E 50 M E 50

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

__LocKDowN_ #1 Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12558 battles
  • [TRVST] TRVST

Hello guys, what do you think about these 2 tanks? which one do you think is better? E 50 or E 50 M? Because,In my opinion, E 50 is a way better than it's successor. Why? Because the only differences between these 2 are that E 50 M has:

• better mobility 
  • HEAT shells

Do you think that this is enough? Do you think that E 50 M is good for it's tier? Aren't you bored seeing only Type 5s ,TDs,etc. in the game? Cause I would like to see a buff on E 50 M :).

Thank you , everyone who reads this and please share your opinion down here.

Edited by __LocKDowN_, 23 April 2019 - 02:09 PM.

zSev7NNN #2 Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21109 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

Compared to tanks like 430U , Obj 277 which is 85% medium, E 50 M is nothing.

E 50 M doesn't have the only thing that makes the META this days.. The Armor. Its paper tank, everyone can penetrate it, and as LockDowN said, it has nothing better than the E 50, so..no reasons to play E 50 M .

Ok, you want to buff the STB-1, the E 100, the IS-4 or whatever was in that list. They need a buff, but, there's so many tanks that need a change, like 121 , T-22Med, Pz Kmpf. VII , T110E5 , FV215B . Those are some tanks that need a buff, a real buff, because they are OUT of META, and its no way back without a significant change. 

Ok, back to E 50 M. This tank has no reason to be played , because its exactly the same as the E 50, and E 50 has better MM , so E 50 M is kinda useless in the game right now.

Edited by zSev7NNN, 23 April 2019 - 02:20 PM.

HEATzk0pf #3 Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35938 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

I still enjoy both of them, currently i´m playing more E50 to get the Ace i missed as i grinded the tank back in the days.

It´s still correct, that the E50 (assuming you are willing to shoot some APCR) is the better tank tier for tier, as the upgrade isn´t huge and the E50 itself is already not the strongest tank in WOT (but decent tbh), so the E50M is lacking even more to the currently strong tanks.

So, for now there is only little reason to buy the Tier 10.

cro001 #4 Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:19 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32303 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
While I agree it could use a buff, I don't want WG to "buff" it like they did with AMX 30B.

Thejagdpanther #5 Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36027 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

E50, but not because have some better characteristics, simply because of the tanks that it meet and the mm.

And for me they dont need any buff, but a lot of other tanks (tier X specially) need a lot of nerfs.

The run of buffs after buffs after buffs because some slowbob at WG works bad will bring nothing good at the game, they start to move a little backward.

__LocKDowN_ #6 Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12558 battles
  • [TRVST] TRVST

View PostThejagdpanther, on 23 April 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

E50, but not because have some better characteristics, simply because of the tanks that it meet and the mm.

And for me they dont need any buff, but a lot of other tanks (tier X specially) need a lot of nerfs.

The run of buffs after buffs after buffs because some slowbob at WG works bad will bring nothing good at the game, they start to move a little backward.

Why would you nerf more tanks instead of buffing some tanks? :)

Laatikkomafia #7 Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:36 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 23076 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post__LocKDowN_, on 23 April 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

Because constantly buffing tanks leads to even more power creep, and further increases the gap between tiers.

Just compare facing an IS-3, Defender and a KV-4 with a tier 7 tank. Compared to a KV-4 and an IS-3, facing a Defender feels like the tank is tier 8,5 instead of a tier 8. Now, if every tier 8 heavy were buffed to Defender levels of power, tier 6 and tier 7 would become close of unplayable.

Edited by Laatikkomafia, 23 April 2019 - 01:37 PM.

__LocKDowN_ #8 Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12558 battles
  • [TRVST] TRVST

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 23 April 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

Because constantly buffing tanks leads to even more power creep, and further increases the gap between tiers.

Just compare facing an IS-3, Defender and a KV-4 with a tier 7 tank. Compared to a KV-4 and an IS-3, facing a Defender feels like the tank is tier 8,5 instead of a tier 8. Now, if every tier 8 heavy were buffed to Defender levels of power, tier 6 and tier 7 would become close of unplayable.

