Why would people in Frontline destroy the pillboxes so early?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

RoCCrusader94EU #1 Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8245 battles
  • [LERPS] LERPS

TBH I think it's completely incomprehensive for me that so many players destroyed the pillbox so fast and rapidly. Even it's really usual to see that after one single line has broken, then tons of speedy tanks form a lemming train, then all of the 3 pillboxes gets destroyed, leaving the highest rank in the battlefield stay at Captain.

How could those people never realize the core of Frontline mode gameplay is getting higher ranks together, so we can grind the Frontline progress quickly? After all the frontline progress bar is affected by ranks only. I have encountered many times that I win with a Sergeant rank or one shot to General with 5-7 mins left. It's so annoying.

Mandol_1 #2 Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15148 battles
To many players have to little understanding of the game mode.
IF only those big streamers on youtube would take the subject up and inform the players how it really works, but untill then we just have to accept the situation.
It seems it doesn´t help much we normal people are telling others… Now a day you have to be famous before anyone starts listening.

A good group of people feel with you so you aint alone :)

Edited by Mandol_1, 21 April 2019 - 10:54 AM.

Elleriel #3 Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 28342 battles
  • [1RCB] 1RCB

As Mandol says just because people don't use their brain and just rush win.

Gremlin182 #4 Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:59 AM

General

• Player
  • 54212 battles

Sounds crazy to have a battle mode where winning isnt rewarded as much as keeping the game going longer.

Imagine random battles where you get a better reward if you don't kill all the enemy tanks or cap the base quickly but just drive around till there is a minute left on the clock then finish.

The points system would seem to be flawed and players want to exploit it.

Makes FL kind of pointless

RoCCrusader94EU #5 Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8245 battles
  • [LERPS] LERPS

View PostMandol_1, on 21 April 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

To many players have to little understanding of the game mode.
IF only those big streamers on youtube would take the subject up and inform the players how it really works, but untill then we just have to accept the situation.
It seems it doesn´t help much we normal people are telling others… Now a day you have to be famous before anyone starts listening.

A good group of people feel with you so you aint alone :)

Thanks my bud, I always try to explain what I think to them, but it seems that literacy is a problem among frontline players too, and English is not my native language. Another awful situation I even encounter several times is, some goddamn maggots push me out of the cap circle:angry:, so they can gain more experience. Meanwhile, TK is totally disabled in Frontline... 

Mandol_1 #6 Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15148 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 21 April 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

Sounds crazy to have a battle mode where winning isnt rewarded as much as keeping the game going longer.

Imagine random battles where you get a better reward if you don't kill all the enemy tanks or cap the base quickly but just drive around till there is a minute left on the clock then finish.

The points system would seem to be flawed and players want to exploit it.

Makes FL kind of pointless

What are you talking about?
You get HUGH rewards for winning in this mode. Problem is people dont know how to win… The moment you reach GENERAL you have won.
I like this mode since its more based on personal glory instead of normal mode where you are doomed by your teams efford. In normal mode you can have an awesome game but still end up lossing everything on the floor due to your team, while in FL, if you have an awesome game and no backup from your team you still get rewarded for your great work.

Denisian #7 Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:14 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8274 battles

If I wanted to answer that question honestly, OP, I would probably get a ban.

View PostGremlin182, on 21 April 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

Some people only care about WN8 so they do get better rewards by farming damage in random battles rather than trying to close the game fast. Hopefully WG can balance the game mode for the next episode cause currently it can be called "Mario Tank Racer".

Mr_Beefy #8 Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25201 battles
  • [OZ77] OZ77

I blame WG for not forcing players to go through a tutorial before entering FL.

Plus, the fact that you can be 1 shot from General and not get extra credit for that (Major +, Colonel/Lt. Colonel) is unfair.

Fast caps and fast pillbox destruction should not be allowed.

VerticalBird_ #9 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26049 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP
I haven't had a problem with this at all. If the game ends in 15 minutes I still get Captain at least. It's basically the same points-wise as playing the full 28 minutes and getting General. Of course the main focus should be getting ranks, but if some idiots go and destroy some stupid boxes rather than shooting tanks, it's fine for me and gg go next.

Mr_Beefy #10 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25201 battles
  • [OZ77] OZ77

View PostVerticalBird_, on 21 April 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

I haven't had a problem with this at all. If the game ends in 15 minutes I still get Captain at least. It's basically the same points-wise as playing the full 28 minutes and getting General. Of course the main focus should be getting ranks, but if some idiots go and destroy some stupid boxes rather than shooting tanks, it's fine for me and gg go next.

