Jump to content


A Sneak Peek of May's Specials


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 27 April 2019 - 06:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 28,895
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Are you excited for May, commanders? You should be!

The full text of the news item

1ncompetenc3 #2 Posted 27 April 2019 - 06:06 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 38079 battles
  • 12,014
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

Quote

This month, we're introducing historical special! And we will start with one of the most iconic battles from World War II: Monte Cassino.

 

I'll admit that caught my eye.



VarzA #3 Posted 27 April 2019 - 06:30 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24889 battles
  • 1,774
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

Interesting Monte Cassino special, but i'm not sure it was the right one to pick, the allies exited that battle with some moral baggage.

 

A 'cleaner' one might have been better.


Edited by VarzA, 27 April 2019 - 06:31 AM.


Vitezpomijar #4 Posted 27 April 2019 - 06:31 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42018 battles
  • 207
  • [TAKE] TAKE
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013
Still no ranked.. :(

DeadLecter #5 Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:00 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29837 battles
  • 1,625
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016
What about ToTT?

TheArk_2014 #6 Posted 27 April 2019 - 08:59 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 65037 battles
  • 1,247
  • [AETOS] AETOS
  • Member since:
    01-03-2014

View PostVitezpomijar, on 27 April 2019 - 05:31 AM, said:

Still no ranked.. :(

 

View PostDeadLecter, on 27 April 2019 - 06:00 AM, said:

What about ToTT?

 

 

Ranked Battles, TotT and other special events, usually are not including in the "Sneak Peek" articles.

 

It is strange that they included the "Monte Cassino" event.

 

:)


Edited by TheArk_2014, 27 April 2019 - 09:01 AM.


eekeeboo #7 Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:15 AM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46430 battles
  • 2,284
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010
Top of the Tree details will be coming very soon! 

SlyMeerkat #8 Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:30 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 17782 battles
  • 2,765
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
Nice

FryTheFly #9 Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:33 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26803 battles
  • 230
  • Member since:
    02-06-2013
Nice

Zoggo_ #10 Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:13 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30386 battles
  • 402
  • [ZOGGO] ZOGGO
  • Member since:
    05-11-2013

Always enjoy Military Parade Special and Monte Cassino bear emblems look cool :)

 

Please consider changing "XP Fever" special to include some bonuses to tech tree vehicles rather than just premium vehicles and tier X. In PR terms it doesn't make WG look good and comes across as just a way to get customers to use up gold to convert xp to free xp (and yes I do realise nobody is forcing anyone to do this).

 

 



Simona2k #11 Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:52 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 2430 battles
  • 653
  • [GGLT] GGLT
  • Member since:
    10-01-2017

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 27 April 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

Nice

 

View PostFryTheFly, on 27 April 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

Nice

 

Nice

Miepie #12 Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3114 battles
  • 529
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

I'm just a bit worried that in the mind of WG, the Battle of Cassino means either gambling with lootboxes [1], or a looooong week in which Abbey is the only map in rotation. :teethhappy:

 

[1] ...or Russian roulette...



Ciki_el_Tigre #13 Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:27 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 60123 battles
  • 80
  • [WP_OS] WP_OS
  • Member since:
    12-01-2013
21-27

"21-27 May: This month, we're introducing historical special!

And we will start with one of the most iconic battles from World War II: Monte Cassino"

 

Monte Cassino is a hill with Monastery dominated the nearby town of Cassino, on the road to Rome

American bombers dropped 1,400 tons of high explosives, but failed to achieve its objective, German paratroopers occupied the rubble and established excellent defensive positions amid the ruins. Between 17 January and 18 May, Monte Cassino were assaulted four times by Allied troops without success! 

They are attacked with cannons, mortars and special units, but not with tanks because the tanks could not be used there.

 

So it was not a tank battle, but mostly a difficult fight between infantry and paratroopers. In Ardennes was big tanks battle, but in Monte Cassino - NEVER.


Edited by Ciki_el_Tigre, 27 April 2019 - 02:32 PM.


