Who cares about MT changes? Why is nobody talking about T110E5 and IS4?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

TiMeK1ll3r #1 Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23890 battles
  • [ORKII] ORKII

I am shocked guys, I just don't really get why nobody cares about heavy tanks anymore...

I mean, yeah, they said they were gonna buff IS4 not too long ago and yeah, medium tanks are more popular because they have so many more advantages compared to heavy tanks which makes them popular, but still...

About T110E5 tho, noone cares at all, and really nobody is playing because they are playing with the S. Conqueror, which is totally understandable because the only downside of the Conq is 3 km/h less speed compared to the E5, but armor, gun and actually everything else is just better.

Dunno bros, the only people who play the E5 are unicums or newbies that have just suffered trough the whole line (at least after the T29 which is really good), and had to play a tier 8 HT which sucks, a tier 9 HT that sucks even harder, and now they are stuck with an outdated tier X with a gigantic cupola that even tier 8 can pen since mostly everyone is just spamming "special rounds" like there is no tomorrow.

I really don't get it guys, does anybody still see T110E5 around? I may see 1 every 20 matches and usually that's just me having a good time thinking about the old days where that cupola wasn't made of butter.

No wonder tho that they don't notice it, from the stats they get it must seem like an average tank, but i suppose it's just cuz who plays with it is an overall good player, because bad players play like 5 battles and then sell it cuz it's just not good.

Dunno guys, opinions? Is there any way they will ever change it into something worth the suffering of that line? Will they ever care? (jk we all know the answer, see ya in 2025 when it will probably be slightly buffed with +2 km/h and +5 traverse speed and some other pointless things)

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

As a heavy tanks fan, i do care and that T32 in my garage is starting to rust! :)

They did announce they will be looking at the E100 and the IS-4 this year and i think they should look at the E5 line too starting from the T32.

Denisian #3 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8189 battles
Got E5 before it got buffed, took a break and came after it was nerfed...

Japualtah #4 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31132 battles

I removed equipment and camo from my E5 after trying to play it one more time last month and getting penned 4 times consecutively in the cupola by an IS7 while wiggling frantically and not being able to retaliate in any way.

Not that the E5 is a bad tank, but there's no point in playing it nowadays, it's not particularly fast, has low alpha, a weak turret and ultra weak ammo-rack. It's only saving grace is the nice gun handling.

It was just right when they buffed the cupola - which could still be penned with gold - but the whiners won.

Fortunately, the American trees still have the M48 and a few low tiers.

Until they also nerf them and there will no point left at all playing American tanks.

cro001 #5 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32303 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostJapualtah, on 28 April 2019 - 11:15 PM, said:

It was just right when they buffed the cupola - which could still be penned with gold - but the whiners won.

lolno. It was broken as hell but unfortunately for E5, it was last in era of nerfs. Everything after it got massive armor buffs along with other stuff.

WindSplitter1 #6 Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18728 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostTiMeK1ll3r, on 28 April 2019 - 09:06 PM, said:

I am shocked guys, I just don't really get why nobody cares about heavy tanks anymore...

Then you're not playing the same game as the rest of us.

Literally, most of World of Tanks is all about HTs (changes to SPG, map design, armour + gold ammo rebalancing...

Obsessive_Compulsive #7 Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:31 AM

General

• Player
  • 28746 battles

I quite enjoy E5 still I find that the HEAT is more condusive to winning. ACPR just does not seem  to cut the mustard vs super heavies. maus,e100 type 5... heat beats APCR... is the s conq better ? sure!! but E5 is OK! its better than E100, better than 705 and better than fv125b...

4th worst heavy? kranvagn getting buffed?

buffs and nerfs ad finatum...

undutchable80 #8 Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:33 AM

Major

• Player
  • 10320 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Grinding my way up the T32 (mostly in FL) and will stop the grind up the line when I have it elited. Says enough I guess. Lets hope 2020 WG continue with rebalancing and include lines like the US HT...

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Bad_Mojo_incoming #9 Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22287 battles
  • [THIK] THIK

The E5's nerf to trash is one of the saddest stories in WoT as far as I'm concerned.

Thousands upon thousands of little morons got so used to being able to wreck the E5 cz of it's pathetic tumor with their tier 8 tanks, that when the tumor got buffed and their crappy tier 8 tanks couldn't punch through it anymore they unleashed the mother of all whinnings on WG...whereas players who weren't complete dimwits simply stopped engaging the E5 from the front and started flanking.

I have farmed thousands upon thousands of HP worth of damage from the buffed E5s when I shot 105 pen HE rounds into it's side and rear....But as usual, WG listented to the potatoes as they make up an ever growing percentage of the players and nerfed the tumor back to it's useless self.

