Jump to content


Missing shots, bounces and "ghostshots"


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

WFNecromonger #1 Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39381 battles
  • 744
  • [-TTK-] -TTK-
  • Member since:
    02-03-2011

I don't normally post here now because of the trolls but i could do with some info.

 

I have been playing my JPz E100 for the last few days and noticed that nearly all of my shots don't pen (side on to a very much weaker tank) or i am less than 100m away from them fully aimed in taking a nice easy shot when the shot itself goes 10m left or right or 20 above and over the still target .... or today just hits the floor infront of me although i am locked in on the said target.

My crew is on their 3rd (80%) skill.

The start of the week was just pure ghost shots ..... locked in on the still (non moving) target and poof the shot never existed.

 

I have had tier 7 very much weaker tanks where i have shot with ap and gold to no effect, either bounce side on (ffs) or just did not pen ?

I mean are you kidding ?

 

I am toying with the fact that i got an hours ban for a TK .... one teamkills someone who is shooting our team randomly ... strange they do not go blue but i get a ban ....anyhow that's another story but i'm toying with do you get a spiteful nerf for an amount of days/games  after ?

 

any guidance would help (serious help and not trolling thankyou)


Edited by WFNecromonger, 22 April 2019 - 04:08 PM.


Eaglax #2 Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:55 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 19352 battles
  • 3,649
  • Member since:
    01-12-2012
I guess you don't have any replays?

Laatikkomafia #3 Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:01 PM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 23102 battles
  • 4,976
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010
That just sounds like the typical behavior of the JgPz's gun :P

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:24 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32464 battles
  • 3,435
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostWFNecromonger, on 22 April 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

I don't normally post here now because of the trolls but i could do with some info.

 

I have been playing my JPz E100 for the last few days and noticed that nearly all of my shots don't pen (side on to a very much weaker tank) or i am less than 100m away from them fully aimed in taking a nice easy shot when the shot itself goes 10m left or right or 20 above and over the still target .... or today just hits the floor infront of me although i am locked in on the said target.

My crew is on their 3rd (80%) skill.

The start of the week was just pure ghost shots ..... locked in on the still (non moving) target and poof the shot never existed.

 

I have had tier 7 very much weaker tanks where i have shot with ap and gold to no effect, either bounce side on (ffs) or just did not pen ?

I mean are you kidding ?

 

I am toying with the fact that i got an hours ban for a TK .... one teamkills someone who is shooting our team randomly ... strange they do not go blue but i get a ban ....anyhow that's another story but i'm toying with do you get a spiteful nerf for an amount of days/games  after ?

 

any guidance would help (serious help and not trolling thankyou)

 

I'll be happy to provide some guidance for where you may be going wrong.

 

You don't get banned for one shot. Don't shoot the green tanks.



FritzSpiegal #5 Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 20216 battles
  • 101
  • [A-W-F] A-W-F
  • Member since:
    10-13-2016

I expect I'll get shot down or told tin foil hat but I have noticed that when sometimes, when what I thought was a fully aimed shot bounces and I look afterwards at the little battle hits mod, where it shows my shell went isn't where I thought it would have been.

 

Is it possible the server side sees things at a slightly different timescale to what appears on our screens?



NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:32 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32464 battles
  • 3,435
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostFritzSpiegal, on 22 April 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

Is it possible the server side sees things at a slightly different timescale to what appears on our screens?

 

Yes, it's called "Lag". Welcome to the internet. :)

WFNecromonger #7 Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:42 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39381 battles
  • 744
  • [-TTK-] -TTK-
  • Member since:
    02-03-2011

Ive got loads of replays and no i'm not loading them up lol...

or as Fritz says  server lag but then again like i said i've been locked on to the side of a tank and sat waiting for 3 secs .... my son laughs and says jesus Dad that went miles high .... so if he is seeing it too  can it be lag ?

18:44 Added after 1 minute

@ nuclear when another person is shooting several of our team members and does not go blue  and i shoot him twice to stop him ..... something wrong with the system.

 

Dont shoot the Green guys huh ... never of guessed that lol ....



Jigabachi #8 Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:06 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 20,963
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostWFNecromonger, on 22 April 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

Ive got loads of replays and no i'm not loading them up lol...

Then we can't help you. From your previous endeavours here you should know that noone can help you without any kind of visual proof. After all, it could be everything: Lag, your hand being shaky, you being blind, rigging, bad luck, aliens or good old exaggeration.

 

Block Quote

@ nuclear when another person is shooting several of our team members and does not go blue  and i shoot him twice to stop him ..... something wrong with the system.

Dont shoot the Green guys huh ... never of guessed that lol ....

That is only possible if you already caused teamdamage before or when your target is inside of a capcircle.

In other words: Replay or it didn't happen.



UrQuan #9 Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:17 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20693 battles
  • 6,848
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostWFNecromonger, on 22 April 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

 

or as Fritz says  server lag but then again like i said i've been locked on to the side of a tank and sat waiting for 3 secs .... my son laughs and says jesus Dad that went miles high .... so if he is seeing it too  can it be lag ?

