Jump to content


*edited* rolling in again.


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

24doom24 #1 Posted 13 April 2019 - 12:06 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7691 battles
  • 99
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

Absolutely awful team mates. Just how in the world do 10/15 players in a tier 8 game not do at least 1000 damage, the worst being jap heavy drivers who do like 49 damage and die in the first minute. They can't be all bots right? The game isn't that dead yet. I just sometimes wonder what goes through the minds of players who just can't seem to grasp the idea that to do damage you point your gun at your target first not the other way around. Is there any semblance of intelligence rattling around in their skulls?

 

I don't mind losing but sometimes your team does it in such a dumb way. WG plz.


Edited by 24doom24, 13 April 2019 - 12:07 AM.


hasnainrakha57 #2 Posted 13 April 2019 - 12:34 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15212 battles
  • 818
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013
The jap heavy drivers are now dead after hearing nerf of kama kazo jumbo!

Rati_Festa #3 Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:03 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 46761 battles
  • 2,082
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012

View Post24doom24, on 13 April 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

Absolutely awful team mates. Just how in the world do 10/15 players in a tier 8 game not do at least 1000 damage, the worst being jap heavy drivers who do like 49 damage and die in the first minute. They can't be all bots right? The game isn't that dead yet. I just sometimes wonder what goes through the minds of players who just can't seem to grasp the idea that to do damage you point your gun at your target first not the other way around. Is there any semblance of intelligence rattling around in their skulls?

 

I don't mind losing but sometimes your team does it in such a dumb way. WG plz.

 

WG plz....

 

What are WG supposed to do? Are you suggesting that they educate people?



jimbobjammybob #4 Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:07 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 620 battles
  • 255
  • [TH1NK] TH1NK
  • Member since:
    12-28-2015

View Post24doom24, on 13 April 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

Absolutely awful team mates. Just how in the world do 10/15 players in a tier 8 game not do at least 1000 damage, the worst being jap heavy drivers who do like 49 damage and die in the first minute. They can't be all bots right? The game isn't that dead yet. I just sometimes wonder what goes through the minds of players who just can't seem to grasp the idea that to do damage you point your gun at your target first not the other way around. Is there any semblance of intelligence rattling around in their skulls?

 

I don't mind losing but sometimes your team does it in such a dumb way. WG plz.

 

My battles are full of people like you and I feel as you do about my teams. Some perspective for you.

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:10 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 23426 battles
  • 10,744
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010
Average players complains about average players.

malachi6 #6 Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:37 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 50920 battles
  • 3,879
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

When you signed up to play this game,  You were aware it is a massively multiplayer game, with literally millions of players?  You live in a world made up of billions of people,  and yet you have yet to realise that everybody is different?  Your expectation is that every team should be made up of people with a minimum skill level equivalent to yours?  But, let me guess, you are not at all fussed about the ability of those in the red team, provided the majority are not better than you?

 

While you are having your bread buttered on both sides.  Do you ever wonder if you could attempt to be just a little more tolerant of people that are not you?

 

It's the idea that you call others brainless while being as intolerant as you are that makes me smile.  Why are so many boors irony impaired.


Edited by malachi6, 13 April 2019 - 01:44 AM.


KarmaMint #7 Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:44 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 72
  • Member since:
    12-29-2018
That might be me. When i hit to ruski tank weakspot/lowplate and rng says no dmg/penetration i lose my will to live

Balc0ra #8 Posted 13 April 2019 - 02:01 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 69705 battles
  • 18,740
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Actually, not complaining this weekend. I've had the odd teams during the week. But today I did all my 5x on the first go. All tier 9's. And my other guns have not done badly after it. Mostly even games.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #9 Posted 13 April 2019 - 02:30 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4835 battles
  • 149
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

Around 4 of the enemy simply suicided at the end of a game tonight

Players are losing the will to live, lol



7thSyndicate #10 Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:08 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44766 battles
  • 273
  • Member since:
    10-09-2012
Marathon - rush - garage - next battle .. its not fun to play with marathon

Shad0wize #11 Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:47 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11554 battles
  • 168
  • [WUN-1] WUN-1
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014
Seems ok for me, I do need to carry a lot more tho. Look on the bright side, weekend is over.

spamhamstar #12 Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:55 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64313 battles
  • 1,948
  • [LLAY] LLAY
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012

View Post24doom24, on 12 April 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

I don't mind losing but sometimes your team does it in such a dumb way. WG plz.

 

What exactly do you expect WG to do about it?  Perhaps introduce some Microsoft style "are you sure" pop up just before we do something stupid?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #13 Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:34 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 53200 battles
  • 3,331
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View Postspamhamstar, on 13 April 2019 - 05:55 AM, said:

What exactly do you expect WG to do about it?  Perhaps introduce some Microsoft style "are you sure" pop up just before we do something stupid?

 

A simple map walkthrough that deals with common scenarios/tank classes incorporated into the client is long overdue in my opinion. It's a lovely game you know and it deserves more than the turn your turret, zoom in and left click to fire tutorial! :)

N_Joi #14 Posted 13 April 2019 - 06:44 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19950 battles
  • 46
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

For me, I do notice an Increase in win-loss when the free tanks are running as a special 

 

my Winrate really drops and then staggers back, although I never reach were I was original, on this one started at 52.3% now at 51.96%


Edited by N_Joi, 13 April 2019 - 06:49 AM.


