Jump to content


Front Line not interesting anymore


  • Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

DeadLecter #1 Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:56 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28812 battles
  • 1,395
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016

As you know, the 3rd episode of FL came on yesterday, but I was playing my tanks for 5x bonus and today I got to play FL for a 2 hour session.

I no longer really want to play FL because:

 

1) This is for the 3rd month I'm playing on the same map.

2) The entire map is designed for the attacking team. Defending is almost impossible, only doable when the attacking team is super bad.

3) WZ-111, STA-2 are not good enough tanks to make me play for them.

4) Emil 1951 isn't interesting either, I already have a 4 skill crew in Emil I and I don't need a crew trainer nor a credit farmer. I already have my 2 favorite tanks and don't need either WZ or STA or Emil.

5) The secret T IX idea doesn't appeal to me. I don't even know what I'm playing for. Is it gonna be another stupid tank? Is it gonna be super OP? Has WG even decided what tank to give us?

6) I would rather grind my tanks in randoms. FL used to be better than randoms because you only fought T VIIIs, now in randoms I mostly fight T VIIIs and IXs. FL has lost that advantage, at least for me.

7) In randoms I can make about 1.5~1.6 million with a 2 hour credit booster and premium acc. In FL I can make 2~2.1 million. The difference is not big enough to make me want to play.

8) The grind to reach tier 30 is a lot tougher than it used to be. WG is asking us to invest way too much time in a mode with 1 map, 1 strategy.

 

Today after about 20~30 minutes I really wanted to stop playing, the only reason I didn't was because I didn't want to let the credit booster go to waste.

 

I know a new map is on the way, but from previous experiences, WG will either rush and screw it up, or drag on and on till episode 7 or 8 and finally release the map. 

How do you guys feel about FL? Have you stopped playing? If not, what keeps you going?

 


Edited by DeadLecter, 15 April 2019 - 11:00 PM.


the_nebuchadnezzar #2 Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:06 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51406 battles
  • 1,478
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    08-19-2013

I know what you are saying. I fell the same way. I hate the fact the attacking team team has a HUGE advantage, while the defenders have no real chance to win. Also, the peace of the game is way too fast since the french wacky races came into the game. 

I still going to play it for the credits and the rewards.



Seldarine #3 Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:13 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 19084 battles
  • 116
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2010

I enjoy Frontline most of the time, sometimes I don't.

 

I don't know anyone on these forums so I won't bother explaining my reasons or care what they would think if I did anyway.

 

I don't expect people to care that I enjoy it, and I don't expect anyone to care that you do not enjoy it either or give any credence to your reasons. 



Desyatnik_Pansy #4 Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:15 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 17338 battles
  • 26,275
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013
I can keep my head down and put up with it for the whole duration, though I sure as hell won't be enjoying it towards the end. I do look forward to every week after the FL Week because I proceed to take a week-long break from playing tanks at all, which is quite relaxing.

Long_Range_Sniper #5 Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:16 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 35181 battles
  • 9,705
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostSeldarine, on 15 April 2019 - 10:13 PM, said:

I enjoy Frontline most of the time, sometimes I don't.

 

I don't know anyone on these forums so I won't bother explaining my reasons or care what they would think if I did anyway.

 

I don't expect people to care that I enjoy it, and I don't expect anyone to care that you do not enjoy it either or give any credence to your reasons. 

 

Don't know anyone on the forums....:hiding:

 

What I can see is the meta changing in Frontlines as different tanks are introduced into the game. The wheeled tanks has made it less strategic, and thrown a whole load of RNG into the pot.



FluffyRedFox #6 Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:17 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 24459 battles
  • 8,974
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

Hate FL. Just a boring fest of seeing Progettos, Skorpions and Defenders around each and every corner. I feel like I'm actively being punished for playing tech tree tanks (that being said, one of my tanks is the VTU so go figure).

I find it extremely obnoxious that the artillery consumables are still unchanged and allowed, either there should be no arty or no arty consumables, having both doesn't bode well for making FL a fun experience for me. Also, arty having access to 3 consumable slots is bloody BS and should be changed. It won't but hey, I can vent a little bit.