Agreed in one way. But we are talking about balance here,and the way you can balance the tanks, in this case, is by buffing/nerfing them. And why would WG nerf 100+ tanks when they can buff 40+ so the tanks would be balanced. Defender has been nerfed already ,it's gun handling is retarded and it's MM isn't preferential which means that the player who plays the Defender will meet Tier X MM where he wouldn't do as much dmg as he does in a Tier VIII or less MM, so I guess Defender is good how it is now.

Shad0wize #9 Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12036 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

So, after reading a bunch of these replies, I decided to make one myself.

Do you enjoy the e50? Do you often find yourself needing to shoot preimum?

That thing does not happen in the e50m due to is penetration with regular rounds.

Whilst it is an underwhelming tank in comparison to others, I find it much easier to drive, shoot, penetrate, bounce, sidescrape, etc.

Though my gamestyle is very different. I am still grinding many tanks and I find the e50m to be an easy tank to play. Enjoyable when facing anything, but that's just down to the player.

I would say the chance to face tier VII's and maybe a couple of X's overweights the e50m significantly. Especially if you don't mind shooting 4-11 premium shells in the E50.

However in the e50m you will not struggle against types, etc. as much, you will have better armour to use your tank altogether but it all comes down to chance.

So what will it be soldier, a chance to do better, or the certainty you will if you just spam a bit of premium in the e50?

__LocKDowN_ #10 Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12558 battles
  • [TRVST] TRVST

View PostShad0wize, on 23 April 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

So, after reading a bunch of these replies, I decided to make one myself.

Do you enjoy the e50? Do you often find yourself needing to shoot preimum?

That thing does not happen in the e50m due to is penetration with regular rounds.

Whilst it is an underwhelming tank in comparison to others, I find it much easier to drive, shoot, penetrate, bounce, sidescrape, etc.

Though my gamestyle is very different. I am still grinding many tanks and I find the e50m to be an easy tank to play. Enjoyable when facing anything, but that's just down to the player.

I would say the chance to face tier VII's and maybe a couple of X's overweights the e50m significantly. Especially if you don't mind shooting 4-11 premium shells in the E50.

However in the e50m you will not struggle against types, etc. as much, you will have better armour to use your tank altogether but it all comes down to chance.

So what will it be soldier, a chance to do better, or the certainty you will if you just spam a bit of premium in the e50?

Well, I'd rather spam gold instead of playing with E 50 M to be honest. "you will have better armour to use your tank altogether but it all comes down to chance." I don't know what exactly you wanted to say here but both tanks have the same armor. And why wouldn't I play E 50 only with APCR? I mean is enjoyable , penning every shot, having one of the best guns in the game, nice MM. In comparison with E 50 M, well , you meet Type 5s ,Shitbarns and other better tanks than it and you will get farmed because the tank doesn't have armor and DPM( most important things ,in my opinion).

Edited by __LocKDowN_, 23 April 2019 - 02:11 PM.

HEATzk0pf #11 Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35938 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Post__LocKDowN_, on 23 April 2019 - 02:07 PM, said:

Well, I'd rather spam gold instead of playing with E 50 M to be honest. "you will have better armour to use your tank altogether but it all comes down to chance." I don't know what exactly you wanted to say here but both tanks have the same armor.

While looking on tanks.gg - the armor is different on both tanks. The M has a much stronger lower Plate and the upper plate is tougher too - additionally both are smaller than on the Tier 9. Its still nothing that matters too much, because both keep the weak turret and the Tier 10 Guns dont care about 250 Armor (angled - its around 230 straight)

Thejagdpanther #12 Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36027 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

View Post__LocKDowN_, on 23 April 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

Most as Laatik said... and the other because objectively a lot of tanks at tier X need to be toned down. Gun handling, wspot, speed, viewrange, penetration (both standard and gold)... it's a sea of possibilities to make the tier more enjoyable, since also monotier games (the worst possible scenario) accentuate the UP and DOWN of every tanks.

If a E50m is a tier 10, the 430U is a tier 11 and maybe the amx30 B is a tier 9,7

If a Jpe100 is a tier 10, the bobject was a tier 12 hands down, and grille15 a tier 9,7

Etc etc etc...

The problem is that we dont need HAMMERS for nerfs (or buffs), but a compass or a gauge. Things that WG don't even know.

Edited by Thejagdpanther, 23 April 2019 - 02:56 PM.

Also tagged with E 50 M, E 50

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users