Jump to content


Light tank problem


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

ccoolliinn_1 #1 Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:50 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14462 battles
  • 110
  • [-DOG_] -DOG_
  • Member since:
    10-16-2013

Light tanks are a struggle for me and the T28 HTC missions are a problem. Completed all other classes with two orders from MT and TD but now have the lights to finish. Need to do LT12, 13, 14 and 15, maybe able to do 12 to 14 with the lights I have but T15 I'm going to struggle.

Do I complete 12 to 14 and then try to get orders by completing HT and SPG 15 with honours or go back and do Stug iv LT15 and releasing the five orders I have stuck there.

My lights are AMX 13-57, T50-2, Type64 and AMX ELS bis. All good but 4000 damage maybe too much. Do I need a higher tier, higher alpha tank. :confused:



Ringo_Star #2 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:00 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 57527 battles
  • 94
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
  • Member since:
    11-03-2010
It is 4000 dmg + assist combined. So you can do that in amx 13 57. Just wait for some good map and focus on spotting.

Edited by Ringo_Star, 21 April 2019 - 12:01 PM.


MeetriX #3 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:02 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 22238 battles
  • 3,463
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

All you need is a bit of luck. Right map with right team(s).

I did mine with Chaffee on Malinovka, top tier 5/10 MM Did not even break a sweat.


Edited by MeetriX, 21 April 2019 - 12:03 PM.


ccoolliinn_1 #4 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:13 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14462 battles
  • 110
  • [-DOG_] -DOG_
  • Member since:
    10-16-2013

View PostRingo_Star, on 21 April 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

It is 4000 dmg + assist combined. So you can do that in amx 13 57. Just wait for some good map and focus on spotting.

 

With al the wheeled tanks in the game spotting is hard now that's why I'm thinking of doing Stug iv Lt 15 again to release the orders + its only 3000 dmg. All the lights I have are low alpha so its out of my control somewhat. 
11:15 Added after 1 minute

View PostMeetriX, on 21 April 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

All you need is a bit of luck. Right map with right team(s).

I did mine with Chaffee on Malinovka, top tier 5/10 MM Did not even break a sweat.

 

Did you spot active or passive.

Rataplan #5 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:21 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18508 battles
  • 427
  • [USAW] USAW
  • Member since:
    06-09-2011

Malinovka is THE map for passive spotting in the beginning. Just go for the magic bush and see the spotting damage racking up (unless you team doesn't bother shooting the enemy of course :teethhappy:).

 



LordMuffin #6 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:21 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 50464 battles
  • 12,400
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View Postccoolliinn_1, on 21 April 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

 

With al the wheeled tanks in the game spotting is hard now that's why I'm thinking of doing Stug iv Lt 15 again to release the orders + its only 3000 dmg. All the lights I have are low alpha so its out of my control somewhat. 
11:15 Added after 1 minute

 

Did you spot active or passive.

I do both depending on map and situation at hand.

I also try to spot when my allies are able to shoot. And spot targets they can actually hit.

So if I got many allies aiming down at one area, that is the area I am interested in spotting, I am not interested in spotting an area where non of my tanks are aiming.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:23 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 3,783
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016
  • Type 64 with some gold.
  • Good map.
  • Bad teams (both yours and the enemy).
  • Spot passively for 3-4 minutes in the battle and then start looking for targets to do damage.
  • Mission accomplished.


MeetriX #8 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:25 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 22238 battles
  • 3,463
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View Postccoolliinn_1, on 21 April 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

 

With al the wheeled tanks in the game spotting is hard now that's why I'm thinking of doing Stug iv Lt 15 again to release the orders + its only 3000 dmg. All the lights I have are low alpha so its out of my control somewhat. 
11:15 Added after 1 minute

 

Did you spot active or passive.

 

As passive as possible. :D

 

I remembered wrong.

LT15.2 AMX 12T

http://wotreplays.eu...eetrix-amx_12_t

 

 

Lt14.2 was with the Chaffee

http://wotreplays.eu...rix-m24_chaffee

 

Copy/paste battles.

 

Map is changed after these.



Gremlin182 #9 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:31 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 54212 battles
  • 8,926
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

I want my Team to do the damage and me to spot.

The perfect map is Malinovka and ideally the north spawn.

Higher tier the better

4k spotting fairly common and double that is not impossible.

I know I have done over 7k a few times and there are better light tank players than me.

 

I want a light tank with extremely good camo and set up to have max view range.

So I have optics and Binoculars camo net camo paint.

