• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

vuque #1 Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:40 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18105 battles
  • [YOQ] YOQ

Hello Commanders, 

Please leave your feedback on SPG Rebalance for Update 1.5, and remember to remain on-topic and constructive. 

Roll out!

heavy_archer #2 Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23741 battles
will this rebalance be reflected in arty missions? Stun missions are pain in backyard as such, when and how will the requirements be changed? I mean concrete timeframe not just " we are working on it".

SlyMeerkat #3 Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:53 PM

Major

• Player
  • 17737 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Not sure what to make of this, id much prefer if it went back to the way it was with ability to one shot and maybe limit it to 1 or 2 aside as the whole stunning in general is annoying as heck :/

FrantisekBascovansky #4 Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21428 battles

Nerfing SPG without rebalancing arty missions = more arty in the battles, which means lose-lose to all players. Even more frustrating and unrewarding gameplay for those playing arty, and even more stuns for everybody else.

Ragutis #5 Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33492 battles
  • [WARW] WARW

View Postheavy_archer, on 30 April 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

will this rebalance be reflected in arty missions? Stun missions are pain in backyard as such, when and how will the requirements be changed? I mean concrete timeframe not just " we are working on it".

Any mission involving arty needs some adjustment to balance out the nerfs please, otherwise they become near impossible

MaxPuster #6 Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16793 battles

Ok, lets get this example straight:

https://eu-wotp.wgcd...stun_now_en.jpg

If you get hit while being stunned for 23, seconds, you only remain stunned for the remaining 12 seconds.

If you are NOT stunned, you get stunned for 23.

So being stunned adds extra-protection against additional arty hits?

Splendid...

HansiVonHinten #7 Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45535 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

Why make it simple by reducing the amount of SPG's, when you can make it complicated?

Wargaming stop yourself and admit you need to remove SPG from game, give us back the credits and a fair amount of gold/premium tanks as compensation.
This slow death of SPG is so lame.

LowLancer #8 Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39924 battles
  • [-LOW-] -LOW-
I DO NOT understand why people want the 1-shot arty back. I HATED them and I definitely prefer the stun mechanic any day of the week.

Palionas #9 Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26629 battles
  • [H-ELL] H-ELL

View PostHansiVonHinten, on 01 May 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

Why make it simple by reducing the amount of SPG's, when you can make it complicated?

Wargaming stop yourself and admit you need to remove SPG from game, give us back the credits and a fair amount of gold/premium tanks as compensation.

I totaly agree !!!

VanGore78 #10 Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 70485 battles

View PostHansiVonHinten, on 01 May 2019 - 08:26 AM, said:

*Edit

21:14 Added after 3 minutes

View PostLowLancer, on 01 May 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

I DO NOT understand why people want the 1-shot arty back. I HATED them and I definitely prefer the stun mechanic any day of the week.

Me too! Getting one hit by some red bot sitting at the redline, barely able to read xvm colors and hoping for good RNG was frustrating.

However the new patch will further reduce the stun & damage. That's even better....I hope the little red bots will cry rivers of tears...

Edited by xP4_warrior, 02 May 2019 - 03:18 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Naming & Shaming

Helium_boy #11 Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 40741 battles
  • [NYSM] NYSM
In this context the last mission for Obj 260 is insane! How lucky do you have to be to get 2 retarded passive teams and an open map and a spotter that dies fast or he will be top xp... Its the hardest mission of them all because you have to be incrediblylucky to finish it with honors.

BoGustavus #12 Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10561 battles
  • [SKARR] SKARR

View PostVanGore78, on 01 May 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

*Edit

21:14 Added after 3 minutes

Me too! Getting one hit by some red bot sitting at the redline, barely able to read xvm colors and hoping for good RNG was frustrating.

However the new patch will further reduce the stun & damage. That's even better....I hope the little red bots will cry rivers of tears...

The skill in SPG, one that many high-yelling-players don't have was a combination of a few factors

1) Patience, long reload ment every shot had to count!

2) Map-awareness, this is a skill alot of players don't have no mater what you play but since SPG can't fend for themselves as a cause of (long reload and nowadays also super-low pen/alpha) 

3) Countering other sides SPG, with the tracers almost gone it is way more profitable to let other SPG be and instead hammer red team!

All of these "skills" are now reduced to basically nothing so all that is left for SPG to do now is to maximize what ever little they have, in short forgetting about red-SPG and focusing on stunning easy to hit targets right after last stun wears out causing angry players such as @VanGore78 to rage even more.

Unless SPG:s are being fazed out this is not the way forward WG.

