• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

Vranizmo #281 Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22323 battles
  • [MD-SH] MD-SH

View PostFryTheFly, on 27 April 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

Ofc you use mods that give advantage to make you look good player, Stalin likes your kind of people.

then let it stop the game indicator. From where the tank fires?? you have that in game, this is mod or cheat or some else??
11:15 Added after 5 minutes

View Post7524, on 27 April 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

In reality, all these changes are just an empty story. If WG really wants to do something about it, it would return the option of players being reported for CHEATING and not for unsportsmanlike behavior. Posts like this purely a trolling of players... "Come on comrades, let's *uck sheeps in the brain"...

View Post7524, on 27 April 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

In reality, all these changes are just an empty story. If WG really wants to do something about it, it would return the option of players being reported for CHEATING and not for unsportsmanlike behavior. Posts like this purely a trolling of players... "Come on comrades, let's *uck sheeps in the brain"...

You're right. That mode is completely correct may have some correction but to remove it makes no sense.

Insert_Insult #282 Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10019 battles

View PostBracciano_gatto, on 26 April 2019 - 09:04 PM, said:

Aslain has been advised and will eventually remove the bad mods from his pack, he always does that.

You will not be punished.

Sometimes it may take a long time to allocate resources to investigate potential problems, and once you do,

you need some/a lot of time again to analyze all the pertinent data before reaching a conclusion;

which itself must be proven accurate before implementing.

All in all, long delays are expected.

And usually companies, most likely including WG for that matter, do NOT allocate a tonload of resources to minor issues like that one;

it might be perceived a huge issue by the player base, however from a business POV it is a rather small thing, but at least it get fixed eventually.

i agree, but after watching Claus regarding Obj. 430U, they decide after 2 days that it doesn't need nerfing, but rest of meds are being done.

which only goes to show that WG is not interested in fair play, but will push their own agenda.

makes me wonder if all the "illegal" mods will still be allowed on the RU server. after all, WG doesn't want to upset their main player base.

AkrapovicSBK #283 Posted 27 April 2019 - 05:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21142 battles
  • [OMNIA] OMNIA
I'm sorry, but the only way to stop cheating in this game is ban them all, or make the legit ones available only on wg servers. Everything from XVM, skins that have hitboxes and weakspots, aimbots, autoaim for weakspots, reload indicators, sights god there are so many .... only thing i use is riskynet countour icons, i will miss those, but i can live with that as long as they ban everything else. 

Paketeman #284 Posted 27 April 2019 - 05:54 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 55877 battles
  • [NEURO] NEURO

View Postdyablows, on 26 April 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

Alot of features in game was introduced as a request of community and converted from mods to in-game options.

To say that mods are killing this game is nonsense.

I just dont understand how a mod can be OK today and NOK tomorrow...

By that same rule of three we would continue with slavery.

The inclusion of mods was a wargaming maneuver thinking that it would be better for the game that we all play with the same advantages and not only those who knew how to install mods.With time it is realizing that it is more people who leave the game that the That comes in and stays. So it seems that is entering into reason and is taking another attitude in terms of mods that the only thing they do is make it almost impossible for players to make mistakes favoring a boring game.

Orry07 #285 Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20883 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

Not all mods are aimbots

Some Skin mods give you flashing lights on your tank - only you can see it but some people like that.

Now maybe that stops people buying fancy skins off WG but not every skin is a cheat

Some people think it a cheat to play with minimum video configuration - but not everybodies PC can run with grass and smoke and water and shadows etc on high

The only totally fair way to play would be with WG supplied PC's with exactly the same internet connections. 

Is it unfair that some people have ping under 10?  Is it unfair the game runs a lot smoother on a high end PC?

I got my PC some 3 years ago and I went to HD then.   Now my PC struggles with the higher video settings so I have to stop playing HD.  Do I get an unfair advantage from that as the game is easier to play when my PC is not max'd out??

Agati_ #286 Posted 28 April 2019 - 04:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21353 battles
  • [DECOY] DECOY

View PostNaydenshaco, on 24 April 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

I like these people saying ''It's not cheat it just makes it easier for you to...''.I mean hello? That's what cheat stands for.If makes some things easier for you it means it's providing you with advantage.

When we look at how Wargaming's policy was on mods in the past before the FPP was introduced, it was essentially a land of whatever was possible to put into a mod was considered ok, there was however always restrictions when playing competitively. Because of this, I would not say using a mod that has been out from that time is considered cheating, because that would imply that the person using the mod does so in dishonorable way.

And to back up my point, when we look at their own FPP-FAQ, we find this:

View PostElphaba, on 16 November 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

Can official modpaсks downloaded from the portal, contain prohibited mods?
No. We're totally fine with all mods that we recommend on the portal.

I have found 2 of 3 of the suggested mods on their own portal. Showing the direction of guns on the minimap & Displaying arrows to the closest opponents.

Edited by Agati_, 28 April 2019 - 04:59 AM.

Orry07 #287 Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20883 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

View PostAgati_, on 28 April 2019 - 04:59 AM, said:

I have found 2 of 3 of the suggested mods on their own portal. Showing the direction of guns on the minimap & Displaying arrows to the closest opponents.

The new rules come in from 1st June.

So Mod makers have until then to remove anything that is now illegal.

skankophobia #288 Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2604 battles
with regards to the 'laser pointer' mods, can't they be defeated by randomly changing the apparent orientation of the enemy tanks? if the angles are slight enough, there will be a negligible visual effect but the laser pointer will still be pointing at the wrong directions

similarly i think that scrambling the location of enemy tanks which are approaching the limit of your view range will defeat the mods which exploit the visibility mechanics, and also maybe make it a bit more realistic as well

but on the other hand, i think that tanks which open fire should have a much larger concealment penalty, perhaps extending beyond the 445m view range limit

Homer_J #289 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAgati_, on 28 April 2019 - 04:59 AM, said:

I have found 2 of 3 of the suggested mods on their own portal.