As for the IS4, it was garbage when I got to it and relocated my crew back into the ST-1 as it's a FAAAAAAR better tank in it's tier then the IS4...The only thing the IS4 had was it's 2500 HP, but ever since they buffed the IS7's health, the IS4 has become obsolete.

Jauhesammutin #10 Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23220 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostTiMeK1ll3r, on 28 April 2019 - 09:06 PM, said:

I mean, yeah, they said they were gonna buff IS4 not too long ago and yeah, medium tanks are more popular because they have so many more advantages compared to heavy tanks which makes them popular, but still...

About T110E5 tho, noone cares at all, and really nobody is playing because they are playing with the S. Conqueror, which is totally understandable because the only downside of the Conq is 3 km/h less speed compared to the E5, but armor, gun and actually everything else is just better.

Dunno bros, the only people who play the E5 are unicums or newbies that have just suffered trough the whole line (at least after the T29 which is really good), and had to play a tier 8 HT which sucks, a tier 9 HT that sucks even harder, and now they are stuck with an outdated tier X with a gigantic cupola that even tier 8 can pen since mostly everyone is just spamming "special rounds" like there is no tomorrow.

I really don't get it guys, does anybody still see T110E5 around? I may see 1 every 20 matches and usually that's just me having a good time thinking about the old days where that cupola wasn't made of butter.

No wonder tho that they don't notice it, from the stats they get it must seem like an average tank, but i suppose it's just cuz who plays with it is an overall good player, because bad players play like 5 battles and then sell it cuz it's just not good.

Dunno guys, opinions? Is there any way they will ever change it into something worth the suffering of that line? Will they ever care? (jk we all know the answer, see ya in 2025 when it will probably be slightly buffed with +2 km/h and +5 traverse speed and some other pointless things)

This is a medium tank balance. If you had read the article before posting this you would have realized that heavies come after mediums

"Тhere’s Still A Lot of Work Ahead!
This is only the second iteration of a large-scale rebalancing which we are carrying out this year. In the future, we'll focus on some popular heavy tanks, so share your feedback on the forum which vehicles should be rebalanced first. "

chinchillah #11 Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:23 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27373 battles

Buff my beloved is4 plox!!! 

I want it to get as good as bobject pre nerf at least. 

tajj7 #12 Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27247 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Cos those mediums and tier 10 mediums in general are performing worse than most heavies?

E5 is suffering not doubt, but its one of the few tier 10 heavies that actually is, IS-4 is not even that bad, can't really see it needing to be higher priority than say the Leo 1 and STB-1 which have been weak for years. 

Its not like there aren't several other tier 10 Russian heavy options to chose from instead of IS-4. 

Current tier 10 meta is heavies, high alpha TDs and arty. Almost all the Lights and Meds are all struggling and you barely see any in game, and if you do see a med in an all tier 10 game, its usually a 430U.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #13 Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:21 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostNot a Russian player, on 10 August 2017 - 04:11 PM, said:

Because the E5 was never OP, just complained about a lot particularly by Russian medium players because it could bully them. The WR curves are just reflecting that, it was always a tank that average and below players struggled with IIRC you have to be 54-55% to see any sort of boost in it which put it in line with tanks like the Bat Chat, Obj. 140 etc.  Average players struggle with the paper sides, LFP weakness, low alpha and only really good players made the most of it.

You'd constantly see people claiming that tomatoes and potatoes would dominate games in it, but this was a myth the facts never supported.

And now this is what happens when you nerf a tank that never really needs nerfing, add in they massively overbuffed the Type 5 and Maus, brought the Panzer VII in and you now have the WZ-111-5A that bullies meds way better than the E5 ever does.

Once the IS7 gets it's buffs the E5 is going to be sitting down the IS4 and 215B as one of the worst tier 10 heavies, you want a hull down tank with good DPM, good gun depression, good mobility and good gun handling? Get a WZ-111-5A, you want a heavy tank with good DPM, great armour and great gun handling? you get a Maus.

Armoured tanks that are littered with weak spots, particularly ones that you can't hide like the E5's cupola will never do that well because their armour might as well not be there, it's like the Foch, with a giant weakspot like that the armour only works at long ranges. A heavy tank that only works at long ranges is pointless. 

This one is down the whining unicums, claiming it was OP when it wasn't, whilst happily farming damage in their 'balanced' Obj. 140s and T-62As. 

It's sad when people twist the facts and numbers to suit their needs instantly!

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 29 April 2019 - 09:55 AM.

chinchillah #14 Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:28 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27373 battles

View Posttajj7, on 29 April 2019 - 08:26 AM, said:

Cos those mediums and tier 10 mediums in general are performing worse than most heavies?

