Elitists in Sunday chat

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

Vilmetzy #1 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9569 battles

It is Sunday. Chat in random battles is full of people with high WN8 rates complaining that people with lower WN8 rates are also playing, "ruining their game". A lot of insults are being thrown around, showing a really toxic community. That can't be good for the game, nor can it be good for Wargaming. They are desperately trying to attract new players, not drive them away.

World of Tanks has a "personal rating", which more or less correlates with WN8. If the highly ranked players can't stand to play with the lower ranked ones, and we don't want the elitists to constantly insult everybody else in chat, why isn't there a type of battle accessible only with a high personal rating? If the good players then still go seal clubbing in the regular random battles, at least they can't complain that the lesser mortals are playing there.

Ricky_Rolls #2 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 70464 battles
  • [H3RT] H3RT
Sweet jesus.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #3 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6264 battles
Don't play above tier 8?

evilchaosmonkey #4 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17698 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
To be frank most of the insults I see in chat are warranted, the tone perhaps not but the fact the player was insulted, yes.

HaZardeur #5 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35581 battles

Usually "real" unicums dont flame as hard as the "fake" try hard rerolls.

Anyway...

DeadLecter #6 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29916 battles
While toxicity is bad, but those good players have a point. Why do you go play high tiers when you can't even handle yourself? Think about this about any other task and you see it makes sense. People play to have fun, right. How are the better players going to have fun when all of their effort goes up in smoke because the worse players don't even know how to shoot the enemy tanks. 
It happens every day. There is a guy behind the bad player and he is trying to shoot someone 500 meters away, ignoring the guy who is 20 feet from him because he doesn't even know that he should look at the mini map. 
I hope the new season of ranked battles solves this so bad players can't make it to top leagues.

Schepel #7 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:40 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 63698 battles

View PostVilmetzy, on 21 April 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

It is Sunday. Chat in random battles is full of people with high WN8 rates complaining that people with lower WN8 rates are also playing, "ruining their game". A lot of insults are being thrown around, showing a really toxic community. That can't be good for the game, nor can it be good for Wargaming. They are desperately trying to attract new players, not drive them away.

World of Tanks has a "personal rating", which more or less correlates with WN8. If the highly ranked players can't stand to play with the lower ranked ones, and we don't want the elitists to constantly insult everybody else in chat, why isn't there a type of battle accessible only with a high personal rating? If the good players then still go seal clubbing in the regular random battles, at least they can't complain that the lesser mortals are playing there.

Did somebody tell you you are bad at the game? Shocking.

Jigabachi #8 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

When I play, I don't only see elitists being elitists, I see all kinds of immature brats being immature brats and even more plain idiots being plain idiots.

Why only complaining about one side of toxicity? And on a sidenote: Those elitists are kida right with what they say - the horrible playerbase is a huge problem in this game.

Edited by Jigabachi, 21 April 2019 - 12:47 PM.

ValkyrionX #9 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49618 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

1. delete the xvm mod cause is useless
  2. turn off the chat
  3. have a good sunday 

barison1 #10 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41665 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

depending on context why they are telling it they might be right

if you see some top tier tank sitting redling behind arty he kinda deserves to be yelled at and such

if it is just some random insult without any context against some bad player who is atleast trying to be in right positions and contribute to the team then i would agree that it is toxic/undeserved

LordMuffin #11 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50464 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I think a better way would be to separate toxic players from non-toxic players.

Ggorc #12 Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6810 battles

View PostDeadLecter, on 21 April 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

While toxicity is bad, but those good players have a point. Why do you go play high tiers when you can't even handle yourself? Think about this about any other task and you see it makes sense. People play to have fun, right. How are the better players going to have fun when all of their effort goes up in smoke because the worse players don't even know how to shoot the enemy tanks. 
It happens every day. There is a guy behind the bad player and he is trying to shoot someone 500 meters away, ignoring the guy who is 20 feet from him because he doesn't even know that he should look at the mini map. 
I hope the new season of ranked battles solves this so bad players can't make it to top leagues.

People play higher tier because it's bad to play vs +2 tanks 8 out of 10 games, i played one day only my tier 9 tank and had much more better game quality.

PayMore #13 Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25123 battles
  • [BWAH] BWAH
This culture that OP is writing about is what WG ferments with wheeeled tanks

7thSyndicate #14 Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45538 battles
I must be the only one missing all that chat action. except for "we lose the game" at the begining usually told by the bad players using xvm

Baldrickk #15 Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31993 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 21 April 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

To be frank most of the insults I see in chat are warranted, the tone perhaps not but the fact the player was insulted criticised, yes.

I see a lot of poor players with hurt feelings when being told that they are playing poorly, no insults required, then complaining about insults. 

Stating facts is not an insult. 

CmdRatScabies #16 Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38475 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBaldrickk, on 21 April 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

Shortcut to a thick lip if ever I saw one.  :hiding:

DeadLecter #17 Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29916 battles

View PostGgorc, on 21 April 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

People play higher tier because it's bad to play vs +2 tanks 8 out of 10 games, i played one day only my tier 9 tank and had much more better game quality.

Look, I have only 11 TX tanks if I remember correctly and on most lines I'm at T7 and T8. I'm constantly against T9 and T10. Yet I rarely have any problems, do you know why? I choose my positions wisely. The problem is not that I'm not able to deal damage. Against +2 you can always damage at least half of the enemy team, the problem is all the noobs in high tier tanks that can't fight a tank that's lower tier than them, let alone fighting a same tier tank. At least that is my problem. I never had a problem even when LTs faced +3 tiers. Choose wisely and use your brain then you can fight +2 tier with no problem. My only problems with MM are, constant 2 and 3 arty per battle + noobs who rushed tiers. After these 2, it's the power creep at TX and T VIII.

Forgot to say that I also was a bad player for a long long time. And got called out a lot for my horrible plays. Instead of coming on the forums and crying about being called out, I got better. That's the problem with people not just in the game but also in life. When you call them out on their behavior, they go A-hole on you for telling the truth rather than trying to fix what needs fixing. Because it's always easier to whine that to improve.

Edited by DeadLecter, 21 April 2019 - 06:11 PM.

Jigabachi #18 Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBaldrickk, on 21 April 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

I see a lot of poor players with hurt feelings when being told that they are playing poorly, no insults required, then complaining about insults. 

Well. True, but there is a big difference between "Dear random player, without all due respect, I'd like to tell you that your skill in this game is rather low." and "OMG noob bob u sux get crabs and something something your mother!!!1", so, sadly, most of the time it is an insult.

gpalsson #19 Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:25 PM

General

• Player
  • 24477 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I don't get half as annoyed by bad teams as I get by "Commander Steve" or "Expert Clickbot Tactician" or "Bush *edited TD With Many Opinions On How To Scout" who will also not limit themselves from shooting friendlies if they don't play the way they want them to play.

Especially LTs are more often than others shot by bot teammates who would never in a 100 years actually be able to win over 50% of games in higher tier LTs but somehow are experts enough to teamkill those on their own team because they "play it wrong".

*edited those people.

Edited by AngryCombatWombat, 21 April 2019 - 07:10 PM.
Inappropriate language

Babbet_1 #20 Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13160 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJigabachi, on 21 April 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

the horrible playerbase is a huge problem in this game.

Perhaps it would be a better game without a playerbase then?  Just a suggestion......:sceptic:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users