The French heavies keep getting progressively worse: 50 100.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Dark_Cloud #1 Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18192 battles
  • [SPL1] SPL1

I started in the BDR for this top of the tree, it was crap stock, but wrecked when fully upgraded.

The ARL was just godly, basically how I recall the old KV-1S working in the +/- 2 times.

Then the M4. No. It's just unusable. It has literally nothing some other tank doesn't do better. It's like a really bad Chi-Ri. But at least it had things others do:

Now I'm in the 50 100 and I'm just going to say it, I am utterly beached. I just don't know what the [edited]could possibly be this things purpose.

For the record, I have everything else besides the 100mm, and I honestly have very little interest in an autoloader that's going to take 20% of the average match length RELOADING ONE MAG.

Let's start with the party trick, the autoloader. It's slow to get the shots in, and it's slow to get them out. The 2,7 reload is simply insufficient (more on this and why later), and the magazine reload is almost manageable. I say almost, because this assumes you're not somewhere where you're unlikely to get shot at, which you're not.

As for why not, the gun. This thing is the single most inaccurate thing I have seen on a tier 8 tank, mind you my money maker is a T-34-3 which I would be confident sniping with at 400 meters, where as with the 50 100 I am not confident shooting at... Well any range. The bloom is just downright ridiculous, and rotating the turret 9 shots out of 10 are going to hit the ground when pointing at the barn wall. From the inside.

Sniping is just... No. It does not work, that's the end of that discussion.

Then is the mobility. Okay, it turns nicely. Yippee? Forward though, you hear people ranting and raving about how fast their wee 50 is, it is all fake news. An IS-3 will kep pace or outrun this. 

A hp/t rating of 17 is just not enough when you have no armor. Literally could be 10/10/10 all around no difference was made.

And no, do not come and tell me what you can """"""""""""""""clip"""""""""""""""""" when you can't actually be out in the open of a front line for 2 seconds if living is in the set of actions you plan to take. Most "clipping" attempts results in 500 damage and a dead 50 100.

Essentially this tanks one forte is sitting with the artillery for 10 minutes and hoping the enemy team won, but only so barely that you can stomp them no questions asked. The problem with this is that there has never been, and there never will be a tank that does not excel in this.

So what the [edited]is this tanks purpose? It's a big black burning piece of [edited]lawn decor is what. [edited]garden gnome for a tank.

Edited by Dark_Cloud, 18 April 2019 - 09:25 PM.

cro001 #2 Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:36 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32610 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
It's great platoon tank.

Dark_Cloud #3 Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:38 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18192 battles
  • [SPL1] SPL1

View Postcro001, on 18 April 2019 - 11:36 PM, said:

It's great platoon tank.

You are just such a helpful individual.

I'm solo grinding the thing for top of tree.

This knowledge is going to just propel me to heights unknown now.

You did it.

cro001 #4 Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:05 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32610 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDark_Cloud, on 19 April 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

You are just such a helpful individual.

I'm solo grinding the thing for top of tree.

This knowledge is going to just propel me to heights unknown now.

You did it.

Didn't realize you could nitpick feedback given to you. Say, why don't you ignore my post and follow what other's advice?

Hamburger_Time #5 Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:18 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 21370 battles
  • [BC-V] BC-V

I read the advice given to you by @cro001 and yes I agree, this advice is not in the least bit helpful, and I can only apologize for my fellow forum users' lack of effort in assisting you with your important problem.

I, however, will try by best to assist you in this effort: Gud platon tenk.   

Gruff_ #6 Posted 19 April 2019 - 05:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

To excel with this tank you need reliable team mates, playing in a platoon will help somewhat with this, but you can still try to put the same ideas into effect whilst you play solo.  Follow your heavy/mediums and wait (which you have to a while anyway with the 48 sec clipload :mellow:) for opportunities where the enemy has either fired or are distracted turning the other way to unload a few into them.  Skulk away whilst reloading, depending on situation you can poke and respot closer targets for backline TD/arty, perhaps relocate to other flank or if you aren't facing too many tanks take a hit or two and use some hp to help your team mates. 

I ground this out to use in team battles/clan wars and am by no means a great player in it at all but take her out for a spin now and then, if you can stay alive (hardest part for me!) it does do well towards endgame.  It could really use a shorter reload and less shell in the clip like the premium version.  It is a frustrating tank but you can get some good gasmes just perhaps not as consistantly as other tier 8 heavies.  One tip is try not to be greedy and think I must get off all my shots, it's ok to use 3/4 and reload the full 6 it's certainly one I wish I could master better. 

Edited by Gruff_, 19 April 2019 - 05:38 PM.

Steeleye_Spam #7 Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33739 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Well, it helps a lot that I've had a 70%wr so far, but I really like it. You do not play on the front line. You do not trade. You support and wait until the mid game to start knocking off damaged tanks by using its mobility to flank. The reload time gives you lots of time to plan your next move, which stops you being too aggressive. You will miss a lot of shots from distance in the early parts of the game, but c'est la vie.

Rokim #8 Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29214 battles

View PostDark_Cloud, on 18 April 2019 - 08:18 PM, said

So what the [edited]is this tanks purpose? It's a big black burning piece of [edited]lawn decor is what. [edited]garden gnome for a tank.

U dont like tank with 2013 stats and never buffed till today? No problemo dude, 45€ premium shop lorraine or somua

Thlurp #9 Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13084 battles

I loved it, but I grinned it quite a while ago.

its like some already said, a support tank and not a frontliner

don't rush forward even if you can, try to stay behind and wait for the battle to evolve, so you know where to go

it's a beast if played right...
you can 1 clip ANY tier 8 competitor if you pen all shots

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users