Why do people dislike WVs so much?

Wheeled Vehicle France Light Tank Baguette a Roues

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Wheeled Vehicles? (72 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What makes you dislike them?

1. Speed 1 - Difficult to hit (21 votes [29.17%])

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

2. Speed 2 - Other vehicles are not as fast (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Weapon - High penetration HE (8 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. Hitboxes - Critical hits with zero damage (18 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. Role - They are replacing tracked Light Tanks (7 votes [9.72%])

Percentage of vote: 9.72%

6. Early Warning - They spot large tank columns too soon (3 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

7. Other - Explain, please (15 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

Vote Hide poll

BlackBloodBandit #21 Posted 14 April 2019 - 01:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4457 battles

View PostSchepel, on 14 April 2019 - 12:07 AM, said:

2. Magic hitboxes. JP E100 hit in the side: crit hit, no dmg. Sorry, but no. Hitting the wheels should deal hp dmg. 

3. Insanely accurate on the move. Racing at 90 km/ph should mean you can't shoot at all.

2 - you can hit tracks on tanks with tracks and still do no hp damage, so for me your logic doesn't make sense. it's the same as bouncing light tanks or a batchat, because of hitting an auto-bounce spot.

3 - I really don't know where this comes from.. as I have the opposite experience when trying to hit enemies on the move in my ebr 75 fl 10

Schepel #22 Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 63650 battles

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 14 April 2019 - 01:17 AM, said:

2 - you can hit tracks on tanks with tracks and still do no hp damage, so for me your logic doesn't make sense. it's the same as bouncing light tanks or a batchat, because of hitting an auto-bounce spot.

3 - I really don't know where this comes from.. as I have the opposite experience when trying to hit enemies on the move in my ebr 75 fl 10

That must be on some other account then, because you don't appear to own one. If you do have it on another account, maybe you should try the lock on feature. Been on the receiving end just about often enough to tell it works.   

VarzA #23 Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24889 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostRilleta, on 13 April 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

There are threads opening about how WVs are game breaking.

But how? Or why?

Please let me know as I am curious to understand your point of view.

1. They are too difficult to target.
  2. They have invalidated high tier lights even more so.
  3. They are basically emblematic of the fact that WG is willing to take short term returns over long term benefits without seriously considering what it does to the game's quality of play.
  4. they are pay2win
  5. too fast for physics

1 - too difficult to target.

Not all of us have perfect vision, perfect reaction and so on. These things move so fast and i need (and i am not old) some kind of aiming asssit, but i don't get in this game. I can't rightlcick in the vicinity of a tank to target it and it's fuzzy weather or not WG wants this kind of aiming assist or not in the game long term.

In contrast WVs get this aiming assist making my life (and lights used to be my bread and butter) even worse.

2 - wv's have kinda wrecked lights.

It used to be that you played russian lights for the anti-light, semi-med, active spotting at t10, role. French were slow-ish but damage dealers, Americans and Germans were snipers/great vision but bad camo and chinese were towards mediums.

The EBR 105 in contrast has removed the strength of the t10 russian light, replacing it as the dominant active spotter (while it never had that specific semi-medium role that russian lights normally have). The 13 105 still has a role, but all the rest have had their power as lights reduced even further, as the EBR can outspot anything through camo, speed on the few remaining maps that lights still matter.

So teams who don't get an EBR in MM but have to face one, by default start with a handicap, through no fault of their own, because WV's are matched against other lights.

3 - the last time that WG introduced a line that invalidated so many lines was when the 430U and 268 4 were introduced into the game.

430U wrecked the 113/121 lines, making us ask ourselves 'why play them ?', while the 268 4 made a mockery of the jageroo line (which was kinda struggling anyway).

It's a continuation of my point at #2, but it's very important ... you can't introduce lines that invalidate so many other lines.

4 - wv's are full on pay2win.

They have almost no modules carry over, they need food+vents+bia to get the most out of the crew, and the tanks seem to utterly stunted unless you freexp some mods.

