302 replies to this topic

BonjiOrongji #41 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42364 battles
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE

View PostNO1Z3TR4UMA, on 24 April 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Maybe a dumb question but uhmm, pls don't shoot me for asking this:

• Leaving any tags or indicators located on the playing field where the opponent was spotted by someone from the player’s team. 

Not sure if this is in vanilla client but does this count as tags on the playing field? (last seen position from enemy on map)

And the automatic spot range circle doesnt matters, this is allowed right?

- thats in the vanilla client

- thats on the minimap and not the playing field

Morgan_the_Reaper #42 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 78200 battles
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S

View PostDexatroph

So before you read the article properly you start raging in the forum? gjob.

Its not rage its simple . No reason to tell what forbidden if you allow it in your official forum . Today its like ''you can cheat until 1 june''

Dexatroph #43 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:24 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 47500 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 24 April 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

My heart bleeds for them.

I remember having a discussion on this forum with a unicum about the 'nearest enemy' one. He didn't think it was a cheat or gave advantage, why use it then?

1. It was not a forbidden modification and is not forbidden till end of may. So the "unicum" was right at this point.

2. WG can decide to forbid or allow specific modification at any time without consulting all their players and hear their opinions, but each player can have an opinion whether this is an unfair advantage.

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 24 April 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

The second one is a right cheat. If the arrow is green that enemy is not aiming at you and can't hurt you. Red means he's close and can hit you. When it changes to purple it means he sees you and is taking aim.

Your description is wrong. It does not show you which tank is aiming at you. It just shows which tanks around you and on what tanks are in line of sight. 

Edited by Dexatroph, 24 April 2019 - 04:29 PM.

BravelyRanAway #44 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23803 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostDexatroph, on 24 April 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

So the "unicum" was right at this point.

Eeer...no, it was last year and the rule was that a mod that clearly gives advantage is against the rules. Feigned ignorance is not a defense.

PAPACONSTANTINOY_1 #45 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40190 battles
  • [ANGR] ANGR
you can do this......delete the file RES mods.......and secure the game.......but some people of you in wargaming ....sell  bots....you take the money  nadi everything its OK.............

laceleste #46 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44841 battles

Excellent, now beyond these changes I would like to propose a ban on xvm please.

Dexatroph #47 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 47500 battles

View PostMorgan_the_Reaper, on 24 April 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

Its not rage its simple . No reason to tell what forbidden if you allow it in your official forum . Today its like ''you can cheat until 1 june''

Maybe you should read the article again.  Today it is not like "You can cheat until 1st of june". They extend the list of forbidden mods by that date. They are no cheats! The lawmaker also changes things from time to time at a specific date. This does not make you criminal just because you are allowed to still use them. Its standard behavior and I like how it is handled as people should be informed beforehand with enough time to hear about this change. 
15:37 Added after 1 minute

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 24 April 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

Eeer...no, it was last year and the rule was that a mod that clearly gives advantage is against the rules. Feigned ignorance is not a defense.

Your ignorance at this point is not an argument. However, nothing we have to discuss further at it makes no difference. 

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #48 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2401 battles
  • [Y-] Y-

:ohmy: RIP my damage and win rate .

Spoiler

Unicums_4_Dinner #49 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 70896 battles
  • [CLANX] CLANX

Seems WG doesn't even know the "X-Ray" Mod, looking through houses and hills etc. start to ban that too and very fast pls.

Its an secretly underground mod, which occurs for just 1 week after update. 

Gruff_ #50 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18836 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Remove All Mods - Vanilla for everyone as previous posters have asked for, this is the best solution to all those with inflated stats and egos plus it will help reverse some of the toxicity and give a level playing field so everyone knows exactly where they sit on it which is better for pure stat chasers and their opponents.

Edited by Gruff_, 24 April 2019 - 04:44 PM.

slo_miki #51 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41483 battles
  • [SW0T] SW0T
as long as you are on black wot side mod for sale, the people cheat  the best way remove res mod folder and all ok put in game  all legal things to choise  check it or no so all player have the same options

Edited by slo_miki, 24 April 2019 - 04:51 PM.

