Deathstar

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

PervyPastryPuffer #1 Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32704 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

An utter tragedy had befallen the once mighty Deathstar upon its removal from the tech tree.

Not only has it remained completely unchanged since then, but the state it was left in was already terrible.

For weeks, months, years, I have tried to enhance the crew's skills, improve the tank's ability with premium equipment, use food...EVERYTHING...but to no avail.

There are just some aspects of the tank which I cannot change, or change enough:

Armor and mobility, respectively.

Currently, the tank feels like its armor means nothing, constantly being penetrated in the turret, and the tragically weak 50.8mm non-skirted side armor.

Its mobility also feels lacking, combined with the poor armor, once you get into position, you cannot survive long enough to fire more than two shots, if even.

The gun, at range, buffed with BiA, Snap Shot, Smooth Ride, premium vents, premium GLD, vents directive and food...is mediocre at best. Staying far away in order to not receive damage is not worth it, you might as well go to the frontlines and you'll end up with the same result most of the time.

10 thousand bonds basically gone to waste, caring for, trying to, wanting to keep alive and present the incomparable fear-factor this tank used to possess...all for naught.

Wargaming, forumites, players and WoT enthusiasts... The Deathstar needs some love. It has been waiting far too long.

The biggest tank gun in the game, the first, the OG instagib-mobile...it is now a sad hunk of junk, worth nothing more than xp and damage for the enemy team.

Bring it back to life. Bring it back to glory.

Bring it back to the legendary tank once worthy of the "Deathstar" insignia, as now, that it is not.

Bring. Back. An Icon.

Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:28 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17338 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 16 April 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

The biggest tank gun in the game, the first, the OG instagib-mobile...it is now a sad hunk of junk, worth nothing more than xp and damage for the enemy team.

Regardless of it's state, it can still instagib or instantly cripple most same tier tanks. I think it's better that it's a "sad hunk of junk" considering that it has the ability to suddenly nuke someone out of the battle.

Dorander #3 Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19620 battles
No thank you, the other FV is bad enough and it's getting nerfed, this thing does not need a buff.

PervyPastryPuffer #4 Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32704 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 16 April 2019 - 10:28 PM, said:

Regardless of it's state, it can still instagib or instantly cripple most same tier tanks. I think it's better that it's a "sad hunk of junk" considering that it has the ability to suddenly nuke someone out of the battle.

...provided, it actually hits.

With all due respect, so many new, heavily armored tanks have been introduced into the game, the 230mm of penetration on its HESH, with that level of inaccuracy, can only hope to hit and pen a Grille, TVP or the ****barn. That's not a lot of guaranteed targets, and that only leaves it as a slightly more mobile, fragile, and inaccurate Jägeru.

Edited by PervyPastryPuffer, 16 April 2019 - 10:36 PM.

MeetriX #5 Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:47 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21971 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE
Its 12 shell capacity was completely unchanged to 20 shells.

Nishi_Kinuyo #6 Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8270 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Could do with another nerf or two.

lnfernaI #7 Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:00 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30856 battles
Babe,no...

ValkyrionX #8 Posted 17 April 2019 - 12:47 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49505 battles
  • [S-GUN] S-GUN
the deathstar is still a very strong td, but it needs to be played well
it does not need any modification and is fine as it is

Sfinski #9 Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:10 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34093 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Remove hesh and buf gunhandling a bit. Make it mainly an AP gun.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:13 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32035 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
They should swap the gun handling on both. Want some armour and less mobility you get the better gun handling on the 183. Want the speed and mobility you get the derpy gun on the 4005.

DuncaN_101 #11 Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:45 AM

Major

• Player
  • 54572 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostSfinski, on 17 April 2019 - 05:10 AM, said:

Remove hesh and buf gunhandling a bit. Make it mainly an AP gun.

I use ap on it allot and it's actually often a bigger damage dealer than the hesh. (provided it hits) so I don't know if that's the best solution 

Cobra6 #12 Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16463 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Uhm, it's able to one-shot an E-50M frontally (personal experience) so it doesn't need a buff.

A tank that can effectively one-shot a top tier medium does not need further buffs, only nerf.

Cobra 6

Jauhesammutin #13 Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23031 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 17 April 2019 - 05:13 AM, said:

They should swap the gun handling on both. Want some armour and less mobility you get the better gun handling on the 183. Want the speed and mobility you get the derpy gun on the 4005.

