Fair Play Policy: Updated List of Prohibited Mods

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

__SLICK__ #21 Posted 24 April 2019 - 02:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5306 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
What confuses me is you have said for months how thorough you are at only allowing fairplay mods (as all mods are thoroughly checked for fairness right ?) and yet in this article you say these mods you are adding to the ban list are 'OBVIOUSLY UNFAIR' . Are you admitting past incompetence ?

BravelyRanAway #22 Posted 24 April 2019 - 02:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23511 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Post__SLICK__, on 24 April 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

Are you admitting past incompetence ?

Yes!

GolferTV #23 Posted 24 April 2019 - 02:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 54035 battles

Block Quote

However, we're taking this opportunity to notify you in advance, so if you're currently using these mods, please remove them.

seriusly WG? You beg them to remove it? why not instaban?

Edited by GolferTV, 24 April 2019 - 03:01 PM.

Morgan_the_Reaper #24 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 77788 battles
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S
so before you clean the mess with the modhub portal you tell us that the mods you allow to use are illegal ? gjob

Kothaar #25 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 61741 battles
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR
The game is better than it used to be, I especially remember a cheat that allowed arty to shoot people who had not been even spotted yet. The gun direction indicator... a clear cheat. Why play this game if you do not have the guts to play it fair?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #26 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:02 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32451 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 24 April 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

My heart bleeds for them.

I remember having a discussion on this forum with a unicum about the 'nearest enemy' one. He didn't think it was a cheat or gave advantage, why use it then?

In this instance I think he is entirely correct. Some of these mods have been not only available widely but also incorporated in WGs own MOD portal of supposedly safe mods which they've encouraged people to use over third party sites so to turn around now and decide to ban them is fine, but they need to give allowance for those that don't necessarily read news posts/visit forums to know this so they don't get unfairly punished.

WG need to be sure their next big patch fundamentally breaks these mods (shouldn't be hard they, seem to manage that most times anyway, :) ) and then make it very clear with IN GAME warnings, that these mods are no longer allowed. If they do that and people still go looking for fixed versions and subsequently get caught then fine, issue warnings/bans as necessary.

Stedevil #27 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31819 battles
  • [M-H-F] M-H-F

View Poststokerel, on 24 April 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

What about this sentence, what does it actually mean? especially the underlined part.

"Enabling automatic use of non-Premium consumables right before returning to the Garage at the end of battle "

Do you actually mean automatic use of consumables in general? (of course not the automatic fire extinguishers). That has been prohibited for ages but how can you enforce that? How can you figure out if somebody just has very good reflexes and key bindings as opposed to outright cheating? I actually had a battle yesterday where a bobject driver repaired his tracks in something like 1ms after I tracked him ... twice in the duration of the battle.

I presume the forbidden cheat in that wording is to use a repair consumable instead of paying the credits after battle for repairing that module between games? I have no idea if this is how it works and/or if it saves you credits, but that is what it sounds like. For me fixing the issue you bring up with "instant autorepair" would be a lot more valuable for actual gameplay. Automatic insta repairs are really an unfair advantage.
14:09 Added after 5 minutes

View PostAsghaad, on 24 April 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

oh my ... as these mods are in basically all modpacks, were legal for years and especially the arrow to the nearest enemy one (basically last bit of "you actually have crew of several people and arent playing RC controlled toy" ) was specifically "nerfed" by official ruling about it i can see

a) lot of people kinda miffed about the decision

b) lot and i mean A LOT of people getting banned simply because they dont read every post WG makes ...

firstly the grace period NEEDS TO BE UNTIL NEXT MAJOR PATCH ... those break mods, meaning people will have to redownload modpacks = those mods will be removed by teh modpack creators and NOT reinstalled unless they are put in manually and willingly. and no its not a problem to do so, at least two out of three newly banned mods were legal FOR YEARS few weeks more wont make a difference to the game itself but might be difference between happy customer and someone being UNJUSTLY banned ...

secondly WG simply has to stop changing theyr decisions like this, when they say one time mod is legal and some time down the line make it into a BANNABLE one that is simply WRONG ... this is slippery slope where peoples accounts sometimes containing digital goods with SIGNIFICANT monetary value at risk of being taken away simply because someone misses an announcement.

