New limitation for Consideration

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

WilhelmII #1 Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34385 battles
  • [AT2] AT2

My preferred vehicle type has always been the TD, and much as I love them , they are now starting to spoil the game, more specifically due to the greed and short sightedness of WG/WoT with the quick sales of the TS 5.

Game after game they fill the ranks to the point of, battle just finished we had 7 x TS 5's  and 1 x STRV 103-0 the other side had 8 x TS 5's, it was ridiculous, I was in a VK 100.01P and they were screaming at me to go and spot at first I thought it a joke but as it went on I realised it was not, they were all sat a back, I hate to say this as I love my TD's but this is worse than any Arty problem mentioned on here , not that I personally think Arty is a problem at all, they are totally necessary in every way (Well except in town and cities where for real Tracked SPG's would never be deployed), but 8 TD's of the same type on the same side are definitely what is NOT needed or wanted.

IMO of course.

PipariIkkunaPesuvati #2 Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12118 battles

View PostWilhelmII, on 15 April 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

My preferred vehicle type has always been the TD, and much as I love them , they are now starting to spoil the game, more specifically due to the greed and short sightedness of WG/WoT with the quick sales of the TS 5.

Game after game they fill the ranks to the point of, battle just finished we had 7 x TS 5's  and 1 x STRV 103-0 the other side had 8 x TS 5's, it was ridiculous, I was in a VK 100.01P and they were screaming at me to go and spot at first I thought it a joke but as it went on I realised it was not, they were all sat a back, I hate to say this as I love my TD's but this is worse than any Arty problem mentioned on here , not that I personally think Arty is a problem at all, they are totally necessary in every way (Well except in town and cities where for real Tracked SPG's would never be deployed), but 8 TD's of the same type on the same side are definitely what is NOT needed or wanted.

IMO of course.

#removetds

Solstad1069 #3 Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:58 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41844 battles
Always like that with new tanks. (for a few days)

arthurwellsley #4 Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:50 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53131 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostSolstad1069, on 15 April 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

Always like that with new tanks. (for a few days)

OP this is the answer. New premium tanks always tend to flood the MM for a few days while everyone and their dog tries them, and then they begin to gather dust at the rear of the garage. Did you see any SU-130's in that game? Because immediately after the marathon when you could buy them on discount there were lots of them in the games for about the first 48 hours. Nowdays not so much.

Bordhaw #5 Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13422 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 15 April 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

Did you see any SU-130's in that game? Because immediately after the marathon when you could buy them on discount there were lots of them in the games for about the first 48 hours. Nowdays not so much.

I havent seen those for so long I thought they'd been withdrawn. Until I noticed it's on sale again today...

LCpl_Jones #6 Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11747 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

yeah it'll die down, just a while ago there were a bazillion, no exaggeration, mario karts :angry:

now it's just a couple of the edited edits 

1ncompetenc3 #7 Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37863 battles
So you're saying that on the day a marathon finishes you see the tank rewarded for completing that marathon quite often. I wonder if there's a reason for that phenomenon.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69743 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostWilhelmII, on 15 April 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Game after game they fill the ranks to the point of, battle just finished we had 7 x TS 5's  and 1 x STRV 103-0 the other side had 8 x TS 5's, it was ridiculous

Sales? it's the last day of the Marathon. Most got their free TS-5 today. And ofc they all want to test them. If it was for normal sale only, it would be 1 here and there like it was on the first few days after it's arrival. They did not sell that many to get 7 vs 7 TS 5's that day did they? 

So since most got it for free, as with every marathon on the last day. You will see a bit more of them until people are done testing them. We see the same thing when a new tech tree arrives, or on tier 6 when the new wheeled line came. Now most of them are on FL, so give it a few days and they will die out. As most are realizing that it's not the strongest TD around.

View PostBordhaw, on 15 April 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

I havent seen those for so long I thought they'd been withdrawn. Until I noticed it's on sale again today...

Not seen them in randoms for ages. But they are a common sight on FL tho. As with every Marathon reward tank. Tho as you said, it's on sale again. As is the C AX. As I don't see too many of those either. But you do see a fair few on FL, even before the sale. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 15 April 2019 - 11:53 PM.

WindSplitter1 #9 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:03 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18476 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

The issue here is that there are already a high number of Tank Destroyers in the queue. Even without the TS-5, you still see 5-7 TDs. Per side. And it was not at all like this before.

It's quite difficult to have an enjoyable experience when 1/3, half or all your HP is reduced when someone clicks a button. Any hope for retaliation is never handed as the enemy who shot you will either not appear or be in cover before you're able to train your gun at them.

WG seriously needs to look into this. Perhaps do a more even distribution of the class. Like a soft limit.

jimbobjammybob #10 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:05 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 620 battles
  • [TH1NK] TH1NK

View PostWilhelmII, on 15 April 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

IMO of course.

WilhelmII #11 Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34385 battles
  • [AT2] AT2
The Main reason why I KNOW Arty is Necessary, it Supresses, Disorientates, disperses, causes panic, demoralises, incapacitates and annihilates and much much more, that is why I was in it for 22 Years, it really px$$es people off when you drop it on them, totally screws them up,,,,,,,,,LOVELY Job 

1ncompetenc3 #12 Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37863 battles

View PostWilhelmII, on 16 April 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

The Main reason why I KNOW Arty is Necessary, it Supresses, Disorientates, disperses, causes panic, demoralises, incapacitates and annihilates and much much more, that is why I was in it for 22 Years, it really px$$es people off when you drop it on them, totally screws them up,,,,,,,,,LOVELY Job 

IRL griefer detected. Initialising pitchfork protocol.

Nishi_Kinuyo #13 Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8294 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostWilhelmII, on 16 April 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

Well, from a real-world point of view you're absolutely right.

The thing is, WoT isn't real world, but a game.

And the main issue with it is, afaik, that people have no actual indication that they're being aimed at.

(Just like in real life, I reckon.)

That aside, the issue of having half a dozen or more tanks of the same model on either side of the battle being a problem:

Think of it like this; how ruined do you think the matchmaking would be if there was a hard limit on that, every time a new tank is added to the game.

Remember last christmas when we got the Mittlere Kampfwagen für Ausland? And how tier 2 MM was basically flooded with people wanting to try it out?

A hard limit there and then would cause hundreds of people to become stuck in MM limbo since there aren't enough other tanks to fill the teams with.

wannop #14 Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8004 battles

View PostWilhelmII, on 15 April 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

IMO of course.

And yet most notably in the battle for berlin  the soviets deployed  SPG'S en mass to destroy strong points  ( some of which were dug in tanks ) even the early part of the war in France and Netherlands the prototype SPG's are seen in footage  in street fighting situations  if your going to make statements at least try to be factual .

Edited by wannop, 16 April 2019 - 11:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users