Jump to content


Help needed with T 34-85


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Unicorn_of_Steel #1 Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:14 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12074 battles
  • 249
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
  • Member since:
    12-29-2017

Hi tankers,

 

Currently working on my T 34-85. Noticed i need another 45k xp before i have it maxed out.... with a 36,7 WR and 232 average XP on it. A panic attack and a couple of questions arose, which i like to share with you. Hopefully you can give me some solid advice...

 

Do i need it? Not for grinding. Just want this historic tank in my garage. Not going further on that tree. 

 

Do i like it? Not really no. I like my Strv 74 and that rewards me with a healthy 58,7 WR. I can feel that the 85 can rock but right now not for me. 

 

So, now my question for you: is this tank going to be so much better when maxed out that its worth this painfull grind or is it wiser to spent my time on e. g. grinding out the Comet i also want?

 

I thought about just buying the T 34-85 M but i don't like the looks of that model as much, and it ain't a real live model. 


Edited by Unicorn_of_Steel, 30 April 2019 - 11:22 PM.


Gruff_ #2 Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:54 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18606 battles
  • 445
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011

You have played enough games to know how different a stock / part stock tank is compared to one that's fully upgraded.  How far through the various modules are you?  I went through a similar thing with the Tier 6 German medium vk30.01p a friend suggested I try, that tank didn't really come alive until the last engine was in it and the crew reached 100%.

 

If by maxed out you mean you already have all the top modules but are grinding xp to unlock the next tank thus eliting the t34-85 then if you don't enjoy it just stop.

 

I think the tank is a nicely rounded medium though, so if your crew isn't 100% and you don't have all the modules yet give it a chance to redeem itself.



Unicorn_of_Steel #3 Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:45 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12074 battles
  • 249
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
  • Member since:
    12-29-2017

The tank is basically still stock, i only have the updated tracks. I meant the amount of XP and battles needed to simply get the top configuration.

 

You are ofcourse right, i do know that difference and i do remember the VK P grind too. Maybe it is just the amount of battles needed to unlock all modules that 'scares me'. Afterall, i just want the T 34-85, not going further doen that line.

 

With the same investment in time i can unlock a tier 7 on my way to a tier 8 that i also want. Huge difference.


Edited by Unicorn_of_Steel, 01 May 2019 - 06:47 AM.


Gremlin182 #4 Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:30 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 54171 battles
  • 8,907
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

If you don't enjoy playing the tank then stop.

You want the historic tank in your garage, its possibly already there as it was historically.

The top configuration of tanks in this game are sometimes more what if than what was.

Consider just doing the daily double with it or when there is an event giving more xp and gradually completing it.

 



Unicorn_of_Steel #5 Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:39 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12074 battles
  • 249
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
  • Member since:
    12-29-2017

View PostGremlin182, on 01 May 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

If you don't enjoy playing the tank then stop.

You want the historic tank in your garage, its possibly already there as it was historically.

The top configuration of tanks in this game are sometimes more what if than what was.

Consider just doing the daily double with it or when there is an event giving more xp and gradually completing it.

 

 

 

I think i am going to like it (a lot) in top configuration so i will follow your suggestion, stick to it and just shift down on the grinding pace. 


Edited by Unicorn_of_Steel, 01 May 2019 - 08:40 AM.


Miepie #6 Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:40 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3094 battles
  • 529
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

Aren't you also going up the Soviet heavy line? If you are, then you can choose to pause this one for a while. You can get the 122mm U11 gun on the KV1, you can get the 9RM radio on the KV1S, you can get the 85-D5T-85BM gun on the IS...

If you don't like the tank but want to "complete" it anyway, you can save a lot of xp with these shared modules.



Unicorn_of_Steel #7 Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:42 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12074 battles
  • 249
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
  • Member since:
    12-29-2017
Good advise Miepie but unfortunately i hate HT gameplay... 

Homer_J #8 Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:45 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31411 battles
  • 34,205
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 01 May 2019 - 06:45 AM, said:

The tank is basically still stock, i only have the updated tracks.

 

Never heard of free exp?