E5 is suffering not doubt, but its one of the few tier 10 heavies that actually is, IS-4 is not even that bad, can't really see it needing to be higher priority than say the Leo 1 and STB-1 which have been weak for years. 

Its not like there aren't several other tier 10 Russian heavy options to chose from instead of IS-4. 

Current tier 10 meta is heavies, high alpha TDs and arty. Almost all the Lights and Meds are all struggling and you barely see any in game, and if you do see a med in an all tier 10 game, its usually a 430U.

mediums shouldn't be able to penetrate heavy tanks or tds frontal. Theres basically no reason to play heavy over medium tanks. They are faster, better turret, higher or at least equal penetration, lower silhouette..

Have fun playing against 430u 140 etc hulldown in a maus or whatever he just dabs "2" and it's counter strike with bots...damage pinata at it's finest...

Dava_117 #15 Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21487 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Nothing against MT changes, but WG is announcing an IS-4 rebalance basically every year, so I think it's about time they show us some results. 

"What about IS-4?" was my first tought after reading of Kranvagn line rework and after MT rework supertest.

Edited by Dava_117, 29 April 2019 - 09:36 AM.

The_Georgian_One #16 Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40293 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

​Yeah, I'd rather be in E5 then in Leo 1 in nearly every situation and on every map and I'm a player that loves paper meds. The buff to Leo is long overdue and needs to happen ASAP.

tajj7 #17 Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27247 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postchinchillah, on 29 April 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

mediums shouldn't be able to penetrate heavy tanks or tds frontal. Theres basically no reason to play heavy over medium tanks. They are faster, better turret, higher or at least equal penetration, lower silhouette..

Have fun playing against 430u 140 etc hulldown in a maus or whatever he just dabs "2" and it's counter strike with bots...damage pinata at it's finest...

There is no logical reason why meds shouldn't be able to penetrate heavies or armoured TDs frontally, heavies have plenty advantages as it is and shouldn't be invincible frontally, many of the issues on tier 10 is caused by the idiot proof changes to heavies.

The 430U is pretty much the ONLY competitive tier 10 medium and that is because basically it has heavy tank armour.

The Maus is way more powerful and way more forgiving for most players compared to an Obj. 140, it just not even a contest -

Posted Image

Bang average 49% win rate overall player gets about a 49% win rate in the Maus, but gets a 47% win rate in an Obj. 140, and that is reflected pretty much across the whole skill spectrum.

And the Obj. 140 is probably along with the Patton, one the best of meds outside the 430U, the likes of the Cent AX, Leo 1, Bat Chat, E50m etc. are nowhere near as powerful as the Maus and most heavies.

Heavies are easy mode in the current meta, most tier 10 meds are pointless. 

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 29 April 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

​Yeah, I'd rather be in E5 then in Leo 1 in nearly every situation and on every map and I'm a player that loves paper meds. The buff to Leo is long overdue and needs to happen ASAP.

Exactly E5 is hardly stellar right now, but most heavies are stronger and more competitive than most of the meds. 

Edited by tajj7, 29 April 2019 - 10:14 AM.

LordMuffin #18 Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50382 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
WG should just remove the cupola of the E5 and it would become an average T10 tank.

tajj7 #19 Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27247 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostLordMuffin, on 29 April 2019 - 09:18 AM, said:

WG should just remove the cupola of the E5 and it would become an average T10 tank.

It should get the Patton treatment, make the cupola way smaller, but like 200 effective so its a viable weakspot.

I'd also buff the E5s top speed to 40kph, reverse speed to 15 kph, make the ground resistances more favourable and swap the DPM around between the E5 and the Super Conq. 

The between the E5 and the Sup Conq, one would be more mobile, with more DPM, the other better armoured with better gun handling.

The differences would be clear, instead of now the Sup Conq being basically better than the E5 in almost every way aside a slight mobility advantage to the E5. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #20 Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:07 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View Posttajj7, on 29 April 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

It should get the Patton treatment, make the cupola way smaller, but like 200 effective so its a viable weakspot.

I'd also buff the E5s top speed to 40kph, reverse speed to 15 kph, make the ground resistances more favourable and swap the DPM around between the E5 and the Super Conq. 

The between the E5 and the Sup Conq, one would be more mobile, with more DPM, the other better armoured with better gun handling.

The differences would be clear, instead of now the Sup Conq being basically better than the E5 in almost every way aside a slight mobility advantage to the E5. 

I know you're trying to pass time at work or something but considering this low grade material i'd say better pay attention to work.

Giving the E5 the Urdan cupola is fine but giving it better mobility and 2.9k DPM on top of that will actually make the M48 redundant. See how easy this **** is? so please!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users