An idea to balance the wheeled vehicles.

wheeled vehicles

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

panzer_war #1 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6858 battles
  • [-NIB-] -NIB-

So i was talking with a friend the other day, and he jokingly said: "yeah, very funny, crew can repair the vehicle while it's moving". From this quote this whole idea started buidling up in my mind.

I start saying that if you DON'T like the idea, do not comment in a rude way, your opionions (critiques or support to the idea) are well accepted, ONLY if you discuss politely, i'm tired of  people roaring down the topics because they think "it would destroy the game".

Okey so wheeled vehicles: these things that run at 95 km/h yoloing around, and there is not really a possible way to stop them completely, you can only slow down them.

So here's the idea: crew members of wheeled vehicles can't repair the broken wheels while the vehicle is moving, so it will remain slowed. In order for the crew to start repairing the wheels, the vehicle has to stop COMPLETELY (this not to do in a open field obviously), others vehicle compontents aside the wheels can be repaired during movement like any other tank.

This way, the wasted shots that deal no damage but only critical hit will have a purpose too.

Hopefully with this idea, the number of greedy yolo players will get reduced (also because if they start dying at the start of the battle they will be discouraged)

NOTE: If the player has a repair kit avaliable to use he will obviously NOT need to stop the vehicle in order to use it.

Also if someone could answer to this question: does destroying the steering wheels of the vehicle reduce the steering angle capability?

Edited by panzer_war, 15 April 2019 - 02:14 PM.

erotic_hamster #2 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 480 battles

View Postpanzer_war, on 15 April 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

So i was talking with a friend the other day, and he jokingly said: "yeah, very funny, crew can repair the vehicle while it's moving". From this quote this whole idea started buidling up in my mind.

I start saying that if you DON'T like the idea, do not comment in a rude way, your opionions (critiques or support to the idea) are well accepted, ONLY if you discuss politely, i'm tired of  people roaring down the topics because they think "it would destroy the game".

Okey so wheeled vehicles: these things that run at 95 km/h yoloing around, and there is not really a possible way to stop them completely, you can only slow down them.

So here's the idea: crew members of wheeled vehicles can't repair the broken wheels while the vehicle is moving, so it will remain slowed. In order for the crew to start repairing the wheels, the vehicle has to stop COMPLETELY (this not to do in a open field obviously), others vehicle compontents aside the wheels can be repaired during movement like any other tank.

This way, the wasted shots that deal no damage but only critical hit will have a purpose too.

Hopefully with this idea, the number of greedy yolo players will get reduced (also because if they start dying at the start of the battle they will be discouraged)

NOTE: If the player has a repair kit avaliable to use he will obviously NOT need to stop the vehicle in order to use it.

Also if someone could answer to this question: does destroying the steering wheels of the vehicle reduce the steering angle capability?

Yes totally. Wheeled destroys the game and are both OP and broken and should be removed and if that's impossible NERF them!!!!11one.

No really just

Spoiler

FluffyRedFox #3 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:22 PM

General

• Player
  • 24459 battles
Rather than making them more clunky, how about making them less min-maxed. Remove rapid mode, buff speed when necessary (basically just for the lynx), buff vr and DPM slightly is what I'd do.

panzer_war #4 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6858 battles
  • [-NIB-] -NIB-

View Posterotic_hamster, on 15 April 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

sry, i won't git gud, i don't play this game anymore, just trying to give suggestions, thanks for the troll answer still.

Edited by panzer_war, 15 April 2019 - 02:27 PM.

Armored_Troll #5 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16624 battles
  • [E7] E7

View Posterotic_hamster, on 15 April 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

Yes totally. Wheeled destroys the game and are both OP and broken and should be removed and if that's impossible NERF them!!!!11one.

No really just

Spoiler

Such an elaborate comment to reply to a topic regarding game criticism. 

Must have taken the some effort it took you to create your smurf account.

arthurwellsley #6 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:39 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53127 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Dear OP you have no wheeled vehicles on your account. You have not even played them.

Your post is complete rubbish and shows no experience of having played any of the French wheeled vehicles.

If you go away and play at least 100 games in each of the vehicles you might see why your own post is ridiculous.

WG have actually done a tolerably good job of balancing wheeled vehicles. If anything I would suggest that they are a tad on the weak side, and some of them could do with a slight buff.

Strizi #7 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40086 battles
They should atleast nerf their he. 90% of cars is shooting nothing but he with that stupid high pen.

panzer_war #8 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6858 battles
  • [-NIB-] -NIB-

View Postarthurwellsley, on 15 April 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

Dear OP you have no wheeled vehicles on your account. You have not even played them.

Your post is complete rubbish and shows no experience of having played any of the French wheeled vehicles.

If you go away and play at least 100 games in each of the vehicles you might see why your own post is ridiculous.

WG have actually done a tolerably good job of balancing wheeled vehicles. If anything I would suggest that they are a tad on the weak side, and some of them could do with a slight buff.

In fact i do not really care about the wheeled vehicles, nor the game itself, there are more premium tanks than tech tree tanks nowdays (jk) this post was made for those people that think these vehicles need a nerf, now am i one of them? No, because i don't really play this game seriously, and anyway the tanks i use get penned even by tier 6s and i suck at aiming, so it doesn't really matter.

