Jump to content


Supertest News: FV1066 Senlac


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

vuque #1 Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:42 PM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 18007 battles
  • 3,312
  • [YOQ] YOQ
  • Member since:
    08-05-2010

Hello tankers!

Today marks the start of the Supertest for a new Premium British Tier VIII light tank: the Senlac.

 

What’s so special about it? Quite a few things:

  1. The turret of this vehicle is at the rear, yet it’s a well-rounded light tank with a top forward speed of 65 km/h and a top reverse speed of 23 km/h.
  2. The Senlac’s gun has good armor penetration (189 mm with a basic round), small aiming time (1.8 seconds), and decent stabilization. Still, this tank cannot excel as a sniper because of low accuracy (the dispersion is 0.42 m at 100 meters’ distance).
  3. The Senlac’s HE shells deal 280 points of damage. They have 90 mm of armor penetration, making the Brit a real scourge of enemy vehicles with thin armor. The HE shells fired by the Senlac travel at the same speed as basic rounds (1020 meters per second) which means they are way faster than HE shells of other tanks.

Gameplay-wise, the Senlac is much like the HWK 30. At the beginning of a battle, you can act as an effective active spotter (provided that even faster vehicles aren’t present in your team). By the battle’s end (with enemy light tanks already back in their Garages) you can get more aggressive.

The Senlac has a crew of three.

Please take note that the vehicle’s stats aren’t yet final and may change depending on the test results.

Follow the news and good luck in your battles!



Geno1isme #2 Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:15 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 45880 battles
  • 9,532
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

So another marathon tank when the british LT techtree is added later this year? :coin:

 

Doesn't look very interesting though: Rather low alpha, no armor, bad accuracy, mediocre mobility, mediocre DPM and bad viewrange. LT-432, HWK and probably even both M41s will eat it for breakfast.

Don't see much going for it unless it has exceptionally good softstats or camo rating, or is as small as an EVEN. Maybe for hunting bobby cars with that fast HE, but then you probably die just as fast ...



XanderP #3 Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:19 PM

    Private

  • Community Contributor
  • 5441 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    08-25-2012

I kinda want to try it out .. 

Is it going to be another Marathon vehicle? 



SuddeNStrikes #4 Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:26 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 40117 battles
  • 18
  • [-UBF-] -UBF-
  • Member since:
    11-19-2013
-10 gun depression on a tank with rear mounted turret?! Well... that will be a lot of fun - not...:):)

Homer_J #5 Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:59 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31189 battles
  • 33,735
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
1066? You like to rub it in don't you?

xx984 #6 Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:40 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 59710 battles
  • 2,841
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
how big is it? looks quite small in that picture but rather hard to tell 

Hiisi #7 Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:25 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16244 battles
  • 297
  • [BIGD] BIGD
  • Member since:
    03-21-2011

Base dpm seems bit low and accuracy also. At first clance model seems really small so lot is up to it (size and gamo). But fast HE-Shell helps quite a lot. 

 

Definetly not OP as LT-432. 

 

So with these stats gamo and vehicle size should be really small. Size should be second smallest tier 8 light (elc even 90 smallest).

 

 

   



Turtle_Team #8 Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:48 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29944 battles
  • 336
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    07-20-2014

View Postxx984, on 12 April 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

how big is it? looks quite small in that picture but rather hard to tell 

Pretty close to this

Mass 17,800 lb (8.074 tonnes)
Length 5.288 m (17 ft 4.2 in)[2]
Width 2.134 m (7 ft 0 in)[2]
Height 2.102 m (6 ft 10.8 in)[2]
Crew 3[2]


Turtle_Team #9 Posted 13 April 2019 - 09:21 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29944 battles
  • 336
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    07-20-2014

So are the new British lights going to be following the FV CVR(T) series of tanks? 

that would be great with a good choice of guns from 76 mm L23A1 low velocity HESH or HE or Mk3 M-A1 90mm, a variety of high AP autocannons or even the very experimental 125mm.

The FV CVR(T) FV101 Scorpion would be nice with the still record holding 82 kph off road top speed for a production tank.

the FV107 Scimitar would be epic with 90 rpm in 3 round bursts from the 30 mm L21 RADEN Cannon.

 

Kinda a big fan of the British tracked combat reconnaissance vehicles.

 

Only thing im not sure on is why the poor accuracy in the test of the FV1066? As far as I know from accounts of British CVR tanks in combat after WW2 their gun accuracy is amongst the best in the world as it was one of the primary stipulations amongst their design, cant have tanks close supporting troops which was a major role of a lot of the FV CVRs if you cant be 100% sure where you shots will land.



Turtle_Team #10 Posted 13 April 2019 - 09:33 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29944 battles
  • 336
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    07-20-2014
Not Familiar with the FV1066, as far as I know I know all of the designations from FV101 to FV30011 including the prototypes so I am fascinated to find out where WG have found some material about British tanks I haven't seen yet. . always love learning something new

NoobySkooby #11 Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:52 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16079 battles
  • 4,408
  • [S052] S052
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostHiisi, on 12 April 2019 - 07:25 PM, said:

Base dpm seems bit low and accuracy also. At first clance model seems really small so lot is up to it (size and gamo). But fast HE-Shell helps quite a lot. 

