• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

TheOnlyMagician #1 Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:56 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25889 battles
  • [GSTUD] GSTUD

Hi tanker,

After the recent missions for crew for Leo at tier 7, which is a great idea, I remembered WG also gave free crew girls for Swedish TDs when they came out. I have to mention it that for a free to play player such as myself, crew better than 75% is always welcome. I have been playing this game for some years and only these free crew is all I recall for apart from the Campaign mission rewards and Christmas rewards.

Have there been new trained crew up for grabs when a new tech tree line comes up? 

Lately WG have been very generous with rewards and everything, but I ask should there not be missions for getting a set of crew with every ToTT event? 

I think getting a commander in every tank with 6th sense is a must with TOTT event.

Coz of 75% crew available without gold + having to reset to 90% for 20k credits have led me to make some bizarre choices in WOT as a F2P player like - 

For 430 I don't have 6th sense, If I do I won't be able to use BIA that is there on other crew - 

2. I wanna keep T-54, and wanna get obj 140, but don't want either to start at 75%, and don't have russian premium crew trainer.

3. Having to play with 75% crew in a tank with 2 gun marks (coz the original crew is in tier 10, and I wanna play tier 8 UDES as well - 

4. It really hurts at low tiers, coz before my crew is even at 100% (from 75%) I am done with the tank, Now have to reset the 90% crew down by 10% leaving it at 81% better than 75%? 

I'd say there should be crew in missions, with every new tech tree, and also for old tech trees for new players, like when I get to tier 6 or 7 or 8, get a new commander with 6th sense. Or is this the only way they make money and I am screwing the wrong crew?

Getting a perk to be slapped on any crew, earned from reward for merit could also work!

Also WG can we get a separate barracks for the ladies? The complaints of surprise butt-sex have increased in random battle!

you saw that right, I have almost 9 mn credits and 90k fexp, I save, gonna buy 430U if they don't nerf it or Super Conqueror.

Pansenmann #2 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35539 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I think you have to do it like the rest of us did:

train the crews on lower tier tanks while grinding up the tree(s)

you can also get crew from the personal missions (Stug IV, HTC etc) if that is not enough.

also there is always the option to use free xp for skill training if you need that last %

TheOnlyMagician #3 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25889 battles
  • [GSTUD] GSTUD

View PostPansenmann, on 28 April 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

if that is not enough.

Its not when I have 50 tanks with avg crew of 4, that is 200 crew members.

Dorander #4 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:20 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20359 battles

Last I checked, ToTT gives consistent 2x bonuses for grinding that line, doesn't it? That means your crews get 2x experience every time as well, on top of any other bonuses such as crew training reserves, which stack. I realize it's painful having to grind a good crew for every tank if you want to keep every tank, but it's part of the game, lots of us have done it for various tanks. I also agree that it's disproportionally painful, but there's nothing about ToTT that implies it ought to be different.

As for your commander with sixth sense, there's still the plan to give all commanders sixth sense by default, since it's a no-brainer and I believe they do this in WoWS as well.

Pansenmann #5 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35539 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTheOnlyMagician, on 28 April 2019 - 11:13 AM, said:

Its not when I have 50 tanks with avg crew of 4, that is 200 crew members.

then you can also take the rental tank crews.

apart from crews that come with premium tanks there are gladly no other ways

to buy crew skills for $$

DeadLecter #6 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29815 battles
Yeah well, I played IS-7, T-10, 704, 430, and a lot of other tanks with 75% crew. It's pain in the [edited]but with 1 or 2 crew boosters you can reach 100%.

Gruff_ #7 Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18606 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Concentrate on using the 0 skill bia / female crews on those tanks where more kills will be of more benefit to their role ie mainly scouts.  I recently found out you can use orders to unlock the last mission (15) in the various campaigns so you can get a girl now and "earn" it later to return the orders.

