46 replies to this topic

____Green____ #1 Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:17 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20725 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV

Well...

How to fix this lost feeling?

The interest in the game is disappearing. I played 3-5 battles in a row, but then it but then I started to realize that I have no interest in playing. Next day same. I took a pause for 5 days, and then the same.

Tanks that seemed to me to be comfortable in the past seem to be useless at the moment.

Finally, I realized that I had played a terrible session.

This is already happening for a few months.

The only thing that doesn't do negative emotions is to play on artillery because there's no gameplay.

Its only me?

Hamsterkicker #2 Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36419 battles
  • [KWAAK] KWAAK

If you realize that after 20K battles you have had enough of this game.. Stop playing and find a new one.

If you can still think of something you would like to achieve? Like finish the campaigns, three marking your favourite tank or whatever.. Sit down, think about what is needed, and just grind on..

gpalsson #3 Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:57 AM

General

• Player
  • 24477 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

After a good session interest in WoT seems to spark a bit but mediocre and bad sessions usually just leaves me not playing for some days. For me I think I would enjoy the game a lot more if there weren't 2-3 clickers in each game and if the MM was +-0 or +-1 tiers so the balance wouldn't be as terrible.

I mean the MM is better than it used to be, but as long as we have +2 MM there will be a lot of pointless games.

And too many clickers just make the whole game extremely stale.

____Green____ #4 Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:58 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20725 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV

Huh I checked some stat pages, charts and it seems it starts somewhere around patch 1.4

That is right after campaign.

Globally, only one thing has affected the WOT ecosystem:

Block Quote

France

Added the following wheeled vehicles. The vehicle branch starts from the ELC AMX BIS.

• Tier VI: Panhard AMD 178B
  • TierVII: Hotchkiss EBR
  • Tier VIII: Panhard AML Lynx 6x6
  • Tier IX: Panhard EBR 90
  • Tier X: Panhard EBR 105

Added the following wheeled vehicle of Tier II: the AM 39 Gendron-Somua       

Im not sure in this....

gunslingerXXX #5 Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:08 AM

Major

• Player
  • 12167 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Mess around on the testserver. Every time I start to lose interest in the game I play tanks I will never get on regular server. Max out crew and equipment, spam HE, whatever. Keeps it fun for me

S_E_N_N_A #6 Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44941 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View Post____Green____, on 30 April 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

Well...

How to fix this lost feeling?

The interest in the game is disappearing. I played 3-5 battles in a row, but then it but then I started to realize that I have no interest in playing. Next day same. I took a pause for 5 days, and then the same.

Tanks that seemed to me to be comfortable in the past seem to be useless at the moment.

Finally, I realized that I had played a terrible session.

This is already happening for a few months.

The only thing that doesn't do negative emotions is to play on artillery because there's no gameplay.

Its only me?

Maybe you need to join a clan and play something else than random battles we are currently playing clanwars and its giving me a competitive feeling and its more interesting with different strats etc,but at the end of the day its only you who can make the decision for yourself

OneSock #7 Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38068 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I typically feel a lack of interest when I've just lost a game because some OP premium has just took a dump on my tech tree tank.

EBRs ruin front line mode too :(

____Green____ #8 Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:18 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20725 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 30 April 2019 - 10:08 AM, said:

Mess around on the testserver. Every time I start to lose interest in the game I play tanks I will never get on regular server. Max out crew and equipment, spam HE, whatever. Keeps it fun for me

I have good ping on RU3 server, and there is my fun platform. Yep, this is good idea.

View PostS_E_N_N_A, on 30 April 2019 - 10:08 AM, said:

Maybe you need to join a clan and play something else than random battles we are currently playing clanwars and its giving me a competitive feeling and its more interesting with different strats etc,but at the end of the day its only you who can make the decision for yourself

I have many friends in this game and find good clan is not problem. Its something about game ecosystem.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #9 Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:42 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6070 battles

You're a bloke

Hobbies come and go

I stopped gaming around 2002 and came back to it a few months ago

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 30 April 2019 - 09:44 AM.

DeadLecter #10 Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29815 battles

With WG making the grinds super easy and selling tons of gold in packages with lots of discount, and them not giving a damn about bots has the made the game super horrible. That and all the one way MMs where one team has all the bots and the other has all the good players.

There are a lot of things that are mathematically speaking very unlikely to happen yet they keep happening in WoT. Like spawning on C for attackers in FL 4,5 times in a row.

I think WG's MM is seriously flawed and it doesn't balance things like above. Which is why one day you get 90% WR and another you get 30%. Because it can't distribute players evenly. Which is why 90% of the battles end 15-0, 15-1 and 15-2. 

