Jump to content


Marathon teams


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Toni112007 #1 Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11057 battles
  • 708
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

This marathon has been a nightmare for me in term of win-rate and how much rage it caused due to literal brain deads in my team (I guess people try to finish marathon asap so they play so bad). I am soon finishing it thankfully (32/50 last stage), so I will then take a rest for a while. Below are my recent stats now (thanks to marathon). I always play the same but yet somehow win-rate dropped during marathon...can you tell me how was it for you?

 



XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:27 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 53200 battles
  • 3,363
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

I was having a nice break for 2 months till yesterday then i decided to play some battles in the tier 7 Leo. Horrible experience really, first battle a "friendly" arty killed me in the first 3 minutes of the battle :teethhappy: and yes i have the replay.

 

Teams were really bad but since i wasn't playing for a while i don't know if it was me, the marathon or something else!



SuedKAT #3 Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:41 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,715
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014
I've for sure seen some crazy shite the recent days and I've noticed a lot more team damage and team killing, was in-fact TKed by a 43% WR 20k games played guy yesterday as an example. My WR have gone down to about 53% and my WN8 have also lowered it self a bit, however I credit both to focusing on tanks I grind rather than play elited tanks with good crews more than the horrific teams.

Toni112007 #4 Posted 13 April 2019 - 06:01 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11057 battles
  • 708
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

View PostSuedKAT, on 13 April 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

I've for sure seen some crazy shite the recent days and I've noticed a lot more team damage and team killing, was in-fact TKed by a 43% WR 20k games played guy yesterday as an example. My WR have gone down to about 53% and my WN8 have also lowered it self a bit, however I credit both to focusing on tanks I grind rather than play elited tanks with good crews more than the horrific teams.

 

Almost all tanks which I played were full researched and good crews but it didn't help...



SuedKAT #5 Posted 13 April 2019 - 06:30 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,715
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostToni112007, on 13 April 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

 

Almost all tanks which I played were full researched and good crews but it didn't help...

 

For me it's been very one-sided, either you got games in which you and your team die within 3-4 mins or you got games like these:

Spoiler

 

Sure you get the roflstomps outside of weekends with marathons and events running as well, but now it's almost every game so you kinda have to adjust your play style to suit that, in the game above for example I went hyper aggressive and my team followed. That game I also learnt that ramming with the VK in that MM is extremely effective, something the Leo and the KV-1S was unfortunate to find out as well.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 13 April 2019 - 06:47 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32050 battles
  • 3,217
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

Been grinding a couple lines and working on some of the personal missions at the same time so it's all been pretty straight sailing for me personally.

 

https://en.wot-life...._SLUG-528921061



TungstenHitman #7 Posted 13 April 2019 - 06:52 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26422 battles
  • 4,929
  • [POOLS] POOLS
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016
I made the flat brained decision to play after 12 last night since I WAS enjoying myself up to that point... sweet mother of God... if you think players are.... questionable at times you ain't seen nothing till the early hours! It's a whole new flavor of crayon

Edited by TungstenHitman, 13 April 2019 - 06:52 PM.


SuedKAT #8 Posted 13 April 2019 - 06:56 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,715
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostTungstenHitman, on 13 April 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

I made the flat brained decision to play after 12 last night since I WAS enjoying myself up to that point... sweet mother of God... if you think players are.... questionable at times you ain't seen nothing till the early hours! It's a whole new flavor of crayon

 

I played from 01:00 till 05:00, I know the feeling :P

Toni112007 #9 Posted 13 April 2019 - 07:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11057 battles
  • 708
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

View PostSuedKAT, on 13 April 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

 

For me it's been very one-sided, either you got games in which you and your team die within 3-4 mins or you got games like these:

Spoiler

 

Sure you get the roflstomps outside of weekends with marathons and events running as well, but now it's almost every game so you kinda have to adjust your play style to suit that, in the game above for example I went hyper aggressive and my team followed. That game I also learnt that ramming with the VK in that MM is extremely effective, something the Leo and the KV-1S was unfortunate to find out as well.

 

For me it was one sided in enemy team favor or I had to work so hard to win basically and even then sometimes it ended in a draw xD



Fighto #10 Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:04 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36560 battles
  • 1,019
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011
I'm going the limit the length of premium time I buy from now on so when the next marathon is on I will not be partaking or spending money on this game for that period at all. 

PervyPastryPuffer #11 Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:15 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32757 battles
  • 3,252
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

Interesting... :sceptic: my WR actually keeps going up a bit. Had 60% wins in the last 75 battles, and a slightly-above-average 56.34% over the last 7 days.

