Why I stopped playing WOT and went to WOWP

BECAUSE YOUR WORTH IT

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Discontinued #1 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles

So many people keep asking me why i quit WOT  and how much poorer the game is due to my absence and there really is no simple answer other than,

So not having played for a few months now and with no desire to return i can at least look at the game a little more dispassionately than went i was in it. 

Why I got bored with WOT 

To many events which seem to require full time commitment to achieve for tanks which tend to be very meh.

Front-lines was so over hyped and imho poorly implemented, lags where a real problem, i even had a dead tank kill me seconds after i had dispatched him. Again this event was quickly ruined by the no lifers who no doubt took time off work and decided to immerse themselves in the mode thereby owning any casuals joining the battle..

The devs seem to think we can research a tier 10 in a matter of days or weeks and there are so many obsolete tier 10's in the game. WG's attitude seems to be "just research another tier 10" if the one you have is garbage.

Russian bias (enough said)

stalle campy gameplay is what really killed it for me, seeing heavies just sitting in a bush made me realise how poor the game play has become.

Stats stats and more stats..they should just rename it WOS (world of stats) which links in t the campy gameplay.

Now WOWP is far from perfect but WG havent had as much of a chance to ruin it and the gameplay is dynamic and interesting, so what if there are bots, its more about flying around dog-fighting rather than camping, firing 2 shots and returning to the garage. Planes has respawn and you can also fail toon crosschat with enemies.

Very few care about stats and the levels of toxicity are almost non existent.Planes if for the classier and better educated and more civilized player, we all know pilots are officers rather than grease monkeys

Quite simply airplanes is a far more enjoyable game,  that is far less money grabbing than WOT and way less grindy. this is  partly because of its lack of success.

The fact that WOT released "classic" is almost an acknowledgement of the fact they have made a mess of the game...

WOWP even gives out gold regularly for completing missions and events.

Come join me and end your frustration and boredom let me shoot you down in flames,

I aint ever coming back to WOT

3644 battles

Edited by Discontinued, 18 April 2019 - 11:30 AM.

Laatikkomafia #2 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:31 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 23094 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Have fun with the remaining three players still playing it.

Discontinued #3 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3644 battles

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 18 April 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

Actually its 4 :great:

unhappy_bunny #4 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19373 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Good to hear you are enjoying a game once more.

I won't join you as the visuals of flying the plane affect me, so its not for me. I'll stick to ground level stuff.

pecopad #5 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27127 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Why is WG still diverting resources to the other games?

Homer_J #6 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31416 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You can't really say you went to WoWP because the WoT events are too time consuming because WoWP events are just as bad.

I played both for a while, I ignored the WoWP events which didn't suit my normal gameplay just like I ignore the WoT ones if they don't suit me.

I quit WoWP because having only just had a massive change in the game they decided to have a massive shakeup in the way equipment and upgrades work,

By comparison to either Planes or Boats, Tanks is very stable.

Late beta WoWP was a nice game I could have got involved in, then they listened to the pro players and ruined it.  I stuck with it for a bit while it was dominated by BnZ in the hope they could balance it.  I quit the first time when it got to 3 v 3 and if you weren't on the team with a flight then you may as well just fly straight into the ground.  I returned with 2.0 and was happy until they reworked the equipment and introduced RnG upgrades.  I have not logged in since.

TheR3dBaron #7 Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:33 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35973 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

I'm going to be rude and not ask you why you left and try to correct you instead.

3644 battles, a rush to tier 10 and tons of high tier premium tanks which, despite the money invested, didn't bring you the victories on the battlefield ...

https://wot-life.com/eu/player/Discontinued/

Edited by TheR3dBaron, 18 April 2019 - 12:34 PM.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70170 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostDiscontinued, on 18 April 2019 - 11:28 AM, said:

Not fought the beta plane with full prurple gear yet?

The devs seem to think we can research a tier 10 in a matter of days or weeks and there are so many obsolete tier 10's in the game. WG's attitude seems to be "just research another tier 10" if the one you have is garbage.

Thing with WOWP and WOWS is.. there are not that many tier X's. Or nations. Thus easier to track and balance more often. If WOWP ever reach 50+ tier X's. I suspect one would get outdated rather fast too.

stalle campy gameplay is what really killed it for me, seeing heavies just sitting in a bush made me realise how poor the game play has become.

