Jump to content


Personal stats - what aren't I understanding here?


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

evilchaosmonkey #1 Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:43 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17677 battles
  • 1,937
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

OK it's early and only one coffee in and barely awake (this is my excuse for the following).

 

Why is my overall win rate stated as 52.66, which is worked from victories over total battles (correctly), but neither the two percents add to 100% (52.66 + 46.88 = 99.54%) nor the sum of victories + defeats equal the total battles (9123 + 8053 = 17,176 instead of 17,325).

 

If the difference of 149 battles were draws I always thought these were counted as defeats?  If so that's 0.87% draws, which seems low to me.

 

 

edit:  off to work, so apologies for no responses from me until tonight.


Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 01 May 2019 - 07:44 AM.


WoT_RU_Doing #2 Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:58 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 54264 battles
  • 2,848
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

Hope this helps a little...

shot_1690.jpg

 

 

Don't you dare report me for naming and shaming!!!

 

EDIT: why does your screen shot appear to be so old? There's a whole bunch of battles missing compared to the one I posted....if it's recent, where were you looking?


Edited by WoT_RU_Doing, 01 May 2019 - 08:31 AM.


unhappy_bunny #3 Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:11 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19371 battles
  • 3,278
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

Draws are "defeats" in the game, as in neither side wins, so neither side gets win bonuses etc. But I think they are logged as a draw or just ignored, and therefore on basic WG stats they dont show up, but they do on sites like WoTlabs who could just do the V-D=draw calculation.  Such a small % I would think is normal, most battles are wins or losses.

 

 

Ninja'd by a better example ^


Edited by unhappy_bunny, 01 May 2019 - 08:12 AM.


jack_timber #4 Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:12 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 37419 battles
  • 2,837
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

It takes at least 2 coffee's for the caffeine to reach my ever diminishing brain cells before I become at least coherent, never mind thinking. So had 3 now and it would appear....

Beaten to it.... 



Sirebellus #5 Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:41 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21871 battles
  • 908
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016
I've had 0.97% draws - and I think I get more than a 'normal' number of draws

fwhaatpiraat #6 Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:42 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54256 battles
  • 1,192
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostSirebellus, on 01 May 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

I've had 0.97% draws - and I think I get more than a 'normal' number of draws

What makes you think that?



Laatikkomafia #7 Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:51 AM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 23076 battles
  • 4,949
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 01 May 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

OK it's early and only one coffee in and barely awake (this is my excuse for the following).

 

Why is my overall win rate stated as 52.66, which is worked from victories over total battles (correctly), but neither the two percents add to 100% (52.66 + 46.88 = 99.54%) nor the sum of victories + defeats equal the total battles (9123 + 8053 = 17,176 instead of 17,325).

 

If the difference of 149 battles were draws I always thought these were counted as defeats?  If so that's 0.87% draws, which seems low to me.

 

 

edit:  off to work, so apologies for no responses from me until tonight.

 

There seems to be a delay between the client and the official website. Your battle count is just higher than shown in the WG portal.

CmdRatScabies #8 Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:40 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 38475 battles
  • 4,771
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 01 May 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

 

There seems to be a delay between the client and the official website. Your battle count is just higher than shown in the WG portal.

 

You're suggesting the delayed battles are all defeats?

Laatikkomafia #9 Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:53 PM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 23076 battles
  • 4,949
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 01 May 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

 

You're suggesting the delayed battles are all defeats?

 

Or fun modes like Chaffee racing, Football, the 8 ball mode, historical battles etc. The WG portal might not count them as random battles.

Edited by Laatikkomafia, 01 May 2019 - 12:54 PM.


CmdRatScabies #10 Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:32 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 38475 battles
  • 4,771
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 01 May 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

 

Or fun modes like Chaffee racing, Football, the 8 ball mode, historical battles etc. The WG portal might not count them as random battles.

 

I don't think the OP was questioning why the total battles were different, just why victories + defeats doesn't equal 100%.  Since we regard draws as losses (i.e. not wins) we don't usually see  a "loss rate".

Laatikkomafia #11 Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:54 PM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 23076 battles
  • 4,949
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 01 May 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

 

I don't think the OP was questioning why the total battles were different, just why victories + defeats doesn't equal 100%.  Since we regard draws as losses (i.e. not wins) we don't usually see  a "loss rate".

 

Wotlabs shows he has 52.43% wins, 46.68% losses and 0.89% draws. 52.43+46.68+0.89 = 100. That equals to 9217 wins, 8205 defeats and 156 draws.

 

9217+8205+156 = 17578. That is his current match count shown.

 

17578 - 17325 = 253 matches played that aren't random battles, but aren't CW or SH either. There must have been a mode that's win rate is counted towards the overall win rate, but isn't classified as random battles.

 

EDIT: If CW is counted in the total battle count, the difference is 106 matches. If SHs are counted, the difference is 26 matches.

 

@evilchaosmonkey, could you check the amount of Tank Company battles you have played, if they can still be seen in the in-game profile.


Edited by Laatikkomafia, 01 May 2019 - 02:00 PM.


Laatikkomafia #12 Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:51 PM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 23076 battles
  • 4,949
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010

My total battle count: 23008, 56,38% wins.

Random battles: 22771, 56,26% wins.

Historical battles: 16, 81,25% wins.

TB: 1090, 69,72% wins.

Skirmishes: 213, 62,91% wins.

Advance: 9, 22% wins.

 

With none of those, I can't get the battle count to match. The closest match is with Randoms, Historicals, Skirmishes and Advances, but the win amount is off. I still think fun modes are counted towards overall match count, but not towards random battles. 23008-22771 = 237. 237 does sound reasonable, as there has been multiple fun modes.

 

Out of those possible 237 fun mode matches, I should have won 160. A 67,5% win rate in fun modes. I honestly think that figure doesn't sound unreasonable, as I was quite good in 8-ball and Football :P

 

EDIT: I just noted that the WG Portal counts Random Battles, whereas the IG and Forum battle count includes Tank company battles. FeelsOldMan.

 

And when it comes to the wins + losses not equaling 100% in WG's portal, I assume they simply don't count them as defeats.

 

 


Edited by Laatikkomafia, 01 May 2019 - 03:07 PM.


Schepel #13 Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:02 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 63650 battles
  • 3,297
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013
Draws are counted. Fun mode battles are not. Easy way to check: go and play a few the next time one is available. I suspect that server crashes may account for a few odd results. That or rounding issues.

Miepie #14 Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3070 battles
  • 522
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View PostSchepel, on 01 May 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

Draws are counted. Fun mode battles are not. Easy way to check: go and play a few the next time one is available. I suspect that server crashes may account for a few odd results. That or rounding issues.

 

...or Rampage mode! :ohmy:

evilchaosmonkey #15 Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:05 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17677 battles
  • 1,937
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 01 May 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

Don't you dare report me for naming and shaming!!!

 

EDIT: why does your screen shot appear to be so old? There's a whole bunch of battles missing compared to the one I posted....if it's recent, where were you looking?

 

No idea actually, ones from the website and your's is from in game. In game for me does show 17578 as yours.

 

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 01 May 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

 

@evilchaosmonkey, could you check the amount of Tank Company battles you have played, if they can still be seen in the in-game profile.

 

In game sadly it doesn't separate tank company.  Could be frontline?

 

For what it's worth in game battle counts.

Spoiler

 

I suspect like the inner workings of the MM and RNG this will forever be another episode of Arthur C Clarkes "Mysterious World".

 

Many thanks people, as always your contributions much appreciated by me. :)






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users