Is Frontline Caricature Mode of This Game?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

oo0oo0oooo0oo0o #1 Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23392 battles

Hello everyone,

well this topic is completely about Frontline Mode but Gameplay has more attraction, so I wanted to create the topic right here. I just wanted to write my observations about Frontline. This is not a cry topic, just wanted to leave my critics.

1) Frontline has restriction for artilleries. Each front can have up to artileries at the same time. We have it because of the balance issues. But question is:

You are restricting artilleries for the game mode but giving 60 players two options of free/utterly irritating artillery reserves? Why? Heavies and TDs have already huge disadvantage against lights and mediums in this mode. Yet you are taking the camping advantages from them. What is the reason for it? You wanted them to ...ed by wheelyies in open area? It is really irritating. You are trying to do sth with for examply a Skorpion G, you are trying to hold a point and Kaboom. Arty reserve hits you, you instantly repair your track to move back. But what happens? Of course instantly another track shot by reserve and you die there. Neither repairing nor moving back works because you are too slow.

2) If you are really caring about balance in this mode, then restrict also wheely ....res. They are disgusting and exxagerating the mode more than artilleries. Their 70% of bodies are invulnerable. Map is huge and open. Hence they are just playing in the field. When there are two platoons of wheelies, it is obviously a loss as defender. FFS, WG doesn't really see this? Progetto was already too much and yet we have more disgusting one now.

3) Make rank table better. Sometimes I finish the match just at the end of a rank so I get the same point. Fresh Captain Rank and Almost Major Rank shouldn't get the same point. It is really frustrating.

4) Let base guns have more HPs. Two Progettes get it down before enemy can reach them. 

5) Change this mode's name from Frontline to ProggWheelyLine. It fits much better.

6) Wheeled Cars are the most disgusting thing that WG has ever done in this game.

Thanks.

shikaka9 #2 Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 67278 battles
  • [SWM] SWM
not caricature, more like "Kids mode" :)

gpalsson #3 Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:12 PM

General

• Player
  • 24477 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Git

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:14 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

Personally i don't like the mode mostly because the reasons you mentioned. Arty and air strikes, unbalanced map for the attackers and defenders, the single dimension gameplay, etc.

But i think of FL mode as a place where you can make a lot of credits if you need to, grind stock tier 8s, maybe collect free XP for modules, grind your way to some rewards if you've the time and patience for that.

Nothing more than that and i hope the mode doesn't die anytime soon because there won't be too much options after that.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 20 April 2019 - 05:20 PM.

erotic_hamster #5 Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 480 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 20 April 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

Git

gud

gpalsson #6 Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:20 PM

General

• Player
  • 24477 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 20 April 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

Personally i don't like the mode mostly because the reasons you mentioned. Arty and air strikes, unbalanced map for the attackers and defenders, the single dimension gameplay, etc.

But i think of FL mode as a place where you can make a lot of credits if you need to, grind stock tier 8s, maybe collect free XP for modules, grind your way to some rewards if you've the time and patience for that.

Nothing more than that and i hope the mode doesn't die soon because there will be too much options after that.

I think it's a pretty good mode with some flaws like too many indirect damage possibilities, but the main annoyance are the brain dead teams and no amount of balance will make up for that I think. It's a fun mode and I kind of enjoy grinding for the emil tank. 

The tier 9 is probably going to be some trash TD or heavy, but the mode is fundamentally fun because it's just tier 8s IMO.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:26 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View Postgpalsson, on 20 April 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

I think it's a pretty good mode with some flaws like too many indirect damage possibilities, but the main annoyance are the brain dead teams and no amount of balance will make up for that I think. It's a fun mode and I kind of enjoy grinding for the emil tank. 

The tier 9 is probably going to be some trash TD or heavy, but the mode is fundamentally fun because it's just tier 8s IMO.

Well i don't agree that 'some flaws' cut it when there is only one map in rotation. Given the currently relaxed tier 8 MM in randoms, at least in my experience, i don't find playing that mode very appealing except for the reasons i already mentioned.

