read them out loud few times and try to do as they suggest. I hope you can turn your "luck" around with Löwe.

edit. Make your minimap bigger, so that it barely fits under enemy team list. That makes it easier to take a peak and decide new moves on the battleground.

Edited by OohSpicy, 12 April 2019 - 01:21 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #44 Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View Postsatakuua, on 12 April 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

Isn’t Löwe quite forgiving? Hide the lower plate and you are golden. If top tier you become god? The loaders are lazy, but at least the shells they slam in the breech tend to do what is expected. True, one should not crash the party alone, but that is rarely a good idea.

I don't think it's forgiving!

I mean compare it to the VK 100 and you'll really see "forgiving", now that's a god tank when top tier. Not that it's a bad tank but it won't help a relatively new player get better. :)

VarzA #45 Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25072 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View Postavr7002, on 11 April 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

9000 battles in Löwe. All skilled, perked crew.  WR still 46%. Not bad tank, but cursed for me. I just cant win with this tank, although driving it at MOE1 level. With 9000 battles had tried all different tactics and all possible positions, usually among 3 in my team by exp, but still lost. Wot is not p2w game. I had spent over years about 3300 euros, but my RNG is very bad. My biggest problem, I hardly pen, usually 9 shots, 7 hits, 2 pens, although shot only on weak spots. Added just 3 last replays, not cherry picked.

http://wotreplays.eu...c3b8f13bcae1bac

I'm not gonna look at your averages, because unless you rerolled, your averages will tell NOTHING about how you are as a player right now.

I will say this though :

- go on youtube and find Lowe replays, analyze them, where does the guy go, what does he do ... why does he do that and why does it work ?

- understand that the high pen of Lowe, the ability to go hulldown, the gun handling, accuracy and so on are to improve the applicable damage to the enemy/target.

Lowe has high ability to apply that damage, high resistance (lasts longer than normal, ability to soak damage, high HP and good armor) and it offsets that by having low dpm.

The good thing is that tanks who have this naturally, do not need gold ammo as much (better credit making).

The bad thing is that Lowe can't get out of sticky situations by dabbing the 2 key ... more pen is not going to help you when your dpm is bad.

In contrast, Cromwell B has high dpm and bad gun handling, so bad ability to apply the dpm, but when you dab the 2 key with it, your ability to apply the dpm to targets improves, so Cromwell B can in fact 'gold' it's way out of a bad situation.

That makes the Lowe a tank that needs support, it needs help, it is vulnerable to flanking.

It is also a slow tank, which means that you have to pick your flank, where you will fight/die on it because switching flanks is not an option for it (unlike the Cromwell B that can run from a flank that is collapsing).

Hope it helps.

12:32 Added after 1 minute

View Postsatakuua, on 12 April 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

Top tier it is good, but you have low dpm, and that kinda limits your ability to take advantage of a good situation.

Toni112007 #46 Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11125 battles

View Postsatakuua, on 12 April 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

If he played Lowe when it was bad mm and when it was tier 10 game pretty much 70% of times then it isn't forgiving at all.

12:44 Added after 6 minutes

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 12 April 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

I know that tier 9 got some advantage because of the +1/-2 MM but why not a good tier 6 medium? or a good tier 7 heavy?

Baby steps, taking a laid back, chill attitude towards the game goes a long way!

It's not a real war, if the Lowe is too tough a nut to crack. Don't bang your head against the wall and play 9k battles in the damn thing. Just switch to something simpler, maybe along the way you'll get to know a few things. Maybe that other tank will click and it'll be a treat to play. Hopefully not arty though! :)

I don't know. Before I got E75 I had like 850 wn8 (back then I played op KV1s when it was tier 6 with 122mm a lot so I didn't had abysmal stats xd) but when I reached E75 and played several hundred battles in it my stats jumped to roughly 1200 and when I got E100 they jumped to about 1400-1500. I had about 5000 battles when I got E100 I think. People said don't rush the tiers. I did, and It worked for me. It might not work for others tho. But E75 was a breakthrough tank for me that changed me so much as a player. Before E75 I actually almost never mounted any equipment on any tank. When I got E75 I actually started researching a bit online about weakspots and such things and that helped as well. So I think that OP needs to find a tank which fits his playstyle or feels comfortable with, and play a lot with it. He shouldn't force himself to play a tank which he finds uncomfortable.