You do realize that you spend 15 minutes at least on a game in which if the players had, collectively, 10 more IQ points, your would get 900 points to 1200 points instead of 350-700?

XBlackMagicX #11 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22573 battles
  • [D-I-C] D-I-C

View PostMr_Beefy, on 21 April 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

You do realize that you spend 15 minutes at least on a game in which if the players had, collectively, 10 more IQ points, your would get 900 points to 1200 points instead of 350-700?

You are right but my main intention of playing FL is to millk those credits, with credit reserves and with 7K/8K plus damage I can make up to 300k credits... But my train of thoguht is that let us say for EG we are attacking and we storm through B then E once the 'objectives are unlocked' the defenders will rush back to defend the pillarboxes thus partly abandoning the rest of the caps so then in turn gives more cap time for more damage farming. This is my logic however it all still depends on how players react. Honestly I look at FL really strategically as it is a Frontline lol.

Dex022 #12 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49291 battles

View PostRoCCrusader94EU, on 21 April 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

TBH I think it's completely incomprehensive for me that so many players destroyed the pillbox so fast and rapidly. Even it's really usual to see that after one single line has broken, then tons of speedy tanks form a lemming train, then all of the 3 pillboxes gets destroyed, leaving the highest rank in the battlefield stay at Captain.

How could those people never realize the core of Frontline mode gameplay is getting higher ranks together, so we can grind the Frontline progress quickly? After all the frontline progress bar is affected by ranks only. I have encountered many times that I win with a Sergeant rank or one shot to General with 5-7 mins left. It's so annoying.

Why? Cause they are morons and mostly bots from randoms that cap encounter games in minute 2.

Ranzir #13 Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49872 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

Maybe because they are playing for the WIN, not doing the salt mine grind to get secret tier 9 tank that is most likely going to suck big time.

You do realise that many people play the mode just for some break from regular randoms, not actually caring about the rank? 

Homer_J #14 Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31416 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRoCCrusader94EU, on 21 April 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

TBH I think it's completely incomprehensive for me that so many players destroyed the pillbox so fast and rapidly.

How terrible that people should want to win. :rolleyes:

Dramya #15 Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13933 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_
There is plenty of information on the Frontline concept explaining every stage of the game mode; how to cap, how to defend and how to win. However, most people playing nowadays do not read up on events like this and they do not know what to do, so they follow the herd even if that herd is doing something stupid.

What most people do not understand it is not about drawing out the game, it is gaining time needed to complete the objective by capping all the cap circles. Usually when only 1 line is broken there is not enough time left to kill all the pillboxes, but people are so focused on getting damage done they won't notice.

What people lack is what they also lack in the regular games, basic insights and tactical skills to make the most out of what is presented to them on the battlefield.

rancidpunk #16 Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48976 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA

8 games today either won or lost with 8 minutes or more time left - stunning lack of even the tiniest grasp of the concept behind gaining ranks.

ThorgrimBrenadim #17 Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31809 battles

Even so called good players are absolutely clueless about FL. I have seen a 8718 and a 9526 personal rating players rush to destroy objectives first with about 8 minutes left on the clock and the 9526 pr player with over 10 min on the clock and only attaining Cpt.

The utter and complete stupidity of players beggars belief in FL. For me the aim is to attain the highest rank possible I have not yet got General but been within 1-3 shots at least half a dozen times and the number of major ranks I have missed is too many to keep count.

I honestly think some players are deliberately doing everything they can to end the game as quick as they can to stop players gaining higher rank.

But wargamming will do nothing just like they have in reality done nothing about the arty problem, and like they will do nothing about WV or in FL players spawn camping. Just like they allow the most toxic vehicle in wot when defending to sit in a zone you can not enter or you get auto destroyed ( well done wargamming yet again you show you have zero ability and zero knowledge about how to balance a game to encourage players to play more and to interest potential new players ).

sniper_pixie #18 Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 56209 battles
I'm one of those people that goes for the pillboxes. Captain in 10 minutes, thank you very much. More efficient than a half hour game for general.

akaitora #19 Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18594 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Because they make the (reasonable) assumption that killing the MAIN OBJECTIVE will get you rewarded properly, which it doesn't.

It's a trap of game design that killing the objective is actually not good for account progression (what ur actually looking after)

Edited by akaitora, 23 April 2019 - 11:40 AM.

Hamburger_Time #20 Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:48 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 19633 battles
*edited

Edited by AngryCombatWombat, 22 April 2019 - 06:29 PM.
Nonconstructive content

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users