Beside grinding credits, crews or stock tier 8s i don't personally think of an incentive to play the same map for 3-4 hours daily under a shower of HE. Well apart from weaponizing autism of course! :)

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 20 April 2019 - 02:33 PM.

gpalsson #8 Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:33 PM

General

• Player
  • 24477 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 20 April 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

Well i don't agree that 'some flaws' cut it when there is only one map in rotation. Given the currently relaxed tier 8 MM in randoms, at least in my experience, i don't find playing that mode very appealing except for the reasons i already mentioned.

Beside grinding credits, crews or stock tier 8s i don't personally think of a reason to play the same map for 3-4 hours daily under a shower of HE. Well apart from weaponizing autism of course! :)

Heh, "some flaws" are miles better than what WG usually produces so I tam just happy it isn't another completely terrible mode.

They can actually build on FL and fix it, unlike many other fail-modes with over the years.

Sure it needs more maps, WG also knows this and are on their way with another map but I do believe in giving some praise where due. 

Too bad though. I don't really think WG will disallow arty or nerf their allowed consumables which is tragic considering how good the mode would be if they did that.

Edited by gpalsson, 20 April 2019 - 02:33 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #9 Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:45 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View Postgpalsson, on 20 April 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

Heh, "some flaws" are miles better than what WG usually produces so I tam just happy it isn't another completely terrible mode.

They can actually build on FL and fix it, unlike many other fail-modes with over the years.

Sure it needs more maps, WG also knows this and are on their way with another map but I do believe in giving some praise where due. 

Too bad though. I don't really think WG will disallow arty or nerf their allowed consumables which is tragic considering how good the mode would be if they did that.

If you mean a relatively good mode compared to previous ones or compared to randoms before the recent MM changes then definitely yes it's far better.

The map design and the amount of HE consumables are severely limiting the play style and the number of viable tanks though as you already said.

undutchable80 #10 Posted 20 April 2019 - 03:19 PM

Major

• Player
  • 10320 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Dont get why the Defenders only get 2 resupply points at the objectives line and attacking team has 3.

WindSplitter1 #11 Posted 20 April 2019 - 03:58 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18728 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

I once got 8K dmg in a Skorpion while attacking B area before we finally capped. We on ofc.

Spotted twice, shot only once. In front of the repair point.

If anything, TDs need to be limited like SPGs are, but obviously not the same vehicle cap. I do agree that HTs need more authority in FL.

gpalsson #12 Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:32 PM

General

• Player
  • 24477 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postundutchable80, on 20 April 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Dont get why the Defenders only get 2 resupply points at the objectives line and attacking team has 3.

This combined with retarded defender spawns and B being too easy to attack because of stupid TD nest and C being too hard to attack because no cover makes the map dynamics a bit stale and defending un-fun.

Bordhaw #13 Posted 20 April 2019 - 06:26 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13572 battles

View Postoo0oo0oooo0oo0o, on 20 April 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

well this topic is completely about Frontline Mode but Gameplay has more attraction, so I wanted to create the topic right here. I just wanted to write my observations about Frontline. 

Thanks.

Guess you missed this then..

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/forum/3023-frontlines/

250swb #14 Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:06 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23230 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postgpalsson, on 20 April 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

I think it's a pretty good mode with some flaws like too many indirect damage possibilities, but the main annoyance are the brain dead teams and no amount of balance will make up for that I think. 

Any game mode attracts the players it deserves, you can't separate Frontline from stupidity in the same way you can't separate a duck from it's quack, one thing generates the other.

The worrying thing for everybody should be increasing numbers of players playing in Randoms in the same way. 

HanZi #15 Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46976 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

View Postshikaka9, on 20 April 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

not caricature, more like "Kids mode" :)

Kids with cheats mode.

the_nebuchadnezzar #16 Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52135 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

FrontLine was great... last year. But now, I don't enjoy playing it no more. I use it for credits and for the rewards though. Made 16 mil this week and got to prestige lvl 5. Still, I expect WG to do more than they already anounce if they wish to keep this mode alive. 