Edited by Toni112007, 12 April 2019 - 01:48 PM.

avr7002 #47 Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34091 battles

I got lot of good advises and will try it. But these advises from good players, and they basically advise how to get about 53wr. But my problem- how to get 47 wr? My 46 wr had been as nailed 5 years and it is not, that I havent improved at 5 years. I really know well about basic, about spotting, about maps, weak spots, battle mechanic, side scrape. I have 33k battles in high tier. My problem is not same tutorial. I dont know, where is problem, but not in basic knowledge. It is OK. My Löwe is mostly among 5 players in my team, often among 3. My survival rate is still low, but I usually survive long and die, when I reach to enemy base, from enemy TD, at the end of battle. There was good point about my Löwe pen only 3 shots per battle and how about 5 penned shots per battle? It is easier to say than to do. 5 pens will be already 1600 dmg average per battle. Now take a look at last season ranked battles leaders. 10 best players in Wot, in best tanks available, achieved 1700 -2000 average dmg per battle. And you hope, that bad player like me in low dmg tank like Löwe will be perform 1600 dmg in high tier battle on long run? It is good advice, but not realistic for me. It is not, that I refuse take advise. It is how I explain my point of view. There are right pointed my tunnel vision. It is right, but again. Löwe has so slow turret travers speed, that in my experience there are no point to look wide around, but better to take sector and keep it under fire control. My fault is mostly that my Löwe is too close to centre line and wider sector is needed. But otherwise I can spot for team from centre. My Löwe has 497 view range on move + designated target, I will hold lot of enemies lighted for long. Yesterday my wr was 54, maybe I finally will achieve 47 in Löwe.

Toni112007 #48 Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11125 battles
If you look at my stats you can see that I barely played any light tanks. Thats cause they are unconfortable to me. I feel anxious when I play them and I generally am bad at them. Yes, I am noob with the light tanks :amazed:. Hopefully one day that will change lol.
12:56 Added after 6 minutes

View Postavr7002, on 12 April 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

I got lot of good advises and will try it. But these advises from good players, and they basically advise how to get about 53wr. But my problem- how to get 47 wr? My 46 wr had been as nailed 5 years and it is not, that I havent improved at 5 years. I really know well about basic, about spotting, about maps, weak spots, battle mechanic, side scrape. I have 33k battles in high tier. My problem is not same tutorial. I dont know, where is problem, but not in basic knowledge. It is OK. My Löwe is mostly among 5 players in my team, often among 3. My survival rate is still low, but I usually survive long and die, when I reach to enemy base, from enemy TD, at the end of battle. There was good point about my Löwe pen only 3 shots per battle and how about 5 penned shots per battle? It is easier to say than to do. 5 pens will be already 1600 dmg average per battle. Now take a look at last season ranked battles leaders. 10 best players in Wot, in best tanks available, achieved 1700 -2000 average dmg per battle. And you hope, that bad player like me in low dmg tank like Löwe will be perform 1600 dmg in high tier battle on long run? It is good advice, but not realistic for me. It is not, that I refuse take advise. It is how I explain my point of view. There are right pointed my tunnel vision. It is right, but again. Löwe has so slow turret travers speed, that in my experience there are no point to look wide around, but better to take sector and keep it under fire control. My fault is mostly that my Löwe is too close to centre line and wider sector is needed. But otherwise I can spot for team from centre. My Löwe has 497 view range on move + designated target, I will hold lot of enemies lighted for long. Yesterday my wr was 54, maybe I finally will achieve 47 in Löwe.

I suggest you forget about Lowe for a while and get some good tech tree heavy which you feel comfortable with and then return to Lowe later.

Edited by Toni112007, 12 April 2019 - 01:52 PM.

Mimos_A #49 Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27713 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

As others have said, if you want advice, listen to it. Nobody cares about some unverifiable stuff like how many times you are top 3, they've seen your replays, given their comments. Work on implementing their advice instead of coming up with lame excuses.

avr7002 #50 Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34091 battles

Again. I dont refuse use others advise. There is another problem. There are not many players with 9k battles in Löwe. Just advise for any better wr player, achieved on other tank? I have tier 5 German HT with 61% wr, I have tier 6 German HT with 59% wr. So, I can give advice for myself as well? I am afraid, that I have already hit the sealing for my Löwe. That, way I point out my often position among 3, by exp. You got exp by blocking, by spotting, by doing dmg. My blocked dmg is OK, there is no problem, that I simply dont know, how to use hull down. Problem is, that Löwe is slow and when reach battlefield, all good hull down positions are already occupied by teammates, often with bad grinding gun and too broke to use gold ammo. With Löwe there are not time watch and then re-join with team. You have at start at full speed drive left or right, otherwise you lost half your HP before you reach on position. Yes, I am stubborn. I want get finally 50 wr just in Löwe. If wr is luck, then I will get 50 for sure, sooner or later. If wr is skill, I will get 50 wr sooner or later. Problem is, that not only I improved. Others will too. And if all are skilled and they are already, then there is not luck or skill, then there is tank choice at the end of the day? That is question, that I cant answer.

Toni112007 #51 Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11125 battles

View Postavr7002, on 12 April 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Again. I dont refuse use others advise. There is another problem. There are not many players with 9k battles in Löwe. Just advise for any better wr player, achieved on other tank? I have tier 5 German HT with 61% wr, I have tier 6 German HT with 59% wr. So, I can give advice for myself as well? I am afraid, that I have already hit the sealing for my Löwe. That, way I point out my often position among 3, by exp. You got exp by blocking, by spotting, by doing dmg. My blocked dmg is OK, there is no problem, that I simply dont know, how to use hull down. Problem is, that Löwe is slow and when reach battlefield, all good hull down positions are already occupied by teammates, often with bad grinding gun and too broke to use gold ammo. With Löwe there are not time watch and then re-join with team. You have at start at full speed drive left or right, otherwise you lost half your HP before you reach on position. Yes, I am stubborn. I want get finally 50 wr just in Löwe. If wr is luck, then I will get 50 for sure, sooner or later. If wr is skill, I will get 50 wr sooner or later. Problem is, that not only I improved. Others will too. And if all are skilled and they are already, then there is not luck or skill, then there is tank choice at the end of the day? That is question, that I cant answer.

