Jump to content


What exactly is wrong with playing like this?


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

VeryRisky #1 Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:39 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 18469 battles
  • 8,882
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012

It's a SPG.  It has massively less firepower than the other classes.   Without a team you can't see anything and can;'t defend yourself.   What it does have is inderect fire so the player you've hit can't shoot you back.   But he's only getting shot because you can see him and that's because someone on your team is spotting him.   No team, no shot.   IF they shut down your spotters, you dn't have targets.   If they push hard, you can only get a few shots in because you are having to re-aim and terrain is likely to get in the way.   In order for you to do a lot, you need your team to hold them up, and keep them spotted.   Again you need your team.

 

SPGs make no sense if you are trying to play WOT as a solo game.   In a team context, it's different, a good SPG make the teams good play more effective.  The counter to SPG fire is to outplay the other team.   Keep they spotted more effectively that they are spotting you, lure  them into advancing into your guns, rather than blundering into their fire.

 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4862401#steppes-notatallrisky-m44

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4845191#abbey-veryrisky-m44

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4827149#overlord-notatallrisky-m44

 

 

You don't get win games in an SPG by staring at XVM numbers, or chasing lights around the map looking for one big damage hit.    You do it by landing shots on their tanks which are engaged with yours in the right place at the right time.

 

Look at any of those replays and explain how the other team lost because of my unfair tank, rather than because my team played better than theirs.

 

 



Dorander #2 Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:41 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 20369 battles
  • 4,791
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012
Yay, let's do ANOTHER of these threads. Maybe this time it'll end well! :sceptic:

LincolnTank #3 Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:43 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8064 battles
  • 187
  • Member since:
    11-17-2015

View PostDorander, on 27 April 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

Yay, let's do ANOTHER of these threads. Maybe this time it'll end well! :sceptic:

I’ll bring the popcorn 



depressed_jellyfish #4 Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:47 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 9962 battles
  • 54
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    04-19-2018

View PostLincolnTank, on 27 April 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

I’ll bring the popcorn 

I'll get the beers! :D



DuncaN_101 #5 Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:57 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 55030 battles
  • 2,756
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011
i'll bring the chairs

barison1 #6 Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:00 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41665 battles
  • 1,525
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

i will bring the cardboard

 

 

 

uuuh i mean dry salty snacks



XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:00 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 3,783
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostLincolnTank, on 27 April 2019 - 11:43 PM, said:

I’ll bring the popcorn 

 

What the hell is the matter with you people? Don't you eat anything else on these forums???

 

Yeah it's easy to get in but requires an exorcism to go out! :deer:


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 27 April 2019 - 11:18 PM.


Dorander #8 Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:01 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 20369 battles
  • 4,791
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 27 April 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

 

What the hell is the matter with you people? Don't you eat anything else on these forums???

 

Yeah it's easy to get in but in requires an exorcism to go out! :deer:

 

Nah, it'll pop out on its own. :hiding:

XxKuzkina_MatxX #9 Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:11 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 3,783
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostDorander, on 28 April 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

Nah, it'll pop out on its own. :hiding:

 

I am not a chicken ya orange person! :)

Dorander #10 Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:20 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 20369 battles
  • 4,791
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 27 April 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:

 

I am not a chicken ya orange person! :)

 



NekoPuffer_PPP #11 Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:24 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32907 battles
  • 3,396
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostVeryRisky, on 27 April 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

It's a SPG.  It has massively less firepower than the other classes.   Without a team you can't see anything and can;'t defend yourself.   What it does have is inderect fire so the player you've hit can't shoot you back.   But he's only getting shot because you can see him and that's because someone on your team is spotting him.   No team, no shot.   IF they shut down your spotters, you dn't have targets.   If they push hard, you can only get a few shots in because you are having to re-aim and terrain is likely to get in the way.   In order for you to do a lot, you need your team to hold them up, and keep them spotted.   Again you need your team.

 

SPGs make no sense if you are trying to play WOT as a solo game.   In a team context, it's different, a good SPG make the teams good play more effective.  The counter to SPG fire is to outplay the other team.   Keep they spotted more effectively that they are spotting you, lure  them into advancing into your guns, rather than blundering into their fire.

 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4862401#steppes-notatallrisky-m44

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4845191#abbey-veryrisky-m44

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4827149#overlord-notatallrisky-m44

 

 

You don't get win games in an SPG by staring at XVM numbers, or chasing lights around the map looking for one big damage hit.    You do it by landing shots on their tanks which are engaged with yours in the right place at the right time.

 

Look at any of those replays and explain how the other team lost because of my unfair tank, rather than because my team played better than theirs.

 

Anyone can play arty.

 

But not anyone can play it well.

 

I remember a battle on Ruinberg, we were being capped, the cap meter rose to 100, but just before the cap succeeded, I fired a shot blindly into the cap with my FV207, and reset it.

 

In that battle, 3 tanks were capping at one point, and the cap went higher than 90 several times, but my allies kept the enemy spotted, and I was able to reset each and every time.

