Jump to content


Bots in High Tier Battles. Are they real?

BOTS MM Bots

  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Bots in High Tier Battles. Are they real? (70 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Bots in High Tier Battles. Are they real?

  1. Voted Yes! 100% (38 votes [54.29%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 54.29%

  2. No, WG would let us know if that was real. (25 votes [35.71%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 35.71%

  3. No opinion, i've been distracted! (7 votes [10.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Hide poll

Pedro_Agnus #1 Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:56 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29326 battles
  • 115
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G
  • Member since:
    08-25-2015
Hi folks,

Today, once again, i got into one of those battles where i face myself with a guy on my team in "Murovanka" with 20k battles and he went straight to the corner next to the water, he basicaly missed every single shot (even missing a target 10m away from him!!)....
Well, you all get where i'm heading to...
He's a player with 20k battles... not 1k! He's clearly on the battle just to fill a "hole" in the MM. I honestly believe, and that's my opinion with no proof so ever, that are BOTS in Tier VIII and higher tier battles.
Is there someone out there who supports this idea? I got my replays "off" because i'm running the game with my mobile phone data and the PC is not the "best in the block"! But if there are replays of players like this... Can you all please share here?

Please VOTE and lets see the overall opinion here!
All the best to you all. Nice battles:popcorn:

Regards,
P
 

Edited by Pedro_Agnus, 22 April 2019 - 05:10 PM.


XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:00 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 4,591
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016
Does it really matter if they were bots or really bad players?

Eaglax #3 Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:04 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 19354 battles
  • 3,650
  • Member since:
    01-12-2012

you are not the first one who thinks that there are bots out there, I'm one of them too.

But you are definitely the first one who thinks that they are actually "sent" by WG to fill some kind of a hole...doesn't make much sense in my opinion...



Pedro_Agnus #4 Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:08 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29326 battles
  • 115
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G
  • Member since:
    08-25-2015

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 22 April 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

Does it really matter if they were bots or really bad players?

 

It matters! One thing is "bad luck" having a bad player in our team (it happens and is part of the game!) and i'm not saying i'm the best ever. I'm an average player and i know i suc* in many battles. On the other side is when the game developer is not making that info public! If you can't see the difference.... Well... I can't say good things about that :facepalm:
16:09 Added after 1 minute

View PostEaglax, on 22 April 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

you are not the first one who thinks that there are bots out there, I'm one of them too.

But you are definitely the first one who thinks that they are actually "sent" by WG to fill some kind of a hole...doesn't make much sense in my opinion...

 

Eaglax... By saying "hole i mean... Gap! When there's a tank missing .... Puff! Lets get a bot into the game and sorted ;)

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:11 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24210 battles
  • 11,511
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostPedro_Agnus, on 22 April 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

Hi folks,

Today, once again, i got into one of those battles where i face myself with a guy on my team in "Murovanka" with 20k battles and he went straight to the corner next to the water, he basicaly missed every single shot (even missing a target 10m away from him!!)....
Well, you all get where i'm heading to...
He's a player with 20k battles... not 1k! He's clearly on the battle just to fill a "hole" in the MM. I honestly believe, and that's my opinion with no proof so ever, that are BOTS in Tier VIII and higher tier battles.
Is there someone out there who supports this idea? I got my replays "off" because i'm running the game with my mobile phone data and the PC is not the "best in the block"! But if there are replays of players like this... Can you all please share here?

Please VOTE and lets see the overall opinion here!
All the best to you all. Nice battles:popcorn:

Regards,
P
 

No. they might be bots but they're not WG's. As shown on other servers where they are introduced by WG, WG bots have no battle history, so you wouldn't be able to check them in game or on the portal or check their WN8 or battle count on stat sites, or send them invites to toon or PM them after battle, nor can you report them in game, etc.

So, yes....you heading towards a baseless conspiracy.



Pedro_Agnus #6 Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:17 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29326 battles
  • 115
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G
  • Member since:
    08-25-2015

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 22 April 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

No. they might be bots but they're not WG's. As shown on other servers where they are introduced by WG, WG bots have no battle history, so you wouldn't be able to check them in game or on the portal or check their WN8 or battle count on stat sites, or send them invites to toon or PM them after battle, nor can you report them in game, etc.

So, yes....you heading towards a baseless conspiracy.

 Public servers? There's a big difference between public test, test servers and public servers. Go on low tiers as I, II or III and we can actually see all that... :unsure:
I'm just wondering!



Envoy_MT #7 Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 41871 battles
  • 594
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013
*edited

Edited by AngryCombatWombat, 22 April 2019 - 05:47 PM.
Naming and shaming


XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 4,591
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostPedro_Agnus, on 22 April 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

It matters! One thing is "bad luck" having a bad player in our team (it happens and is part of the game!) and i'm not saying i'm the best ever. I'm an average player and i know i suc* in many battles. On the other side is when the game developer is not making that info public! If you can't see the difference.... Well... I can't say good things about that

 

Nope, can't see much difference really!

 

In both cases they are a liability to the team and considering that about 70% of the server population are below average, i can't see the logic of adding a few more real "bots" into the mix.


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 22 April 2019 - 05:31 PM.


Nishi_Kinuyo #9 Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:41 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 8792 battles
  • 6,044
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Yes, bots are real.

Yes, they sometimes manage to make their way into high tiers.

No, you're not nearly as common as some people like the believe.

 

Personally, I'm more frustrated about the players who declare the battle lost "because XVM says so" and go hide into a corner for the rest of the battle.