You have loads of battles and good stats so you should know, but can I just check why are you usign a 75% crew in the tier 8 TD when you could just play it using your tier 10 Swedish TD crew without penalty if you want to play both?

Edited by Gruff_, 28 April 2019 - 08:09 PM.

Homer_J #8 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31398 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

6th sense can be bought for a few bonds per battle and they even gave a fair few of those directives away for free.

A lot of what you describe though seems to be bad planning.  If you want multiple crews for one line then don't move them up as soon as the next tank is unlocked, get them trained up, keep that low tier tank and keep taking it out.

Or you can spend some money.

TheOnlyMagician #9 Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:47 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25889 battles
  • [GSTUD] GSTUD

View PostGruff_, on 28 April 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

Concentrate on using the 0 skill bia / female crews on those tanks where more kills will be of more benefit to their role ie mainly scouts.  I recently found out you can use orders to unlock the last mission (15) in the various campaigns so you can get a girl now and "earn" it later to return the orders.

You have loads of battles and good stats so you should know, but can I just check why are you usign a 75% crew in the tier 8 TD when you could just play it using your tier 10 Swedish TD crew without penalty if you want to play both?

This is not STRV S1, its UDES, which is not premium and thus requires its own crew... the tier 10 crew will be penalized. 
If I had S1, there would be no problem.

BlackBloodBandit #10 Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4496 battles

View PostPansenmann, on 28 April 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

I think you have to do it like the rest of us did:

train the crews on lower tier tanks while grinding up the tree(s)

you can also get crew from the personal missions (Stug IV, HTC etc) if that is not enough.

also there is always the option to use free xp for skill training if you need that last %

This.. I am currently grinding the ToTT French heavies and started a new crew in the ARL 44 and kept training one in my BDR G1B, so I have 2 crews for both the auto-loader line and for the normal heavy line. In this case it's works very very well as you get x5 xp for 2nd win of the day, so training goes very quick.

I don't use 75% crews that often, but only when I know that when I retrain I won't even keep 1 full skill and lose my 6th sense. Then I use a crew xp booster and sometimes also a normal xp booster and play mostly that tank, to get the crew to 100%

In case of your 430 I would have picked 6th sense over repairs and just play it without 6th sense or use 6th sense directive for the last remaining %.

10:01 Added after 4 minutes

View PostTheOnlyMagician, on 28 April 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

4. It really hurts at low tiers, coz before my crew is even at 100% (from 75%) I am done with the tank, Now have to reset the 90% crew down by 10% leaving it at 81% better than 75%?

This usually happens until you get to tier 6. On tier 6 you start working on your first crew skill before finishing the tank (that's my experience at least), so that shouldn't be a problem on tier 8 for example. With new crews I take more risk and use food to negate the negative effect of not having a 100% crew yet and to increase mostly dpm, aiming time and accuracy a bit. Also it can help massive on view range so if you play active it gets you more assist = more xp.

Homer_J #11 Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31398 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Back in beta we all had limited access to gold.  If you were lucky you could train your commander to 100% so the rest of the crew got that 10% boost.  No half price training, no personal reserves, not even a daily double when I started.

You get a tier V, keep it and the crew in it and you play it and play it and play it, start a fresh crew at tier VI which should carry you through to the next keeper.  Then you move the tier V crew up (assuming you have not neglected them).  And even start another crew in the tier V.

StinkyStonky #12 Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 32181 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostTheOnlyMagician, on 28 April 2019 - 09:56 AM, said:

2. I wanna keep T-54, and wanna get obj 140, but don't want either to start at 75%, and don't have russian premium crew trainer.

Your account shows you have 108 games in the T-29 Russian Medium Premium tank

You also have a variety of other premium tanks.  If you don't like playing low tiers and you don't like spending money then you should accept that you'll have good crews where you have premiums and bad crews everywhere else.

Beggars can't be choosers.

You have 8k battles at tier 8 and neamrly 7k at tier 9 but only 2-3k at tiers 5, 6 & 7.

