Jump to content


Wheels are better than 250mm of side armour


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #1 Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:44 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5908 battles
  • 287
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

The number of times I've hit a wheeled light tank with a 250pen shell slap bang in the side and it has had zero effect is ridiculous

 

The reality is it would go clean through



Sfinski #2 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:34 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 34696 battles
  • 3,219
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013
Not hitting hull is better than 1000mm of armour. That's what you're doing when you've been shooting their sides. Just aim higher and you'll pen easy.

Hiisi #3 Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16323 battles
  • 299
  • [BIGD] BIGD
  • Member since:
    03-21-2011
Wheels are biggee than tracks. Also wheeled vehicles stabd taller from the ground than tanks. So lot more shots hit only wheels and not hull. So aim bit better and problem is solved.

Black_Coyote #4 Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:22 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 18162 battles
  • 59
  • [ATBRO] ATBRO
  • Member since:
    12-22-2017

View PostSfinski, on 18 April 2019 - 06:34 AM, said:

Not hitting hull is better than 1000mm of armour. That's what you're doing when you've been shooting their sides. Just aim higher and you'll pen easy.

I'm a bad player I know. But explain me please how to aim higher at 80 speed and maybe in 100 games I will be able to hit them.



Dr_Oolen #5 Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:25 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23298 battles
  • 1,841
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostBlack_Coyote, on 18 April 2019 - 06:22 AM, said:

I'm a bad player I know. But explain me please how to aim higher at 80 speed and maybe in 100 games I will be able to hit them.

 

You can aim higher by moving the mouse a bit away from you.

Negativvv #6 Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:08 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10491 battles
  • 1,148
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

Wheeled tanks troll non HE rounds big time. 

 

All well and good aiming high but at long range with the speeds they do it's sort of hard to aim anywhere specifically.

 

Ultimate armour, WG should release a tracked tank with wheels strapped all over it...



Cobra6 #7 Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:31 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16467 battles
  • 16,824
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Properly leading these WV's is slightly more difficult then other tanks which is why it's taking people longer to adept.

 

don't blame it on the vehicle if you personally can't aim at them properly.

 

Cobra 6



Anymn #8 Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:34 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19821 battles
  • 396
  • [RHPA] RHPA
  • Member since:
    07-06-2011
It's by design that WV are hard to hit. It wouldn't make sense if everyone could hit them without seriously trying.

mjs_89 #9 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:18 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7015 battles
  • 613
  • [95137] 95137
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017

View PostAlbaTankArmy, on 18 April 2019 - 02:44 AM, said:

The reality is it would go clean through

 

It does indeed. The problem is that there's most likely no tank behind the wheel as the WV have a pretty high ground clearance by tank standards. Maybe try hitting the upper half of the wheel (the part that has a hull behind it and not just air), if you still can't do any damage come back and complain some more.

 

And to be fair, there are tanks like the Churchills where a part of their tracks goes beyond their hull and has no actual tanks behind it, so your problem is not exclusively tied to WVs.


Edited by mjs_89, 18 April 2019 - 08:22 AM.


Xqual #10 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:24 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 63217 battles
  • 97
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostAnymn, on 18 April 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

It's by design that WV are hard to hit. It wouldn't make sense if everyone could hit them without seriously trying.

 

that was the reason they removed the T-50-2. And it was not even close to be as agile as these gocarts.

PipariIkkunaPesuvati #11 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:31 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12346 battles
  • 458
  • Member since:
    08-05-2012

All day and night WV whine.

 

Is it time to open pinned: Big WV conversation thread?

07:39 Added after 7 minutes

View PostXqual, on 18 April 2019 - 07:24 AM, said:

 

that was the reason they removed the T-50-2. And it was not even close to be as agile as these gocarts.

 

But that tank meet tier 10 tanks and it was oneshoot of them, if you get hit. Arty shoot tracks and it was game over:bajan:

Balc0ra #12 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:26 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 70155 battles
  • 18,995
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

A: Wheels don't have gap in them like tracks. So you need to aim a bit higher at the side then you are used to. Again on the adapting part.