There are people that agree and that do not agree, and i don't really care if my post sounds ridicolous, i never said i wanted this in the game, just making some suggestions, also i love the fact the people before commenting always go and check the player's stats, very funny.

Edited by panzer_war, 15 April 2019 - 02:44 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #9 Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23236 battles

View Postpanzer_war, on 15 April 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

sry, i won't git gud, i don't play this game anymore, just trying to give suggestions, thanks for the troll answer still.

You don't even play the game as you say, still you come to the forums and propose changes for tanks that you have the slightest idea of how they play and perform in battle.

Yea, give more reasons to WG to ignore player feedback.

Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 15 April 2019 - 06:40 PM.

FrantisekBascovansky #10 Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19291 battles

Such WV balance nerf proposal is even more stupid as numerous arty balance nerf proposals you can see every now and then in the forums.

All that WVs needs is slight viewrange buff because they can't scout very much.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It's an arcade game after all. But a majority use kits, or even run large/small kits on their wheeled lights to counter it. As the base repair time on most wheeled crews are too long and usually fixed long after they do get around to cover and are safe. And not all are allowed to drive in the open for too long going 30 km/h to even get safe for their repair time to have an effect. So I'm willing to bet that in the majority of cases, it won't make much of a difference from a balance aspect. But there ofc are cases when it would. But I'm sure WG would use the "it will only confuse players more" if you suggested it to them. But... tbh a slower repair time when moving vs standing still a valid 2nd option.

But... that's not my issue with wheeled lights. My issue is that since they can still move, you don't get track assist unlike on any tracked tank when you take the module to red. You get nothing even with 2 wheels taken out. I would be happier if they added a 25 to 50% assist on 1 to 2 wheels vs forcing it to stop to repair. As you slowed it down, making it easier for others to hit it. But you don't get rewarded for it. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 15 April 2019 - 08:37 PM.

KarmaMint #12 Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1520 battles

Dont know how accurate noobmeter is but it shows that wheeled vehicles have pretty high winrate like in t9 and t10. Especially if 50% should be the balancing factor like it commonly is.

I still think that the tires should not protect their hull so well and some penalty for getting hit on the tires. That's my opinion.

h00d1e #13 Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24904 battles
The auto aim on WV is too accurate, other than that fix the physics.  They roll over, why do they get put upright again when tanks do not?

JCD3nton #14 Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24976 battles
They bounce everything. Tires eat all my shells.

Gremlin182 #15 Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:34 PM

General

• Player
  • 53220 battles

Well no tank crew can repair a vehicle in battle anyway its just a playability feature of the game.

You can lose a driver and have a damaged engine and fix both without stopping.

I don't think it would make much difference

I am in a light tank I get tracked and stop dead a second or 2 later I am moving again because that's how long it takes to use the repair kit.

In a Wheeled vehicle its much the same if I can make it out of danger with damaged wheels I will do so if not I will simply stop do a 2 second repair and drive off again.

I am sure they will come up with something if they think they need balancing.

Balc0ra #16 Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostKarmaMint, on 15 April 2019 - 08:17 PM, said:

Dont know how accurate noobmeter is but it shows that wheeled vehicles have pretty high winrate like in t9 and t10. Especially if 50% should be the balancing factor like it commonly is.

I still think that the tires should not protect their hull so well and some penalty for getting hit on the tires. That's my opinion.

One thing to consider there is that unlike the tier 6. Your average Joe has not reached tier 9 and X yet. Last I did see they had less then 3K in population. Not 120K. So it's a bit too early to say how they work or not. As most that play them are way above average atm. As I've not seen a single tier X with a sub 50% driver yet. Then again I've not seen that many tier 9/X wheeled lights of late.

View Posth00d1e, on 15 April 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

The auto aim on WV is too accurate, other than that fix the physics.  They roll over, why do they get put upright again when tanks do not?

You do know that the auto-aim doesn't make their guns more accurate right? It works the same way as on any gun on a tracked tank. It don't aim differently for it. Nor does it alter the gun stats. It's the progress of acquiring a lock that differs. Not the way it works once locked. As for the rolling point? No idea tbh. Could be their center of balance point differs vs most tracked tanks. That and you see how they behave when they get destroyed. They do more aerial flips them most do at the Olympics. So their physic momentum is different too. 

Mannanan #17 Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27194 battles
I believe that the only workable idea to balance wheeled vehicles is to remove wheels from them. Then leave them on rocks in garage to gather rust and dust forever.

1ncompetenc3 #18 Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37804 battles
Wheeled vehicles should've remained in AW, where they've been a total success story since day one. :rolleyes:

WindSplitter1 #19 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:08 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18452 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View Postarthurwellsley, on 15 April 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

This.

WVs are fine. It's just Steve who didn't got the memo and wants his HTs to be #1.

Desyatnik_Pansy #20 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:17 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17338 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 April 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

But... that's not my issue with wheeled lights. My issue is that since they can still move, you don't get track assist unlike on any tracked tank when you take the module to red. You get nothing even with 2 wheels taken out. I would be happier if they added a 25 to 50% assist on 1 to 2 wheels vs forcing it to stop to repair. As you slowed it down, making it easier for others to hit it. But you don't get rewarded for it. 

Absolutely my biggest issue with the wheelies.

Also tagged with wheeled vehicles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users