EBR scout garbage

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Procjon #1 Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57995 battles

Hello,

After 4 months of having break from WOT - financially and mentally - as a result of WG going in a wrong direction - in my opinion - i came back to play some and what i see?

EBR light tanks.

In the past WG changes caused other scouts i have played to become obsolete by nerfing different factors of the tank or by removing "that one thing that makes a tank special" or by simply introducing new 'better' successors but here we have a new low.

When it comes to facing EBR 1v1 with anything besides FAST medium and scout it is game over. I didn't have it with other scouts in the past, of course i had difficulties with TD and Heavy but because of most scouts CAN NOT reverse same fast as forward i could predict "next move".

Even with fast medium it takes some challenge to keep up the circling the hull and aiming is just another challenge. 

Back to the main point, i find my scouts kind of useless in duel 1v1. Most of shots i do are in auto-aim as this EBR is too fast to try to shoot it the regular way in the dog fight 1v1 and MOST of my shots get eaten by EBR like nothing happened. no dmg to wheels, no wheels being tracked, few games ago i shot like 7 times and 0 dmg.

Another negative about EBR....when i see it in the game i must remind myself this game is about TANKS not about some racing - for me this tank is just new low for WG.

Conclusion:

WG doesn't give a F about anything except to get as much $$$ as possible - which i knew - and it continues introducing BETTER tanks in order to milk the players, unfortunately it causes an increase in the number of tanks which collect only a dust unless you don't care about winning and you like to drive tanks that are noncompetitive vs new ones.

HF

Balc0ra #2 Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70170 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Sounds like you keep attacking them the same way expecting different results. Only to fail the same way. They are fast. But blind and useless as even active scouts. So keep an eye on where they appear, and then use range vs going in alone. As that's a weapon they don't have. As they need to be close to spot you if you are in cover. You don't if you have 445m. As then you can spot them and fire way before they can even see you. And sure half their side are wheels. Just like half the side of an ELC is tracks. And I've done more zero damage crits to the ELC on the move running after it vs lights.

Use manual aim. Trust me. Running after them with auto aim where half the shots hit behind or at the wheels is not gonna work. If you have to use it. Wait for them to turn so your shots don't land to far back or hit wheels. I don't even use auto aim in my wheeled lights vs them.

View PostProcjon, on 24 April 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

Another negative about EBR....when i see it in the game i must remind myself this game is about TANKS not about some racing - for me this tank is just new low for WG.

Atm there are 3 groups regarding this. Those that hate them "your group". But has never really played them to see that what you rage about, it's not that common or easy to pull off. Then you have the group that have played them, but hate them too. But for different reasons. As in most feel they are useless as active scouts. That WG wanted them to be. Then you have the 3rd group that loves them.

You could say the same about the 28.01 back in the day when he ran around with a 150 pen HEAT shell about it's 3 "fan" groups.

Edited by Balc0ra, 24 April 2019 - 11:13 PM.

WindSplitter1 #3 Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:41 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18755 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 April 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

Sounds like you keep attacking them the same way expecting different results. Only to fail the same way. They are fast. But blind and useless as even active scouts. So keep an eye on where they appear, and then use range vs going in alone. As that's a weapon they don't have. As they need to be close to spot you if you are in cover. You don't if you have 445m. As then you can spot them and fire way before they can even see you. And sure half their side are wheels. Just like half the side of an ELC is tracks. And I've done more zero damage crits to the ELC on the move running after it vs lights.

Use manual aim. Trust me. Running after them with auto aim where half the shots hit behind or at the wheels is not gonna work. If you have to use it. Wait for them to turn so your shots don't land to far back or hit wheels. I don't even use auto aim in my wheeled lights vs them.

Atm there are 3 groups regarding this. Those that hate them "your group". But has never really played them to see that what you rage about, it's not that common or easy to pull off. Then you have the group that have played them, but hate them too. But for different reasons. As in most feel they are useless as active scouts. That WG wanted them to be. Then you have the 3rd group that loves them.

You could say the same about the 28.01 back in the day when he ran around with a 150 pen HEAT shell about it's 3 "fan" groups.

Chaffee

59-16

AMX "the real ELC" bis

VK 28.01

M41 Walker Bulldog

SP I C

All unique.

All butchered to death.

Now we have WVs.

WG please don't take those as they are fun to play with.

#3rdGroupSupporter

CraftyVeteran #4 Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6390 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-
hey look an EBR whine thread. Haven't seen one of these before...

Procjon #5 Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57995 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 April 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

So keep an eye on where they appear, and then use range vs going in alone.

