Changing the business model of this game

business model money

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Poll: What business model would you recommend for World of Tanks? (10 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What business model would you recommend for World of Tanks?

1. Freemium: free for all, but pay to get access to better features (i.e. leave as is) (6 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. Pay once, play forever: one-time payment to get access to the entire game without paywalls, except for purchases unaffecting game balance (3 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. Subscription: same as pay once, except pay forever (then no reason to beg for more money in cosmetics & such) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Something else? (1 vote [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Hide poll

Alkatraz612 #1 Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9356 battles
  • [LT-F] LT-F

Hi. I'm not very active in any forums, so forgive me if I don't know some unwritten etiquette.

As me and my friends (and maybe you as well) have started seeing, Wargaming has started to push more and more premium tanks to buy, popups encouraging to buy discounted items after a good battle and so on, however, people keep complaining about the game. It seems as if Wargaming doesn't care about what the game's playing experience is like, they just want money out of their players, and it sometimes feels like people are just doing whatever in the game. The player base is shrinking and the developers certainly have noticed, but I don't think the game itself is bad. I think the business model of this game could be greatly improved to return stability to this game, as well as restore an even playing field for all players without having to worry about gold spammers (unfair penetration advantage), overpowered tanks (IS-3A, Defender?) and cheaters.

My question is: would changing the business model help the game out in terms of bringing back the players? If not, what is the root problem of the shrinking player base?

If I'm being unclear, please comment. Thank you.

Also tagged with business, model, money

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users