My marathon was great (sarcasm off). How about you?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Bora_BOOM #1 Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:56 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 26003 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

We have always talked about weekends, marathons, FL, new content and similar patches effecting the gameplay. Whatever the reason the result always seems to be the same: playing becomes quite awful. And despite it is reasonable to believe that everything applies to both teams sometimes it does not work that way. Great players can maintain their results, but across the spectrum it is just a huge degradation; battles become roflstopms, by the time you get to a position to do something 2 EBR-s are already dead, flanks abandoned, foch and t50 start shooting each other, one becomes blue and gets killed by third so you are 2 tanks down before you see the enemy ... You know, that sorts of things.

Anyhow, many of players I have played with during the course of the marathon felt the same - atrocious. Lots of those games I platooned with a 57%-er (cheers Buelo) in T9 tanks that are capable of carrying and I am solid in, and we did a good job under the circumstances. TS5 is in my garage, so taking a beating wasn’t for nothing.

So, without a thin foil hats I post how lovely it was for me - first I was "noooooo way", then disbelieving, slight despair and eventually I got numb.

It was so ferocious that my recents (1k games) dropped from 58% to 52%.

You are free to share your experience. I would especially like to see the positives, add some salt to my wounds. :trollface:

TLDR: I got the TS5 but since nothing in life is for free now I cry.

:popcorn:

Evilier_than_Skeletor #2 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19051 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP
It was great. Didn't play nearly enough to get the tank, but free stuff with no extra effort is always welcome.

speedphlux #3 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46532 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
Hey, at least ur WN8 is improving. Mine has been dropping down like an old man's jewels.

scratch910 #4 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 47881 battles

I think it needed more time to complete, I have to work seven days a week & just don't have the time to try it. I got to about level 5 & did it easily. Pity it wasn't this week as i'm off work now for 2 weeks.... I know I could buy it, but just don't want it that badly. Iv'e done all marathons before & successfully got the tanks, but that was when I had the time to do it. Anyway, good job to all who got it.. Well done........

Just checked purchase price & I can get 60% off, so maybe. Got day or so to decide to get it or not

Edited by scratch910, 15 April 2019 - 09:19 AM.

The_Georgian_One #5 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40029 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN
Terrible teams. WR down. Got to level 9 of discount for the credit boosters and decided not to pay the 5.5EUR for the tank. Quite proud of myself. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:33 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53200 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Sirebellus #7 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21621 battles
I didn't play any more games than normal, and I played some lower tier games so I completed Level 4... which is less than I expected, but I went away at the weekend so didn't finish level 5...

Jauhesammutin #8 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23031 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

I didn't get the TS-5. I wasn't even trying as I have no interest in non-turreted TD's.

I played only 58 games, but got to mission 6 so I got some free rewards.

Was a pleasant experience for me. 

Laatikkomafia #9 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:54 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 23006 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

My marathon went really well.

Didn't play a single round of WoT as the event was on.

WoT_RU_Doing #10 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:58 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53123 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

I got the TS-5 on Saturday night. Certainly didn't have the issues you seem to have experienced, though it depended what vehicles I tried to play. Anytime I tried to play lights when the spotting missions were active on some of the daily missions, I'd find myself on a team with 5-8 other lights, many of which would yolo in.

Anyhow, it seems the marathon helped my win rate a bit...

60days.jpg

Edited by WoT_RU_Doing, 15 April 2019 - 09:59 AM.

Bora_BOOM #11 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:59 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 26003 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostJauhesammutin, on 15 April 2019 - 08:48 AM, said:

I didn't get the TS-5. I wasn't even trying as I have no interest in non-turreted TD's.

I played only 58 games, but got to mission 6 so I got some free rewards.

Was a pleasant experience for me. 

As said, good players manage to do it, as you have. I dont know how, cause I lost for instance 3 games in a row, fighting in front, doing 3.9k, 2.8k and then 3,2k consecutively in Patton 46 and not even close to be enough. Yeah, it is not enough to carry, but with games like those it usually works for 55% wr in my case. Then, next couple of games I get bottom tier without any time to do something significant cause team just crumbles, you put some shots in, retreat to manage 1 more and then its all over.

I feels like that only 5k dmg would help. Every battle... :sceptic:

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 15 April 2019 - 10:03 AM.

TungstenHitman #12 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:59 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26363 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

View PostBora_BOOM, on 15 April 2019 - 07:56 AM, said:

:popcorn:

37% win rate? Wow, lucky you, try 28%.... But then again I'm obviously terrible and a burden to all teams. So... if I played badly would be what? 0% win rate? :teethhappy:

That was just for Saturday actually, was just grinding that X5 for the B-C, unlocked and bought the Pantera, I think the hint, the game decided I shouldn't play for the rest of the weekend and so I didn't and I was very nice and relaxed chilling with my family yesterday watching The Hangover 2.