Lastly, the map is just awful, especially the C region (I've mostly played as defense today). Got forced into spawning into that cesspool of a map corner as the other zones were full (jee i wonder why, almost as if people don't want to play C), and well this was the result -

Was spawned in for about 4 seconds and....

 



Seldarine #7 Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:18 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 19084 battles
  • 116
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2010
The thing I enjoy most about Frontline is saying "new map?" at the start of the battle, and then witnessing the ensuing feces storm of people who believe I am genetically defective and feel they need to make sure both myself and everyone else on the team fully understands that they are very sure that no, this is not a new map. 

Long_Range_Sniper #8 Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:21 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 35181 battles
  • 9,705
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostSeldarine, on 15 April 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

The thing I enjoy most about Frontline is saying "new map?" at the start of the battle, and then witnessing the ensuing feces storm of people who believe I am genetically defective and feel they need to make sure both myself and everyone else on the team fully understands that they are very sure that no, this is not a new map. 

 

Just say "cap fast" when you're defending.

Bordhaw #9 Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:26 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13422 battles
  • 3,631
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostDeadLecter, on 15 April 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

As you know, the 3rd episode of FL came on yesterday, but I was playing my tanks for 5x bonus and today I got to play FL for a 2 hour session.

I no longer really want to play FL because:

 

1) This is for the 3rd month I'm playing on the same map.

2) The entire map is designed for the attacking team. Defending is almost impossible, only doable when the attacking team is super bad.

3) WZ-111, STA-2 are not good enough tanks to make me play for them.

4) Emil 1951 isn't interesting either, I already have a 4 skill crew in Emil I and I don't need a crew trainer nor a credit farmer. I already have my 2 favorite tanks and don't need either WZ or STA or Emil.

5) The secret T IX idea doesn't appeal to me. I don't even know what I'm playing for. Is it gonna be another stupid tank? Is it gonna be super OP? Has WG even decided what tank to give us?

6) I would rather grind my tanks in randoms. FL used to be better than randoms because you only fought T VIIIs, now in randoms I mostly fight T VIIIs and IXs. FL has lost that advantage, at least for me.

7) In randoms I can make about 1.5~1.6 million with a 2 hour credit booster and premium acc. In FL I can make 2~2.1 million. The difference is not big enough to make me want to play.

8) The grind to reach tier 30 is a lot tougher than it used to be. WG is asking us to invest way too much time in a mode with 1 map, 1 strategy.

 

Today after about 20~30 minutes I really wanted to stop playing, the only reason I didn't was because I didn't want to let the credit booster go to waste.

 

I know a new map is on the way, but from previous experiences, WG will either rush and screw it up, or drag on and on till episode 7 or 8 and finally release the map. 

How do you guys feel about FL? Have you stopped playing? If not, what keeps you going?

 

 



divsmo #10 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:07 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35039 battles
  • 387
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012
I just play it because it's a break from randoms, win or lose doesn't really matter so long as you have a good enough game yourself to rank up.

Just max out the engineering and either try to reset or cap bases. The one thing that does bug me about the mode is i seem to spawn on c 80% of the time which is the worst flank imo.

Wintermute_1 #11 Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:05 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 47425 battles
  • 1,892
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013
Yeah the amount of games FL requires on this one map was always going to get old quickly. Also, the fact that the game length is far more important than the game result is kinda annoying.

Renesco #12 Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:28 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 24692 battles
  • 753
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

View PostFluffyRedFox, on 15 April 2019 - 11:17 PM, said:

Hate FL. Just a boring fest of seeing Progettos, Skorpions and Defenders around each and every corner. I feel like I'm actively being punished for playing tech tree tanks (that being said, one of my tanks is the VTU so go figure).

 

I'd mostly agree with you, but In fairness, while I avoided FL completely after the release of wheelies, I mostly used tech tree tanks on it and they were mostly fine. Centurion, Caernarvon and SU101 which was particularly good on FL.



If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #13 Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:29 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4835 battles
  • 149
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

No corridor maps

 

Wonderful



shikaka9 #14 Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:41 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 66259 battles
  • 343
  • [SWM] SWM
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013

View PostDeadLecter, on 15 April 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

As you know, the 3rd episode of FL came on yesterday, but I was playing my tanks for 5x bonus and today I got to play FL for a 2 hour session.