HassenderZerhacker #17 Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:36 AM

Major

• Player
  • 29144 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View Postoo0oo0oooo0oo0o, on 20 April 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

Hello everyone,

well this topic is completely about Frontline Mode but Gameplay has more attraction, so I wanted to create the topic right here. I just wanted to write my observations about Frontline. This is not a cry topic, just wanted to leave my critics.

1) Frontline has restriction for artilleries. Each front can have up to artileries at the same time. We have it because of the balance issues. But question is:

You are restricting artilleries for the game mode but giving 60 players two options of free/utterly irritating artillery reserves? Why? Heavies and TDs have already huge disadvantage against lights and mediums in this mode. Yet you are taking the camping advantages from them. What is the reason for it? You wanted them to ...ed by wheelyies in open area? It is really irritating. You are trying to do sth with for examply a Skorpion G, you are trying to hold a point and Kaboom. Arty reserve hits you, you instantly repair your track to move back. But what happens? Of course instantly another track shot by reserve and you die there. Neither repairing nor moving back works because you are too slow.

2) If you are really caring about balance in this mode, then restrict also wheely ....res. They are disgusting and exxagerating the mode more than artilleries. Their 70% of bodies are invulnerable. Map is huge and open. Hence they are just playing in the field. When there are two platoons of wheelies, it is obviously a loss as defender. FFS, WG doesn't really see this? Progetto was already too much and yet we have more disgusting one now.

3) Make rank table better. Sometimes I finish the match just at the end of a rank so I get the same point. Fresh Captain Rank and Almost Major Rank shouldn't get the same point. It is really frustrating.

4) Let base guns have more HPs. Two Progettes get it down before enemy can reach them. 

5) Change this mode's name from Frontline to ProggWheelyLine. It fits much better.

6) Wheeled Cars are the most disgusting thing that WG has ever done in this game.

Thanks.

everything they re-touch turns to crap.

frontline was great before, now one of the reasons I provisionally stopped playing

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #18 Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6127 battles

Camping aimbots hate frontline

Good

No corridor tanks

Good

Randoms are still available, so you can play them if you want to

Good

Its all good, if you don't like one mode, you play the other

Excellent

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 21 April 2019 - 10:24 AM.

FlashSaviorOfTheUniverse #19 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35328 battles
  • [C_W_B] C_W_B
I love frontline. If I could I would play only frontline. Was able to get general playing TS-5 from start to finish, attacking. Got my crew that we got with TS-5 to 50% of 3rd skill. But tbh its such  a pain to play front with a slow tank, but new crew is worth. Front is amazing for crew and credits.

ValkyrionX #20 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49597 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

the FL mode is one of the best things that the wg has done for tiers 8 in these years, difficult to take the parts of the wg, but when they do something positive it must be said

As usual, some disgruntled children must complain about something.

If you are not able to deal with an ebr75 or a lynx and you are not able to penetrate it obviously you do not know how to aim at the hull of a vehicle or predict its movement whenever possible

The arty are limited and rightly so, as far as arty strikes and air strikes are useful components that make the game more variable and avoid too much tds camping, especially in the most obvious locations

Whoever says that he is bombarded all the time by these blows or by the arty evidently does not know how the spotting system works or he play too aggressively thinking he is a Highlander.

Placing a restriction on wheeled vehicles does not make any logical sense, then other types of tanks should also be limited, given the continued spam of premium vehicles such as: skorpion, su130, progetto, defender, is3a, lorr40t, elc90 etc etc

Stop talking crap.

The final objectives have the right HP , the only thing to do to improve them is their side armor to make them less vulnerable to light vehicle attacks

Rising in rank is very easy, it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to do xp quickly, both in attack and in defense.

Getting the general rank, major or even captain even in a game where you lose is quite easy.

This thread is yet another whimper of a frustrated player, so it's completely useless

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users