As far the marathon went, well I can't complain it went pretty good actually all crayons considered. I just kept my focus on the mission requirements so win lose or draw I wasn't getting salty as much as normal for idiotic teams melting in seconds. There was plenty of "do X amount of damage" which were really easy, I just picked tanks that could do that with 1 shot which was surely possible even with the worst team and RNG giving me middle fingers throughout in fact if I was not a team player I could have just taken 1 shot, purposefully died to get back to the garage quickly and rinse and repeat to a very very fast set of damage mission stages. The marathon stages that could have been really nasty were the "do X amount of base xp" whereby if it was just mostly losses would have been really grindy and annoyed me but I was very lucky for those and was something like 65-70%+ win rate I couldn't have hoped for that good all things considered. So I completed the marathon fairly quickly all things considered and it was pretty enjoyable.

The last few days I was playing I was just grinding crew and 2 lines which was mostly losses and not so much fun so I stopped. That T8 Czech VTU medium tank.... I mean, I can say fine, the tank is not good at T8 and I was a burden to the teams who had me compared to someone with a Progetto or Lorraine etc but 0% wins in 7 battles with it? really?? There was 14 other players with awesome and higher tier tanks on the battle, 0%? and they were steam rolls I never actually got a X5 with that tank and I just gave up on it, opened a fresh box of crayons, and went and watched TV instead and was much the happier. :)

undutchable80 #13 Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:04 AM

Major

• Player
  • 10088 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Overall not too bad. In general the requirements were much better than the EBR marathon, so that gets a big thumbs up from me. Even level 7 (earn 500 bse xp 25 times) was better than the "win 25 games and finish top 10 from the EBR marathon, because even in defeat you had a chance to get that 500xp (happened twice with courageous resistance). Low point was Saturday though, dunno what was going on, but played around 30 games with __Eric__ and we won 11. A couple of games half our team was dead in 1,5-2 minutes... All we could do was find an arty safe corner and sell our lives as dearly as possible...

8126Jakobsson #14 Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:04 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 73335 battles
It was alright. Took half the time required to get the EBR and I don't think my stats "suffered" during it. 

Bora_BOOM #15 Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:08 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 26003 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 April 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

37% win rate? Wow, lucky you, try 28%.... But then again I'm obviously terrible and a burden to all teams. So... if I played badly would be what? 0% win rate? :teethhappy:

That was just for Saturday actually, was just grinding that X5 for the B-C, unlocked and bought the Pantera, I think the hint, the game decided I shouldn't play for the rest of the weekend and so I didn't and I was very nice and relaxed chilling with my family yesterday watching The Hangover 2.

As far the marathon went, well I can't complain it went pretty good actually all crayons considered. I just kept my focus on the mission requirements so win lose or draw I wasn't getting salty as much as normal for idiotic teams melting in seconds. There was plenty of "do X amount of damage" which were really easy, I just picked tanks that could do that with 1 shot which was surely possible even with the worst team and RNG giving me middle fingers throughout in fact if I was not a team player I could have just taken 1 shot, purposefully died to get back to the garage quickly and rinse and repeat to a very very fast set of damage mission stages. The marathon stages that could have been really nasty were the "do X amount of base xp" whereby if it was just mostly losses would have been really grindy and annoyed me but I was very lucky for those and was something like 65-70%+ win rate I couldn't have hoped for that good all things considered. So I completed the marathon fairly quickly all things considered and it was pretty enjoyable.

The last few days I was playing I was just grinding crew and 2 lines which was mostly losses and not so much fun so I stopped. That T8 Czech VTU medium tank.... I mean, I can say fine, the tank is not good at T8 and I was a burden to the teams who had me compared to someone with a Progetto or Lorraine etc but 0% wins in 7 battles with it? really?? There was 14 other players with awesome and higher tier tanks on the battle, 0%? and they were steam rolls I never actually got a X5 with that tank and I just gave up on it, opened a fresh box of crayons, and went and watched TV instead and was much the happier. :)

That is nasty. I had two sessions last week, one was 6 wins out of 17, the other was 3 out of 13 with 9 straight losses, so a 37% looks like a bloody lottery win. :B

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 15 April 2019 - 10:09 AM.

Slyspy #16 Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14349 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Lost interest in marathons a long time ago. Too much like work rather than a hobby. 

Toni112007 #17 Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11057 battles

Rati_Festa #18 Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:34 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 46710 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

My sessions evened out thankfully... I had some awful spells where the teams so so bad, literally half of the players I wouldn't trust them to tie their own shoe laces :) Then I had runs where I won like 9 games in a row, the bad players on the enemy team. It seemed very bad at t9 for me, noobs who can't play but think they can use the fast track to complete the maration, just so sad that they are that deluded.

In hindsight the marathon was probably to easy, the 500 dmg missions in particular a big noob magnet. Fools pressing battle then doing the dmg then yoloing as they just want to scrape the mission requirements.

I still can't "get" what players that have 10K + games and literally land 1-2 shots get from this game ( and there are so many of them ), I would be just be so bored I would just play something else.... tetris and barbie seem popular suggestions. 

jabster #19 Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSlyspy, on 15 April 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

Lost interest in marathons a long time ago. Too much like work rather than a hobby. 

The only reward tank that I ever played to get was the Valentine II and I completed that in the Valentine II.

BR33K1_PAWAH #20 Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6051 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
57.71% over 300 games. Totally normal.

Edited by BR33K1_PAWAH, 15 April 2019 - 10:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users