 

Also, if you are short of free exp then don't upgrade tracks, buy the enhanced suspension equipment when it is half price, you can sell it with the tank and get your credits back.

 

I would have gone for the first 85mm gun and the engines before tracks anyway.



Unicorn_of_Steel #9 Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:47 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12074 battles
  • 249
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
  • Member since:
    12-29-2017

View PostHomer_J, on 01 May 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

 

Never heard of free exp?

 

Also, if you are short of free exp then don't upgrade tracks, buy the enhanced suspension equipment when it is half price, you can sell it with the tank and get your credits back.

 

I would have gone for the first 85mm gun and the engines before tracks anyway.

 

Oh bugger, forgot about the enhanced suspension.... :facepalm:

 

Once a noob.... 



Pi_314159265358979 #10 Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:50 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6931 battles
  • 768
  • [BURRO] BURRO
  • Member since:
    05-08-2016

It's worth the grind. Definitely.

 

Currently having fun with the 122mm shotgun.



Heavyfoot #11 Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:15 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 20116 battles
  • 102
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

I really like the T34-85. Got 332 games in it, 57 % winrate and 1687 in WN8. Now, for me, that's excellent numbers. You really should have it fully upgraded before judging it.
And if you have a good crew in it, it really takes off.

I also have the T34-85M. Only about 40 games but the stats is about the same. 55 % winrate and 1740 in WN8. Small sample, I know, but they seems to preform about the same. 

 

I've been playing it as a support vehicle. Don't asume that you armour will bounce anything. Take pop-shots at enemies and use your mobility. Normal medium-tank stuff in other words.

I think it's a well rounded tank and it will preform OK for you once fully upgraded.

 



Unicorn_of_Steel #12 Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:32 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12074 battles
  • 249
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
  • Member since:
    12-29-2017

82 games under the tracks, fully upgraded, 100% crew working on first skill. Winrate... 43,9%....lowest of all my tanks... :hiding:

 

This is definitely not my tank... 


Edited by Unicorn_of_Steel, 16 May 2019 - 12:34 PM.


Heavyfoot #13 Posted Yesterday, 12:21 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 20116 battles
  • 102
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 16 May 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

82 games under the tracks, fully upgraded, 100% crew working on first skill. Winrate... 43,9%....lowest of all my tanks... :hiding:

 

This is definitely not my tank... 

 

Well, I must agree. It's one of your worst preforming Tier 6 Mediums. But you gave it a go atleast.



Guts_and_Glory #14 Posted Yesterday, 02:13 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8690 battles
  • 32
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
  • Member since:
    11-20-2013
T34-85 is beast tank.
180 alpha is very good for tier VI med. I think only Italian have more (240). So it's really nice for shooting ppl on hill in bushes who usualy retreat after get shot.
Mobility is not best (cough. cromwell), but it's very good medium tank.
Turret is one of the best for it's tier and 360 base view range is not terrible.

TL:DR one of the most beloved tank ins game for me.
Just wait till you get top configuration, because stock one is terrible

Unicorn_of_Steel #15 Posted Yesterday, 02:30 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12074 battles
  • 249
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
  • Member since:
    12-29-2017

View PostGuts_and_Glory, on 22 May 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

T34-85 is beast tank.
180 alpha is very good for tier VI med. I think only Italian have more (240). So it's really nice for shooting ppl on hill in bushes who usualy retreat after get shot.
Mobility is not best (cough. cromwell), but it's very good medium tank.
Turret is one of the best for it's tier and 360 base view range is not terrible.

TL:DR one of the most beloved tank ins game for me.
Just wait till you get top configuration, because stock one is terrible

 

I have the top configuration. I can feel that it is a very solid tank but we just don't get a long very well.....yet.



Pi_314159265358979 #16 Posted Yesterday, 06:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6931 battles
  • 768
  • [BURRO] BURRO
  • Member since:
    05-08-2016

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 22 May 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

 

I have the top configuration. I can feel that it is a very solid tank but we just don't get a long very well.....yet.

Mate, have you tried mounting the 122mm howitzer? Because it's great at breaking tracks, injuring crew members and severely wounding paper-armoured tanks.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users