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #11 Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:04 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6070 battles

The maps get pretty boring after a few months too

WoT should bring out some new ones each year

The_Naa #12 Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5757 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

when i loose the spark i go play another game.

WW2 FPShooters are nice. i usually get inspired to play Wot again, when i see a lot of Sherman's and then a German Tiger 1/2 comes around in a Campaign mission and i realise that Tanks are awesome, then i scroll around the Tech Tree and pick a tank that would be cool.

i just bought the Tiger 131 and i can say i've been enjoying myself :)

so if you have any other games that you like and they have tanks in them, play them for a while and get a new inspiration to play WoT again :great:

Danzeratar #13 Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:27 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14875 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
*Edited

Edited by VyNKaSMyN, 30 April 2019 - 03:15 PM.
This message has been edited by the moderation team due to its non-constructive nature.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #14 Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:33 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6070 battles

If you're losing the will to play then play Arty for a few days

That should sort you out

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 30 April 2019 - 10:33 AM.

gpalsson #15 Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:43 AM

General

• Player
  • 24477 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 30 April 2019 - 09:33 AM, said:

That should sort you out

Then after a few days (hours) of arta gameplay:

____Green____ #16 Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:08 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20725 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 30 April 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

That should sort you out

Well its not about losing. On average my stats is around 2k wn8, sometimes better, sometimes worse but on average 2k. I talk about missing spark that disappeared some time ago and I want to find out why. I still read wot news, watch YT, twitch streams, videos, I still read forum and website. I have bunch of good MMO games on my steam, origin, uplay accs, but no interest in those games. (yep, I spend lot of cash on games I have played for 1-40hrs).

At least one benefit from all this. There is more time for the family.

And turns out that my wife is a very nice person and children have fantastic talents. :D /troll/

Edited by ____Green____, 30 April 2019 - 11:08 AM.

barison1 #17 Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41657 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View Post____Green____, on 30 April 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

Huh I checked some stat pages, charts and it seems it starts somewhere around patch 1.4

That is right after campaign.

Globally, only one thing has affected the WOT ecosystem:

Im not sure in this....

number of players playing always peak around xmas to then drop down towards summer as people realize "oh the sun is quite nice lets go outside", doubt 1.4 has much to do with it

Yakito #18 Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19386 battles
It's normal. I don't have many battles played for a guy that played the game since beta-ish.
I used to quit in rage, these days I quit when playing feels like a chore. I mostly quit also because tank grinds feel like grinds. There's no enjoyment from driving stock tanks and being matched with +2 tiers.

Anyway, don't feel sad about it. I usually come back after a few months.
The biggest motivator to play wot is Tankfest. Honestly. I go there and then play wot like it's my new discovered love.

Laur_Balaur_XD #19 Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37100 battles

I also lost my interest for this game, i think i have over 2 weeks now not playing this game.

IDK about how much wheeled vehicles impacted this , but from my point of view introducing them as 'mario karts' that run like brainless chickens all over the place was a terrible idea. I don't say that they are op, but for sure they are annoying af.

So get 3 artys plus 2 wheeled things in each team and the rest of 10 tanks are just reduced to passive play (not on all maps, on open/semi-open maps).

Also still overbuffing and overnerfing random tanks 8 years after the game release is not helping at all. Why WG can't properly balance things in small ammounts? Oh, they can but they don't want to - because having a 'flavor of the month' tank brings some cash from free xp conversion...

WG introduces Type5 with derp gun: Everybody cries how broken and noob-proof is that tank.

WG: We must gather more data, our data shows that is performing fine, etc..

WG one year later: So everyone got a Type5 now? So no more money from fast grinding that line? Good, time to nerf it to oblivion and introduce something else equally broken and stupid. 

Ohh, and WG managed to get players so used to premium tanks straight better than tech tree ones that they can't sell any properly balanced premium now.

That's how you powercreep yourself as a game company....

Edited by Laur_Balaur_XD, 30 April 2019 - 12:17 PM.

Karasu_Hidesuke #20 Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16292 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

I've tried to figure out why I suddenly stopped playing daily. It could be WoWS, but then again I used to play both them in the past so I don't think that's the sole explanation. It could be simply getting bored.. or it could be that I am reacting to the direction the game's been headed for a while now. Or.. it could be that I originally wanted to play WW2 tanks and once I tried to push past them into high tiers I a) hit my skill ceiling (hard) and b) entered a low-motivation-area.

I don't even want to think of the first point OP raised! :ohmy:

Edited by Karasu_Hidesuke, 30 April 2019 - 12:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users