really annoying aiming feature I would love a fix for.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

RockyRoller #1 Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36311 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

When I aim at a target;

1) I get a very small black dot which due to it being such a small size and black my old tired eyes sometimes can't see due to the other screen background colours. So I'd like a custom colour for that.

2) I get two rings of dots that show me the dispersion proximity area when I fire a shell, but that little black aiming shot is nowhere near the centre of those dispersion rings. The rings are like an inch or two below that actual aim black dot, and only snap up to it when a real target tank falls under the little black dot.

I'm on prescribed medication that slows my thinking a bit, so in other words it takes me a few seconds to process what I see and those aiming issue rings and dots aren't helping at all. :(

What ingame or game mods are available to fix my vision/age problems?

nilsenth #2 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 47499 battles

Hi, i will try to help as best i can.

1) you can try to go in game settings and select the reticle tab and play with the different settings there, there is a preview window so you can see the changes made before you apply them, there are two "settings ", arcade and sniper, you change them independently. Alternative you can take a look at a chrosshair mod like  J1mB0's Crosshair Mod and you can find it here; http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/626707-09220-j1mb0s-crosshair-mod-eng-07022018/#topmost

2) It sounds like you have server reticle enabled, go to settings and turn it off, (untick the box) look at picture. 

Best regards

Nilsenth

Attached Files

• Attached File   Server reticle.png   489.97K

Edited by nilsenth, 24 April 2019 - 03:48 PM.

RockyRoller #3 Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36311 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
@Nilsenth thanks I'll look into these areas again and see if I missed something.

Gremlin182 #4 Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 54171 battles

If memory serves and in my case it often doesn't ;)

You can have a dot a small circle or an arrow well inverted V a cross and one that says A but to me its a square.

Maybe time for new glasses.

You can change the colour too Green or White for certain and I think also red.

Goto settings reticle then  central marker.

Worth noting what your current selection is so you can go back if change makes things worse.

RockyRoller #5 Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36311 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

memory, tell me about it.

oh you did /lol

there were colours, just green and black for me, but it helped to have green as a choice in the menu now. But it would be far better as an extra option bar rather than pick a design and it happens to have a colour as well.

Grabaah #6 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33514 battles

Blame WG for their poor crosshair design, thats why crosshair/sights mods exists.

In most modpacks ya can find many, but... if ya go for hunt on russian lagnguage websites ya can find a few more.

thwQ #7 Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21389 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

Best next thing is to have a white WG official crosshair found in most modpacks. When you use it its quite refreshing to your eyes. 

PS: Jimbos has a nice option to set a white really bold "FAT" X and overlapping + within an O when you aim in sniper mode. Pure bliss, but covers much of the tank when aiming afar = hard to aim for weakspots.

Gremlin182 #8 Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:46 PM

General

• Player
  • 54171 battles

I have been using various mods for crosshairs for years I have to have something not too distracting but which gives me a clear point to focus on.

Probably an eyesight age thing

So I go for a sight that I can easily line up the target in the center of the screen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users