T26E5, lt432 or centurion 5/1 RAAC

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

darokzywilldestroyyou #1 Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5099 battles
  • [SASUK] SASUK

Hi I'm interested in picking up another t8 prem (have lowe only currently). I'm undecided between the three vehicles in the title. I only really want the vehicles for enjoyment, credits and frontlines not crew training.

I was thinking T26E5 or centurion as I have been making my way up the american heavy line and have been enjoying the t32 playstyle. I enjoy the hulldown invulnerability and relative mobility with a decent gun and see these two tanks as comparable to that. Would I be correct in saying so? Seen people mentioning t54 mod 1 but I don't know much about it.

The lt432 is a slight oddball compared to the tanks I do best in (heavies) but I've always enjoyed a sneaky spot and shoot play style with the type 64 and e25 especially. This tank seems like a more versatile version of the e25 with its outstanding camo and good dpm. I'm not a fan of glass canons I either like to be able to stay hidden or run away quickly if i cant use armour.

What would your suggestion be for a fun tank I can use in frontlines and make decent creds with? I may have missed something so any suggestions are welcome :)

Update for those looking in future: Went for the cent 5/1. Gun feels good with decent accuracy and pen (no need to spam gold). Turret is impenetrable bar the small cupola but be careful of derps and he splashing the top of the turret that is weak. On that note arty shreds this thing, 400hp lost for nearly every hit. Hull is bad armour wise and the whole hull feels like a bloody ammorack (safe stowage is a must) but the front plate can pull of the occasional bounce head on, although I wouldn't count on it. Hull down or shooting over a ridge this thing is beastly. Gun is great for permatracking. Makes awesome creds also. It is quite slow to accelerate, half way between a true medium and a heavy, think french heavy like amx 50 100 accel. Would recommend it :).

Edited by darokzywilldestroyyou, 29 April 2019 - 12:37 AM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:04 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View Postdarokzywilldestroyyou, on 25 April 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

I enjoy the hulldown invulnerability and relative mobility with a decent gun and see these two tanks as comparable to that. Would I be correct in saying so?

That's correct and personally i'd buy the 5/1. Better mobility, better gun handling and accuracy and very good turret armor.

View Postdarokzywilldestroyyou, on 25 April 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

The lt432 is a slight oddball compared to the tanks I do best in (heavies) but I've always enjoyed a sneaky spot and shoot play style with the type 64 and e25 especially. This tank seems like a more versatile version of the e25 with its outstanding camo and good dpm. I'm not a fan of glass canons I either like to be able to stay hidden or run away quickly if i cant use armour.

Also a good tank and lights in general are great fun, only problem is it burns a lot.

chinchillah #3 Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:23 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27373 battles

T26e5 is only good against bad players or at mid range..those weakspots are really annoying. Besides that it's the tank with most crew injuries by far since 2 crew members are sitting behind the weakspot. Side = 0 armor, getting overmatched easily. Fire is also pretty Common. 

It's nice for seal clubbing lower tiers but 8+9 will eat you alive. 

I'd go for 432 if I wouldn't totally suck at light tanks. 

IS6 is still my favorite since pref mm and good all-rounder. 

darokzywilldestroyyou #4 Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5099 battles
  • [SASUK] SASUK
Went for the cent, got a few games under my belt and it feels like its really suiting my playstyle and making good creds. Might still have to pick up the 432 though!

Edited by darokzywilldestroyyou, 26 April 2019 - 11:28 AM.

HunterXHunter8 #5 Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34728 battles

View Postdarokzywilldestroyyou, on 26 April 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

Went for the cent, got a few games under my belt and it feels like its really suiting my playstyle and making good creds. Might still have to pick up the 432 though!

with your skill level i don't recommend lt

its a hard tank as lights are very underpowered class

XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:05 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View Postdarokzywilldestroyyou, on 26 April 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

Congrats on your new tank, it's a hulldown beast with a good gun. :great:

darokzywilldestroyyou #7 Posted 27 April 2019 - 03:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5099 battles
  • [SASUK] SASUK

View PostHunterXHunter8, on 26 April 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

with your skill level i don't recommend lt

its a hard tank as lights are very underpowered class

I've played a lot of t64 and whilst I'm definitely not good I'm at least alright (50% wr I think).

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 27 April 2019 - 12:05 AM, said:

Congrats on your new tank, it's a hulldown beast with a good gun. :great:

Really liking it. Tempting me to go up the British med line especially with the top of the tree soon :hiding:.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 27 April 2019 - 04:12 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View Postdarokzywilldestroyyou, on 27 April 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

I've played a lot of t64 and whilst I'm definitely not good I'm at least alright (50% wr I think).

Really liking it. Tempting me to go up the British med line especially with the top of the tree soon :hiding:.

It's your choice of course but consider this...

• Power grinds are never without casualties whether it's your time, nerves or performance in battle.
  • You could work first on your crew in FL as that will help a lot while playing the tech tree tanks.
  • You said that you don't like glass cannons but up to tier 8 most of these mediums are. They have good mobility, camo and good guns but no armor.
  • There is supposed to be a big rebalance soon. Some of these tanks might get buffed so waiting a bit could be better than the top of the tree event.
  • The tier 10 tank, the Centurion AX is a bit weak compared to other tier 10 mediums. This also might change in the near future.

Sorry for the rant! :)

darokzywilldestroyyou #9 Posted 27 April 2019 - 08:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5099 battles
  • [SASUK] SASUK

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 27 April 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

It's your choice of course but consider this...

• Power grinds are never without casualties whether it's your time, nerves or performance in battle.
  • You could work first on your crew in FL as that will help a lot while playing the tech tree tanks.
  • You said that you don't like glass cannons but up to tier 8 most of these mediums are. They have good mobility, camo and good guns but no armor.
  • There is supposed to be a big rebalance soon. Some of these tanks might get buffed so waiting a bit could be better than the top of the tree event.
  • The tier 10 tank, the Centurion AX is a bit weak compared to other tier 10 mediums. This also might change in the near future.

Sorry for the rant! :)

No need to apologise! I've been a bit out of the loop on wot for the past few years. I think I could cope as they have the gundep and mobility to be able to avoid fire but trying never hurts :). "Rebalance" always dubious from wg haha. Thank you for the advice

geoff99 #10 Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41249 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I agree with Kuzkina

the 5/1 is the best of the top of the UK medium line. The other tanks in the line are not as good and you will be disappointed if you grind the line assuming they will be.

IMO, Cent 5/1 very good, Cent 1 ok, Cent 7/1 good, with careful play, Cent AX poor

Comet and Cromwell have different characteristics and require different gameplay.

Also LT432 is a very good tank if you know how to play lights. I wouldn't recommend it for newish players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users