Jump to content


What is the best Tank for..?


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

The_Naa #1 Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:43 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5910 battles
  • 821
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

Hello :)

 

i have been doing some weird ''Reverse up hill sidescraping'' thing or something like that, in ghost town :P

Spoiler

omething like this…

i go up the hill and use my gun elevation to shoot targets.

 

but what tank would be the best choice in any or all tier(s) to make this more effective?

i had better success in my 112 when i tried this, but im sure there would be better tank for this.

and if there is any good Chinese tanks that comes to mind let me know.

as its way better than trying to depress my gun, this way the gun elevation gets it moment of glory. :izmena:



XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:50 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 3,783
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

This way the turret armor gets its moment of glory as you essentially being hull down. Good positioning on this map btw. :great:

 

Basically any tank with good turret and bad gun depression is perfect for this. Just make sure not to expose the engine deck because that's an overmatch most of the times.


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 18 April 2019 - 09:51 PM.


upsetti_spaghetti #3 Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:51 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11971 battles
  • 171
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013
Art can hit you in there, but any tank with a good turret is good.

The_Naa #4 Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:03 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5910 battles
  • 821
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View Postupsetti_spaghetti, on 18 April 2019 - 09:51 PM, said:

Art can hit you in there, but any tank with a good turret is good.

 

if you look at the picture you see a big roof on top of me.

Spoiler

 

21:04 Added after 0 minutes

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 18 April 2019 - 09:50 PM, said:

This way the turret armor gets its moment of glory as you essentially being hull down. Good positioning on this map btw. :great:

 

Basically any tank with good turret and bad gun depression is perfect for this. Just make sure not to expose the engine deck because that's an overmatch most of the times.

 

i bet WZ-120 and T-34-3 would do great in this spot and they could get there fast as well.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:14 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 3,783
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostThe_Naa, on 18 April 2019 - 11:03 PM, said:

i bet WZ-120 and T-34-3 would do great in this spot and they could get there fast as well.

 

Of course they'll be great and getting hull down in that particular spot or any similar position on any other map is a good thing to know and use at certain times BUT those are mediums, they're not meant to do that as their main task.

 

In this map a more suitable place would be the outer fields. There are places there also to be hull down without needing good gun depression. If you want to fight heavies, sure that's a good spot but that's a frontal engagement.

 

Mediums can do a better job rolling the flanks, creating a deadly crossfire and winning the game.



The_Naa #6 Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5910 battles
  • 821
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 18 April 2019 - 10:14 PM, said:

 

Of course they'll be great and getting hull down in that particular spot or any similar position on any other map is a good thing to know and use at certain times BUT those are mediums, they're not meant to do that as their main task.

 

In this map a more suitable place would be the outer fields. There are places there also to be hull down without needing good gun depression. If you want to fight heavies, sure that's a good spot but that's a frontal engagement.

 

Mediums can do a better job rolling the flanks, creating a deadly crossfire and winning the game.

 

i have faith in WZ-120's 122 mm 60-122T. if a tier 9 medium cant do it neither can 113.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:38 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 3,783
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostThe_Naa, on 18 April 2019 - 11:31 PM, said:

i have faith in WZ-120's 122 mm 60-122T. if a tier 9 medium cant do it neither can 113.

 

Stubborn doesn't work alone, stubborn also needs the right tool! :)

The_Naa #8 Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:44 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5910 battles
  • 821
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 18 April 2019 - 10:38 PM, said:

 

Stubborn doesn't work alone, stubborn also needs the right tool! :)

 

that's why im here :P

XxKuzkina_MatxX #9 Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:47 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 3,783
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostThe_Naa, on 18 April 2019 - 11:44 PM, said:

that's why im here :P

 

By tool i don't mean just the tank, i also mean the best tactic/use of that tank in my opinion! :)

 

One last thing to add, from the team's composition being in the city with your medium gives your heavies an advantage but makes the flanks weaker by one. A very important one if you're a top tier medium.


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 18 April 2019 - 10:51 PM.


TheDrownedApe #10 Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:57 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 47574 battles
  • 6,054
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 18 April 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

 

One last thing to add, from the team's composition being in the city with your medium gives your heavies an advantage but makes the flanks weaker by one. A very important one if you're a top tier medium.

 

Shame on you Sir!

 

Thinking his 14 team mates will deploy to locations where their strength helps the team. These are RANDOMS 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users