Jump to content


Centurion MK Raac ammo cost scam.Why buy premium?


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Grimmx #1 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:00 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13897 battles
  • 385
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

I bought the last Centurion MK Raac at the 30% discount this weekend, and was scammed by Wargaming.

 

I just noticed my earnings are horrible in this tank because normal AP Shell cost is 680 silver.

In comparison:

T26E4  Ap ammo cost  = 255

T26E5 Ap cost = 255

Both same alpha gun.

 

Is there any way i can Return this tank? I bought it yesterday.

If im not able, im going to stop giving Wargaming more Money and go completly free to play. Im so pissed off right now.

Im a customer, and i really dont like beeing cheated by hidden values.

Say what you want, but this is a deliberate fraud.

 

Ive had it. 

 



vasilinhorulezz #2 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:03 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23240 battles
  • 1,485
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014

Only if there was something to search for information before buying a tank...

Oh wait, there is, it's called the internet.



Grimmx #3 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:08 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13897 battles
  • 385
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 28 April 2019 - 09:03 AM, said:

Only if there was something to search for information before buying a tank...

Oh wait, there is, it's called the internet.

 

Seriously, FU mate.

You buy a Premium With a 230 alpha, you just dont think they would increase standard ammo cost by almost 3x.

So i should search internet for Wargamin scam results, is that is?

 

Im a paying customer, ive paid the hundreds of euro. I subscribe EVER MONTH.

And they deliberately try to fool me? By using hidden stats on a Premium tank??

 

 

 


Edited by Grimmx, 28 April 2019 - 09:10 AM.


vasilinhorulezz #4 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:12 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23240 battles
  • 1,485
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014

View PostGrimmx, on 28 April 2019 - 09:08 AM, said:

 

Seriously, FU mate.

You buy a Premium With a 230 alpha, you just dont think they would increase standard ammo cost by almost 3x.

So i should search internet for Wargamin scam results, is that is?

 

Im a paying customer, ive paid the hundreds of euro. I subscribe EVER MONTH.

And they deliberatly try to fool me? By using hidden stats on a Premium tank??

 

 

 

 

Shell costs are not hidden, Centurions are known for their expensive shells, to compensate for the high penetration they get.

And yes, it is your fault, not doing proper research before spending your money. Would you buy a car without checking which is the better choice, what are the pros and cons of each one and so on?



Grimmx #5 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:20 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13897 battles
  • 385
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 28 April 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

 

Shell costs are not hidden, Centurions are known for their expensive shells, to compensate for the high penetration they get.

And yes, it is your fault, not doing proper research before spending your money. Would you buy a car without checking which is the better choice, what are the pros and cons of each one and so on?

 

Ok.

Ill stop paying them Money.

Ive had it.

 

I dont care if its my fault or not. Im not buing a Premium that doesnt make silver because of expensive standard ammo.

 

 

 

 



BDSM_Roon #6 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:25 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15140 battles
  • 1,067
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

View PostGrimmx, on 28 April 2019 - 09:08 AM, said:

Seriously, FU mate.

You buy a Premium With a 230 alpha, you just dont think they would increase standard ammo cost by almost 3x.

So i should search internet for Wargamin scam results, is that is?

 

Im a paying customer, ive paid the hundreds of euro. I subscribe EVER MONTH.

And they deliberately try to fool me? By using hidden stats on a Premium tank??

 

Yes, yes it is. All tanks have hidden stats such as ground resistance, dispersion penalties, module health and so on, and among those there is their shell price, including standard, gold and HE (if they have it, some don't).


Therefore, it is in your best interest, especially as a paying customer, to look up to third party websites and make informed purchases.

 

tanks.gg is a good place to start if you want detailed tank stats, be it for regular ones or premiums.



Grimmx #7 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:36 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13897 battles
  • 385
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View Postpihip, on 28 April 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:

 

Yes, yes it is. All tanks have hidden stats such as ground resistance, dispersion penalties, module health and so on, and among those there is their shell price, including standard, gold and HE (if they have it, some don't).


Therefore, it is in your best interest, especially as a paying customer, to look up to third party websites and make informed purchases.

 

tanks.gg is a good place to start if you want detailed tank stats, be it for regular ones or premiums.

 

I tried making a ticket to try get a refund, but offcourse ticket services are "down atm".

 

What a joke wargaming are.

A Company that deliberatly tries to dupe its paying customers by using hidden stats or numbers.

I have used alot on this account, but ive had it.

 

 



Suurpolskija #8 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:42 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21945 battles
  • 1,896
  • [KANKI] KANKI
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

View PostGrimmx, on 28 April 2019 - 10:36 AM, said:

 

I tried making a ticket to try get a refund, but offcourse ticket services are "down atm".

 

What a joke wargaming are.

A Company that deliberatly tries to dupe its paying customers by using hidden stats or numbers.

