Toxic is fun...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Grimmx #1 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13897 battles

Hey

Had a bad game in my tier 7 polish tank today where i dont hit crap at all.

So we have a light tank camping atop the lighthouse and he has a good game but dies at the end.

Its me and a Løwe vs 2 enemy arties and a kv4. The Løwe is one shot, so i start trying to flank the kv4 and staying alive from arty fire at the same time.

The Light that had a good game, offcourse starts to rant at me calling me noob, stop playing tomato etc etc, all the good stuff.

I just say stfu and keep playing.

I get in a side shoot from distance so the kv4 is oneshot as well. Løwe kills 1 arty, and then he and kv4 kills eachother.

Then the genius start talking crap at me again, saying he is going to report me for beeing a tomato etc.

So, im tempted to not kill the remaing arty, just to piss this guy off and give him the bad game he deserves.

I debate it With myself and finally decide to kill the last arty, because i figure its not fair to the rest of my team.

This game comes back to back after i have had 3 good games in my Qonqueror, basically carrying my teams to victory.

It just shows how toxic this game can be sometimes.

Would you have let the enemy arty win just to piss him off? Make a show out of it while he raged in chat?

It was tempting :P

What do you guys think?

arthurwellsley #2 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53362 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
No I tend to right click their name in battle and mute their chat, and then play to win. I prefer winning to anything else.

upsetti_spaghetti #3 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11963 battles
I would give a temp ban to people submitting a ticket to wg to ban tomatoes.

Grimmx #4 Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13897 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 28 April 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

No I tend to right click their name in battle and mute their chat, and then play to win. I prefer winning to anything else.

Thats why i did it, but 1 Battle is still just a Battle.

Would have been so fun just making him rage in chat, that i somewhat regret it.

Anyway, i did it the "good" way, but i may try option 2 next time :hiding:

PowJay #5 Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38139 battles

View PostGrimmx, on 28 April 2019 - 08:22 PM, said:

Hey

Had a bad game in my tier 7 polish tank today where i dont hit crap at all.

So we have a light tank camping atop the lighthouse and he has a good game but dies at the end.

Its me and a Løwe vs 2 enemy arties and a kv4. The Løwe is one shot, so i start trying to flank the kv4 and staying alive from arty fire at the same time.

The Light that had a good game, offcourse starts to rant at me calling me noob, stop playing tomato etc etc, all the good stuff.

I just say stfu and keep playing.

I get in a side shoot from distance so the kv4 is oneshot as well. Løwe kills 1 arty, and then he and kv4 kills eachother.

Then the genius start talking crap at me again, saying he is going to report me for beeing a tomato etc.

So, im tempted to not kill the remaing arty, just to piss this guy off and give him the bad game he deserves.

I debate it With myself and finally decide to kill the last arty, because i figure its not fair to the rest of my team.

This game comes back to back after i have had 3 good games in my Qonqueror, basically carrying my teams to victory.

It just shows how toxic this game can be sometimes.

Would you have let the enemy arty win just to piss him off? Make a show out of it while he raged in chat?

What do you guys think?

There is no denying that I have carried games. I have. Honestly!!!

In this one, (which you can no longer watch as it is so old) I already had a few kills when one idiot said he was reporting me for being afk.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2334034#ruinberg-powjay-archer

On this battle I was also called a bot by our WZ-111 when I had a few thousand damage and at least a couple of kills. It's a shame that you can no longer watch this one. I'd love to see it again.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3846591#abbey-powjay-e_50

If I contact them after battle- and I sometimes do- they are NEVER apologetic. They are NEVER remorseful for their comments- and the best part is when I have done the most damage and won (or nearly won) the battle and the idiot in question has died with double figure damage, all they can say is "noob" or something all ***********

I have accused or unfairly called a player bot or noob or otherwise raged at a player before now. I am not proud of it, but it usually happens when I have done more than enough to deserve a win and the individual in question appears to be utterly clueless. I have also been proven wrong and I have apologised and congratulated the player in question (or it might be that I raged at the wrong player by mistake). It never seems to happen in return.

As Lord Wellington says- block chat and crack on!

Edited by PowJay, 28 April 2019 - 10:42 PM.

TheComfyChair #6 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8595 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Dead tanks shouldn't speak...I rarely see anyone giving good advice when they are out of the battle. It is probably why the cross chat was stopped.

7thSyndicate #7 Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45418 battles
dear diary today someone hurt my feelings again, let me post on the forum maybe someone notice me

Tyburn #8 Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:21 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12942 battles

View Post7thSyndicate, on 29 April 2019 - 01:45 AM, said:

dear diary today someone hurt my feelings again, let me post on the forum maybe someone notice me

Dear diary. Yet again an OP’s point is proved valid by a completely pointless expression of toxicity.

jack_timber #9 Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:43 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37452 battles

I tend just to ignore them unless they have something worthwhile to say.

TheDrownedApe #10 Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47537 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

in a game just now playing Wolverine. T6 green med wanted me to push 1/2 line on prok. I said "lol no" then he shot me. 3 mins later in similar positions, he asked me again and i said "lol still no". So he Tk'd me.

Added to blacklist and moved on; no need to come here fella for such normal occurences

BDSM_Roon #11 Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15140 battles
You did the right thing in not throwing the match because, as you said, it would not have been fair for the other 13 players involved.

Ignoring/blacklisting these happy guys is always the best option, and there's always the more thorough solution of disabling in-game chat (in which case the only thing that gets tuned out is what people write, map pinging and quick commands will be shown as usual).

Edited by pihip, 29 April 2019 - 11:40 AM.

Lagalaza #12 Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5549 battles

I am a noob and I am a tomato on XVM (I think... if dark orange WN8 on Tanksgg means I'm a tomato). I've been shot, tk'd, pushed off cliffs and abused in chat more times than I care to remember. Started looking at stats after the game to see whether there is a pattern to the toxic nature of some players. There isn't. Unicums to sub 500 WN8, a-holes are everywhere.

But hey, it's a great game and I love playing so my advice (for what it's worth from an orange tomato) is to get a thick skin, keep getting that damage and those kills and let the haters hate. Because there is nothing finer than blowing the hell out of those red tanks as you hug a ridgeline in your T-29, long-range snipe in your SU-100 or simply brawl your way through some lower tiers when top tier in your T-150 or your Matilda. That's what the game is all about.. :playing::):)

Cobra6 #13 Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16467 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostGrimmx, on 28 April 2019 - 08:22 PM, said:

What do you guys think?

No, I play this game to win regardless of what the majority of friendly players type in the chat. Most of them are sub-par anyway with no clue what they are talking about to boot.

Always go for the win, it doesn't matter if you have to die in the process or not as long as you with the match in the end (sometimes sacrificing yourself is the only way to win for instance to take out the most dangerous enemy tank).

Cobra 6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users