(ex)Gold ammo

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Poll: Premium ammo (109 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should this kind of ammo be gold only?

1. Yes (34 votes [30.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.09%

2. No (79 votes [69.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.91%

Vote Hide poll

Poulakiou #1 Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11631 battles

Could we please make a petition to return this kind of ammo back to gold only, so this game becomes interesting and more "fair" again?

At the moment it is all about pay-to-win, you spend credits = you win, while you ruin the fun for everyone else.

What is the point of following the type 5 heavy line if you can still be penetrated by everything that moves and uses premium ammo? You only go down this line because you render yourself "immune" to damage from most of the tanks in the game (except tank destroyers). But when everyone is capable of using premium ammo, and oh believe me they do, what is the point then? Why wouldn't we all level up an obj 705A which is vastly superior tank in every aspect from all heavies? 

divsmo #2 Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35242 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
In all honesty the jap heavies deserve all the gold spam they get as they are more than happy to spam gold he shells at everything that moves.

Just wait and see what they announce in terms of the premium ammo rebalance first.

pecopad #3 Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27127 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostPoulakiou, on 17 April 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

Could we please make a petition to return this kind of ammo back to gold only, so this game becomes interesting and more "fair" again?

At the moment it is all about pay-to-win, you spend credits = you win, while you ruin the fun for everyone else.

What is the point of following the type 5 heavy line if you can still be penetrated by everything that moves and uses premium ammo? You only go down this line because you render yourself "immune" to damage from most of the tanks in the game (except tank destroyers). But when everyone is capable of using premium ammo, and oh believe me they do, what is the point then? Why wouldn't we all level up an obj 705A which is vastly superior tank in every aspect from all heavies? 

Well, you have a large number of tanks to choose from.. its up to you to chose one that fits your play stile.

First time I saw a Type 5 owner complaining about broken game mechanics.... always a first time.

Edited by pecopad, 17 April 2019 - 06:01 PM.

BlackBloodBandit #4 Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4611 battles

That whole line is disgusting, even after the 'balance'-changes that I've seen first results of, so I don't see your point.

Poulakiou #5 Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11631 battles

View Postpecopad, on 17 April 2019 - 05:00 PM, said:

Well, you have a large number of tanks to choose from.. its up to you to chose one that fits your play stile.

First time I saw a Type 5 owner complaining about broken game mechanics.... always a first time.

what does ts-5 owned supposed to mean anyway? I worked for that tank, i followed the mission line and got it for free, yes free, 100%.

And wanting to balance the game has something to do with what tank i drive? And it is not only ts-5 btw, it is many others too.

17:12 Added after 6 minutes

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 17 April 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

That whole line is disgusting, even after the 'balance'-changes that I've seen first results of, so I don't see your point.

The point is, if you chose to go down that line, you took that decision because you want to have a tank which is heavily armored front and you would feel so when playing it. Not feel like a piece of paper because everyone is using a premium ammo, meaning that even light tanks penetrate your face. 

The_Naa #6 Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5910 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

YES. make premium Ammo only available via GOLD. so i can ONLY buy it with REAL MONEY! after that the game magically is no longer is PAY TO WIN.

Spoiler

Gremlin182 #7 Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:27 PM

General

• Player
  • 54212 battles

You want to do what !

So buying premium ammo for credits is pay to win but buyimg premium ammo for money isn't.

Moving from a resource that every player has access to to one where you can only gain an advantage if you have plenty of spare cash.

Wargaming made just one mistake when they created the "premium ammo" and that was selling it for gold only.

There should always have been a multitude of ammo types in the  game  If there is a tank somewhere that fired it then it should be in the game.

By selling it for gold they tainted the whole concept.

Of course it needs continual fine tuning but the basic idea is fine.

Poulakiou #8 Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11631 battles

By having it gold only, would mean far less people use it, far less "game ruining" gold ammo spammers are out there, meaning a lot more fun for most people.

That is the big picture you fail to see.

Yes, there will always be people willing to pay gold to gain advantage, but since gold ammo costed as much gold as it did, it was highly unlikely for someone to spend 100 euros just to shoot premium ammo.

spamhamstar #9 Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

Making prem ammo available for gold only actually makes the game less fair, in favour of players who spend money.

Personally I would like to see them remove prem ammo completely, but that would also require a complete rebalance of every tank in the game.  Which would at least be a lot easier as they'd only have to balance them for 1 type of ammo rather than have armour that only works until someone presses the 2 key.

I don't see that ever happening, as it would break the game economy so that would need to be fixed as well.  Altogether an awful lot of work for a game that seems to be in decline anyway.

BR33K1_PAWAH #10 Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6455 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postspamhamstar, on 17 April 2019 - 08:31 PM, said:

Making prem ammo available for gold only actually makes the game less fair, in favour of players who spend money.

Personally I would like to see them remove prem ammo completely, but that would also require a complete rebalance of every tank in the game.  Which would at least be a lot easier as they'd only have to balance them for 1 type of ammo rather than have armour that only works until someone presses the 2 key.

I don't see that ever happening, as it would break the game economy so that would need to be fixed as well.  Altogether an awful lot of work for a game that seems to be in decline anyway.