 

Definetly not OP as LT-432. 

 

So with these stats gamo and vehicle size should be really small. Size should be second smallest tier 8 light (elc even 90 smallest).

 

 

   

 

Well it is British, we can't have anything British which is anything like OP, if it were to be a Brit version of the LT432 then I would be back in the game like a shot

undutchable80 #12 Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:13 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 10088 battles
  • 2,749
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

British LT line! Hallelujah!

 

So Chieftain Mk6 will be added to the tech tree line Q2 of 2020? :B


Edited by undutchable80, 13 April 2019 - 03:14 PM.


Homer_J #13 Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31189 battles
  • 33,735
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostTurtle_Team, on 13 April 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

Not Familiar with the FV1066, as far as I know I know all of the designations from FV101 to FV30011 including the prototypes so I am fascinated to find out where WG have found some material about British tanks I haven't seen yet. . always love learning something new

 

I know some years ago they got access to the Bovington archives but the name seems highly unlikely.  FV1966 maybe.

Captain_Tickle #14 Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:45 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 25260 battles
  • 154
  • Member since:
    11-21-2016

British lights tree at last?  Tracked or wheeled? 

 

Hang on, is that a Scorpion, a Skorpion G, a Skorpion, or a Scorpion...  oh, I'm dead

 

Even though they are rear turreted (which I'm not fond of playing), I have a soft spot for the Scorpion. I remember opening a big box one Christmas many many years ago, and finding the Action Man version of the Scorpion inside. Happy memories.



MrEdweird #15 Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:47 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21192 battles
  • 401
  • [-FUR-] -FUR-
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011
That damage and penetration make no sense on a 20pdr.

The_Salty_Kipper #16 Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:07 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 2209 battles
  • 134
  • [1-QDG] 1-QDG
  • Member since:
    01-16-2018

View PostTurtle_Team, on 13 April 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

So are the new British lights going to be following the FV CVR(T) series of tanks? 

that would be great with a good choice of guns from 76 mm L23A1 low velocity HESH or HE or Mk3 M-A1 90mm, a variety of high AP autocannons or even the very experimental 125mm.

The FV CVR(T) FV101 Scorpion would be nice with the still record holding 82 kph off road top speed for a production tank.

the FV107 Scimitar would be epic with 90 rpm in 3 round bursts from the 30 mm L21 RADEN Cannon.

 

Kinda a big fan of the British tracked combat reconnaissance vehicles.

 

Only thing im not sure on is why the poor accuracy in the test of the FV1066? As far as I know from accounts of British CVR tanks in combat after WW2 their gun accuracy is amongst the best in the world as it was one of the primary stipulations amongst their design, cant have tanks close supporting troops which was a major role of a lot of the FV CVRs if you cant be 100% sure where you shots will land.

 

In agreement, although the Scimitar had the capacity to load 2x 3 round clips and fire ALL 6 automatically (autofire) and this quite quickly, if I recall seeing them live firing accurately in was within 6 seconds with almost no inter-shell reload. Now that would be something interesting to play, since the shells had a decent (almost) 1200m/s velocity too. 

 

Imagine if WG introduced a 'counter' to the wheeled vehicles that had a better view range and a HE derp gun to blast them back into the garage.. Lols.. (dreaming)..



Objec7 #17 Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:15 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14729 battles
  • 531
  • Member since:
    03-25-2017
Nice it's unique but not going to be worth it under gold ammo nerf.

WoT_RU_Doing #18 Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:16 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 53303 battles
  • 2,627
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013
Would like to see some more about this from WG....is there ANY historical basis? It looks to me like the UK went to war with Sweden sometime and captured one of their tank designs. Meanwhile I can't see any logic at all to the awful dispersion.

tajj7 #19 Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:31 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27094 battles
  • 14,661
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

Looks pretty awful to be honest, its straight up worse than the HWK 30 in almost every way, slower, less agile, worse view range by a lot, worse alpha, worse HE alpha, worse accuracy, pen difference is minimal.

 

Even the claimed 'good penetration' is rubbish, the M41D has 192mm on 76mm, and you give this 20lber 189mm of pen which is meh and the odd 180 alpha, but with crippling low DPM for that alpha, its got the same DPM as a Defender! 

 

Hope this is not a sign of what the British lights are going to be because based on this they are looking like WORSE German lights, which we all know is the worst light line in the game right now. 

 

Needs buff to be even half worthwhile IMO, speed buff to like 70kph, DPM buff to at least over 2k, accuracy buff to something usable, and maybe a penetration buff so it actually does have the best pen, like maybe give it 200 or something. 



Hiisi #20 Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:06 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16244 battles
  • 297
  • [BIGD] BIGD
  • Member since:
    03-21-2011
Seems to have bad gamo values and rather big size, so currently UP as tajj7 stated.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users