I have used alot on this account, but ive had it.

 

 

 

It won't help because you've played the tank. They won't return money for used products. 

 

Cent 5/1 is a great tank, when you get over that anger of yours, why not try to enjoy it. 



BDSM_Roon #9 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:42 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15140 battles
  • 1,067
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

View PostGrimmx, on 28 April 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

I tried making a ticket to try get a refund, but offcourse ticket services are "down atm".

 

What a joke wargaming are.

A Company that deliberatly tries to dupe its paying customers by using hidden stats or numbers.

I have used alot on this account, but ive had it.

 

Beware that if you already played games in the RAAC, you cannot get a refund. If you buy a premium tank and then change your mind, if you have not yet played it you have iirc two weeks to open a ticket and ask for a refund (works, did so more than once myself), otherwise you can either keep it or wait for a trade-in, or sell it for credits.

Anyway, from your battlecount you're not new to this game. In fact, you registered almost two years before I did, so all this ruckus has me puzzled. You never, ever thought about looking up to the game wiki (which also lists shell costs), third party websites, or Youtube?

Suurpolskija #10 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:44 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21945 battles
  • 1,896
  • [KANKI] KANKI
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

View Postpihip, on 28 April 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

 

Beware that if you already played games in the RAAC, you cannot get a refund. If you buy a premium tank and then change your mind, if you have not yet played it you have iirc two weeks to open a ticket and ask for a refund (works, did so more than once myself), otherwise you can either keep it or wait for a trade-in, or sell it for credits.
 

 

I, too, bought a Löwe as a christmas present for my friend but accidentally bought it on my own account. I made a ticket and didn't play the Löwe and got my  money back the following day. 



wsatnutter #11 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:48 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26047 battles
  • 9,160
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
op you have NOT been scammed you never did your homework plain and simple

falcon_96 #12 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:49 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24521 battles
  • 460
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View PostGrimmx, on 28 April 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

I bought the last Centurion MK Raac at the 30% discount this weekend, and was scammed by Wargaming.

 

I just noticed my earnings are horrible in this tank because normal AP Shell cost is 680 silver.

In comparison:

T26E4  Ap ammo cost  = 255

T26E5 Ap cost = 255

Both same alpha gun.

 

Is there any way i can Return this tank? I bought it yesterday.

If im not able, im going to stop giving Wargaming more Money and go completly free to play. Im so pissed off right now.

Im a customer, and i really dont like beeing cheated by hidden values.

Say what you want, but this is a deliberate fraud.

 

Ive had it. 

 

 

Yeees and you didn't notice that shell cost while playing your 149 games on FV4202, or the 134 on Cent 1 or then the stock Cent 7/1?!?
ALL, 20pdr guns share the 680 per pop shell cost! And assuming you haven't noticed that for some reason, there are sites like Tanks.gg that show all of the tank stats! Also the WG official wiki page for the tank SPECIFICALLY mentions the high shell cost as a drawback, but it seems the old russian anecdote holds true in your case... Chukchi not a reader, chukchi a writer!   Why bother looking at some info for the tank before buying it, when you can cry "OMG SCAM" after buying, and evidently not liking it.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #13 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:53 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5980 battles
  • 287
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

Its the best of the bunch, compared to the Caernarvon AX, the Primo and the FV4202

It's basically a tier 9 7/1 Centurion with the stock 20 pounder and prints credits

Stick them into the in-game-comparison if you don't believe me

 

The CAX is a slug which gets totally wasted if you're ever out of position, avoid

The victoria and 4202 are tolerable/good

 

Get a premium account which will make making credits easy peasy and your gaming experience will be far more relaxing

Try a premium out for a week or 30 days, the difference is massive

 

You can carry games and give obj430s a run for their money with a C5/1


Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 28 April 2019 - 10:04 AM.


Grimmx #14 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:57 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13897 battles
  • 385
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View Postpihip, on 28 April 2019 - 09:42 AM, said:

 

Beware that if you already played games in the RAAC, you cannot get a refund. If you buy a premium tank and then change your mind, if you have not yet played it you have iirc two weeks to open a ticket and ask for a refund (works, did so more than once myself), otherwise you can either keep it or wait for a trade-in, or sell it for credits.

Anyway, from your battlecount you're not new to this game. In fact, you registered almost two years before I did, so all this ruckus has me puzzled. You never, ever thought about looking up to the game wiki (which also lists shell costs), third party websites, or Youtube?

 

I have even had the 4202, but i just never imagined that shellcost.

So yes i am to blame. But it doesnt matter, ive had it.

Ive used 120 Euro this weekend because i wanted to revitelize my account, so i bought some stuff, but this just reminds me why im not playing Wot more.

As i said, this is it for me.

It shouldnt be like this, i should get what i thought i paid for, not like a smile from wargaming because i fell into one of their hidden traps.