Crew ideally BIA Concealment Situational awareness and recon



ccoolliinn_1 #10 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:39 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14462 battles
  • 110
  • [-DOG_] -DOG_
  • Member since:
    10-16-2013
Thanks for the replies, I think I need to up my game and it will happen. But would going back to Stug LT 15 and release five orders be the way to go and complete all remaining T28 HTC missions in one hit.  :unsure:

barison1 #11 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:53 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41665 battles
  • 1,525
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

1357 should be able to do that easely due to pretty high base vr, get malin/proka and sit in the right bushes and it should be done fairly quick

 

may i ask what setup/crew you are running on 1357?



ccoolliinn_1 #12 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:19 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14462 battles
  • 110
  • [-DOG_] -DOG_
  • Member since:
    10-16-2013

View Postbarison1, on 21 April 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

1357 should be able to do that easely due to pretty high base vr, get malin/proka and sit in the right bushes and it should be done fairly quick

 

may i ask what setup/crew you are running on 1357?

 

Crew

Commander BIA, Sixth Sense, Recon.

Gunner BIA, Safe Stowage, Snap Shot.

Diver BIA Concealment, Smooth Ride.

 

Setup

VS, Vents, Optics.

 

Crew may have come from a different tank but haven't used for spotting mainly as a ambush tank with its 700 dmg mag. :D



barison1 #13 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:25 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41665 battles
  • 1,525
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View Postccoolliinn_1, on 21 April 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

 

Crew

Commander BIA, Sixth Sense, Recon.

Gunner BIA, Safe Stowage, Snap Shot.

Diver BIA Concealment, Smooth Ride.

 

Setup

VS, Vents, Optics.

 

Crew may have come from a different tank but haven't used for spotting mainly as a ambush tank with its 700 dmg mag. :D

 

looks pretty solid setup altough would have taken camo over safe stowage for gunner as camo is the "armor" of a light, and SA over recon due to bit higher bonus but it all depends where crew is used aswell

ccoolliinn_1 #14 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:39 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14462 battles
  • 110
  • [-DOG_] -DOG_
  • Member since:
    10-16-2013

View Postbarison1, on 21 April 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

 

looks pretty solid setup altough would have taken camo over safe stowage for gunner as camo is the "armor" of a light, and SA over recon due to bit higher bonus but it all depends where crew is used aswell

 

I have 24% camo, 455 view range. I have better camo on the T50-2 but lower tier so lower damage from spotting.

barison1 #15 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:53 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41665 battles
  • 1,525
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View Postccoolliinn_1, on 21 April 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

 

I have 24% camo, 455 view range. I have better camo on the T50-2 but lower tier so lower damage from spotting.

 

full camo crew should be like 35%, makes you being able to get closer without being spotted and reach more close bushes tho. should be able to boost some spotting capabilities

 

455 vr is pretty good ye



Ringo_Star #16 Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:23 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 57527 battles
  • 94
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
  • Member since:
    11-03-2010

View Postccoolliinn_1, on 21 April 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

 

Crew

Commander BIA, Sixth Sense, Recon.

Gunner BIA, Safe Stowage, Snap Shot.

Diver BIA Concealment, Smooth Ride.

 

Setup

VS, Vents, Optics.

 

Crew may have come from a different tank but haven't used for spotting mainly as a ambush tank with its 700 dmg mag. :D

I would recommend to drop safe stowage and snap shot on the gunner. Take concealment and designated target instead. Designated target is usually overlooked, but it is amazing perk for any scout.

Also 13 57 is superior to WV, if you play smart and little conservative, you can dominate any open map.



ccoolliinn_1 #17 Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:15 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14462 battles
  • 110
  • [-DOG_] -DOG_
  • Member since:
    10-16-2013

View PostRingo_Star, on 21 April 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

I would recommend to drop safe stowage and snap shot on the gunner. Take concealment and designated target instead. Designated target is usually overlooked, but it is amazing perk for any scout.

Also 13 57 is superior to WV, if you play smart and little conservative, you can dominate any open map.

 

Thanks, looks like I need to make some changes. At the moment my skill level is not high enough to do the AMX 13-57 justice, it is a great tank. Funny I seem to do better with it than the 13-75 which I gave up on. Perhaps I should kept with it, would have the B-C 12T by now. :facepalm:

7thSyndicate #18 Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:57 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 45538 battles
  • 421
  • Member since:
    10-09-2012
You need the right map, the right team, and no wheelchairs in the enemy team

ccoolliinn_1 #19 Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:27 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14462 battles
  • 110
  • [-DOG_] -DOG_
  • Member since:
    10-16-2013

shot_039.jpg

 

Getting this a lot, spot at the start but team do nothing end up trying to do myself. :angry:



barison1 #20 Posted 22 April 2019 - 10:33 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41665 battles
  • 1,525
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

just need the right map for it, and ofcourse a team that shoots spotted. isnt first time that you spot half the enemy team and none shoots it (on open maps), sadly it happens but nothing to do about it

nevertheless we all wish you luck for completing the missions :medal:






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users