 

 

That one is easy explained. don't focus only on the reticule center but also on the aiming circle. Make sure the whole aiming circle is on the tank, because the shell can go anywhere within that circle. Most chance for center (or close to it) but it still can go to the edge of that circle, causing a miss if that didn't cover the target tank. Also boucnes are a thing, if your shell hit a very sloped piece of armor, it can bounce off & go way off track.

Note that once fully aimed (1-2 seconds after the aiming circle is fully shrunk, to account for server communications) there is no need to aim longer, the dispersion (area where shell can hit) then remains the same.

 

Note that alot of 'ghost' shots tend to be shots that hit spaced armor or external modules on tanks, seemingly doing nothing. Or shells that narrowingly missed tanks (the hitboxes can be very detailed, causing your shell to go between the hull, tracks & ground at times, hitting zero, because no hitbox got touched by the shell) Visually you think you hit something without any effect, but in a replay, at slowest speed, yo'ud notice how narrowingly you missed the target.

 

This is why replays are handy, upload some & we can tell why things happened the way they did.This in turn can help you understand the game better & improve your aiming, so you can wreck enemy tanks easier. Oh and ghost shells do exist. They're just very rare. Most of the time 'ghost' shells are just shots that either narrowly missed or got absorbed by spaced armor/external modules.


Edited by UrQuan, 22 April 2019 - 08:18 PM.


Xqual #10 Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:50 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 63339 battles
  • 97
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

Why are you guys asking for replays?

Everyone who has played the jgpz100 knows it behaviors likke that.

Shooting shells larger than the target straight into its side "critical hit" and 0 dmg and not even a detrack.

It's gun behaves like arty on a bad day, shots not even near center, shots bouncing paper tanks, direct hits doing **** all.
And it makes no sense for a tank firing shells the size of cars. A hit should atleast push the target, out of the damn map.

 

Why are you asking for replays?



4nt #11 Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:10 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26938 battles
  • 674
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013

View PostXqual, on 23 April 2019 - 05:50 AM, said:

Why are you guys asking for replays?

Everyone who has played the jgpz100 knows it behaviors likke that.

Shooting shells larger than the target straight into its side "critical hit" and 0 dmg and not even a detrack.

It's gun behaves like arty on a bad day, shots not even near center, shots bouncing paper tanks, direct hits doing **** all.
And it makes no sense for a tank firing shells the size of cars. A hit should atleast push the target, out of the damn map.

 

Why are you asking for replays?

Think for a second. 

 

Still nothing? Here's the rail already bended. The reason for replays to be asked is that when someone makes a claim on unusual performance of program (do note that despite RNG, it still must obey its programming), a replay will either confirm the unusual behaviour, or give alternate explanation within expected parameters. More replays, more confirmation. And, here's the catch: when sufficient amount of one player's replays show indeed abnormal or unexpected behaviour, others may know what to look for and test for similiar. If it indeed is same behaviour over several players and several configurations of rigs and net connections, it is a bug that should be reported.

 

Also, this is why replays asked for evidence of rigging and cheats, but mysteriously these replays always tend to be lost.



Xqual #12 Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:22 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 63339 battles
  • 97
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View Post4nt, on 23 April 2019 - 07:10 AM, said:

Think for a second. 

 

Still nothing? Here's the rail already bended. The reason for replays to be asked is that when someone makes a claim on unusual performance of program (do note that despite RNG, it still must obey its programming), a replay will either confirm the unusual behaviour, or give alternate explanation within expected parameters. More replays, more confirmation. And, here's the catch: when sufficient amount of one player's replays show indeed abnormal or unexpected behaviour, others may know what to look for and test for similiar. If it indeed is same behaviour over several players and several configurations of rigs and net connections, it is a bug that should be reported.

 

Also, this is why replays asked for evidence of rigging and cheats, but mysteriously these replays always tend to be lost.

 

It has been like this forever. It aint new or anything. It is not something that happend last week. For as long as i can remember the jgpz100 has been THE most unreliable TD in the game. shots dissapear (happens with all tanks, no replay needed, as it is a known bug.)
The jgpz100 do alot of zero dmg hits, not even critical, just "we hit the target" 0 critical, 0 dmg. Has always been like that.

WG know this and has known this for years. You dont need to post replays for known issues with a tank.

And it makes no sense that a tank that fire monster shells are even capable of doing the things above.

 

WG should just get their head out of their ***** and fix the damn thing, instead of making silly OP premium tanks for the large reroll community.



Jigabachi #13 Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:23 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 20,963
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostXqual, on 23 April 2019 - 05:50 AM, said:

Why are you asking for replays?

Because this isn't about an unlucky shot here and there. OP made a bold claim (again) about the game not working as expected. And if you make a claim like that, you need to confirm that you aren't talking nonsense, otherwise discussing this is entirely pointless.

 

View PostXqual, on 23 April 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

It has been like this forever. It aint new or anything. 

Read the opening post again...


Edited by Jigabachi, 23 April 2019 - 07:26 AM.


