What to equip on my Panhard AMD 178B

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

seXikanac #1 Posted 22 April 2019 - 12:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13182 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

OK, I almost never play light tanks but I had to unlock Panhard AMD 178B. So what to equip on it, what is the best gun (when I unlock them) and what perks/skills to add to the crew.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 22 April 2019 - 12:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70166 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Any skill and equipment that helps your gun. And odd as it sounds. Repair is not the worst to have on it as a 2nd skill. Vents, rammer and optics are what I ran on mine. It's blind as a bat as is. So you won't get much out of it. But optics can help kick it up to 350. Then Recon etc can do the rest. Rammer for the long reload, and vents to help on both. Load at least 20 HE rounds on the 75mm guns. Just counter lights early on, support your lights that can see and HE spam anything attacking them. As with AP your DPM is terrible to do any 1 on 1 vs scouts. And get a build around bullying in a support role once the enemy lights are gone. HE on soft targets. AP on everything else. Look for isolated slow targets and dance around them. Letting go of "W" when using A or D will make you turn even faster.

Active spotting in that thing is not gonna work. As it's not really that much faster vs some of the tracked lights it faces. But tier for tier vs the other wheeled lights. It's a great bully tank vs a scout. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 22 April 2019 - 12:52 AM.

seXikanac #3 Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13182 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostBalc0ra, on 22 April 2019 - 12:49 AM, said:

Any skill and equipment that helps your gun. And odd as it sounds. Repair is not the worst to have on it as a 2nd skill. Vents, rammer and optics are what I ran on mine. It's blind as a bat as is. So you won't get much out of it. But optics can help kick it up to 350. Then Recon etc can do the rest. Rammer for the long reload, and vents to help on both. Load at least 20 HE rounds on the 75mm guns. Just counter lights early on, support your lights that can see and HE spam anything attacking them. As with AP your DPM is terrible to do any 1 on 1 vs scouts. And get a build around bullying in a support role once the enemy lights are gone. HE on soft targets. AP on everything else. Look for isolated slow targets and dance around them. Letting go of "W" when using A or D will make you turn even faster.

Active spotting in that thing is not gonna work. As it's not really that much faster vs some of the tracked lights it faces. But tier for tier vs the other wheeled lights. It's a great bully tank vs a scout. 

Thanks for answer :D

hoveruss #4 Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19017 battles
  • [T_I_A] T_I_A
Equip it with enough free XP to skip the damnned thing.

ValkyrionX #5 Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49597 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

idk, I'm not grinding the wheeled vehicles .

personally I think I would play it like almost all the other light tanks.

Gun rammer + stabilizer + coated optics + combat rations + directive for bonds on optics

seXikanac #6 Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13182 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View Posthoveruss, on 22 April 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

Equip it with enough free XP to skip the damnned thing.

Is it that crap?
21:28 Added after 4 minutes

View PostBalc0ra, on 22 April 2019 - 12:49 AM, said:

What other skills besides Recon?

Gremlin182 #7 Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:31 PM

General

• Player
  • 54171 battles

Mostly been said but remember on these wheeled vehicles reverse is almost as fast as forward.

I think on the Panhard its the same.

Use that advantage

Oldewolfe #8 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:13 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 521 battles

I set the first 3 in the Line as All about the Gun, so I went Vents, Rammer, Stabilizer....       They're Lousey Scouts all in all, but they do make fairly nice TD'S...         AMD  probably not as much as the Tier 7 and 8, but the Guns are Good enoungh to Fill the Role when Needed....

The Premium I went Gun AND Survivability, so this one went Vents, Stabilizer, and Enhanced Suspension....      ES gives it a 50% Bonus to Wheel/Suspension Health making it much Harder to Slow it Down....     I have Contemplated doing it to the Lynx as well, but it works so well in a TD Role as well as it's more Active/Suicidal Role that I haven't....

Having used my ELC Crew since I really have no Plans to use it again, the Crew is Full camo to Start and I'm Undecided on Mandatory S Skills or BiA.....        I also set my HE as my Primary and my Primary as my Secondary Ammunition, the Premium Ihave in the Last Slot since it's Rare to ever need it.....

Edited by Oldewolfe, 25 April 2019 - 02:14 PM.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70166 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostseXikanac, on 24 April 2019 - 10:24 PM, said:

What other skills besides Recon?

Anything that helps your view range is a bonus ofc. So Recon and situational awareness. But as I said, repair as a 2nd skill is not the worst idea considering how long it takes to get the wheels up. Snap shot on the gunner def helps. Smooth ride on the driver. Anything that helps you shoot when bullying.

seXikanac #10 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13182 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 April 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Anything that helps your view range is a bonus ofc. So Recon and situational awareness. But as I said, repair as a 2nd skill is not the worst idea considering how long it takes to get the wheels up. Snap shot on the gunner def helps. Smooth ride on the driver. Anything that helps you shoot when bullying.

What on commander? 6th sense?

Bora_BOOM #11 Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 26445 battles
  • [DID0] DID0
Wheels messed up the game. Period. 

evilchaosmonkey #12 Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17684 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

Do the game a favour, fit a spall liner please if it allows it.

Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 25 April 2019 - 11:50 PM.

seXikanac #13 Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13182 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostBora_BOOM, on 25 April 2019 - 11:45 PM, said:

Wheels messed up the game. Period. 

Agree

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 25 April 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

Do the game a favour, fit a spall liner please if it allows it.

Oh, you are so funny

Mosjmosh #14 Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40621 battles

The standard kit: vents, optics and gun rammer works very well for this tank.

The 75mm HE pen and general accuracy on the move wrecks other same tier lights and lower tier vehicles.

Takes some time to adjust to the fact that you can't turn like you are used to in normal tanks. It's much faster to just slam it in reverse than trying to make sharp turns.

Mav75 #15 Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33250 battles
I had Rammer, Vents and Optics in mine when I had it.

Dramya #16 Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13899 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

Equipment: Stabilizer, Vents and Optics

Skills: Camo + Sixth Sense, Snapshot, Smooth Ride, Situational Awareness + Repairs (if you are there already)

You are in a very manouverable tank, it doesn't matter that you are not much faster then a fast light tank, you turn on a dime at almost full speed. With this tank you can harrass other tanks, you will be in their faces and you will be always on the move dodging shots. No time to aim or find targets to maximize your DPM because you will be too busy dodging shells, tanks and terrain so you won't flip over. DPM is not your main concern, creating chaos is.

Since you will be on the move all the time your focus should be on maximizing your viewrange and your ability to connect shots on the move. Your viewrange is lacking and you cannot use binos so Vents and Optics is your only option. Stabilizer is to make the shots you do take hit more often. Do not try to take the TD role, you are not equiped for it. Maneuvering from a stand still is not much of an option because you are a wheeled tank, so when you do take a shot and get spotted you have less options to save yourself.

Repairs are a nice add too, you will notice your weels will eat a lot of shells but take a long time to repair with a big impact on your speed and maneuverability, so getting them up faster is a big plus.

N.B. Unrelated to the question but very important if you plan on being the active scout, when you go full throttle you will not "turn on a dime" so to speak but when you release the 'W' key before you steer you will turn way faster while keeping almost all of the speed. Keep that in mind if you are maneuvering like a madman, it will save your life quite a few times. 

Edited by Dramya, 26 April 2019 - 10:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users