I'm getting blueprints for the line like crazy, but i have no intention of actually researching them.

Just take a look at the t8, it has the module cost of 109.5k xp, which is close to the standard module cost of most t9 tanks.

In an unusual move for WG, not even the radio's carry over from other french tank lines.

5 - the faster you go ... the more the physics of this game engine seem broken, so you are pulled from the reality of play a game ... your immersion is gone.

It never was much of a simulator, but now it seems like even less of a simulator.

In summary, i think WG got greedy with this line and thought too little about the impact on the game.

LE: I will research them (eventually) but that is because i need a t10 active spotter for missions ... not because i want to, and i won't be using any freexp in the process.

Edited by VarzA, 14 April 2019 - 06:11 AM.

DangerMouse #24 Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28359 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG
Quite enjoyed the tier 6, no option in the poll fir that though.

Dex022 #25 Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 49291 battles
1 answer choice in your poll is to few for my liking. 

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #26 Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:12 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5980 battles

Other

They ruin the game of campers, and there are a LOT of campers in this game, so there are a lot of moans threads

Wheelies are "disruptive technology" and a breath of fresh air for a more aggressive gameplay style

Edited by AlbaTankArmy, 14 April 2019 - 07:13 AM.

vasilinhorulezz #27 Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23240 battles
How about an option "I don't really dislike them"?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #28 Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:47 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 14 April 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

How about an option "I don't really dislike them"?

A poll about disproving/disliking of something with an option approving/liking the same thing?

A fairly large group of players certainly dislike those vehicles and see them as a bad addition to this game. Why exactly is that? That's what this thread and poll are about.

Another group of players definitely love them and enjoyed playing the marathon to get the premium EBR. These guys also have arguments and reasoning behind their love of the wheeled vehicles. To be objective and to make an informed opinion, at least on an individual level, one must try to separate the facts from personal preferences.

For example the naysayers talk about the gun handling of the wheeled vehicles and the stats being too good compared to many other vehicles in the game. That's true and for other lights facing them it's a nightmare!

On the other hand, people who love those vehicles talk about 'having fun' and a 'breath of fresh air' or the good old 'learn to aim'. You decide which arguments are more valid with the right to be biased of course!

Back to the topic, i read something on the RU forums a few days ago about the the wheeled vehicles. Seems like the developers are thinking about adding one of those as a reward tank in the 2nd episode of the referral program. So for you guys who want one and missed the EBR marathon there's another chance to get one and for those who dislike wheelies, well tough **** because there will be more!

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 14 April 2019 - 08:03 AM.

shane73tank #29 Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 31227 battles
  • [BC-X] BC-X

I think we need two clarify if people are answering based on playing against them or playing the actual vehicles, mine is based on the former and I don’t like them 

their high pen high damage accurate gun and then you manage to fire one off for zero damage and you don’t even slow them down, this and that speed makes them the ultimate yolo arcade vehicle. ive invested thousands in this game in 4 years and this is the first time I’ve not been tempted to play this new content and it’s purely on the basis of playing against them , to me they are more damaging than the 3-5-7 MM

LordMuffin #30 Posted 14 April 2019 - 09:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50281 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Badly thought through and implemented concept of a tank.

BlackBloodBandit #31 Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4457 battles

View PostSchepel, on 14 April 2019 - 03:37 AM, said:

That must be on some other account then, because you don't appear to own one. If you do have it on another account, maybe you should try the lock on feature. Been on the receiving end just about often enough to tell it works.   

You may not see any stats of me owning it, but I do own the EBR 75 (FL 10), but I only played it on Frontline so far. And yes, I used the lock on feature, but missed most shots on the move, being it in driving in a straight line and on relatively flat terrain.

vasilinhorulezz #32 Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23240 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 14 April 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

A poll about disproving/disliking of something with an option approving/liking the same thing?

A fairly large group of players certainly dislike those vehicles and see them as a bad addition to this game. Why exactly is that? That's what this thread and poll are about.

