Arty is in bad shape

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

TheFirstCrane #1 Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 30987 battles
  • [N-S-E] N-S-E

Yeah, I know... "just remove Arty completly"!

Before the Stuns were in the game, Arty was fun.
Just like an FV215b 183 or the newer brother FV4005. A lucky hit and the enemy is done. 

Now there are these weird stuns. It feels like everyone hate them, not only Arty-Player, also the one getting hit by them.

Cool, now there will be just a few tweaks about it - Nerf artys just more. would be better to get to the before stun and tune this a bit. 

But the worst thing is: the EP given is badly balanced. T92: 3k damage - 8th place. E50m: 340 damage, 1000 spotted, 3rd place. 
How to achieve SPG-15 with things like this?
Are the missions getting tuned also or just no fck given?

Schepel #2 Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:18 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 62525 battles

http://wotreplays.eu...or_gun_carriage

Yep, arty can't do anything... Oh, wait.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTheFirstCrane, on 13 April 2019 - 01:10 AM, said:

Before the Stuns were in the game, Arty was fun.

This is when you tell me that playing your Leo 1, WT auf E100,  E100, T95 or even Bat Chat 25. It was fun getting 1 shot killed for 100% of your HP from a T92 right? 

Now there are these weird stuns. It feels like everyone hate them, not only Arty-Player, also the one getting hit by the.

But it's a gentler hate. Not a brutal hate as they don't 1 shot kill a full HP tier X HT anymore. Most take that stun and 200 damage vs that 2000 damage hit with no stun. And with the new stun mechanic coming next patch. Getting arty spammed is gonna be less worse considering how the new stun overlap works. 

But the worst thing is: the EP given is badly balanced. T92: 3k damage - 8th place. E50m: 340 damage, 1000 spotted, 3rd place. 

How to achieve SPG-15 with things like this?
Are the missions getting tuned also or just no fck given?

Missions were already tuned. Before it was easy. Just get the tier 9 US with the stock gun and just fire constantly. Now you have to think, not just click. And you need HT groups to pull it off. As I did the Obj SPG-15 with the top gun for the tier 9, hitting the HT group push on Mannerheim Line. Splashing 3-4 targets each time. Not gonna get it on one target alone all the time.

TheFirstCrane #4 Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 30987 battles
  • [N-S-E] N-S-E

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 April 2019 - 12:24 AM, said:

This is when you tell me that playing your Leo 1, WT auf E100,  E100, T95 or even Bat Chat 25. It was fun getting 1 shot killed for 100% of your HP from a T92 right? 

Whats the diffrence to get 1 shotted by a FV 183 / FV 4005 and Arty? 

But it's a gentler hate. Not a brutal hate as they don't 1 shot kill a full HP tier X HT anymore. Most take that stun and 200 damage vs that 2000 damage hit with no stun. And with the new stun mechanic coming next patch. Getting arty spammed is gonna be less worse considering how the new stun overlap works. 

Its the same hate. Getting pinned down by artys is and was always annoying. now you get in addition to lost tracks your crew stunned, wich will lead to less effective defense when the enemy pushes. 
And on the other hand artys players get less exp for that.

Missions were already tuned. Before it was easy. Just get the tier 9 US with the stock gun and just fire constantly. Now you have to think, not just click. And you need HT groups to pull it off. As I did the Obj SPG-15 with the top gun for the tier 9, hitting the HT group push on Mannerheim Line. Splashing 3-4 targets each time. Not gonna get it on one target alone all the time.

well, then im just unlucky. getting a match like this, just in my dreams. i get no heavy groups in all the 100 battles with M53, and way more in the T92. Forget it. Even if it is a decent game, the exp arent enough.

00:38 Added after 1 minute

View PostSchepel, on 13 April 2019 - 12:18 AM, said:

http://wotreplays.eu...or_gun_carriage

Yep, arty can't do anything... Oh, wait.

This kind of battle is 1 in a 1000 

KarmaMint #5 Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1520 battles

Skill4ltu made a tutorial week or two ago. I suggest you look at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8VHU2Ob0QU

Balc0ra #6 Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTheFirstCrane, on 13 April 2019 - 01:37 AM, said:

You know where the FV is, and you can avoid it or outplay it most times. That and his HESH rounds has to face you head on, vs your 250mm armor that he hits for 600 damage before you bully him down when he reloads. Not from above when you are in cover and safe from other guns, hitting your 30mm engine deck armor for max damage. As I can count on one hand how many 2000 damage rolls my 183 has seen the last 30 or so games.

Its the same hate. Getting pinned down by artys is and was always annoying. now you get in addition to lost tracks your crew stunned, wich will lead to less effective defense when the enemy pushes. 

And on the other hand artys players get less exp for that.

Actually, you got less XP before. As you always did damage on others spotting unless you did a 2K damage blind fire 5 seconds after it got de-spotted. Now with stun assist you get 50% back from others. So most have gone up on average XP vs before. And I'm still willing to bet that most will take stuns, over getting hit for 2K damage in their Maus. That and again... with the upcoming arty nerf. Wide splash will do less module damage. And new stuns won't add 20 seconds, but rather 3-4 seconds. Again I suspect more will like that, then getting smacked in the face for 2K damage. 

well, then im just unlucky. getting a match like this, just in my dreams. i get no heavy groups in all the 100 battles with M53, and way more in the T92. Forget it. Even if it is a decent game, the exp arent enough.