I no longer really want to play FL because:

 

1) This is for the 3rd month I'm playing on the same map.

2) The entire map is designed for the attacking team. Defending is almost impossible, only doable when the attacking team is super bad.

3) WZ-111, STA-2 are not good enough tanks to make me play for them.

4) Emil 1951 isn't interesting either, I already have a 4 skill crew in Emil I and I don't need a crew trainer nor a credit farmer. I already have my 2 favorite tanks and don't need either WZ or STA or Emil.

5) The secret T IX idea doesn't appeal to me. I don't even know what I'm playing for. Is it gonna be another stupid tank? Is it gonna be super OP? Has WG even decided what tank to give us?

6) I would rather grind my tanks in randoms. FL used to be better than randoms because you only fought T VIIIs, now in randoms I mostly fight T VIIIs and IXs. FL has lost that advantage, at least for me.

7) In randoms I can make about 1.5~1.6 million with a 2 hour credit booster and premium acc. In FL I can make 2~2.1 million. The difference is not big enough to make me want to play.

8) The grind to reach tier 30 is a lot tougher than it used to be. WG is asking us to invest way too much time in a mode with 1 map, 1 strategy.

 

 

AMEN :(



SuperOlsson #15 Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:59 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22766 battles
  • 1,068
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
  • Member since:
    08-07-2012
Yeah frontline has lost some of its appeal, yesterday i couldn't muster the will to play it. It just feel like a boring grind to get the tier 9. And as said the Emil 1951 doesn't seem that appealing, and will it be a reward tank or a premium tank? As in will it even have a credit multiplier? And I'm only at prestige 2 so i have to play roughly 190 hours more to get the tier 9, which haven't been disclosed yet, it could be a slow, unarmored turretless TD for all we know.

Toni112007 #16 Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:25 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11057 battles
  • 706
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013
You have no chance in FL if you don't have fast vehicles like wheelchair or progetto. Also, yes. I got bored of it as well and I am done with it. Just cause there are some rewards I won't force myself to play this boring mess.

4nt #17 Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:26 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26060 battles
  • 568
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013

View PostSuperOlsson, on 16 April 2019 - 06:59 AM, said:

Yeah frontline has lost some of its appeal, yesterday i couldn't muster the will to play it. It just feel like a boring grind to get the tier 9. And as said the Emil 1951 doesn't seem that appealing, and will it be a reward tank or a premium tank? As in will it even have a credit multiplier? And I'm only at prestige 2 so i have to play roughly 190 hours more to get the tier 9, which haven't been disclosed yet, it could be a slow, unarmored turretless TD for all we know.

Same. The meta tanks are pretty much worse for gameplay than previous season, and defending 1 and 2 is pretty hard without gimping all other fronts. I also believe that season reward is refurbished SU-54-122, so it doesn't appeal at all. I'd rather grind on randoms even though MM is pretty screwed ATM.



wsatnutter #18 Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:30 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 25991 battles
  • 9,072
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
I agree with the Op its not what it should and could be

BR33K1_PAWAH #19 Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:26 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 6051 battles
  • 1,331
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018

View PostSuperOlsson, on 16 April 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

Yeah frontline has lost some of its appeal, yesterday i couldn't muster the will to play it. It just feel like a boring grind to get the tier 9. And as said the Emil 1951 doesn't seem that appealing, and will it be a reward tank or a premium tank? As in will it even have a credit multiplier? And I'm only at prestige 2 so i have to play roughly 190 hours more to get the tier 9, which haven't been disclosed yet, it could be a slow, unarmored turretless TD for all we know.

 

It's a full prem.

TungstenHitman #20 Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:41 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26363 battles
  • 4,923
  • [POOLS] POOLS
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

Played it for the first time this year yesterday evening. Thought it might be a viable way to grind some tier8 tanks but tbh it was terrible, nonviable and an extreme showcase of everything toxic about this game. Pay to win to the extreme, consumable versions of SPG and similar airstrikes which can just be used to nuke capping attackers without even seeing them for cheap sky ebola dmg and reset points not that being unable to see was a problem as that was also a consumable, hey presto there's all the enemy team, so so bad. Still need premium ammo for many tanks since Defenders, Lowes and just really solid units are prolific etc, yolo cars... just awful really






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users