Server status on game client

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Brigandine #1 Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18909 battles
  • [AL3RT] AL3RT
Can you add server status to the game client. It will take no more than 5 minutes of your time.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70170 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Do you need one? I thought the huge exclamation mark was hit enough on the server select screen. Then again like your in-game ping, that's only to the login server. That's not what crashed I suspect.  As they were still listed as up and had green light and ping on the login screen.

NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32907 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostBrigandine, on 22 April 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Can you add server status to the game client. It will take no more than 5 minutes of your time.

Hey guess what, you can see the server status in the Player Support section on WoT's site. :great: Just look in the bottom left corner, it will take no more than 5 seconds of your time. :P

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/?utm_content=cm-top&utm_source=global-nav&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=wot-forum

Edited by PervyPastryPuffer, 22 April 2019 - 08:53 PM.

Brigandine #4 Posted 23 April 2019 - 06:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18909 battles
  • [AL3RT] AL3RT

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 22 April 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

Hey guess what, you can see the server status in the Player Support section on WoT's site. :great: Just look in the bottom left corner, it will take no more than 5 seconds of your time. :P

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/?utm_content=cm-top&utm_source=global-nav&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=wot-forum

I know, those exact 2 green dots were on my mind when i posted that suggestion. Like, the game crashed, game client was still up and running, and it would be nice to have those server status dots on the client visible, instead of:

1. Open web browser;

2. Type in WG web page:

3. Click to WoT on the main page (wait for new tab to open)

4. On the tab that opened click to Player Support just so you can check the server status.

But hey, the previous 2 comments in this thread simply shows the negativity, arrogance and toxicity in WoT community.

Have a nice day and dont bother to answer. 

unhappy_bunny #5 Posted 23 April 2019 - 06:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19373 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostBrigandine, on 23 April 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

I know, those exact 2 green dots were on my mind when i posted that suggestion. Like, the game crashed, game client was still up and running, and it would be nice to have those server status dots on the client visible, instead of:

1. Open web browser;

2. Type in WG web page:

3. Click to WoT on the main page (wait for new tab to open)

4. On the tab that opened click to Player Support just so you can check the server status.

But hey, the previous 2 comments in this thread simply shows the negativity, arrogance and toxicity in WoT community.

Have a nice day and dont bother to answer. 

Or launch the game. The first screen, where you log-in will tell you if EU1 or EU2 is down, usually a generic message about "planned maintenance" 

And it shows the connection to each server as a series of bars, green or red, although that could just be the login servers and not the actual game servers as pointed out by Balc0ra. The likelyhood is the game runs on multiple servers (a server farm) and it only needs one of those to go down to bring the whole of EU1 or EU2 to its knees. 

Of course, adding a new function, creating and testing it etc, is just a 5 minute task. Yeah. Right. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users