Veritas_Omnia_Vincit #15 Posted 13 April 2019 - 06:55 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 38086 battles
  • 75
  • [BC-V] BC-V
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View Post24doom24, on 12 April 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

Absolutely awful team mates. Just how in the world do 10/15 players in a tier 8 game not do at least 1000 damage, the worst being jap heavy drivers who do like 49 damage and die in the first minute. They can't be all bots right? The game isn't that dead yet. I just sometimes wonder what goes through the minds of players who just can't seem to grasp the idea that to do damage you point your gun at your target first not the other way around. Is there any semblance of intelligence rattling around in their skulls?

 

I don't mind losing but sometimes your team does it in such a dumb way. WG plz.

 

Join a clan....play SH &*edited*. :facepalm:

Edited by G_Bg_82, 13 April 2019 - 10:26 AM.
edited due to not constructive content


Laiskamato #16 Posted 13 April 2019 - 07:36 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 47188 battles
  • 443
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014

*edited*

You can't teach vast majority of this game players to even look at minimap, or read tank list at the start of the game.

 


Edited by G_Bg_82, 13 April 2019 - 10:43 AM.
edited content due to insults.


Blubba #17 Posted 13 April 2019 - 07:41 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 57020 battles
  • 2,158
  • Member since:
    05-30-2011

You were not alone. Last night was one of my worst. Teams that didn't have a mini map, reacted too late or didn't even seem to notice the siren. 

It sometimes feels like it's stacked but soldier on. It's the numbers game sadly and not WG. Stuff normally evens out for you in the end...assuming you play enough that is. 



spamhamstar #18 Posted 13 April 2019 - 07:42 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64313 battles
  • 1,948
  • [LLAY] LLAY
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 13 April 2019 - 04:34 AM, said:

 

A simple map walkthrough that deals with common scenarios/tank classes incorporated into the client is long overdue in my opinion. It's a lovely game you know and it deserves more than the turn your turret, zoom in and left click to fire tutorial! :)

 

The thing is everyone had the same tutorial, from the super unicums to the blackest (xvm colour) of noobs, yet the unicums are still owning everyone & the tomatoes are still getting shown up by bots, despite both being given the exact same tutorial when they started.

 

If you have a look at the players in the clan I'm with, I can gurantee that everyone of them has more knowledge about the game than could be given in any tutorial, yet you'd still cringe to see half of them on your team.  Couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of people though & they all love playing this game despite some losing far more than they win. 

 

For a lot of them the "issue" is that they just play for fun & the whole "git gud" attitude is a bit too much effort when they can just click battle & enjoy.  If winnings not that important to you then you can still enjoy a defeat.  So perhaps the real issue is with the players moaning about their team in randoms.  If you don't want a bad team maybe don't play randoms.  Just a thought.

 

I also thought they'd improved the tutorial a bit from back in the day?

 



XxKuzkina_MatxX #19 Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:13 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 53200 battles
  • 3,331
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View Postspamhamstar, on 13 April 2019 - 08:42 AM, said:

The thing is everyone had the same tutorial, from the super unicums to the blackest (xvm colour) of noobs, yet the unicums are still owning everyone & the tomatoes are still getting shown up by bots, despite both being given the exact same tutorial when they started.

 

If you have a look at the players in the clan I'm with, I can gurantee that everyone of them has more knowledge about the game than could be given in any tutorial, yet you'd still cringe to see half of them on your team.  Couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of people though & they all love playing this game despite some losing far more than they win.

 

Giving the player a good illustration of how the battle goes, what could he do with his tank, where to go on the map, etc. inside the client will help a lot IMO and will get the common stuff through so everyone could have a relatively decent battles. That however doesn't guarantee everyone will bother, make good use of this information or even be creative enough to improve on the basic tactics.

 

The idea is to provide everyone with the basic map tactics within the client because a lot of people like you mentioned yourself can't be ***** to look for it somewhere else like YT, streams, the forums or wotreplays.

 

I am sure a lot of the not-so-good players are nice guys and could do better if something like that UDES video was a click away. That UDES video by the way was autoplayed in the client when you researched the vehicle to explain the new siege mechanic when the swedish TDs were introduced.

 

View Postspamhamstar, on 13 April 2019 - 08:42 AM, said:

For a lot of them the "issue" is that they just play for fun & the whole "git gud" attitude is a bit too much effort when they can just click battle & enjoy.  If winnings not that important to you then you can still enjoy a defeat.  So perhaps the real issue is with the players moaning about their team in randoms.  If you don't want a bad team maybe don't play randoms.  Just a thought.

 

I also thought they'd improved the tutorial a bit from back in the day?

 

Personally i don't mind bad players in randoms because:

 

  1. I've seen the same mistakes done by the supposedly better players.
  2. Bad positioning suggests a lack of knowledge not necessarily a bad player.

 

They improved the tutorial, visually at least, but there is still nothing about the maps and map tactics. That's the essential problem to a huge portion of the player base.



DeadLecter #20 Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:31 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28812 battles
  • 1,395
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016

View PostRati_Festa, on 13 April 2019 - 03:33 AM, said:

 

WG plz....

 

What are WG supposed to do? Are you suggesting that they educate people?

 

They can at least add a system to balance the number of bad players on both teams. Now 99% of the team, all the bad ones plus maybe 1 or 2 good players are on one side and 13~14 good players are on the other side. 15-0, 15-1 and 15-2 results are so common these days. Why do you think that is? Because one team is so bad that they would need a miracle to win. But if they were divided into 2 teams, each having equal or at least close to equal number of good and bad players, then they can have a good battle.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users