Tier VIII & above

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ConductiveMetal #1 Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 45617 battles
  • [FOC-D] FOC-D

Made the post because I've recently thought about continuing the TD line of China, and that I'd like some opinions before or if I should start doing it.

I've started from tier VI, using free xp for the tier I-V.

And I've got to say, the tier VI and VII are just amazing. Whereas the tier VI has good gun arcs, good penetration values and fast reload time; the tier VII has better camouflage (imo) and lower profile, with a awesome 122 mm gun, that deals a whole lot of pain per shot -that is if you choose to use that gun (basically, it's a SU-122-44, but better).

I still have the tier VII in garage and when I take it for a ride, I'm having a blast playing it (122mm gun).

I've liked them both, but I'm afraid of going further, since most people I've talked to about it, said it's nothing impressive. They usually compare them to the old Russia TD line (Obj.268). Also, I've heard they're not that great at mobility and that armor of theirs is nothing special... 

I'm usually and all-round player, I can deal with mostly any type of tanks, but I prefer tanks with DPS, rather than DPM. I saw their guns and their OK in my p.o.v., but the ones on tier IX and X look like they were made for only close-range fighting... (am I wrong? please do tell)

In conclusion, I'd like to ask for any constructive opinion that might help me with this decision. I'd highly appreciate it!

Thank you and have a nice day!

Geno1isme #2 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:15 AM

General

• Player
  • 46224 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

The line isn't bad up to T9, the big issue is that the T10 is simply useless: It's basically just a copy of the T9 with a few more HP, 10mm more armor and minimally faster reload.

The T8 has a very powerful gun, ok-ish armor and decent camo. Unfortunately it has a really low HP-pool (lowest of all T8 TDs, together with S1+UDES) and is rather slow compared with the T7 and esp. the T6.

At T9 that trend continues: better armor, bigger gun, less camo, less mobility, but also a very generous HP pool. It plays like a cross between T95 and Obj704. Armor of course isn't as resilient as on the T95, but on the plus side you can go much faster and have a slightly better gun.

ConductiveMetal #3 Posted 22 April 2019 - 12:12 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 45617 battles
  • [FOC-D] FOC-D

So, better to stay at maximum tier IX? Is the tier X that bad? How about Stronghold battles? Even in random, is it that nasty to play?

Geno1isme #4 Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:07 PM

General

• Player
  • 46224 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
As said, the T10 is basically the same tank as the T9, but with T10 MM. It doesn't have any role in clan/team battles as there it is basically like a worse E3.

Verbal_kint_742 #5 Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:50 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51675 battles

Friendly advice. Stay away from 8-9-10.

Had T8, total waste of time. Worst T8 TD ever had.

I'm on T9 now, with stock gun witch theoretically is a good gun. On T9 you will have 0,5 second faster reload and some improved aimtime.

The tank as vehicle is worst than T8. Slower to move, slower to turn.

The only difference is that you gonna ding a couple of thousand of HP before you die when spotted. That's it.

I will suffer until unlock the big gun but i don't think that there is a chance to keep it and unlock the T10 (as usually do). Will sell it and turn back to T7 untill the line have some kind of buff.

Stay away.

Edited by Verbal_kint_742, 23 April 2019 - 08:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users