 

I've been playing with the frenchies quite a lot lately, the premium EBR and the 1390 to be precise, OH BOY those sure are a blast to play! T-50-2 aswell as an honorable mention.

 

Edit: Oh, almost forgot about the Swedish Leo with the 105mm gun, played 16 battles in it today, with a whopping 81,25% WR! :ohmy:

 


Edited by PervyPastryPuffer, 14 April 2019 - 12:18 AM.


Schepel #12 Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:20 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 62621 battles
  • 3,223
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

Same story, here. Players literally yolo suicide. 500 dmg? k, bye. The sad thing is they are doing that in TX tanks. I have had a few rewarding games, but the vast majority of the games weren't quite as enjoyable as one would hope.

 

Also, lower tiers are a bot/afk infested mess. I had the dubious pleasure to grind the elc amx. If WG wants to keep new players, they really, really need to start killing bots in a far more effective way than they have been till date. Every game in T5 had at least one tank stationary in spawn or a corner with a sub 50 WN8 and a 40% w/r combined with 5K+ battles. Add a few trolls and you can imagine how much fun that was. 



1ucky #13 Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:39 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 79823 battles
  • 1,161
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013
It was alright, finally a marathon that wasn't harder than the previous one.

Toni112007 #14 Posted 14 April 2019 - 05:53 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11057 battles
  • 708
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

View PostSchepel, on 14 April 2019 - 12:20 AM, said:

Same story, here. Players literally yolo suicide. 500 dmg? k, bye. The sad thing is they are doing that in TX tanks. I have had a few rewarding games, but the vast majority of the games weren't quite as enjoyable as one would hope.

 

Also, lower tiers are a bot/afk infested mess. I had the dubious pleasure to grind the elc amx. If WG wants to keep new players, they really, really need to start killing bots in a far more effective way than they have been till date. Every game in T5 had at least one tank stationary in spawn or a corner with a sub 50 WN8 and a 40% w/r combined with 5K+ battles. Add a few trolls and you can imagine how much fun that was. 

 

Oh, I can imagine how much it was fun alright. Especially that yolo suicide part. In my case 3 or 4 meds or lights in my team would literally go yolo suicide at the start of the game and die, leaving us 0:3 or 0:4 in a score after only 2 minutes since starting the battle. I did have a few good battles tho, including epic last stand in my JPZE100 with team mate T95. We both were outnumbered but managed to win, both doing more than 5k damage in the end. Was fun, so I had to upload it to wotreplays. :D


Edited by Toni112007, 14 April 2019 - 06:40 AM.


Toni112007 #15 Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11057 battles
  • 708
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013
I now have my doubts that game might be rigged against me. There is no way I can lose this much when I consistently play good. I have yet to see a good team in the last few days. All of my teams were totally brain dead morons that its insane. I guess only way to break this losing bs is by platooning with a good player as me.

Edited by Toni112007, 14 April 2019 - 04:32 PM.


wEight_Tanker #16 Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9735 battles
  • 944
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016
Played until Stage 4. Realized the energy and time spent to get to it wasn't worth it and required for the next 6 wouldn't be worth it either.

Toni112007 #17 Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11057 battles
  • 708
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013
Anyway I am on stage 10 (42/50). Soon Ill be getting TS-5 and torture will be over.

Shad0wize #18 Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:59 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11569 battles
  • 175
  • [WUN-1] WUN-1
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014
Even worse. I just had to take a break. But you know, whatever works in this game.

Bordhaw #19 Posted 14 April 2019 - 05:12 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13422 battles
  • 3,649
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostToni112007, on 13 April 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

This marathon has been a nightmare for me in term of win-rate and how much rage it caused due to literal brain deads in my team  I always play the same but yet somehow win-rate dropped during marathon...can you tell me how was it for you? 

 

 



994250 #20 Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:01 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 4817 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    06-08-2012

I already were bad to begin with.
Now imagine attempting to grind it with 0 skill crew while also grinding the modules for my heavies, that i am also trying to learn in the meantime.

Then after all the pain and suffering, i get shot in the back on my TS5 by our arty, intentionally, in the very first match.
Because he was frustrated that he couldn't shoot behind the rocks where i was surrounded.


All in all, i lost more games than i used to, and seen a lot of people going afk or just abandoning the match when they met the criteria.
So i suppose it was even a bigger hell for those who are used to being on the winning side.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users