B: And even if you could smack past them. Depending on the ammo type, the gap between wheel and armor is fairly big. So even if you aim high, it's still a module that would give you pen loss. And even if you could pen past their wheels... For their height, they have a rather big gap under the tank. So most behind it's just air vs armor for you to hit. I've slowed down replays and seen hits on the wheels below the hull more so than above it. Even more so from enemy lights that I suspect has auto aim on when running after me, or when I run after a wheeled light close up.



pecopad #13 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:30 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27038 battles
  • 1,635
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015

Tracks also, I always wondered why didn't they make tanks only made from track material.

 

I think wheels are the same.



PipariIkkunaPesuvati #14 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:48 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12346 battles
  • 458
  • Member since:
    08-05-2012

View Postpecopad, on 18 April 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

Tracks also, I always wondered why didn't they make tanks only made from track material.

 

I think wheels are the same.

 

Rubber tanks?

 

Kuvahaun tulos haulle rubber m4 sherman decoy



upsetti_spaghetti #15 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:52 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11956 battles
  • 171
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013
Whats the point of light tanks when these wheeled vehicles being un trackable, much smaller and much faster, also the armaments and ammo count they carry is ridiculous.

Noo_Noo #16 Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:32 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 22545 battles
  • 2,966
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

Has anyone done a training room test on how the wheel behave when hit? 

 

Seems a logical thing to do to get some clarity. 



pecopad #17 Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:29 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27038 battles
  • 1,635
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015

View Postupsetti_spaghetti, on 18 April 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

Whats the point of light tanks when these wheeled vehicles being un trackable, much smaller and much faster, also the armaments and ammo count they carry is ridiculous.

 

Tier 8 ELC is minimal,and its fast,  with a much larger view range.

Soifon99 #18 Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:32 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38870 battles
  • 419
  • [KITTY] KITTY
  • Member since:
    01-21-2013

View PostSfinski, on 18 April 2019 - 05:34 AM, said:

Not hitting hull is better than 1000mm of armour. That's what you're doing when you've been shooting their sides. Just aim higher and you'll pen easy.

 

This is such [edited]advice, because when those race cars go 80+ you can't really aim at the hull now can you, the race car tanks are small, and because of the speed very hard to hit, so not really time to aim at their "weakspot" now is there. 
13:35 Added after 2 minutes

View PostBalc0ra, on 18 April 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

A: Wheels don't have gap in them like tracks. So you need to aim a bit higher at the side then you are used to. Again on the adapting part.

B: And even if you could smack past them. Depending on the ammo type, the gap between wheel and armor is fairly big. So even if you aim high, it's still a module that would give you pen loss. And even if you could pen past their wheels... For their height, they have a rather big gap under the tank. So most behind it's just air vs armor for you to hit. I've slowed down replays and seen hits on the wheels below the hull more so than above it. Even more so from enemy lights that I suspect has auto aim on when running after me, or when I run after a wheeled light close up.

 

you can't aim at certain spots if those race cars drive at 75+..  such dumb advice..   and still, those wheels should not block so much... they block more then some heavy tanks armor. 
13:36 Added after 3 minutes

View PostAnymn, on 18 April 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

It's by design that WV are hard to hit. It wouldn't make sense if everyone could hit them without seriously trying.

 

yeh so they don't need an extra layer of protection with the magic shield wheels now do they?  if by miracle you hit the race cars, 70% of the time they bounce. 

Edited by Soifon99, 18 April 2019 - 02:41 PM.


seXikanac #19 Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13168 battles
  • 1,050
  • [-YU-] -YU-
  • Member since:
    09-27-2012
My main issue with WV is that they arent trackable

Soifon99 #20 Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:38 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38870 battles
  • 419
  • [KITTY] KITTY
  • Member since:
    01-21-2013

View PostCobra6, on 18 April 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

Properly leading these WV's is slightly more difficult then other tanks which is why it's taking people longer to adept.

 

don't blame it on the vehicle if you personally can't aim at them properly.

 

Cobra 6

 

bull, it's also just the mechanics  of the game, it's a slow paced game with older people, so introducing race cars who can zip around the battlefield and make you miss 90% of the shots is not fun to play against..  and if you hit them they bounce..  so there is no adapting to these things, they changed the game too much..  




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users