Maps gameplay pointless spg

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Shklempooo #1 Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9852 battles
  • [DISCO] DISCO

I just want to point out some facts that are pointless and nonstrategic in any aspect of the game and war. (Sorry for my bad English, I hope you will get what I am going to say)
As you play SPG it's very important what map you play. Playing urban maps or maps with a lot of mountains are pointless for that role. Especially urban maps such as :

Himmelsdorf, Paris, Ruinberg where you have to be very lucky to hit someone. 

Also if you think a little those maps are too small for SPG's and its easy for any light tank to flank you and for any heavy tank to shoot you while you are trying to position your self.

If there can be an option that SPG's can be removed from the queue for those maps it would be the best solution and people won't waste time playing those maps. 

I know that new patch will bring an option where you can ban one map or 2 if you are premium but what if I like to play Himmelsdorf with heavy thank but not with SPG's... In any aspect of the war, strategy for sending SPG's in urban fights is pointless. Removing those maps from SPG's queue would save us (gamers) a lot of time and nerves...

Again I apologize if I made any mistakes by typing this. My English is not my native language but I think it's good enough that people can understand me.

DarkPacifist #2 Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:18 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30252 battles
  • [F0RGE] F0RGE
Do not play SPG, easiest solution to your problem ;)

Geno1isme #3 Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:02 AM

General

• Player
  • 46117 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostShklempooo, on 26 April 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

I just want to point out some facts that are pointless and nonstrategic in any aspect of the game and war. (Sorry for my bad English, I hope you will get what I am going to say)
As you play SPG it's very important what map you play. Playing urban maps or maps with a lot of mountains are pointless for that role. Especially urban maps such as :

Himmelsdorf, Paris, Ruinberg where you have to be very lucky to hit someone.

Nah, usually it's just a matter of positioning yourself properly. On Himmelsdorf you can bring rain on the hill or the 1-3 line, depending on the arty maybe even the heavy-tank lane. On Ensk there is the field and the railways, on Ruinberg you can pretty much always fire into several roads and the field, ...

It's quite possible for arty to even be top-damage dealer on those maps.

Only map that makes it really tricky is Empires Border.

Also if you think a little those maps are too small for SPG's and its easy for any light tank to flank you and for any heavy tank to shoot you while you are trying to position your self.

Getting spotted early is the only real issue with Arty on Himmelsdorf or Ensk, esp. with a bad spawn.

If there can be an option that SPG's can be removed from the queue for those maps it would be the best solution and people won't waste time playing those maps. 

I know that new patch will bring an option where you can ban one map or 2 if you are premium but what if I like to play Himmelsdorf with heavy thank but not with SPG's... In any aspect of the war, strategy for sending SPG's in urban fights is pointless. Removing those maps from SPG's queue would save us (gamers) a lot of time and nerves...

And then heavy tanks want the same for open maps like prokhorovka, as you'd always have triple-arty there. So on those maps you'd suddenly only have arties, lights and TDs, and things become a massive campfest (even more than they already are). Very bad idea.

Shklempooo #4 Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:28 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9852 battles
  • [DISCO] DISCO

View PostDarkPacifist, on 26 April 2019 - 09:18 AM, said:

Do not play SPG, easiest solution to your problem ;)

Well, I play with every role. Also, I don't have any favorite tank. Now I'm grinding german SPG lane. But when I get urban maps, it seems like a waste of time for me. 

1ncompetenc3 #5 Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38079 battles

There should be an option to remove SPG from all queues. I think that would save us (gamers) even more time and nerves.

Shklempooo #6 Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9852 battles
  • [DISCO] DISCO

View PostGeno1isme, on 26 April 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

Nah, usually it's just a matter of positioning yourself properly. On Himmelsdorf you can bring rain on the hill or the 1-3 line, depending on the arty maybe even the heavy-tank lane. On Ensk there is the field and the railways, on Ruinberg you can pretty much always fire into several roads and the field, ...

It's quite possible for arty to even be top-damage dealer on those maps.

Only map that makes it really tricky is Empires Border.

Getting spotted early is the only real issue with Arty on Himmelsdorf or Ensk, esp. with a bad spawn.

And then heavy tanks want the same for open maps like prokhorovka, as you'd always have triple-arty there. So on those maps you'd suddenly only have arties, lights and TDs, and things become a massive campfest (even more than they already are). Very bad idea.

I had this thinking from a long time before but the main reason why I start to hate it is that: when they released wheeled line I literally got killed in the first 2 minutes of the game 4 times in 1 hour.

That was stressful. I started cursing my team like it's their fault but it was not. Just my anger on small maps with a lot of urban places where EBR can rush through and rape me on spawn... 

Also tagged with Maps, gameplay, pointless, spg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users