Stats stats and more stats..they should just rename it WOS (world of stats) which links in t the campy gameplay.

Now WOWP is far from perfect but WG havent had as much of a chance to ruin it and the gameplay is dynamic and interesting, so what if there are bots, its more about flying around dog-fighting rather than camping, firing 2 shots and returning to the garage. Planes has respawn and you can also fail toon crosschat with enemies.

Very few care about stats and the levels of toxicity are almost non existent.Planes if for the classier and better educated and more civilized player, we all know pilots are officers rather than grease monkeys

To each their own, you found something that worked for you. I did not in WOWP. You can't be campy in the gameplay there as you would... fall out of the sky then. But it's boring and one-sided more so than fun for me. AI players is a part of it. Might as well fire up a single player game. Il-2 or Birds of steel. Gets the same fix, more fun.  Yes it got better after 2.0 when you could respawn. But again the AI dominance can ruin that too. If you have a 1 vs 1 fight, you just cut off his supply line and he can't spawn. You don't care about the other bases then.

Stats? Sure they went for flying hours vs WR. But with more AI and less human players to use chat. Toxicity ofc goes down. But then the issue is that they focus on the one battle vs all of yours. So the rage is still there if you don't do what they want. Just because WG did hide stats, don't mean that people don't mind losing more and getting less XP. It's an online game after all.

DuncaN_101 #9 Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:48 PM

Major

• Player
  • 55030 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Uhm good for you?

NoobySkooby #10 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16116 battles
  • [S052] S052

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 18 April 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

Lol, on the odd occasion he might find me there but it is the very, very odd occasion.

Bordhaw #11 Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:44 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13619 battles

View PostDiscontinued, on 18 April 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

So many people keep asking me why i quit WOT  and how much poorer the game is due to my absence and there really is no simple answer other than,

3644 battles

Two battles a day over 5 years....

Laatikkomafia #12 Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:34 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 23094 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBordhaw, on 18 April 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

Two battles a day over 5 years....

2,4 battles / day for 4 years 2 months.

Insert a GIF about maths.

NoobySkooby #13 Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16116 battles
  • [S052] S052

So not having played for a few months now and with no desire to return i can at least look at the game a little more dispassionately than went i was in it. 

Why I got bored with WOT 

To many events which seem to require full time commitment to achieve for tanks which tend to be very meh.

Front-lines was so over hyped and imho poorly implemented, lags where a real problem, i even had a dead tank kill me seconds after i had dispatched him. Again this event was quickly ruined by the no lifers who no doubt took time off work and decided to immerse themselves in the mode thereby owning any casuals joining the battle..

Quite simply airplanes is a far more enjoyable game,  that is far less money grabbing than WOT and way less grindy. this is  partly because of its lack of success.

The fact that WOT released "classic" is almost an acknowledgement of the fact they have made a mess of the game...

WOWP even gives out gold regularly for completing missions and events.

Come join me and end your frustration and boredom let me shoot you down in flames,

3644 battles

Damn, now who am I going to toon with in my T 95

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #14 Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6264 battles

It was just a phase and eventually you got bored with it, that's all

Plenty of blokes do that throughout their lives

Get all the golf gear and spend huge amounts of money on golf stuff

Get all the fishing gear and spend huge amounts of money on fishing stuff

Hillwalking

cycling

gaming

yada yada yada

It's a bloke thing

SevernaSnaga #15 Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:20 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3313 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ
Here is that attention you ordered 

Wo0opzy #16 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6223 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Just make a new account and play for free.. just have fun. Drive around and just be an [edited]if you want. WoT has become a "semi shitty pay 2 win game".. so why not give WG back what they give you.. crap!

Edited by Wo0opzy, 21 April 2019 - 01:57 AM.

ValkyrionX #17 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49618 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

I also for a period of a few months I detached a bit from wot and I decided to spend some time on wows and also on crossout

I must say that it is not bad wows, indeed it is a really well done game and I can never find a fault with it

but being fond of it I went back to wot, I haven't played wows for a few weeks and I don't miss it very much even though I really like the game very much

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users