Another group of players definitely love them and enjoyed playing the marathon to get the premium EBR. These guys also have arguments and reasoning behind their love of the wheeled vehicles. To be objective and to make an informed opinion, at least on an individual level, one must try to separate the facts from personal preferences.

For example the naysayers talk about the gun handling of the wheeled vehicles and the stats being too good compared to many other vehicles in the game. That's true and for other lights facing them it's a nightmare!

On the other hand, people who love those vehicles talk about 'having fun' and a 'breath of fresh air' or the good old 'learn to aim'. You decide which arguments are more valid with the right to be biased of course!

Back to the topic, i read something on the RU forums a few days ago about the the wheeled vehicles. Seems like the developers are thinking about adding one of those as a reward tank in the 2nd episode of the referral program. So for you guys who want one and missed the EBR marathon there's another chance to get one and for those who dislike wheelies, well tough **** because there will be more!

Or just a biased poll.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #33 Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:34 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 14 April 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

Or just a biased poll.

How is it biased?

You like the tank then this poll isn't for you. The idea behind the topic is to identify the reasons of that dislike!

vasilinhorulezz #34 Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23240 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 14 April 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

How is it biased?

You like the tank then this poll isn't for you. The idea behind the topic is to identify the reasons of that dislike!

Because it excludes the opinions of the rest of the player-base?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #35 Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:39 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 14 April 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

Because it excludes the opinions of the rest of the player-base?

Yes it does, do you think it's useful to ask a fan of the wheeled vehicles why he hates them?

It's a poll to identify 'why' these haters 'hate' those particular vehicles. Not a poll to decide whether they're good or bad.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 14 April 2019 - 10:50 AM.

upsetti_spaghetti #36 Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:51 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11956 battles
  • They can go stupid fast on all terrains while keeping amazing maneuverability without flipping.
  • Hitboxes all over the place so good luck tracking them.
  • Better sizes then their light tank counterparts.
  • Good fire power especially since they can circle any tank with ease.
  • They can simply run through a team, no need to flank just run through a team with a high degree of success.

VarzA #37 Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24889 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Soooo, i started playing the BC 12t to finish the remaining 10-15k xp i had before, to buy the AMX 30 on discount.

I have had 8 games so far in the BC 12t, 8 losses.

It's hard for me to put into words the destruction of the light tank game that these things and stuff like LT-432 have done.

But, to put it simply ... you can't compete anymore.
You can't get into position (too fast), you can't dogfight them (too good), so you are relegated to damage role from range, at which point you are on the receiving end of every 46% player who thinks he knows better because he is playing arty .... and then you get tk-ed for it.

What is wrong with you wg ?

Tom_Deekanarry #38 Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10744 battles
They make light tanks superfluous, I play light tanks as passive spotters and use mobility to light up targets for arty and TD's, but every game I play a LT the superzoomies are there before you rendering you useless!

Noo_Noo #39 Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22545 battles

View PostRockyRoller, on 14 April 2019 - 12:17 AM, said:

Right now they out perform all the same tier light tanks and I can think of a lot of detunes to stop that. But I don't dislike them like others hate SPG. However, the devs need to do real world tests, say put a WV vs a light of the same tier/crew/item and make sure the light always wins. That way the WV are no longer OP, as they need weaknesses. Right now I could hit a light its tracked and a WV just keeps on going. Is that fair?

They became a skill challenge like SPGs are and that is why you get the haters I think. These types of person need a simpler and much easier game where they have advantages.

Depends on the situation for me. In a straight brawl the WV wins pretty much every time. Cant be tracked and their mobility basically allows them to outplay the light. if it comes to a situation where the spotting mechanics comes into play then its far less clear cut. Hit boxes and all sorts come into play then. 

I'm finding it easier to simply not get isolated against them which is pretty sound advice for the game as a whole to be honest. 

I'm going to start playing WV soon. 

Soifon99 #40 Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 38870 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY
Shame i could only choose one, because most of them are true!  the tier 9 and 10 are very hard to hit, they have magic wheel shields, and they can just run around like a headless chicken and spot your entire team without getting hit or killed in return. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users