And why do you think it would be a good idea to have an accurate heavily armored tank and an inaccurate lightly armored tank?

Go away, Steve.

Bexleyheath #14 Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6755 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
You expect WG to do something to a tank that's effectively not in the game anymore? :amazed:

PipariIkkunaPesuvati #15 Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12055 battles

Bring. Back. An Icon.

Yes bring back WT E100 :trollface:

Sirebellus #16 Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21621 battles
The only game I have played in where Quicky Baby was playing, he was on the opposing team I was in the Deathstar... on El Halluf, North Spawn, Quackybaby was in a T8 Progetto and had come up the East side from the valley... I had him lined up, fully aimed reticle and clicked the trigger... My shot went so wide it hit Jingles on the next map, and my Deathstar lasted about 5 seconds against his autoloader...

Dorander #17 Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19620 battles

View PostSirebellus, on 17 April 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

The only game I have played in where Quicky Baby was playing, he was on the opposing team I was in the Deathstar... on El Halluf, North Spawn, Quackybaby was in a T8 Progetto and had come up the East side from the valley... I had him lined up, fully aimed reticle and clicked the trigger... My shot went so wide it hit Jingles on the next map, and my Deathstar lasted about 5 seconds against his autoloader...

Imagine that, this tank is so powerful it can oneshot another player in a different battle! :P

arthurwellsley #18 Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:33 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53127 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

An utter tragedy had befallen the once mighty Deathstar upon its removal from the tech tree.

Not only has it remained completely unchanged since then, but the state it was left in was already terrible.

For weeks, months, years, I have tried to enhance the crew's skills, improve the tank's ability with premium equipment, use food...EVERYTHING...but to no avail.

There are just some aspects of the tank which I cannot change, or change enough:

Armor and mobility, respectively.

Currently, the tank feels like its armor means nothing, constantly being penetrated in the turret, and the tragically weak 50.8mm non-skirted side armor.

Its mobility also feels lacking, combined with the poor armor, once you get into position, you cannot survive long enough to fire more than two shots, if even.

The gun, at range, buffed with BiA, Snap Shot, Smooth Ride, premium vents, premium GLD, vents directive and food...is mediocre at best. Staying far away in order to not receive damage is not worth it, you might as well go to the frontlines and you'll end up with the same result most of the time.

10 thousand bonds basically gone to waste, caring for, trying to, wanting to keep alive and present the incomparable fear-factor this tank used to possess...all for naught.

Wargaming, forumites, players and WoT enthusiasts... The Deathstar needs some love. It has been waiting far too long.

Bring it back to life. Bring it back to glory.

Bring it back to the legendary tank once worthy of the "Deathstar" insignia, as now, that it is not.

Bring. Back. An Icon.

Poetic.

A beautifully choreographed and scripted rant. Loved the presentation.

But back to cold hard reality;

WG have said that the Deathstar may become one of the tanks available in the bond shop. Assuming that remains the case, and WG want players to expend bonds on it, it will need a slight buff otherwise no one will be willing to part with hard earned bonds for it.

tajj7 #19 Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27067 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Fundamentally the 183, like 4005 is never going to be good unless they bring down the alpha, you can't have a good tank that is able to one shot like 70% of the tanks it meets, as it would be completely OP.

Do something with the HESH alpha, probably the AP alpha as well and they might make the tank all round better.  Look at the Type 5, they heavily nerfed the alpha and are now making the rest of the tank more comfortable and more well rounded.

Its the same reason the JpE100 never gets buffs, because of that 1k alpha. 

PervyPastryPuffer #20 Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:54 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32704 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostJauhesammutin, on 17 April 2019 - 07:42 AM, said:

And why do you think it would be a good idea to have an accurate heavily armored tank and an inaccurate lightly armored tank?

Go away, Steve.

Well he's not wrong...

The Jägeru is accurate. The Grille is inaccurate while moving and needs to stop to be accurate.

The Deathstar is just never accurate, it has neither the mobility or the armor to justify its gunhandling.

It sits somewhere in the middle, as if it can't decide whether to be a bushcamping glass cannon or a frontline holepuncher.

It has no defined role, other than dealing massive alpha damage. It literally has NOTHING else going for it. At least the 4005 can get around the map easier, even after the nerfs, it will still be faster than the Deathstar.

Also tagged with Deathstar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users