Xqual #14 Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:28 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 63339 battles
  • 97
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostJigabachi, on 23 April 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

Because this isn't about an unlucky shot here and there. OP made a bold claim (again) about the game not working as expected. And if you make a claim like that, you need to confirm that you aren't talking nonsense, otherwise discussing this is entirely pointless.

 

Read the opening post again...

 

go ply the tank. like everyone else who plays or have played the tank. You will learn that he is not making stuff up. It is actualy how that thing works.
Think i have sold mine 4-5 times out of frustration.

And it has been known for years.



UrQuan #15 Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:00 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20693 battles
  • 6,848
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostXqual, on 23 April 2019 - 05:50 AM, said:

Why are you guys asking for replays?

Everyone who has played the jgpz100 knows it behaviors likke that.

Shooting shells larger than the target straight into its side "critical hit" and 0 dmg and not even a detrack.

It's gun behaves like arty on a bad day, shots not even near center, shots bouncing paper tanks, direct hits doing **** all.
And it makes no sense for a tank firing shells the size of cars. A hit should atleast push the target, out of the damn map.

 

Why are you asking for replays?

 

You know why that is? Shell mechanics. Especially HEAT runs by some rules that can perfectly explain that & the main reason that the JPE 100 HEAT shell is not the final solution on penning stuff. On the contrary, it can fail spectacularly on targets where the AP shell would go through without issue. And reverse, the HEAT shell can pen stuff the AP shell cant.

The main reason HEAT can fail terribly is that the shell always bounces, irrelevant of armor thickness when the angle is 85 degrees or more. Another is that HEAT has alot of trouble with spaced armor, not helped by lack of normalization (bonus angling when striking armor under an angling, HEAT doesn't get this, AP gets the best bonus angling, followed by APCR)

 

Oh and the JPE 100 gun is temperamental, that's why the most dangerous thing on the battlefield is a JPE 100 with its gun loaded. Nobody wants to be the first to go around the corner then, in fear of getting smacked by its 1K damage shell. Once it fired tho? All bets are off & people will rush it.

 

Note that replays help identifying odd behaviour. In the past, people providing replays of abnormal behaviour has lead to the community verifying this & confirming bugs/shortcomings. A recent one that I recall was the camera point of view bug from tanks that got confirmed by others.

But alot of folks also make baseless claims of bugs & weird things that can be perfectly explained when a replay is provided, or worse, the replay reveals things did not go as the claimer said (the one stuck most to me was the baseless claim of 'tank vanished in front of me!' while the replay revealed said tank was at 400 meters away, driving in & out bushes...)

 

And below screenshot shows a bit of what I mean.

420mm HEAT shell VS Lowe: 0-2 for the Lowe. Ghost shell or mechanics?

 



WFNecromonger #16 Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39381 battles
  • 744
  • [-TTK-] -TTK-
  • Member since:
    02-03-2011

View Post4nt, on 23 April 2019 - 06:10 AM, said:

Think for a second. 

 

Still nothing? Here's the rail already bended. The reason for replays to be asked is that when someone makes a claim on unusual performance of program (do note that despite RNG, it still must obey its programming), a replay will either confirm the unusual behaviour, or give alternate explanation within expected parameters. More replays, more confirmation. And, here's the catch: when sufficient amount of one player's replays show indeed abnormal or unexpected behaviour, others may know what to look for and test for similiar. If it indeed is same behaviour over several players and several configurations of rigs and net connections, it is a bug that should be reported.

 

Also, this is why replays asked for evidence of rigging and cheats, but mysteriously these replays always tend to be lost.

 

I refuse to use any "adds" such as XVM and play the game as it is.
18:55 Added after 2 minutes
I have also noted with my new bought tank the T 103 the problems are just as hideous .... jesus hell knows.

4nt #17 Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26938 battles
  • 674
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013

View PostWFNecromonger, on 27 April 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

 

I refuse to use any "adds" such as XVM and play the game as it is.

...and why in blazes do you quote my post, as it has no connection with mods whatsoever? 



Homer_J #18 Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:59 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31416 battles
  • 34,219
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostWFNecromonger, on 22 April 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

Ive got loads of replays and no i'm not loading them up lol...

 

In that case you are not going to get any sensible answers lol.



WFNecromonger #19 Posted 27 April 2019 - 08:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39381 battles
  • 744
  • [-TTK-] -TTK-
  • Member since:
    02-03-2011

View Post4nt, on 27 April 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

...and why in blazes do you quote my post, as it has no connection with mods whatsoever? 

 

replays for rigging and cheats ...... xvm is a rig and hack

 

19:07 Added after 0 minutes

View PostHomer_J, on 27 April 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

 

In that case you are not going to get any sensible answers lol.

 

lol .... just cannot be arsed 

 



4nt #20 Posted 27 April 2019 - 08:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26938 battles
  • 674
  • Member since:
    04-09-2013

View PostWFNecromonger, on 27 April 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

 

replays for rigging and cheats ...... xvm is a rig and hack

 

19:07 Added after 0 minutes

 

lol .... just cannot be arsed 

 

...you are still not making any sense. Well whatever. Shoulda known that you're just bs:ing away. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users