I have 4-5k battles at tier 5,6,7,8 & 9 which is why I have about 75 tank crews of which probably 60 are 3+ skill BiA crews.

Whenever I unlock a tier 6 I typically keep the tier 5, move the 5 crew into the 6 and get a new crew for the 5.  I figure many lines have 2, 3 or even 4 keepers (from the T-34 there are 4 tier 10s so easily 5,6,7, or 8 keepers).

Axelfoley666 #13 Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24542 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View PostHomer_J, on 29 April 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

Back in beta we...…..

Lol, we also used to get up half hour before we went to bed, lick road clean with tongue, IF we were lucky.

arthurwellsley #14 Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:47 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53362 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostTheOnlyMagician, on 28 April 2019 - 09:56 AM, said:

Have there been new trained crew up for grabs when a new tech tree line comes up? YES there were two chances to get Buffon as an Italian Commander

Lately WG have been very generous with rewards and everything, but I ask should there not be missions for getting a set of crew with every ToTT event? That is already there but you need sharp eyes to spot it. If you play one game in a tott vehicle you get a rental premium from that nation for ten battles. If you play the rental premium it comes with a 100% crew!

I think getting a commander in every tank with 6th sense is a must with TOTT event. Agreed, But sixth sense directive also gets given away from missions, I have 60 in the depot at the present moment. Check what directives you have.

2. I wanna keep T-54, and wanna get obj 140, but don't want either to start at 75%, and don't have russian premium crew trainer.  I suggest that you get either the T34 at tier V or the T34-85 at tier VI, where a 75% crew is less important than at tier IX where it is vital. Play the crew in the lower tier tank until you have sixth sense and then transfer it to the T-54.

3. Having to play with 75% crew in a tank with 2 gun marks (coz the original crew is in tier 10, and I wanna play tier 8 UDES as well -  Same advice as above, use a lower tier Swedish TD to train the crew and then transfer to UDES.

4. It really hurts at low tiers, coz before my crew is even at 100% (from 75%) I am done with the tank, Now have to reset the 90% crew down by 10% leaving it at 81% better than 75%? Thats just one of the penalties of f2p. Premium account holders have trained crews faster.

I'd say there should be crew in missions, with every new tech tree, and also for old tech trees for new players, like when I get to tier 6 or 7 or 8, get a new commander with 6th sense. Or is this the only way they make money and I am screwing the wrong crew? Personal missions versions 1 and 2 both give crews so thats 10 ladies right there.

If you decide to spend money then look at the tier VI tanks for sale that come with crews that say "100% plus free BIA perk". £12 for Tiger 131 is a complete bargin given it comes with a German crew of that type, forget the pixel tank, it's worth the money for the crew alone.

Getting a perk to be slapped on any crew, earned from reward for merit could also work!

Also WG can we get a separate barracks for the ladies? The complaints of surprise butt-sex have increased in random battle!  I think the mods might not appreciate your dry humour, but who am I to lubricate that.

you saw that right, I have almost 9 mn credits and 90k fexp, I save, gonna buy 430U if they don't nerf it or Super Conqueror.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 29 April 2019 - 05:52 PM.

Bordhaw #15 Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:13 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13572 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 28 April 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

6th sense can be bought for a few bonds per battle and they even gave a fair few of those directives away for free.

I have over 100 directives from somewhere both for 6th sense and Camo skills. 

Plus FL is also useful for crew training.

MeetriX #16 Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22174 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostTheOnlyMagician, on 28 April 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

Hi tanker,

After the recent missions for crew for Leo at tier 7, which is a great idea, I remembered WG also gave free crew girls for Swedish TDs when they came out. 

You remember wrong.

Homer_J #17 Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31398 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMeetriX, on 29 April 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

You remember wrong.

Well you could get some of them just by playing, all of them if you had completely no life over the Xmas period.  Most people probably paid to some extent but they could be got for free.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users