Lack of SPG:s really speed up the gameplay yes, but what about all of the slow machines in the tech-tree and premiumshop, all of them would be rendered useless too. WoT would then turn inte a game at CS-speed with lights, fast meds and gocarts making this less of a tank game and more into a rocket league-shooter.

Also, for the benefits of all players. Ban XVM!

tajj7 #13 Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27246 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Any arty nerf is welcome and if it makes less of them appear in the game that is a positive, but really these changes are minor and you should really just get rid of the class from the game, that is what I believe the majority would be happy with and I think you know it as well.

Lethul #14 Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15146 battles
Not enough, limit the amount to 1 (or 2 if you want to take baby steps instead of solving the issue).

badabum #15 Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 49724 battles

The 1.5.0 artillery changes are barely noticeable in battle in relation to splash damage, and the multiple stun timers are too rare of an occasion to matter. 

In my opinion the main problem is the effect of the stun debuff on the affected tank. If you lower this debuff considerably, both tank and arty players will be satisfied; tank players can still get decent use of their vehicles without the urge to exit to garage, and arty players will still get their current stun assist with no nerf to their direct performance.

ShadowBlackk #16 Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6122 battles
yep the arty is the same what it was, there is no freaking change in them.........In  freaking tier VIII heavy tank i am getting 600 dmg from dumb tier VI arty with lovely 20 sec stun and then immediately get the next portion from the other 2 arty........ yea that is fair and balanced right?... if i would be masohist then i would even like it but since i am not its incredible annoying... Cmon if you guys at WG want to keep the arty strong at least limit their number/battle to 1.......so players not going to get perma stunned and become incapable shoot back or protect themselvess so they are forced to watch how their tank is blown up......

beercritch #17 Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41062 battles

Make of it what you will but ive played a dozen games tonight and just for fun kept an eye on the stun assist damage caused across all arty in all those games.

I didnt see a single match where any of the arty reached 1000 assist stun damage which is the minimum requirement of the "chose your difficulty" mission running this week. Now im not saying nobody is reaching this limit, but the changes to arty have sure killed the payout on this mission to arty players making the payout pretty rare

Edited by beercritch, 03 May 2019 - 12:10 AM.

_KARKHOV_ #18 Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 29944 battles

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 30 April 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

Not sure what to make of this, id much prefer if it went back to the way it was with ability to one shot and maybe limit it to 1 or 2 aside as the whole stunning in general is annoying as heck :/

that would b nice is better to die in one shot than try to play with all that crapnow
03:07 Added after 2 minutes

View Postbeercritch, on 02 May 2019 - 11:10 PM, said:

Make of it what you will but ive played a dozen games tonight and just for fun kept an eye on the stun assist damage caused across all arty in all those games.

I didnt see a single match where any of the arty reached 1000 assist stun damage which is the minimum requirement of the "chose your difficulty" mission running this week. Now im not saying nobody is reaching this limit, but the changes to arty have sure killed the payout on this mission to arty players making the payout pretty rare

that missions look more dificult becouse the skill base on most arty players is lower than average

Edited by _KARKHOV_, 03 May 2019 - 04:07 AM.

snuble #19 Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:26 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35006 battles
Just remove them. Or give them HP like other tanks and make them derp TDs

bohica666 #20 Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44479 battles
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD

Ok guys I am going to get a little specific here, I understand the arty nerf, I dont think its a good idea but its the way it is but I want to talk about the Conqueror Gun Carrier tier 10 arty. 

Ok you alter  the damage it can do with one shot understandable.

OK you alter the amount of stun damage it can do understandable.

Now we come to the problem as I see it, you change its maximum range from I believe it was 1320 meters to 850 meters, that is a HUGE nerf its 34% of its pre nerf effective range.

You have at a single stroke removed this tank from clan wars and made it almost useless in random games as it can now no longer fire in a straight line from the bottom of the map to the top

bearing in mind most maps are 1000 meters it now has to go out into open ground (just like the FV304 but thats tier 6 so not so vital) to have any chance of supporting its team as they attack

or is your aim to turn this tank into a purely defensive peice that can only help the team when they are carrying out a last ditch stand?

I paid 6 million credits for this tank, spent many hours grinding the 278k xp needed for it and spent many of my xp boosters doing so and right now I feel you stole all that from me by

changing the tank so much it is no longer useful in game, I will be interested to see if you make any reply about this as I think someone somewhere was drunk when they altered that

stat. 

If you wanted to nerf the range ok then nerf it to a level where you can still use the tank 1150m would have been reasonable, 1000m would have been starting to get silly but 850 is just MORONIC

for a tier 10 arty. I doubt there is a single owner of this tank that is happy with the range nerf, we can swallow the damage and stun nerf but this is just beyond what is sane.

Discuss.......:popcorn:

Also tagged with 1.5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users