 

For the first time in months, as an artillery player, I was congratulated by several teammates for greatly contributing to the win.

 

Maybe this, these rare moments of glory, are the reason why I still play. :izmena:



XxKuzkina_MatxX #12 Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:36 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 3,783
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostDorander, on 28 April 2019 - 12:20 AM, said:

 

 

Western subversive nuggets, RAPORTET! :izmena:

 



Laur_Balaur_XD #13 Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37100 battles
  • 761
  • [FOXX] FOXX
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011
What exactly is the point of this thread? :confused:

XxKuzkina_MatxX #14 Posted 27 April 2019 - 11:55 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 3,783
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostLaur_Balaur_XD, on 28 April 2019 - 12:48 AM, said:

What exactly is the point of this thread? :confused:

 

Some of us can't handle fried grains! :(

etody77 #15 Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:04 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 71566 battles
  • 1,171
  • [RO-3V] RO-3V
  • Member since:
    09-12-2015

View PostVeryRisky, on 27 April 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

It's a SPG.  It has massively less firepower than the other classes.   Without a team you can't see anything and can;'t defend yourself.   What it does have is inderect fire so the player you've hit can't shoot you back.   But he's only getting shot because you can see him and that's because someone on your team is spotting him.   No team, no shot.   IF they shut down your spotters, you dn't have targets.   If they push hard, you can only get a few shots in because you are having to re-aim and terrain is likely to get in the way.   In order for you to do a lot, you need your team to hold them up, and keep them spotted.   Again you need your team.

 

SPGs make no sense if you are trying to play WOT as a solo game.   In a team context, it's different, a good SPG make the teams good play more effective.  The counter to SPG fire is to outplay the other team.   Keep they spotted more effectively that they are spotting you, lure  them into advancing into your guns, rather than blundering into their fire.

 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4862401#steppes-notatallrisky-m44

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4845191#abbey-veryrisky-m44

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4827149#overlord-notatallrisky-m44

 

 

You don't get win games in an SPG by staring at XVM numbers, or chasing lights around the map looking for one big damage hit.    You do it by landing shots on their tanks which are engaged with yours in the right place at the right time.

 

Look at any of those replays and explain how the other team lost because of my unfair tank, rather than because my team played better than theirs.

 

 

 

Because:

Enemy has always better arty players

Together with stun, arty lost pen, gained spalsh radius, accuracy, and DPM

you cant take cover from arty fire almost nowhere now

before having stun, arty was a noob friendly class, now is cancer

I have arty, i click sometimes, and it's sad to see a poor tier 6 deleted by american arty...



breeeze #16 Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:39 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 34818 battles
  • 622
  • [S4] S4
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014
Broken doesn't mean OP. OP doesn't mean broken. Arty is broken, arty is not OP.

_snowfIake__ #17 Posted 28 April 2019 - 06:24 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27878 battles
  • 673
  • Member since:
    08-16-2012

I started playing arty to get a girl. It is not fun. Not just because of the arty. It's watching others from above. Like watching NPC tanks with very basic "intelligence".

 



The_Salty_Kipper #18 Posted 28 April 2019 - 06:33 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 2397 battles
  • 141
  • Member since:
    01-16-2018

View PostVeryRisky, on 27 April 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

You don't get win games in an SPG by staring at XVM numbers, or chasing lights around the map looking for one big damage hit.    You do it by landing shots on their tanks which are engaged with yours in the right place at the right time.

 

Look at any of those replays and explain how the other team lost because of my unfair tank, rather than because my team played better than theirs.

 

The main problem is that currently it is almost 'impossible' to outplay SPGs, they can splash damage you from almost anywhere, even if you try to be SPG safe behind limited cover. Given that and the devastating effect 3x SPGs can have on a battle, depending on map, they are regarded (and imo quite rightly so) , as either OP, or really dumb depending on your pov.

 

The best thing would be to make SPG players choose between either a damage shell or a stun shell, but not both together, then it would really be a case of using skill and good judgement, and seeing if you know the best way to help your team.. 



PointZero #19 Posted 28 April 2019 - 06:49 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 45454 battles
  • 1,185
  • Member since:
    02-03-2011

View PostVeryRisky, on 28 April 2019 - 12:39 AM, said:

Look at any of those replays and explain how the other team lost because of my unfair tank, rather than because my team played better than theirs.

 



etody77 #20 Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:53 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 71566 battles
  • 1,171
  • [RO-3V] RO-3V
  • Member since:
    09-12-2015

View Postbreeeze, on 28 April 2019 - 01:39 AM, said:

Broken doesn't mean OP. OP doesn't mean broken. Arty is broken, arty is not OP.

 

arty will be broken after next patch

sure, there are some SPG's that need a little love, not many, one is french tier 9

but the others, from tier 6 and above....

if i have a bad day with other tanks i play arty

fun 100% even in defeats






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users