CmdRatScabies #52 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38475 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I'd have sworn that mods 2 and 3 were already banned.  I recall OldSkool changing his version of the second one so that it only showed one pointer after he had it clarified by WG.  And I thought the 3rd one was banned ages ago.

lolomantasss #53 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2637 battles
pls do not ban any cheats. the more cheats players use - the more popular game will be

Nortek_ #54 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27534 battles
  • [-1O1-] -1O1-

View PostCommunity, on 24 April 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

We're continuing our efforts against cheaters and updating the Fair Play Policy.
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/fair-play-policy-update-april-2019/">The full text of the news item</a>

Hi: Support. I download Wot mods and also the SOLO mod pack. it contains the gun signal mod on the mini folder .. Now I wipe it off because some little [edited]guessed it was a forbidden mod ..
16:02 Added after 2 minutes
Ogre Ninja not forbidden mod ... ?????

Vielfurz #55 Posted 24 April 2019 - 05:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 39576 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT

What I like best about this current discussion is that we all agree that there are cheats being used. Yes I call them cheats, some call them "prohibited software". So no " there are no cheats" comments. Thats an improvement.

While I agree theres many nice and creative mods (especially garage mods) and many modders offering a good range of mods, investing a lot of time etc. I do not see the point why WG hangs on so tightly allowing mods at all.
Why distinguish between prohibited and not prohibited software ( this almost feels like the gold ammo/ premium ammo wording discussion) if you could simply forbid all mods. It would even make detection (using mods) so much easier and probably even gain WG a dedicated playerbase again.
Ofc there will be an outcry by a few players but I am sure it would turn out positive if they could be sure (lets say 99% - as there is always a way to "cheat&quot;) cheating is not possible anymore. New players will always (sooner or later) think about being cheated if they loose just because there are mods.
I understand that it would need some more discussion but do you think you really know how the players feel about that ? Whats so great about using mods if you have to watch carefully which mods you use; or you do not use any mods but then feel at a disadvantage ?
Personally I have played with mods and without, happy to notice that WG has integrated quite a few over the years. From my experience I can say that right now, as WoT is, you do not need any mod at all.
That was my input, I know some disagree and I know some will agree. My final suggestion :

- make a poll : what do the players think about making WoT modfree
- introduce a new server on which no mods are allowed 

M0nsterTr4x #56 Posted 24 April 2019 - 05:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32201 battles
  • [C-LOT] C-LOT

I'm fine with those mods being banned, but i think many that replied before are just way too emotional. 

Mods in general shouldnt be banned, they do bring new ideas that WG may implement into the vanilla client at some point.

Its good to see WG is busy in all corners of the game to see what can be improved. 

So far this year has been great for the game, keep it up.

(I'm not saying that all the changes are perfect (such as proposed rebalances in Japan tech tree) but in general the game is in a better place and i'm having more fun)

Weak_man #57 Posted 24 April 2019 - 05:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7040 battles
  • [AMURG] AMURG

View Postvuque, on 24 April 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

Banning all mods will not be the solution you think it will be. It will create more problems than it solves and as we repeatedly pointed out, we don't want to ban all the mods; we are totally happy with the good mods enhancing your  game play experience as long as they are not providing any unfair advantage.

New Fair Play Policy rules will come into force on June 1.

All players mods should be located in wg server and server to check them.

wsatnutter #58 Posted 24 April 2019 - 05:17 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26168 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postguest273, on 24 April 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

What the hell happened to this community???

4 years ago on the forum I was like: "Mods are unfair and give some players advantage, therefore should be banned!" - instantly dropped by 10 dislikes on my post, 5 people in the forum quoting me and telling me I'm stupid and 1 guy PMing me that "you should install these mods too to make it fair".

Suddenly nowadays everyone is a white knight..

this

BravelyRanAway #59 Posted 24 April 2019 - 05:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23803 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostDexatroph, on 24 April 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

Your ignorance at this point is not an argument. However, nothing we have to discuss further at it makes no difference. 

Seriously? It has always been stated by WG that any mod which gives a clear advantage in game was forbidden and if you used something like that it was at your own risk. I understood that at the time as did many others who commented in that thread, I'm not ignorant in anyway, but you are feigning ignorance in defense of something you know was forbidden.

Enherjaren #60 Posted 24 April 2019 - 05:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 66378 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View PostRavlar, on 24 April 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

Can you please comment on why your Mod Hub contains mods that allow some of these cheats?  How can you say don't use then allow them as part of mod packs on the approved portal?

View PostTomoVinkovic96, on 24 April 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

Well thats wierd. All these forbidden mods are in your ModHub, as part of some of the most popular modpacks. I really hope you will clean up that mess first.

Reading is soooo hard:
"So far, these modifications are not forbidden yet – the new Fair Play Policy rules will come into force on June 1. However, we're taking this opportunity to notify you in advance, so if you're currently using these mods, please remove them."

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users