This.

PipariIkkunaPesuvati #11 Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12372 battles

View Postspamhamstar, on 17 April 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

I don't think so, you must pump 100 and 1000 of euros to game, if you use it like standard ammo.

deorum #12 Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28057 battles
  • [GBIRD] GBIRD

View Postspamhamstar, on 17 April 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

There should be no gold or premium ammo in first place. 

Having premium ammo only for real gold, is solving the majority of users spamming it, but the few that continue to use it aka credit card warriors, will simply have more and more unfair advantage. If using the latest OP prem is p2w, imagine what this is!

Premium ammo, should be simply a tactical choice. More pen for less dmg? More pen for less shell velocity, or less accuracy or higher reload? I really dont know this is WG to find it out, but it should be a tactical choice, of trading ammo advantages for disadvantages. It should be a gameplay choice, and not a p2w choice (as for example is current situation, where prem account users can afford more prem ammo than non-prem account users).

Of course this needs a huge general rebalance of tanks (its a mess) because some tanks have way to little pen, and need to fire a lot of prem ammo to stay competitive. Its like they were designed in first place to fight with prem ammo only. 

Poulakiou #13 Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11631 battles

View PostPipariIkkunaPesuvati, on 17 April 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

I don't think so, you must pump 100 and 1000 of euros to game, if you use it like standard ammo.

This.

NekoPuffer_PPP #14 Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32907 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

...and spending gold is somehow not the same? :facepalm: Are you listening to yourself?

spamhamstar #15 Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostPipariIkkunaPesuvati, on 17 April 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

Nope.  Top players are able to generate copious amounts of gold in game, meaning the players that are already better than the rest of us would be able to spam prem ammo while the rest of us would have to pay or go without. 

You think that's fairer than everyone being in the same boat?  They need to fix or remove prem ammo, not limit it to the rich or successful.

Besides, it would take the game the wrong side of the pay to win line & it's already kinda on the edge with some of the prem tanks they released.

Poulakiou #16 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11631 battles

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 17 April 2019 - 09:05 PM, said:

...and spending gold is somehow not the same? :facepalm: Are you listening to yourself?

As i said, most people will fail to see the big picture, same as you.

How many people do you think are able to pump more than 100-200 euros per month in this game, just to shoot gold ammo? Exactly, very few. So this game becomes a lot more fair, since only a fraction of the users will be able to use premium ammo, therefore the vast majority of the users will have a good time playing this game.

Homer_J #17 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31416 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPoulakiou, on 18 April 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

As i said, most people will fail to see the big picture, same as you.

How many people do you think are able to pump more than 100-200 euros per month in this game, just to shoot gold ammo? Exactly, very few. So this game becomes a lot more fair, since only a fraction of the users will be able to use premium ammo, therefore the vast majority of the users will have a good time playing this game.

I used to buy premium ammo when it was gold only so don't get your hopes up.  And these days there's even less to spend gold on.

But go ahead, make walled warriors great again.

Poulakiou #18 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11631 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 18 April 2019 - 07:10 AM, said:

I used to buy premium ammo when it was gold only so don't get your hopes up.  And these days there's even less to spend gold on.

But go ahead, make walled warriors great again.

And you are one of how many do you think? Not many i would say

arthurwellsley #19 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:22 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53410 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostPoulakiou, on 17 April 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

Could we please make a petition to return this kind of ammo back to gold only, so this game becomes interesting and more "fair" again? That really is a pay to win mechanic. Because players who are wealthy in real life can then spam as much purchased for real money ammunition as they like whereas the guys working in facotries, retail, and service industries on modest wages cannot.

At the moment it is all about pay-to-win, you spend credits = you win, while you ruin the fun for everyone else. Hardly, there are enough experiments where accounts fire no premium ammo at all and yet get a better win rate than you OP have managed. Try reading in full this 900 game new account experiment with no premium ammunition used = http://forum.worldof...nished/#topmost

What is the point of following the type 5 heavy line if you can still be penetrated by everything that moves and uses premium ammo?  Most players have criticised Type 4 and Type 5 for having no obvious weak points.

You only go down this line because you render yourself "immune" to damage from most of the tanks in the game (except tank destroyers). But when everyone is capable of using premium ammo, and oh believe me they do, what is the point then?  Premium ammo is a game mechanic, you have to work out when to use it, and when not to use it. When meeting a Type 5 face on is the moment for most tanks to hit the 2 key.

Why wouldn't we all level up an obj 705A which is vastly superior tank in every aspect from all heavies? If you had a 705A you would know that it is notoriously difficult to hide the weak spots on it, and really it is best thought of as a hull down tank as the turret is strong. Nonetheless it has a very wonky gun, and so is often out played by Type 5's which at least can consistently damage a 705A. (I own both).

Edited by arthurwellsley, 18 April 2019 - 08:25 AM.

Homer_J #20 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31416 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPoulakiou, on 18 April 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

And you are one of how many do you think? Not many i would say

Back then?  Enough for people to whine about how unfair it was.

Now?  I think if WG made it gold only they would be accused of getting people hooked on premium ammo then profiteering.  And I think you would still be crying.

But go ahead, I have deep pockets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users