Some positive instead of all negative options.

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Kennel_Dog #1 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13540 battles

I would like to see some positive options in the "complaints" drop down for players in game, everything on there is negative. I cant tell you the amount of games I have played were a players has done really well or just supported the team to pull off fantastic wins and I have always felt that player deserved more than a "GG" at the end of it all.

Having some positive selections in the drop down and maybe connecting them to some kind of reward (Some consumables, etc) would be a nice addition to the game IMO.

Thoughts ?

Laur_Balaur_XD #2 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37100 battles

If you play good you are rewarded with a better winrate, more xp and more credits. You can also complete missions with quite good rewards by playing well.

People really need more incentives to play good in a online pvp game? 

BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23510 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostLaur_Balaur_XD, on 18 April 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

If you play good you are rewarded with a better winrate, more xp and more credits. You can also complete missions with quite good rewards by playing well.

I would presume he means creating a better atmosphere and promoting team play in game.

Kennel_Dog #4 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13540 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 18 April 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

I would presume he means creating a better atmosphere and promoting team play in game.

Exactly! It has nothing to do with "playing good". I'm talking about the guy that puts his tank in a tough position but manages to hold the ground enabling a TEAM win. I'm talking purely about team play, not glory hunting.

wsatnutter #5 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:35 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26066 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
you mean as in wows

vuque #6 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:35 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18119 battles
  • [YOQ] YOQ
Sounds interesting, to be honest. I think this might help to increase the positivity in the game! I will pass this suggestion! ;)

pecopad #7 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27115 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Not all is negative... The MM changes for example were very good.

ToT has also improved, its now much easier to grind the tanks in the line.

Edited by pecopad, 18 April 2019 - 04:37 PM.

BlackBloodBandit #8 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4559 battles

View PostLaur_Balaur_XD, on 18 April 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

Good point. Also it might be abused by players. Would be nice to give my platoon members some extra stuff every battle :D

Laur_Balaur_XD #9 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37100 battles

View Postvuque, on 18 April 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

Sounds interesting, to be honest. I think this might help to increase the positivity in the game! I will pass this suggestion! ;)

Hmmm, you ever thought about decreasing the frustration in this game that basically is the only thing that leads to negativity?

Why not limit or completely remove indirect fire?

Why not reduce the ammount of rng?

Why not make maps where every tank can play and contribute with something towards a victory?

Why not introduce bots at lower tiers, so you can have enough tanks spread in all tiers to be able to make a MM where in every 3'rd game you would be top tier?

Why not rebalance/buff a lot of old tanks, instead of introducing new OP premiums that powercreep the hell out of the old ones?

Edited by Laur_Balaur_XD, 18 April 2019 - 04:44 PM.

BravelyRanAway #10 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23510 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 18 April 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

Good point. Also it might be abused by players. Would be nice to give my platoon members some extra stuff every battle :D

It could easily be tweaked to stop platoon or clan members rewarding each other.

barison1 #11 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41665 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
it might be a nice thing to add but suspect there will be bunch issues with it to implement as people will beg ingame to be rewarded and creating endless loop of positive reporting just for the items and not for what it was intended

etody77 #12 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 71538 battles
  • [RO-3V] RO-3V

Why to be positive?

I still play bad tanks, i still lose games,

Joke

We have wheeled, but no Puma

The gun handling on my T34 is still the same like i have the tzpe 5 derp gun on that tank...

It's world of tanks, no place for wheels, but no Östwind here...Btw, that could be a very nice car hunter...

I can be positive without rewards, i was in some ocasions

Kennel_Dog #13 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13540 battles

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 18 April 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

Everything can be abused, we have all seen the guy that tries to get somebody reported at the start of a game, etc. But, a limit of ten, same as complaints would seem reasonable and match the complaints. And the rewards don't have to be so good that it makes it worth abusing, just something that a player can have some good feels about when received. Again, to promote TEAMWORK.

The best example I can give and what got me thinking about it was a game I played today.

Two arty kept me alive and fighting against 3 tanks. They could have look at my situation and thought, that guy is screwed, lets focus somewhere else. They didn't and the ground was held. I went on to kill 2 more enemy tanks and we pulled a win from a bad game.

15:47 Added after 1 minute

View PostLaur_Balaur_XD, on 18 April 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

Hmmm, you ever thought about decreasing the frustration in this game that basically is the only thing that leads to negativity?

Why not limit or completely remove indirect fire?

Why not reduce the ammount of rng?

Why not make maps where every tank can play and contribute with something towards a victory?

Why not introduce bots at lower tiers, so you can have enough tanks spread in all tiers to be able to make a MM where in every 3'rd game you would be top tier?

Why not rebalance/buff a lot of old tanks, instead of introducing new OP premiums that powercreep the hell out of the old ones?

Honestly you just seem to see the negative in everything.

BravelyRanAway #14 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23510 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostKennel_Dog, on 18 April 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

....as well as going off on a tangent.