 

Im going free to play, ill never ever give them more Money.

Why should i ever play this tank over my T26E4 or T26E5 ?

 

View PostSuurpolskija, on 28 April 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

 

I, too, bought a Löwe as a christmas present for my friend but accidentally bought it on my own account. I made a ticket and didn't play the Löwe and got my  money back the following day. 

 

I have played 14 matches in it.

I did 3.9 k and 160 assist in a win and only got like 80k without using any gold ammo, i was like wtf?

 

 

View Postwsatnutter, on 28 April 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

op you have NOT been scammed you never did your homework plain and simple

 

Thats right.

But wallet closed.

If i have to scan deal for "traps" before i pay, they really dont deserve my Money. Its that simple.



BDSM_Roon #15 Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:13 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15140 battles
  • 1,067
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

View PostGrimmx, on 28 April 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

Why should i ever play this tank over my T26E4 or T26E5 ?

 

IMHO it's better than both and one of the best Tier 8 premium mediums, and if you got it at 30% discount you paid what, 20 euros for it? Which is a steal for a Tier 8 premium (compare to T-44-100 which costs as much as a Lowe).

Just take some time to cool down and think about it - you got a very good Tier 8 premium medium at a discount, why not have fun with it? And even if it does not make that much credits, it still makes more than regular techtree tanks, just less than more profitable premiums.


Think of it as a trade - you trade some credit making capability for better battle performance.



hasnainrakha57 #16 Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:14 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15541 battles
  • 853
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013

View PostGrimmx, on 28 April 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

I bought the last Centurion MK Raac at the 30% discount this weekend, and was scammed by Wargaming.

 

I just noticed my earnings are horrible in this tank because normal AP Shell cost is 680 silver.

In comparison:

T26E4  Ap ammo cost  = 255

T26E5 Ap cost = 255

Both same alpha gun.

 

Is there any way i can Return this tank? I bought it yesterday.

If im not able, im going to stop giving Wargaming more Money and go completly free to play. Im so pissed off right now.

Im a customer, and i really dont like beeing cheated by hidden values.

Say what you want, but this is a deliberate fraud.

 

Ive had it. 

 

Here's mine similiar to yours but more in detail.No action taken by wg.

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1


Edited by hasnainrakha57, 28 April 2019 - 10:18 AM.


LordMuffin #17 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:03 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 50281 battles
  • 12,400
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostGrimmx, on 28 April 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

I bought the last Centurion MK Raac at the 30% discount this weekend, and was scammed by Wargaming.

 

I just noticed my earnings are horrible in this tank because normal AP Shell cost is 680 silver.

In comparison:

T26E4  Ap ammo cost  = 255

T26E5 Ap cost = 255

Both same alpha gun.

 

Is there any way i can Return this tank? I bought it yesterday.

If im not able, im going to stop giving Wargaming more Money and go completly free to play. Im so pissed off right now.

Im a customer, and i really dont like beeing cheated by hidden values.

Say what you want, but this is a deliberate fraud.

 

Ive had it. 

 

It is not a scam though, it is expected that this premium tanks shells cost same as the Cent 1s shells.

 

It is well known that the British guns for the Centurion 1 and other tanks using same gun have a very high shell cost for the damage they deal.

 

Next time, you could do a little research before.

 

Anyway, the tank you bought is still an upgraded version of the Centurion 1 that free to play players get to play.



Balc0ra #18 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:23 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 70161 battles
  • 18,995
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostGrimmx, on 28 April 2019 - 09:08 AM, said:

 

Seriously, FU mate.

You buy a Premium With a 230 alpha, you just dont think they would increase standard ammo cost by almost 3x.

So i should search internet for Wargamin scam results, is that is?

 

 

It's a 20 pdr.  The same gun on the FV4202 and the Cent 1 that you have. Shell costs the same as on those. So I suspect you knew. So why is it suddenly bad now? But that is worse vs your tier 8 premiums with shells costing over 1K because? 

 

You hit your targets, it makes credits. Just like your 1K shell costs IS-3A with higher repair costs. Or does that make more? You played 9 games in it. You used it. I suspect you won't get any refund. Thus why you do your research if small things like that can tick you over this badly.



Nishi_Kinuyo #19 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:31 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 8385 battles
  • 5,641
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

So you're whining that you pay slightly more per shell on a mobile medium with strong turret armour and one of the best penetration values on its tier?

The T26E4 has 202 pen, the RAAC hs 226.



the_nebuchadnezzar #20 Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:01 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 52039 battles
  • 1,541
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    08-19-2013

I got the Cent 5/1 basically free as part of a sweet deal WG offered me some months ago. I love the tank. It's, IMO, the best tier 8 premium med. 

About OP post, the SuperPershing's ammo is cheaper, but the tank is too slow to see any real fight. Centurion, on the other hand, is fast enough to get in position first and be in the heat of the battle. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users