Pedro_Agnus #10 Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:24 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29326 battles
  • 115
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G
  • Member since:
    08-25-2015

View PostEnvoy_MT, on 22 April 2019 - 04:25 PM, said:

*edited

 

Envoy... You have been "shut"! :harp: Next time just say thay are real instead of giving names .... ahah

ValkyrionX #11 Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:36 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 50816 battles
  • 2,266
  • [NOPAS] NOPAS
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

I don't know if the wg makes use of so many bots, in any case it often happens to me lately to see some of them, real bots not real players.

 

You immediately understand the difference, when you are at a certain distance they activate and if you move away they turn off almost completely.

In tier X games I don't think I've ever seen them, only bad players , but in matches under the tier 8 it is easier to meet them



Pedro_Agnus #12 Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:52 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29326 battles
  • 115
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G
  • Member since:
    08-25-2015

View PostValkyrionX, on 22 April 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

You immediately understand the difference, when you are at a certain distance they activate and if you move away they turn off almost completely.

In tier X games I don't think I've ever seen them, only bad players , but in matches under the tier 8 it is easier to meet them

 That's exactly what i've notice! :great:



BravelyRanAway #13 Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24210 battles
  • 11,511
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostPedro_Agnus, on 22 April 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

 Public servers? There's a big difference between public test, test servers and public servers. Go on low tiers as I, II or III and we can actually see all that... :unsure:
I'm just wondering!

You can see bots in action in WoWP's. They are at all tiers and not in test, but in public. So, we know what they'll look like and how you cannot interact with them regarding toons, chat and checking stats, etc. You can even get a mod to mark them in game.



Schepel #14 Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:28 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 64284 battles
  • 3,453
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

Bots are real. And support doesn't want to know about them. Sent a replay of a tank with textbook bot behaviour, only 20K games played, but the incredibly helpful reply was that bots are caught immediately. 20K games. Just saying.

 

Don't get me started on the number of tier 10 players with two digit WN8 and a 43% w/r. Doing absolutely nothing in or near the base. The game is infested by bots and players who used bots. I just don't believe WG put them in. Why would they? Players do that for them.



United_Stealth #15 Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:42 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 26991 battles
  • 192
  • [_TSM_] _TSM_
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 22 April 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

Yes, bots are real.

Yes, they sometimes manage to make their way into high tiers.

No, you're not nearly as common as some people like the believe.

 

Personally, I'm more frustrated about the players who declare the battle lost "because XVM says so" and go hide into a corner for the rest of the battle.

Oh those are so frustrating. Even before the game starts they say the game is lost. Just shut up and play already. 

I hate those people.



Etre_ #16 Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:46 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 58544 battles
  • 1,452
  • [GTD] GTD
  • Member since:
    04-21-2014

View PostEaglax, on 22 April 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

you are not the first one who thinks that there are bots out there, I'm one of them too.

But you are definitely the first one who thinks that they are actually "sent" by WG to fill some kind of a hole...doesn't make much sense in my opinion...

 

Facts are saying that WG tested bots. Can't be bothered to search for the link but you can take my word for it, because I'm such a nice guy. 
 

Edit: I think the console variant might have bots (acknowledged by WG).


Edited by Etre_, 22 April 2019 - 07:47 PM.


Envoy_MT #17 Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 41871 battles
  • 594
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013

View PostPedro_Agnus, on 22 April 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

 

Envoy... You have been "shut"! :harp: Next time just say thay are real instead of giving names .... ahah

 

Yes. i will say their real names more. World's best moderator... They are putting official bots to all tiers i believe that. Cause these players never answer,,, never use anything in game. The names i gave, today i met them five times and 2 maps are the same and they did the same things :D like ghost mouse.

Bordhaw #18 Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:52 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14492 battles
  • 4,493
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostPedro_Agnus, on 22 April 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

Hi folks,

Today, once again, i got into one of those battles where i face myself with a guy on my team in "Murovanka" with 20k battles and he went straight to the corner next to the water, he basicaly missed every single shot (even missing a target 10m away from him!!)....
Well, you all get where i'm heading to...
He's a player with 20k battles... not 1k! He's clearly on the battle just to fill a "hole" in the MM. I honestly believe, and that's my opinion with no proof so ever, that are BOTS in Tier VIII and higher tier battles.
 

 



BravelyRanAway #19 Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:55 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24210 battles
  • 11,511
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostEnvoy_MT, on 22 April 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

Cause these players never answer,,, never use anything in game. 

Because it couldn't be, that they turned off chat too avoid reading stuff from nice guys like you.

18:58 Added after 2 minutes

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 22 April 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

Yes, bots are real.

If you look at his poll....he's talking about WG using bots to fill the MM...not the ones players use to bot their way to top tiers.



Isharial #20 Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:58 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 22865 battles
  • 2,614
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

there will be "Players" running some kind of script to play the game for them, what that accomplishes I don't know, but "botting" in games is something you see all the time, so no, I don't believe tanks is any different. Are they WG's though? I highly doubt it.. 

 

Even the "bots" WG ran in the Proving Ground mode did not miss you much, if at all. they could nail you across the map and pick you through holes, whereas what you describe OP would be the exact opposite... WG then showed us the Halloween mode with the Leviathan, which had many AI driven tanks in it, which were pretty good at what they could do. 

then they showed us the recent Halloween event, and OW! those BDR's could hurt. they could lead you and chase you, and react (sometimes) to what you did. they did like to sit side on, but I guess that may well have been intentional given their hitting power and the fact we had an MT25 with a pew pew gun..

 

A well coded, properly made bot would be able to kick the backside of even very good human players, and any self respecting botter would not make their bot sit in the base and do nothing, that would just get them caught and found.

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the 48-50% players were bots, and those under that are actually "human" (bar the obvious AFK sit in base bots etc..) 







Also tagged with BOTS, MM Bots

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users