Tyburn #15 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12945 battles
Love this idea. Not everyone that plays this game is a grouchy negative troll. I often PM players after a battle (from either team) for play that was impressive in one way or another. You know, as we mature, giving is so much more rewarding than receiving ;)

Laur_Balaur_XD #16 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37100 battles

View PostKennel_Dog, on 18 April 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

No, i am just realist and see the problems that need to be fixed - instead of living in a bubble of 'safe space' where everything in the world is wonderful.

No offense. I get it that you would like to see a game where people are civilized and relaxed - but it is very unlikely for this to happen in a PvP online game that has always based his income on frustrating the players.

- you encounter a bad tank along a tech-tree? Use the credit card, convert some xp and skip it. Or don't do that and suffer the pain of grinding it.

- you want to play something in tier 8? Good luck with a non-premium tank... Better buy a premium that is straight better than the tech-tree varian and enjoy the game.

- you want to play tier 10? Ohhh, everyone spams gold ammo... So you better get that premium account and even some premium tanks to grind some credits so you can afford to spam gold also.

Also the game has become so arcade that i am sure the average age of the playerbase has gone down a lot. And guess what, a game full of people @30 yo is much more civilized and chill than a game full of 15yo that have screaming hormones.

Right now i thing the chill people who like more realistic, slow and tactical games are in WT.

The scum of frustrated noobs is in AW (at least there they can fight against AI, and usually lose even then).

So in WOT we have old players that have invested too much time and is hard for them to give up on this game, and the new players that have no reason or modality to learn to play good. Also probably kids that like to run around and shoot things.

Tyburn #17 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:13 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12945 battles

View PostLaur_Balaur_XD, on 18 April 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

No, i am just realist and see the problems that need to be fixed - instead of living in a bubble of 'safe space' where everything in the world is wonderful.

No offense. I get it that you would like to see a game where people are civilized and relaxed - but it is very unlikely for this to happen in a PvP online game that has always based his income on frustrating the players.

- you encounter a bad tank along a tech-tree? Use the credit card, convert some xp and skip it. Or don't do that and suffer the pain of grinding it.

- you want to play something in tier 8? Good luck with a non-premium tank... Better buy a premium that is straight better than the tech-tree varian and enjoy the game.

- you want to play tier 10? Ohhh, everyone spams gold ammo... So you better get that premium account and even some premium tanks to grind some credits so you can afford to spam gold also.

Also the game has become so arcade that i am sure the average age of the playerbase has gone down a lot. And guess what, a game full of people @30 yo is much more civilized and chill than a game full of 15yo that have screaming hormones.

Right now i thing the chill people who like more realistic, slow and tactical games are in WT.

The scum of frustrated noobs is in AW (at least there they can fight against AI, and usually lose even then).

So in WOT we have old players that have invested too much time and is hard for them to give up on this game, and the new players that have no reason or modality to learn to play good. Also probably kids that like to run around and shoot things.

Your points are valid ... negative though. There is positivity still in this game. Played for 3 hrs after midnight last night and not one single game did anyone slag each other off in chat. Only comments were positive. It was fantastic. Serious. Intense. Tactical. Everything an old fart would want from the game. Giving an option to praise would be great but honestly just being appreciative in game or via PM is enough.

PayMore #18 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25123 battles
  • [BWAH] BWAH

View PostKennel_Dog, on 18 April 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

I would like to see some positive options in the "complaints" drop down for players in game, everything on there is negative. I cant tell you the amount of games I have played were a players has done really well or just supported the team to pull off fantastic wins and I have always felt that player deserved more than a "GG" at the end of it all.

Having some positive selections in the drop down and maybe connecting them to some kind of reward (Some consumables, etc) would be a nice addition to the game IMO.

Thoughts ?

Even if a dogshite looks like snickers and you treat it like a snickers it wont taste like it.

arthurwellsley #19 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:16 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53389 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostKennel_Dog, on 18 April 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

Thoughts ?

Oh look someone else came up with this idea and posted it on the forum as recently as 30th March 2019 = http://forum.worldof...9#entry16775849

and as I said there, it is a nice idea but it has two problems;

(1) Beggars in chat crying for it (even if they are not actually very good), offering to upvote you, if you up vote them.

(2) Manipulation by large groups aka all the despicable cheaters who ruined a decent game mode to cheat their way to that cursed badge of dishonour the T22-SR.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 18 April 2019 - 05:16 PM.

Tyburn #20 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12945 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 18 April 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

Oh look someone else came up with this idea and posted it on the forum as recently as 30th March 2019 = http://forum.worldof...9#entry16775849

and as I said there, it is a nice idea but it has two problems;

(1) Beggars in chat crying for it (even if they are not actually very good), offering to upvote you, if you up vote them.

(2) Manipulation by large groups aka all the despicable cheaters who ruined a decent game mode to cheat their way to that cursed badge of dishonour the T22-SR.

There is normally endless crying in chat already. Begging it’s much more preferable to outright abuse.

If the rewards are minimal - manipulation (you can’t praise your platoon) won’t be worth it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users