WindSplitter1 #14 Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:40 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18728 battles
  • 3,133
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View Posteekeeboo, on 27 April 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

Top of the Tree details will be coming very soon! 

 

"I won't tell if you don't so... shh..." :D:trollface::teethhappy:

 

Ahaha. Very nice, sir.


Edited by WindSplitter1, 27 April 2019 - 02:41 PM.


Horcan #15 Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:44 PM

    The Great Hunter

  • Player
  • 61348 battles
  • 487
  • [DACUS] DACUS
  • Member since:
    01-30-2011
Did WG ran out of hot chicks? :(
On the other hand, you should give those decals/inscriptions/emblems more often, or randomly in the reward crates ( 3 or multiplied at a time, so you can use them on a tank for each type of map ). I personally and from what i can see in games, not many people find very tempting the gold cost to equip tanks with such things. Or make them available for credits, even if its high cost ( like 100k for 1 piece ).

Edited by Horcan, 27 April 2019 - 02:50 PM.


Sir_Armand #16 Posted 27 April 2019 - 06:59 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19518 battles
  • 185
  • [FILO2] FILO2
  • Member since:
    06-26-2011

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 27 April 2019 - 06:06 AM, said:

Quote

This month, we're introducing historical special! And we will start with one of the most iconic battles from World War II: Monte Cassino.

 

I'll admit that caught my eye.

 

Same here, my spontaneous reaction is: YES!!!  :-)
I love to see more historical events, well done WG, Kudos!
18:07 Added after 8 minutes

View PostHorcan, on 27 April 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

Did WG ran out of hot chicks? :(
On the other hand, you should give those decals/inscriptions/emblems more often, or randomly in the reward crates ( 3 or multiplied at a time, so you can use them on a tank for each type of map ). I personally and from what i can see in games, not many people find very tempting the gold cost to equip tanks with such things. Or make them available for credits, even if its high cost ( like 100k for 1 piece ).

 

I disagree, I think that it's great when WG can make money on non-game-influencing items, like cosmetic changes.

Homer_J #17 Posted 27 April 2019 - 08:31 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31411 battles
  • 34,211
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostCiki_el_Tigre, on 27 April 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

So it was not a tank battle, but mostly a difficult fight between infantry and paratroopers. In Ardennes was big tanks battle, but in Monte Cassino - NEVER.

 

That didn't stop WG making the Abbey map based on it and using it for a special several times before.

etody77 #18 Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 71387 battles
  • 1,155
  • [RO-3V] RO-3V
  • Member since:
    09-12-2015

View PostCiki_el_Tigre, on 27 April 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

21-27

"21-27 May: This month, we're introducing historical special!

And we will start with one of the most iconic battles from World War II: Monte Cassino"

 

Monte Cassino is a hill with Monastery dominated the nearby town of Cassino, on the road to Rome

American bombers dropped 1,400 tons of high explosives, but failed to achieve its objective, German paratroopers occupied the rubble and established excellent defensive positions amid the ruins. Between 17 January and 18 May, Monte Cassino were assaulted four times by Allied troops without success! 

They are attacked with cannons, mortars and special units, but not with tanks because the tanks could not be used there.

 

So it was not a tank battle, but mostly a difficult fight between infantry and paratroopers. In Ardennes was big tanks battle, but in Monte Cassino - NEVER.

 

But in this battle polish infantry proved once again his bravery, atacking to the last man

hipper101 #19 Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:48 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 15932 battles
  • 104
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
  • Member since:
    11-21-2017

View Postetody77, on 27 April 2019 - 11:34 PM, said:

 

But in this battle polish infantry proved once again his bravery, atacking to the last man

 

They do the same in randoms. Die in the first 4min. And after the battle i have to blacklist half of em. :trollface:

SKiller_hr #20 Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:06 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 28546 battles
  • 18
  • [EL_SQ] EL_SQ
  • Member since:
    08-18-2011
Anyone know when will be promotion better value for converting tank exp with gold to free exp?




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users