Dude, seriously, did you even READ the article? They clearly state the new rules wont be in effect until 2019-06-01. There is at least 1 major patch coming before that and probably several smaller that will break compatibility for mods. So dont continue to install stuff that will be bannable over a month from now, and you'll be fine.

Edited by Stedevil, 24 April 2019 - 03:10 PM.

vuque #28 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:11 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18119 battles
  • [YOQ] YOQ

View PostSemzilla, on 24 April 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

Why not just ban all mods? It appears that's the direction you're heading anyway.

Banning all mods will not be the solution you think it will be. It will create more problems than it solves and as we repeatedly pointed out, we don't want to ban all the mods; we are totally happy with the good mods enhancing your  game play experience as long as they are not providing any unfair advantage.

View PostRavlar, on 24 April 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

Can you please comment on why your Mod Hub contains mods that allow some of these cheats?  How can you say don't use then allow them as part of mod packs on the approved portal?

View PostTomoVinkovic96, on 24 April 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

Well thats wierd. All these forbidden mods are in your ModHub, as part of some of the most popular modpacks. I really hope you will clean up that mess first.

New Fair Play Policy rules will come into force on June 1.

loot_the_supermarket #29 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8591 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 24 April 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

Good news the closest enemy mod is part of Aslains at the moment no doubt he is busy right now changing or removing it.

It does give an edge to the user as you instantly know if there is a clear line of sight.

There are different mods with similar wording, one that you'll often see being used by players is the "spotted vehicle direction on aim circle", and another called "direction indicator to closest enemy" that I've rarely seen anyone use but I think it's the one with arrows and distance illustrated on the linked WG page. 

Whether they are both banned, or just the latter may need a bit of clarification, the former really just shows you what's on your mini map.

Edited by loot_the_supermarket, 24 April 2019 - 03:19 PM.

BravelyRanAway #30 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23511 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 24 April 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

In this instance I think he is entirely correct. 

To be honest I don't see how that 'nearest enemy' one wasn't picked up by WG earlier. But still it would be covered by any mod that gives an unfair advantage in battle regardless of it being on the mod portal. Surely anyone with half a brain can see it's not just customization mod for changing the interface, skinning tank or voice overs.

Players claiming otherwise about that mod or pretending they didn't know it gave advantage are just trying to feign ignorance while fully knowing this is a cheat mod....so, no mercy.

Edited by BravelyRanAway, 24 April 2019 - 03:18 PM.

DaddysLittlePrincess #31 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27746 battles

@vuque, can you clear this?

Block Quote

Enabling automatic use of non-Premium consumables right before returning to the Garage at the end of battle 

Is automatic use of non-Premium conumables during the battle allowed? (for example automatically enabling standard fire extinguisher)?

Is automatic use of Premium consumables right before returning to the Garage at the end of battle allowed? 

Or simply, why isn't this point just "Enabling automatic use of consumables"? 

Edited by DaddysLittlePrincess, 24 April 2019 - 03:19 PM.

vuque #32 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:22 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18119 battles
  • [YOQ] YOQ

View PostDaddysLittlePrincess, on 24 April 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

@vuque, can you clear this?

Is automatic use of non-Premium conumables during the battle allowed? (for example automatically enabling standard fire extinguisher)?

Is automatic use of Premium consumables right before returning to the Garage at the end of battle allowed? 

Or simply, why isn't this point just "Enabling automatic use of consumables"? 

I will raise the question and get back to you as soon as possible what it was meant there but I can already tell that Automatic use of non-premium consumables during the battle is not allowed (e.g. automatically enabling standard fire extinguisher is forbidden). Received the answer, it was as I said earlier! ;)

Edited by vuque, 25 April 2019 - 10:30 AM.

guest273 #33 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35395 battles
  • [4FG] 4FG

What the hell happened to this community???

4 years ago on the forum I was like: "Mods are unfair and give some players advantage, therefore should be banned!" - instantly dropped by 10 dislikes on my post, 5 people in the forum quoting me and telling me I'm stupid and 1 guy PMing me that "you should install these mods too to make it fair".