EBR is first tank that i see can cut so much distance between two teams without same level punishment as other scouts. I'm here 8 years and never complained about any other new scouts but with EBR the cup got full.

If i'm a scout my role is to not let enemy scout to spot my whole team without consequences. If i sit and just spot EBR then many times my team fail to dmg it because of its speed, it's damn fast and physics seem not to influence it in any negative way. With other scouts if you drive too fast you can lose control, drift, slide, what causes you to lose some speed and be easier target but not with EBR. 

I know there are some downsides of EBR but you sound like you don't know the WG's strategy about introducing new tanks. From my perspective WG's has a long history of disturbing a balance by giving us new toys and then nerfing them after while. This EBR introduction is just another way to speed up the pace of battles, same as stun mechanics, 3x arty per game and etc. Why faster pace? because it gets more $$$ for WG.

My VK 2801 has 3MOE on it and i never touched it back after it was nerfed.

HF

Edited by Procjon, 25 April 2019 - 08:25 AM.

Xqual #6 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 63319 battles

The real problem is this:
The ttank line from tier8-10 has made all other lights obsolete.
WHEN they decide to nerf the thing? The EBR75 FL 10 will remain unchanged. Making it the MOST OP thing WG has ever put into the premium shop. Not even the E25 or the defenders can claim that.

1 Tank effectively nerfed all others, and it will remain unchanged.

WG policy "We know we made a seriously overpowered premium tank. But we sure wont change it or do anything to balance it."
That is a true problem with the EBR's

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:16 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32451 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostProcjon, on 24 April 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

Back to the main point, i find my scouts kind of useless in duel 1v1. Most of shots i do are in auto-aim as this EBR is too fast to try to shoot it the regular way in the dog fight 1v1 and MOST of my shots get eaten by EBR like nothing happened. no dmg to wheels, no wheels being tracked, few games ago i shot like 7 times and 0 dmg.

So don't fight them 1v1. Messing up other lights and similar lightly armored tanks is pretty much the EBRs thing so if you fight them on their terms you should expect to get owned.

That said you vastly out spot them so you should never get caught out on open ground.

tajj7 #8 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27254 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostXqual, on 25 April 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

The EBR75 FL 10 will remain unchanged. Making it the MOST OP thing WG has ever put into the premium shop. Not even the E25 or the defenders can claim that.

What utter complete nonsense. 

The EBR is nowhere near as difficult to deal with, idiot proof or OP as a defender, your comment is just plain stupid. EBR has no armour, like the same health as tier 6 heavies, has tier 1 levels of view range, it is far far far easier to deal with by lower tiers than a Defender is, a Defender is like immune to most tier 6s and 7s and pretty much two shots half of them.

For the majority of the playerbase, the Defender and E25 are more OP than the EBR, and the LT-432 is pretty much the same, as seen here -

Posted Image

EBR doesn't really boost players until you start getting above about 50% overall win rate, and even then lots of premiums show similar curves. 

Like the Even 90 has a WR curve similar to the EBR 75, as does the Progetto 46, as does the Somua SM, as does the Lorraine 40t, as does the Chrysler K, as does the TS-5 by early data.

If the EBR 75 is the most 'the MOST OP thing WG has ever put into the premium shop' then so are about 10+ other premiums. 

Edited by tajj7, 25 April 2019 - 09:38 AM.

vasilinhorulezz #9 Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23266 battles
Maybe don't face-hug tanks that can circle-strafe you to death, and keep your distance and use terrain to avoid getting butt-raped by those pesky OP wheelies?

Bordhaw #10 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13619 battles

View PostProcjon, on 24 April 2019 - 09:21 PM, said:

Hello,

After 4 months of having break from WOT - financially and mentally - as a result of WG going in a wrong direction - in my opinion - i came back to play some and what i see?

EBR light tanks.

In the past WG changes caused other scouts i have played to become obsolete by nerfing different factors of the tank or by removing "that one thing that makes a tank special" or by simply introducing new 'better' successors but here we have a new low.

When it comes to facing EBR 1v1 with anything besides FAST medium and scout it is game over. I didn't have it with other scouts in the past, of course i had difficulties with TD and Heavy but because of most scouts CAN NOT reverse same fast as forward i could predict "next move".

Even with fast medium it takes some challenge to keep up the circling the hull and aiming is just another challenge. 

Conclusion:

WG doesn't give a F about anything except to get as much $$$ as possible - which i knew - and it continues introducing BETTER tanks in order to milk the players, unfortunately it causes an increase in the number of tanks which collect only a dust unless you don't care about winning and you like to drive tanks that are noncompetitive vs new ones.

HF

Sell your heavy tanks.

Also tagged with EBR, scout, garbage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users