T-55A and Obj missions were not meant to be easy or done fast. I did not do all the Obj missions in a day walking over each one fast. Some were stuck on the old MT-12 for months. As those were luck. So are most arty missions. And it took me 50 or so games to do SPG-15 with honors for the Obj. And getting all 60 missions done with honor was not done fast either.

As with all classes, you need a dose of luck. The right map, and a good support team. As I got that map several times. But it took a few matches to get the assist in via group stuns, damage was never an issue. As I had several matches with 200 to 300 sec stuns, and sub 1000 assist. So hitting the wrong target that most suddenly can't hit can ruin it as much.

FTR #7 Posted 13 April 2019 - 02:07 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15677 battles

What's the difference between getting shot by tank which actually has to play the game and expose itself to enemy fire and vehicle which camps in the base the entire game and has satellite view over entire map?

Good one.

Zylon0 #8 Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:24 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 8902 battles

The problem with arty these days are the wheeled vehicles going to fast.

Mimos_A #9 Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:31 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 26613 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

Arty sits around fapping with no risk of getting hurt, fv's actually have to play the game.

After all the 3 arty games and getting penned by arty 4 times in the last 2 days, I can't say I have a lot of sympathy for a broken class.

vasilinhorulezz #10 Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23236 battles

Indirect fire, without a chance of counter-play or retaliation. Why do people hate arty I wonder...:sceptic:

Also, as Balc0ca said above, those missions are not meant to be easy, doable yes, but not a cake walk.

TankkiPoju #11 Posted 13 April 2019 - 11:13 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22095 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
"I play this vehicle class that sits in base and clicks enemies without any risk, and not strong enough."

SuNo_TeSLa #12 Posted 13 April 2019 - 11:21 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41428 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
Not sure if troll or...

Japualtah #13 Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29740 battles

Arty has never been as powerful as today.

On decent maps, you can be top 5 damage easily and I've always achieved Wars of God on first or second try when the very good maps pop.

I never use premium ammo or food in any artillery btw.

You can't one-shot most tanks in high tier arties anymore (still very common at lower tiers though), but the precision buff was insane.

Well, the precision buff was good because they's no reason for a class to be frustrating to play, but that precision on top of the damage arty deals was over the top.

Arty needs serious nerfing to be balanced, stun was a bad idea and needs to go, crew and equipment damage need to go too unless WG likes the profit they make with healing kits, and high tier arty damage needs at lest a 30% cutdown.

They also need to ditch their stupid HE formula all together, it's much better nowadays to shoot at mediums/lights than super heavies, which is the opposite of how it should be.

Well, arty as a whole is the contrary of what it should have been anyway, it's still in the game only to cater to the very large arty playerbase (proof the sheer number of arties on 0.7.0, it must a Russian thing).

Schepel #14 Posted 13 April 2019 - 02:08 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 62525 battles

This kind of battle is 1 in a 1000 

More like 1 in 20 or so. If you want I'll get you one or two battles like that. Well played arty on a reasonably open map still has a huge say in the outcome of the battle. The problem most people seem to have when playing arty is that they a) aim for the tank, rather than use the splash close to a weak side, b) don't use the splash (i.e. always shoot multiple tanks if you can) and c) sit in the same bloody place all game, even if they can move and shoot from a better angle.

WindSplitter1 #15 Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18452 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostFTR, on 13 April 2019 - 01:07 AM, said:

What's the difference between getting shot by tank which actually has to play the game and expose itself to enemy fire and vehicle which camps in the base the entire game or that has satellite view over entire map?

None.

There, fixed

markynocarpy #16 Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32135 battles
You carnt beat arty it’s the only thing in the game with its own free drone for spotting. You have the complete run of the map . And it even shoots tazzer  shells proper stun gun . What really make you laugh is  in real life arty was the king of the battle field  .A one hit wonder , like one hit and good bye tank but wg as to nerf it would rule the game , we carnt have that can we funny I just love arty

RockyRoller #17 Posted 13 April 2019 - 11:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35850 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
I think there is a strong possibility the missions that require SPG must be changed to a lesser requirement. Also, more exp for less stuns and damage to compensate and put them on par with the other tanks not worse at the end of the battle results by intent
22:05 Added after 4 minutes

View PostJapualtah, on 13 April 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

Arty has never been as powerful as today.

On decent maps, you can be top 5 damage easily and I've always achieved Wars of God on first or second try when the very good maps pop.

I never use premium ammo or food in any artillery btw.

You can't one-shot most tanks in high tier arties anymore (still very common at lower tiers though), but the precision buff was insane.

Well, the precision buff was good because they's no reason for a class to be frustrating to play, but that precision on top of the damage arty deals was over the top.

Arty needs serious nerfing to be balanced, stun was a bad idea and needs to go, crew and equipment damage need to go too unless WG likes the profit they make with healing kits, and high tier arty damage needs at lest a 30% cutdown.

They also need to ditch their stupid HE formula all together, it's much better nowadays to shoot at mediums/lights than super heavies, which is the opposite of how it should be.

Well, arty as a whole is the contrary of what it should have been anyway, it's still in the game only to cater to the very large arty playerbase (proof the sheer number of arties on 0.7.0, it must a Russian thing).

For now I'll say your delusional and making it up like so many do these days. But If I'm able I'm going to search you name on the www and see if you really are gods gift to Arti'

You only play a few SPG, and the American line is most likely to hit targets, The French is ok but not the worst SPG line so you do have a bias that isn't real for all SPG types

Edited by RockyRoller, 13 April 2019 - 11:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users