WZ 111-1 4 help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

DeadLecter #1 Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29837 battles

So when WG had 5A line on for ToTT, I managed to get my hands on 111-1 4. At first it was stock, so I couldn't get more than 1.4k average damage in it. Now it's been 3 days since I got the top turret and the top gun and I can't make it work no matter what I do. I also have T-10 and T-10 is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar far better than 1-4. Every time I try to take a quick shot, I miss. Even when I fully aim I still miss. I have a 2 skill, 100% crew in 1-4 and a 1 skill crew in T-10 yet T-10 seems to work way better than 1-4 for me. 

I know the problem is me not the tank, but can someone tell me what the hell I should do?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 28 April 2019 - 04:14 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

Start with rammer, V-stabs and vents. Buy food, preferably when it's on discount.

The T-10 is more accurate than the WZ and can snap better but not by much. The differences in numbers translates to...

• The distance from which you can hit without full aim.
  • The time you must wait for the aim circle to shrink enough.

The WZ needs to be closer to the fight to hit targets reliably. Heavies are clumsy by nature and the WZ is no different. The gun is good, the pen is awesome and the rest is positioning which is your job.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #3 Posted 28 April 2019 - 04:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19279 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

Sounds familiar, especially if you can relate to this:

-Only part of the tank that gets any bounces is the turret. When not hull down everyone and their dog can pen it.

-Being hull down is cumbersome with the gun dep.

-There are too few good shots, too many rushed ones.

-You end up often trading shot for shot.

-You end up often trading shot for shot with "real heavies".

DeadLecter #4 Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29837 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 28 April 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

Start with rammer, V-stabs and vents. Buy food, preferably when it's on discount.

The T-10 is more accurate than the WZ and can snap better but not by much. The differences in numbers translates to...

• The distance from which you can hit without full aim.
  • The time you must wait for the aim circle to shrink enough.

The WZ needs to be closer to the fight to hit targets reliably. Heavies are clumsy by nature and the WZ is no different. The gun is good, the pen is awesome and the rest is positioning which is your job.

Positioning is the problem. I try to play it like my T-10, take the same positions I would take in T-10 but everytime I fail. Yesterday I was on Studzainki and wanted to go to the village, when I got there T57 Heavy and AMX 51 were already there even though my tank is supposed to be faster than them. And every time I try to be aggressive people rush me as if no one is scared of WZ, whereas I rarely get rushed in T-10. And 

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 28 April 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

Sounds familiar, especially if you can relate to this:

-Only part of the tank that gets any bounces is the turret. When not hull down everyone and their dog can pen it.

-Being hull down is cumbersome with the gun dep.

-There are too few good shots, too many rushed ones.

-You end up often trading shot for shot.

-You end up often trading shot for shot with "real heavies".

Took the words right out of my mouth. Funniest part is even though T-10 and WZ have the same gun depression, yet T-10's gun dep feels nicer

Edited by DeadLecter, 28 April 2019 - 05:36 PM.

the_nebuchadnezzar #5 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52135 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
It's simple. WZ is not russian so Stalin can't guide your shots. 

Obsessive_Compulsive #6 Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:34 AM

General

• Player
  • 28746 battles

It wants to be at the front with that gun handling and alpha but the hull makes you want to be at the back! can be a tricky tank to know where to place yourself. know the postions intimately.... then it will all click into place!

Schepel #7 Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:48 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 63671 battles
Actually, it is a fantastic tank. It is a great medium killer and flanking machine. You can try and brawl with heavies, but this is rarely going to work out well. Instead, I would strongly suggest to look for ways to support medium pushes and make that gun work for you on targets you are going to pen pretty much anywhere you care to aim. Accept you are going to get hit and penned, but if you trade that for early map control, it is worth it. 

Suurpolskija #8 Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22028 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

It took me some 100 games or so to get into this tank. 

I finished it in the deep greens regarding wn8 and I was - in the end - kinda fond of it. 

I played it very aggressive and tried actively to get to positions where I'm showing only my turret. I had no problems with the speed, I seemed to be getting to places even before most mediums. The trick was to get even a small downward slope and you'd be going 50km/h. 

Trading with that alpha is also very viable. 

Did anyone mention the incredible HEAT? 

The_Naa #9 Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5858 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

WZ is solid tank that can act as a pocket Medium or your regular "Fast Heavy".

Reverse side scraping is one way I use it in city maps (so far it has worked out for me)

You should try to avoid hilly areas of the map and only fight on Flat ground unless you have no other option.

The tank is far more usefull in Flat area (even tho its not needed there) than trying to fight on hilly terrain where you cant hit your targets because of the gun dep, where its useless even tho its where its needed.

4nt #10 Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26875 battles

Finished The grind week ago, and I think Suurpolskija's and The_Naa's advice is good. I played very aggressively and occasionally very risky, so that isn't optimal. I think I had my best results when I played actively but conservatively, for instance derpenberg center east, or prok west road shrubbery (I had paint + camo on two crew, masses of spotting). Hulldown on any wreck, and hope enemy can't get shots at your Mickey mouse hatches.

Fast and punchy machine, but can't be relied to take frontal hits. Avoid big calibers front shots, I got ammoracked by conways, skorps etc frontally on occasion, maybe more than in any other tank.

Edited by 4nt, 29 April 2019 - 07:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users