This comment only shows that you don't care about advices we gave you.

Edited by Toni112007, 12 April 2019 - 04:38 PM.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #52 Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19636 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

My problem is not same tutorial. I dont know, where is problem, but not in basic knowledge.

If I counted correctly, you have now been told by 9 people (including me) that you need to pay attention to what's going on in the battle. Could that be the problem? 

Mimos_A #53 Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:06 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27713 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

Again, nothing but irrelevant nonsense and lame excuses. Your lack of respect for the people giving you advice is astonishing.

JocMeister #54 Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:58 AM

Major

• Player
  • 26466 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I´m not a math guy but with 9k games in the Löwe you will probably have to play 10k+ games in the Löwe with a 55-60% WR to bump your WR up to 50%. That being said your last 300 battles in the Löwe are @ 47% WR. So basically unless you start listening to the advice I and many other have given you will never reach 50% in the Löwe. I spent a lot of time watching your replays so I would appreciate you actually took the time to read what I wrote.

1. Your mapawareness is bad. You need to work on that.

2. You are too inactive.

3. You pick bad/wrong positions.

4. You don´t use your armor at all. Learn how to angle/sidescrape.

5. You take too long to aim and shoot. 

6. You pay no attention to your team composition nor the enemy team.

7. You make really poor decisions during the game. Good example is vs. the AMX on Airfield. Doing the same peak 4 times in a row vs a tier 9 HT in perfect position...each and every time taking a shot of damage without doing any in return. Bad play. Simple as that.

8. You don´t listen to the advice given. 

RaxipIx #55 Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33281 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

The positioning is the problem, and lack of using the minimap. Yes you positioned a few times in good spots, but you had no support. Lowe has bad DPM and a good gun, you can't go and fight alone vs multiple enemies because they will push and kill you .

Also, when you get bottom tier MM, it's not a god idea to pick a fight with the tier 10's frontally , you wasted 5 minutes looking and trying to find a shot on a E 100, rather then leave him be, and move to a position where you could fight   and do constant damage on others.

My suggestion is,  get a VKP 1001 , it's more forgiving with better Alpha but worst gun handling. That tank is very good to learn the basics on how to HT with a slow tank, angle correctly and even tier 10's will have a hard time penning you. 

Aim to do same ammount of DMG  as HP the vehicle has.

Also platooning with better and more experienced players help a lot, it helped me from getting from 49% WR at 10 k ish games, to over 55 by seeing how they played and how they positioned.

Fun fact, my first tier 6 tank had 38 % WR, i  tried to fix it, and used it for some missions, now it's at 44% with 3 gun marks on it. JPZ 4, so i feel some sympathy, the difference is i know it's my fault and i don't play the tank correctly.

You got some really good advice in this thread, try to apply it to the game you play, and see the improvement.

avr7002 #56 Posted 13 April 2019 - 09:15 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34091 battles

There had been a lot of good analysis and advises and I had already tried it. My last 2 days wr sample size is small, only 18 battles, but wr was 70%, wn8 1579. Sure, it will drop again, but hope to stay near 50%. Thank you!

RaxipIx #57 Posted 13 April 2019 - 09:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33281 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postavr7002, on 13 April 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

There had been a lot of good analysis and advises and I had already tried it. My last 2 days wr sample size is small, only 18 battles, but wr was 70%, wn8 1579. Sure, it will drop again, but hope to stay near 50%. Thank you!

Keep looking at the minimap, and don't go alone. And the WR should be fine, and slowly going up.

Solstad1069 #58 Posted 13 April 2019 - 09:24 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42579 battles

My advise would be to play something else. Grind and play those mid tier mediums like Cromwell T34-85 etc.
Those tanks have mobility so looking at the map for better options becomes more natural. You will actually learn more about map awarness.

And remember you dont have to be the first guy spotted and the first to take enemy fire :P

Edited by Solstad1069, 13 April 2019 - 09:25 AM.

SMR_FV #59 Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 79114 battles
  • [GX] GX
double post

Edited by SMR_FV, 15 April 2019 - 09:32 AM.

SMR_FV #60 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 79114 battles
  • [GX] GX

View Postavr7002, on 11 April 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

Spoiler

Lowe Gameplay:

Glacier: https://www.youtube....h?v=RiS9c9FNLeA

Abbey: https://www.youtube....h?v=jNUio-DuBTA

You can also change the size of your minimap by your - = keys or _ +. Above your letters and to the right of your numbers.

Read this too: https://wiki.wargami...echanics#Aiming explains ammo types and how it's calculated. Should give you an idea of what you can pen and when.

Edited by SMR_FV, 15 April 2019 - 09:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users