It's not the 1st of June so you wasted your time.

Duvelske #290 Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:00 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17465 battles
  • [TE5LA] TE5LA

View PostRavlar, on 24 April 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

Can you please comment on why your Mod Hub contains mods that allow some of these cheats?  How can you say don't use then allow them as part of mod packs on the approved portal?

I agree with this one. I download all my mods from the official modhub because it would be all legal mods. At least how they stated it in the past upon opening the modhub.

View PostSemzilla, on 24 April 2019 - 02:07 PM, said:

Why not just ban all mods? It appears that's the direction you're heading anyway.

Ban all mods, except this one:
forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/583433-1412-yasenkrasen-colored-messages-eng-session-statistics-multi-26042019/

Integrate it or whatever. Or make the launcher have options to turn mods on/off upon starting the game. That way EVERYONE has always legal mods. And IF someone add illegal things they know they are wrong and deserve a ban. Its simple as that.

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 24 April 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

The second one is a right cheat. If the arrow is green that enemy is not aiming at you and can't hurt you. Red means he's close and can hit you. When it changes to purple it means he sees you and is taking aim.

It's good that these are being banned....let's see how many get caught in the net in June.

This is not true, I used this mod as it was legal for only 2 markers. The 3 ones were always illegal, but the red one meant it was ABLE to shoot you from the range. Ak it has you in his viewrange and the green one was the closest one if I remember correctly

Another thing @wargaming, its that I don't play this game that often anymore or watch the news everyday. Sometimes weeks go by and I start to play again. If I would download a mod from the modhub I expect it to be fully legal and not to get banned from changes. Perhaps make a popup upon people logging in that the rules have been changed and link them to this forum page upon clicking it ingame.

Edited by Duvelske, 29 April 2019 - 09:02 AM.

Orry07 #291 Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20883 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

I believe the reputable mod makers plan to make their mods complient before the deadline.  Just like they did when the reload counter was banned in the past.  This advanced notice gives them time to do so.

Most mods need to be reinstalled every time there is a game update so by 1st June the mods linked on the WoT website should have been updated to conform to the rules as per that date.

That should mean it does not matter if you have seen the message or not the version of the mods that you will be using will be complient.  If you are loading mods other than from the links on the WoT page then you might be in trouble but then that is the case now anway.

Etre_ #292 Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58657 battles
  • [GTD] GTD
Is this mod forbidden now ?
https://wotspeak.org/mody-world-of-tanks-wot/540-indikator-napravleniya-protivnika-posle-ego-zasveta-dlya-wot.html
It's a white flash on the edge of the screen when an enemy tank gets spotted. Is not permanent. Could be assimilated with that direction mod. 

boysen #293 Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30829 battles
  • [DSOV] DSOV

Yes nice and wow...that is great but wg has spoken of banning and punish for years.

Like the main part of their communication it is jut talk talk talk.They simply dont want to come up with a software solution.

Some players might think that they realy dont want to do some serious about it as long

it force people to buy premium tank, have a premium account or spam premium ammo to have a chance.

CloudSaro #294 Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19163 battles
  • [-TWP] -TWP
Good to know although the first mod you are banning (gun direction on minimap) is still in Solo's modpack on your official modhub.. 

Edited by CloudSaro, 29 April 2019 - 07:46 PM.

Orry07 #295 Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20883 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

View PostCloudSaro, on 29 April 2019 - 07:39 PM, said:

Good to know although the first mod you are banning (gun direction on minimap) is still in Solo's modpack on your official modhub.. 

Banning from the 1st of June.

So they have until then to remove it

RSAC #296 Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12312 battles
  • [MUSS] MUSS
Yet the bots are still here ruining everyone's fun...

Attached Thumbnails

Homer_J #297 Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDuvelske, on 29 April 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

Another thing @wargaming, its that I don't play this game that often anymore or watch the news everyday. Sometimes weeks go by and I start to play again. If I would download a mod from the modhub I expect it to be fully legal and not to get banned from changes. Perhaps make a popup upon people logging in that the rules have been changed and link them to this forum page upon clicking it ingame.

The new rules come in from the 1st June.  Every major patch and some  minor ones force you to install new versions of mods so plenty of time for that to be sorted out.

CloudSaro #298 Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19163 battles
  • [-TWP] -TWP

View PostOrry07, on 29 April 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

Banning from the 1st of June.

So they have until then to remove it

Ah, I didn't see that part.. thanks for the info

Edited by CloudSaro, 10 May 2019 - 12:14 AM.

Private_Soldier #299 Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7354 battles
let me say something about fair play policy:  before my old account was banned i was more a collector then a gamer. I had +30 tier 10 tanks, 60+ premiums tanks and so on. I loved to play the game and collect tanks. I use my free exp to buy tanks and collected them. I loved the game but i was a terrible player.  Bad stats and so on.... my day as a game junkie were being insulted everyday by other players, uninstall game, go play tetris and so on....    I loved the game but the insults everyday were hard to bear.   So what did i do:  i started to buy aim bots.  My stats didnt improve, nore my win rate.  The insults kept going everyday.   What happened:  a lifetime ban off course.    My question to WG:  i like fail play  and i only ask you to have a zero tolerance on bad behaviour during the game.  When people insult other gamers:  1 week ban, when they insult again, then give them a lifetime ban.  Thats fair play policy too.

Edited by Private_Soldier, 28 May 2019 - 08:48 PM.

Gruff_ #300 Posted 01 June 2019 - 06:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20091 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
This goes live today, how many scumbags bit the dust?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users