Suddenly nowadays everyone is a white knight..

Amon_The_Legend #34 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9472 battles
  • [OIZ] OIZ

The Mod Hub is still the only place to download various mods officially approved by Wargaming, without worrying about policy violations. So if you are in doubt whether any modification is a cheat or not, just visit the Mod Hub to discover all the verified and newest mods for World of Tanks.

Hmm well i know that some illegal mods were on that site before and one of those mods was the indicator of closet enemy to you that you just highlight in post.

Gremlin182 #35 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:35 PM

General

• Player
  • 54212 battles

View Postloot_the_supermarket, on 24 April 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

There are different mods with similar wording, one that you'll often see being used by players is the "spotted vehicle direction on aim circle", and another called "direction indicator to closest enemy" that I've rarely seen anyone use but I think it's the one with arrows and distance illustrated on the linked WG page. 

Whether they are both banned, or just the latter may need a bit of clarification, the former really just shows you what's on your mini map.

Agreed

The one I see as a problem is the one they showed an image of a green arrow pointing to the closes enemy  which changes colour when there is direct line of sight.

I tried it out and it gives a clear edge, when I am driving a light tank it would warn me when I can be shot by that enemy so I can change direction quickly and throw them off their aim.

Still an advantage for any tank though as it tells you when you can fire at that enemy.

Green he is below the slope or behind the building  color change means he has come out from cover and can shoot or be shot.

BonjiOrongji #36 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42364 battles
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE

are ppl not even able to read and understand a simple article ?

"So far, these modifications are not forbidden yet – the new Fair Play Policy rules will come into force on June 1. However, we're taking this opportunity to notify you in advance, so if you're currently using these mods, please remove them."

these mods are not forbidden yet ... thats why some are still in the mod-hub ... you must be a real genius to understand that ...:facepalm:

Dexatroph #37 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:01 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 47159 battles

View PostRavlar, on 24 April 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

Can you please comment on why your Mod Hub contains mods that allow some of these cheats?  How can you say don't use then allow them as part of mod packs on the approved portal?

Can you please comment on why you dont read the article properly?  ;)

Some random points:

- not forbidden yet

- updated list of prohibited mods

- come into force  on 1st june

View PostTomoVinkovic96, on 24 April 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

Well thats wierd. All these forbidden mods are in your ModHub, as part of some of the most popular modpacks. 

Wierd is that you haven't  read the article properly. See the random points above.

View PostMorgan_the_Reaper, on 24 April 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

so before you clean the mess with the modhub portal you tell us that the mods you allow to use are illegal ? gjob

So before you read the article properly you start raging in the forum? gjob.

View PostGolferTV, on 24 April 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

seriusly WG? You beg them to remove it? why not instaban?

Simple, because you can not ban players for using allowed modifications. The list of prohibited mods will be extended by these 3 modification on 1st june. These modifications are allowed right now and will stay allowed till 31st of may. 

Edited by Dexatroph, 24 April 2019 - 04:15 PM.

NO1Z3TR4UMA #38 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5884 battles

Maybe a dumb question but uhmm, pls don't shoot me for asking this:

• Leaving any tags or indicators located on the playing field where the opponent was spotted by someone from the player’s team. 

Not sure if this is in vanilla client but does this count as tags on the playing field? (last seen position from enemy on map)

And the automatic spot range circle doesnt matters, this is allowed right?

• Minimap

etody77 #39 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 71662 battles
  • [RO-3V] RO-3V
Ok...if we have a list of forbiden mods, why we dont have an...illegal mods blocker, yet?

stokerel #40 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13257 battles

View PostAsghaad, on 24 April 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

b) lot and i mean A LOT of people getting banned simply because they dont read every post WG makes ...

I surely hope this happens sooner rather than later. Ignorance is never an acceptable excuse in real-life - the fact you* don't bother reading and understanding the rules doesn't make you* exempt of the deserved punishment.

If one doesn't want to get banned or can't be bothered checking the game rules, one should play vanilla or at least apply some common sense.

LE: by "you" I don't mean you personally but the people you mention.

Edited by stokerel, 24 April 2019 - 04:20 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users